• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I got Alan wake, 3d dot heroes and splint second for the peesthree. I didn't like the way the cars handled with the 360 controller and since no one mentioned getting it for 360, I chose the version for the evil system.

Too many games, so little time.

Smokey

Matrix said:
I got Alan wake, 3d dot heroes and splint second for the peesthree. I didn't like the way the cars handled with the 360 controller and since no one mentioned getting it for 360, I chose the version for the evil system.

Too many games, so little time.

I'm getting all I can in now. On Wednesday I start my internship with Exxon..9-5/40 hrs a week..first step into the corporate world..WHAT WILL BECOME OF ME?!!?!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Golfham you guys buy a lot of games.

Smokey said:
I'm getting all I can in now. On Wednesday I start my internship with Exxon..9-5/40 hrs a week..first step into the corporate world..WHAT WILL BECOME OF ME?!!?!

O NO DUDE HOW WILL YOU LIVE!?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:

True, but in my case I sell or trade off old games to buy new games. I have never been one to collect or hold onto my games.

PBY

Banned
Smokey said:
I'm interning now- twice a week 8-5; it suuuuuuucks (mostly b/c i'm not getting paid, so I need to work another job)

Smokey

peterb0y said:
I'm interning now- twice a week 8-5; it suuuuuuucks (mostly b/c i'm not getting paid, so I need to work another job)

Thankfully this internship is paid which makes me feel a little bit better. We'll see how it goes..Exxon is a big company. Kind of intimidated :(

Wellington said:

O NO DUDE HOW WILL YOU LIVE!?

I don't buy a lot of games. I bought RDR this week, but Alan Wake and Split Second I'm renting from Gamefly. I'm just a god at mastering the art of my Gamefly Que and making sure I get certain games.

and

That "what will become of me" was sarcasm you dicks:lol . I mainly put that in there b/c a lot of internships aren't full time, but more on the lines of what peter is doing.

Smokey

so really we're waiting on :

9ers v bucs
colts v chiefs
cowboys v bronocs

the rest are users against robo cpu or cpu vs cpu.

Mrbob

Smokey finally joining the real world. Soon you'll be playing PC games in your spare time!

Wellington said:
I'll be 14-2 in our who plays first matchup this year Bobby.

:lol

Funny aspect is I know you are burning up inside losing to me 2 to 1 right now. But remember you can only get 13 since we play one week this season. And maybe that is the week I decide to play at the last second since it is officially a tie week! :D Sounds like a great plan!

Somnia

Smokey said:
so really we're waiting on :

9ers v bucs
colts v chiefs
cowboys v bronocs

the rest are users against robo cpu or cpu vs cpu.

Crow and I were scheduled to play between 7-8pm cst today...just waiting for him to msg me on live.

Somnia

GG Crow, yet again my defense is pathetic. Ratliff had Jones wrapped up, his arms around him straight chest to chest and somehow he gets out and runs and my secondary just watch the balls fly...my offense did fine, but my defense cost me that game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I managed to rip the cord from my headset to my controller, so no mic until I get a replacement, I guess...

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Also got Split Second. I'm surprised none of you here have it or anything considering how much you all rave about Burnout. It's a pretty slick racing game. It's fast and there is ALOT going on around you with the player triggered events etc. It came out at the wrong time...it's not getting the attention it should!

Split Second is right up my alley but you're right, there's too much shit going on right now. Poor time to release the game. Summer+RDR+Alan Wake is not a good time for a racing game, unless it was Gran Turismo 5. Split Second is instantly relegated to the $20 or less bargain pickup in 6-12 months.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Split Second is right up my alley but you're right, there's too much shit going on right now. Poor time to release the game. Summer+RDR+Alan Wake is not a good time for a racing game, unless it was Gran Turismo 5. Split Second is instantly relegated to the $20 or less bargain pickup in 6-12 months.

Won't take too long for it to be $30 ish. Amazon was offering it at $45 with a $10 credit. I would've jumped on it but I decided to rent it from Gamefly instead. Very fun racing game. Just about every race feels close and competitive due to the events that you can trigger. And this is just against the CPU, I've yet to try it online.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck man I got Rors next week. I can see him now...

wwmfjn.gif

:(

Don't pick on my S, please. :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Somnia said:
I'm loving Alan Wake, actually been playing it quite a bit today since its dark as hell outside and pouring down rain :D I've had a couple jump moments from logs falling,etc. but other than that I agree...very very tense game.

I bought split/second also, but haven't popped it in yet with Alan Wake and RDR. Will get to it though!

I wasn't going to get Alan Wake, but I did see some justin.tv footage that looked really cool. Not sure it was $60 cool, but it did look like something I would like. I will get that when I see a deal.

DMczaf

Defensive AI feels like bad NFL2K AI.

I was throwing to my triple covered TE over and over with the corner route, most of the time they couldnt stop it, and when I did complete it they wouldnt even tackle me so it was a TD :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The engine is impressive. the AI is stupid. Its roughed the kicker twice giving the CPU first downs

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
Defensive AI feels like bad NFL2K AI.

I was throwing to my triple covered TE over and over with the corner route, most of the time they couldnt stop it, and when I did complete it they wouldnt even tackle me so it was a TD :lol
Oh man I remember that. Guys that wouldn't even react to the ball. :lol I'll take spidey sense DBs any day over that.

I remember being down 6 to k0nex with less than a minute to go. The running game was so overpowered I didn't even pass, I just ran the ball down the field for the TD to win. :lol

Mrbob

Who else blew up one side of their team this season?

I'm having fun seeing what I can do with my defense. My Dline was so poor I drafted a Left End in the first round and a Defensive Tackle in the second round, both starting for me right now. My Right End is a second year player. The only defensive lineman starter I have back is Tommie Harris. I switched up my secondary too, moving CBs around and starting a new Free Safety. I don't think I made any offensive changes this season at all, but my D had to be retrofitted into a new mold after last season.

Mrbob

My 85 speed left end is a beast in the open field. That bitch Vick isn't getting past him. Plus those HB tosses aren't going by him. I wish I had a couple more years to nature him into an elite player, because getting by a defender the dude just collapses on the QB quickly. I was testing him out against the Packers, and once I got by a defender he was on Rodgers in a second. He needs some pass rush seasoning which he would get over time, but I'll have to use his abilities as they are this season!

CB3

Rodgers aint Vick. Vick will truck that pussy ass DE and keep moving. Dont worry. Ill make sure to have some Vick packages when we play.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

I'm having fun seeing what I can do with my defense. My Dline was so poor I drafted a Left End in the first round and a Defensive Tackle in the second round, both starting for me right now. My Right End is a second year player. The only defensive lineman starter I have back is Tommie Harris. I switched up my secondary too, moving CBs around and starting a new Free Safety. I don't think I made any offensive changes this season at all, but my D had to be retrofitted into a new mold after last season.
I blew up my defense last year and didn't draft anything this year.

-Got rid of Nnamdi
-Got rid of Morrison
-Got rid of Seymour
-Got rid of Harrison
-Chris Johnson declined heavily
-Lopez declined

Feels good, man.

LiveWire

DMczaf said:
New Video Doc on Presentation, celebrate Rors!

:lol @ the fat coach player model. DATASS

Wow. Sounds great. Won't skip over the presentations now if there's going to be more unique commentary before each game. Also like hearing that they've included those staple pieces of stadium music. Can't wait to hear "Hail to the Redskins" whenever I score. I may even plug my mic in and sing along. :lol

CB3

LiveWire said:
Can't wait to hear "Hail to the Redskins" whenever I score. I may even plug my mic in and sing along. :lol

Good thing for us that wont be too often then.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Been continually blowing up both sides. Only holdover on the OL from the start is Snee. Only holdover on the DL is Tuck. None of the guys I had at LB starting out are still there. I never got picks high enough to address the secondary aside from Kelly.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Good thing for us that wont be too often then.

Yea I thought about including that in my post cause I knew you would post it but I thought I'd let you have your fun now. Kevin Kolb and the Infinite Sadness is only a few months away.

CB3

LiveWire said:
Yea I thought about including that in my post cause I knew you would post it but I thought I'd let you have your fun now. Kevin Kolb and the Infinite Sadness is only a few months away.

Lets say Kolb does suck. did you see how my offense flowed with Vick when Donny went down this last season? If it gets that bad, ill just start Vick. Bob can tell you how that went for him

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
New Video Doc on Presentation, celebrate Rors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1enyCfcN40&feature=player_embedded

:lol @ the fat coach player model. DATASS
:| h8u

Presentation is absolutely meaningless to most of us. Pregame stats don't matter because they're not updated. So, after one season, you see "stats not available."

Commentary gets old after one season because it's not updated. "Last year, the Raiders struggled passing the ball." When in reality, they were among the best passing teams. The QB comparisons will also be inaccurate because, by season 2, Manning and Brees will not have been in the previous SB (no offense Luke/Sable!).

I like that they also hate that thing I kept talking about which is "number of plays run." STFU ALEX THAT'S COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS!!

LiveWire

I'd rather face Vick to be honest. He is what he is, you know what to expect and it's up to you as a defensive coordinator to handle him. It was never the scrambling with McNabb that got me POed, it was the trucking LBs like he was Jim Brown.

Edit: Good points, Rors. Would be even better if they focused on developing scripts for the inevitable roster changes in franchise mode. Even if it was just a basic "the Redskins middle linebacker really improved since his rookie season after taking over from London Fletcher" it would keep you motivated to watch these intros after the first season.

CB3

LiveWire said:
I'd rather face Vick to be honest. He is what he is, you know what to expect. It was never the scrambling with McNabb that got me POed, it was the trucking LBs like he was Jim Brown.

Vick trucks LB's too. I did it to CK.

Im not worried about offense at all in 11. Jax, Maclin, Celek, McCoy will make things easy no matter the QB

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
:| h8u

Presentation is absolutely meaningless to most of us. Pregame stats don't matter because they're not updated. So, after one season, you see "stats not available."

Commentary gets old after one season because it's not updated. "Last year, the Raiders struggled passing the ball." When in reality, they were among the best passing teams. The QB comparisons will also be inaccurate because, by season 2, Manning and Brees will not have been in the previous SB (no offense Luke/Sable!).

I like that they also hate that thing I kept talking about which is "number of plays run." STFU ALEX THAT'S COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS!!

B7XAl.jpg

CB3

I cant wait to play CK with his user controlled safety. Though at this point, it will probably be at somepoint in July when i get that chance

Top Bottom