• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Vick trucks LB's too. I did it to CK.

Im not worried about offense at all in 11. Jax, Maclin, Celek, McCoy will make things easy no matter the QB
It was actually S Davion Kelly. You know, the guy that has played Livewire's Skins 4 times and has 6 picks against them.

BigAT

DMczaf said:
B7XAl.jpg
Not enough backwards hats.

Ian is disappoint.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
It was actually S Davion Kelly. You know, the guy that has played Livewire's Skins 4 times and has 6 picks against them.

I have 6 picks against Dane Morrow, and I'm not even in the Madden 10 video game.

Rorschach

:lol How much of this thread has been NFC East trash talk? I'd wager about 50%. It never ends!

50% NFC East trash talk
30% other games
10% drama
8% trades
2% setting up games

Not that I don't enjoy it!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
:lol How much of this thread has been NFC East trash talk? I'd wager about 50%. It never ends!

50% NFC East trash talk
30% other games
10% drama
8% trades
2% setting up games

Not that I don't enjoy it!
So it's just like ESPN.
2di3voo.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
O8ul3.jpg

I totally called Gameflow having the "Adjust the Baseball Cap while on the Sidelines in Week 15 & 16-Mini Game" a couple weeks ago.

BigAT

DMczaf said:
I like the "Classy Giants Fan" on the far right. Nice jeans and a nice Giants tucked in collared shirt.
giantspic.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
I like that someone is rocking a Bear Pascoe jersey.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone try out the backbreaker demo? I think it's on the 360 now

BigAT

Matrix said:
I just played it for a sec.

They do some interesting things, but I'm pretty confident that it's going to be a bad game. It's hard to impossible to get a sense of what is happening on the field as a result of the camera angle. This is possibly intentional, but it's frustrating to have such a limited perspective on the action. Play calling is ridiculously simple, similar to Joe Montana football or any other 20 year old football game.

I was hoping this would be good and give the Madden team the competition they have so desperately lacked the last ~5 years, but unfortunately I don't think that is the case.

TheCrow

Matrix said:
meh, its alright for a few minutes but the animation engine loses its charm. Playing on offense seemed more fun than defense since you rarely get involved in the play. Maybe it gets better when I start switching players but the camera angle makes it hard to keep track of the action.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sounds like crap, I'll still try it later.

Thanks for the impressions guys.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well that sux. I'll try it out but I just hope that the casuals out there (read: Suckers) buy enough of the game that it gets a sequel and can pose as enough of a threat to get EA off their asses.

Mrbob

I'm actually pretty excited to hear about all the audio cues EA is taking with Madden 11. Having authentic, stadium specific audio will be great. The fact that the game now knows the difference between regular season and postseason for presentation is awesome too. I hope EA takes the next step and gets crowd involvement in the stadium correct. I've still never felt the difference between a home and road game for madden.

On a related note, I hope EA gets the horn and Chelsea Dagger into NHL 11 so I can hear it play after every Blackhawks score.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Me and you are taking over in the NHL team up bob. now that pheeknicks is gone we can guide them to the promise land. We'll be like the rockers. Im HBK. Your Jannetty

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Me and you are taking over in the NHL team up bob. now that pheeknicks is gone we can guide them to the promise land. We'll be like the rockers. Im HBK. Your Jannetty

This is going to end with Bob's head through a plate glass window, isn't it?

PBY

Banned
Mrbob said:
You pick up NHL 10, or talking about next years game?
bob, have you been playing with the gaf chel squad? If not, get ur ass online

edit: CB, stop being cheap- buy a used copy and join us

DMczaf

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/05/21/madden-audio.aspx

"I was campaigning to get rid of Hammond before we shipped [Madden NFL 10], and really pushing on it," remembers Madden NFL 11 creative director Ian Cummings. Funnily enough, before Hammond signed on with the series a few years ago, the NFL had suggested Johnson. For whatever reason it never happened.

NFL wanted Gus for Madden 09? :lol Goddamn it Tiburon

EA Tiburon isn't just adding more excitement with the addition of Johnson (see examples in the YouTube clips below), it is also adding more play-by-play in general. Previous Madden games only had audio for the snap, throw, catch, and then nothing until the player hit the endzone. "There's like four or five layers now," Cummings says, "snap, breaking through the line, making a move through the d-backs, open field..." The team wants to have more emotion come through and less of a dry, radio-style play-by-play. To help the process EA hired two writers to punch up the commentary.

Whereas in past years the team had about 50 people shout their lungs out in the parking garage next door to the EA Tiburon offices and then add layer upon layer of reverb to fill it out, this year they've re-recorded things like the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!" celebration and added more variety in the pitch and cadence of the voices to more accurately replicate a crowd of different people. Furthermore, this year's Madden features more famous team-specific chants, such as the Vikings' "Skol Vikings!" song that plays after a score, the Redskins' "Hail to the Redskins," and the Eagles' "Fly Eagles Fly."

Stadiums are given further life via the licensing of such famous stadium songs like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck," Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train," Blur's "Song 2," Garry Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2," Bush's "Machinehead," Todd Rungren's "Bang the Drum All Day," and Zombie Nation's "Kernkraft 400 (sport chant stadium remix)," among others.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I like the "Classy Giants Fan" on the far right. Nice jeans and a nice Giants tucked in collared shirt.
2di3voo.jpg
smh perfect occasion for Myron Rolle.

btw- why does Addai look like he's almost the same height as Peypey (and why is he mad dogging him)?

LiveWire

goldlion054 said:
:lol bah, good stuff. I miss old school wrestling. I want my attitude era back :(

Yea, I stopped watching religiously after Wrestlemania XI, just before the Rock got big. Watched here and there during that era, and stopped in like 2000/2001. It just ain't as good as it used to be.

Top Bottom