• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

CB3 said:
that was a good game. The whole game was even besides my 1 punt which ended up making the difference.

that first play by me was a wakeup call.

I forgot you had Samuel! I didn't realize it until after I threw it and saw that muthafuckas hair swing out the back that I knew. I let out a FUCKKKK as soon as I let it go and bam INT:lol

You also caught me in some bad defensive schemes. I tried to audible out and apparently that makes it worse because on a few of your TDs dudes were wide tha fuck open.

I'm getting on Red Dead in like 20. I want to play MPPPPPPPPP

daw840

So....I don't really have that much longer to start up a game. If Wellie isn't around to play tonight, I would like to appoint either Smokey or FMT to sub in my absence

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
So....I don't really have that much longer to start up a game. If Wellie isn't around to play tonight, I would like to appoint either Smokey or FMT to sub in my absence
Headed home now buy it's a half hour. Can you stay up?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sorry for not playing, I got too wrapped up in the single player and am still learning how to play. I'll be free for sure tomorrow night for MP after the Fringe season finale is over.

I'm becoming Mr.Bob :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn GG Daw. My S play was finally a liability, tho I don't understand how TT was on Moss on that long pass when I explicitly had Webster in the slot.

LiveWire

Matrix said:
Sorry for not playing, I got too wrapped up in the single player and am still learning how to play. I'll be free for sure tomorrow night for MP after the Fringe season finale is over.

I'm becoming Mr.Bob :(

Don't worry, it was a bitch getting started due to Rockstar's servers dropping people every now and then, and then the Free Roam invisibility glitch. I think we're all probably best served getting some more SP in the week and waiting to really tackle the MP until the weekend or next week (when hopefully a patch and more stable servers are ready).

Smokey

So we get put into a Team Deathmatch right. Bob and I are on the same team. I'm getting shot at so I'm running fast as shit. Still getting shot. I die. Camera pans to my killer...it's MrBob.

Then I respawn doin my thing I get SHOT AGAIN. I'm like wat tha fuck. I turn around and Bob IS CHASING ME SHOOTING ME. I had to tell him we're on the same team you fuck and he then tells me oh I thought this was Free For All!

s m h

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
WTF the game where I basically give up two TDs is my best game. 6 tackles 1 assist! :D

Of course, I was in position for a pick and fucked up, but hey, I'll get it next time!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
So we get put into a Team Deathmatch right. Bob and I are on the same team. I'm getting shot at so I'm running fast as shit. Still getting shot. I die. Camera pans to my killer...it's MrBob.

Then I respawn doin my thing I get SHOT AGAIN. I'm like wat tha fuck. I turn around and Bob IS CHASING ME SHOOTING ME. I had to tell him we're on the same team you fuck and he then tells me oh I thought this was Free For All!

s m h
Lmao :lol

Livewire, I have no problem waiting till they smooth things out. I can't even redeem my golden guns code. I truly wonder if they just didn't expect so many people to buy the game. Seems like system over load or something.

I remember the ps3 servers being wonky for gta the first week of release, but not on the 360.

Rorschach

Smokey said:

s m h
:lol :lol

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Lmao :lol

Livewire, I have no problem waiting till they smooth things out. I can't even redeem my golden guns code. I truly wonder if they just didn't expect so many people to buy the game. Seems like system over load or something.

I remember the ps3 servers being wonky for gta the first week of release, but not on the 360.

I got my code to unlock about an hour ago...social club finally up! Golden Guns are pretty sweet. :D

Robo Santanio Holmes looked like a fucking champ today against my sub-par pass defense. I get the last laugh though :lol

And wasn't their a human Steelers player when we started this season? Because i remember him taking the running back i considered with his pick...

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
Robo Santanio Holmes looked like a fucking champ today against my sub-par pass defense. I get the last laugh though :lol

And wasn't their a human Steelers player when we started this season? Because i remember him taking the running back i considered with his pick...
Yeah, but he quit before week 1. -_-

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I got my code to unlock about an hour ago...social club finally up! Golden Guns are pretty sweet. :D
Cool, guess I'll try it later. I got an extra code, eBay prices are crazy lol

I just had my first shootout helping a sheriff in a thunderstorm, holy shit the graphics,sound and gameplay. I knew the game was going to be good, but not this good.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How do you guys not overpursue when playing in space? It's absolutely killed my run D since I use my run stuffing S. That is my biggest weakness, I've given up long runs in every game so far. Then the problem becomes I put too much pressure on my O to perform which ends badly. :(

Anyway, I'll get RDR this weekend. I'm trading in MW2 and whatever else I have on my shelf. Hopefully by then the servers are working well.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I hooked up the new HDMI receiver last night so I didn't get a chance to play any RDR. I am trying to focus on RDR's single player at the moment, but I am definitely down for some MP action this weekend (if the servers are ok).

Smokey

Wellington said:
How do you guys not overpursue when playing in space? It's absolutely killed my run D since I use my run stuffing S. That is my biggest weakness, I've given up long runs in every game so far. Then the problem becomes I put too much pressure on my O to perform which ends badly. :(

Anyway, I'll get RDR this weekend. I'm trading in MW2 and whatever else I have on my shelf. Hopefully by then the servers are working well.

I try not to big hit if it's a one on one situation. Most of the time if I'm in space I use the LT button to strafe and just run into the runner rather than pressing X to tackle. Less chance of getting burned with a juke/spin that way.

About RDR: If they can get Free Roam patched up the game has serious potential in MP. I enjoyed what I played last night (Grab Bag, Team Deathmatch), but I really want to try Free Roam. Myself, DCX, Live, and Bob managed to get into a posse together but then I got dropped from the servers. From then on we just went into the more structured game types that I mentioned above and stayed there for awhile.

Also I entered my gun code that was in the box for the Golden Guns and it went through, but is that it? What is social club and do I have to use that to make the guns activate?

Somnia

Smokey said:
I try not to big hit if it's a one on one situation. Most of the time if I'm in space I use the LT button to strafe and just run into the runner rather than pressing X to tackle. Less chance of getting burned with a juke/spin that way.

About RDR: If they can get Free Roam patched up the game has serious potential in MP. I enjoyed what I played last night (Grab Bag, Team Deathmatch), but I really want to try Free Roam. Myself, DCX, Live, and Bob managed to get into a posse together but then I got dropped from the servers. From then on we just went into the more structured game types that I mentioned above and stayed there for awhile.

Also I entered my gun code that was in the box for the Golden Guns and it went through, but is that it? What is social club and do I have to use that to make the guns activate?

Social club is rockstars community thing. It has daily challenges, etc. You also get a free in game outfit if you set up your social club account.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
RDR Talk -

I played a bit of Free Roam last night. Question, so if you don't pick a game type do you just run around and do the challenges where you are clearing areas? That is all I did last night. I didn't do much, but bumped up a couple of levels. I didn't know you dudes were playing RDR. I was playing BFBC2 with some friends. I'll try to join you dudes tonight.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Cool, guess I'll try it later. I got an extra code, eBay prices are crazy lol

I just had my first shootout helping a sheriff in a thunderstorm, holy shit the graphics,sound and gameplay. I knew the game was going to be good, but not this good.

Amazon still hasn't sent my 20 dollar coupon code yet, what gives? :/

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
RDR Talk -

I played a bit of Free Roam last night. Question, so if you don't pick a game type do you just run around and do the challenges where you are clearing areas? That is all I did last night. I didn't do much, but bumped up a couple of levels. I didn't know you dudes were playing RDR. I was playing BFBC2 with some friends. I'll try to join you dudes tonight.

Yeah if you don't do a gametype you can still do stuff solo, but I think you gain more exp if you're in a group.

LiveWire

dskillzhtown said:
RDR Talk -

Yea, I think you can do the survival/hunting/gathering challenges from the single player game. I think there's bounty hunting as well. Not sure if you can gamble or do the other mini-games.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Smokey said:
Yeah if you don't do a gametype you can still do stuff solo, but I think you gain more exp if you're in a group.

LiveWire said:
Yea, I think you can do the survival/hunting/gathering challenges from the single player game. I think there's bounty hunting as well. Not sure if you can gamble or do the other mini-games.

Thanks and thanks.

I did enjoy the bit I played last night. The world is so big! I did shoot a NPC walking around and ended up getting killed by the policia. I think I may have recorded it for a youtube clip I am making. I need to look when I get home.

I won't even start the single player until the weekend. I know I am going to need a nice chunk of time to get immersed in it.

Mrbob

Nightz said:
I just sent them an e-mail this morning. I'll let you know what they say.

I had amazon contact me (thanks for the EZ tip denogg) and talked to a rep. It is supposed to be 10 days after Red Dead Ships, not 2. The email is wrong. She said she would talk to marketing on the issue, but no code will be given out until May 27. :(

Smokey

Mrbob said:
I had amazon contact me (thanks for the EZ tip denogg) and talked to a rep. It is supposed to be 10 days after Red Dead Ships, not 2. The email is wrong. She said she would talk to marketing on the issue, but no code will be given out until May 27. :(

It's because it's a gift card and not an actual video game credit.

Matrix

Smokey said:
It's because it's a gift card and not an actual video game credit.
True, but slick amazon changed the wording a day or two before release and had it listed as a $20 game credit lol they better not switch this shit on us. I emailed them yesterday about the gift card and still no response back.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Matrix said:
True, but slick amazon changed the wording a day or two before release and had it listed as a $20 game credit lol they better not switch this shit on us. I emailed them yesterday about the gift card and still no response back.
Can you kick over magazine racks on a website??

Mrbob

Matrix said:

Well it is fine, I can wait but ultimately Alan Wake loses. Was gonna use my 20 dollar credit to get it for 29.99 w/ 10 dollar coupon. Now I need the game to be under 39.99 (19.99 w/ credit) to justify buying it now, or perhaps less since the 10 dollar credit will be gone after Saturday.

Also, anyone else see Walmarts new GameCenter site?

www.walmart.com/gamecenter

Has some pretty good deals. They are offering a 50 dollar ecard for 3 preorders. Here is hoping amazon matches, since I already have a couple games listed on the gamecenter site as preorders at amazon.

Matrix

Well I finally got a reply back, so I have proof to email them if they give me a video game credit instead.....

It's clearly worded gift card in the reply they gave me.

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this.  

I checked your order and I can confirm that you are still eligible to receive the $20 gift card for ordering "Red Dead Redemption." We'll send your claim code to redeem the $20 gift card via e-mail within 10 business days after the game releases. You'll receive the claim code to redeem the $20 gift card by June 1."

It went on to say if I don't receive it by then to email them back and they will take care of it.

Smokey

Alan Wake pretty damn tense if you play it like you're supposed to (re: at night, surround sound). A few jump moments that scared the shit out, but in general it's not a "scary" game just very tense. Story is crazy and wtf (in a good way). The way they break the chapters up into TV episodes is a nice little touch that makes you feel that you're watching a TV show. Good stuff.

Also got Split Second. I'm surprised none of you here have it or anything considering how much you all rave about Burnout. It's a pretty slick racing game. It's fast and there is ALOT going on around you with the player triggered events etc. It came out at the wrong time...it's not getting the attention it should!

Somnia

Smokey said:
Alan Wake pretty damn tense if you play it like you're supposed to (re: at night, surround sound). A few jump moments that scared the shit out, but in general it's not a "scary" game just very tense.

Also got Split Second. I'm surprised none of you here have it or anything considering how much you all rave about Burnout. It's a pretty slick racing game. It's fast and there is ALOT going on around you with the player triggered events etc. It came out at the wrong time...it's not getting the attention it should!

I'm loving Alan Wake, actually been playing it quite a bit today since its dark as hell outside and pouring down rain :D I've had a couple jump moments from logs falling,etc. but other than that I agree...very very tense game.

I bought split/second also, but haven't popped it in yet with Alan Wake and RDR. Will get to it though!

Nightz

Smokey said:
I bought Split Second too. Probably won't get around to it until this weekend though.

Top Bottom