• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey bros, i'm back! for 5 minutes :(

fios is being installed on tuesday. they were SUPPOSED to install LAST tuesday and then they didn't. what's funny is one of their reps came out and setup the line it has to use, but apparently they couldn't do the entire setup? whatever.

in other news, MWS you are out dude. 105 points? fucking ridiculous. this is a sim league and i know it hasn't always been "sim" (the game itself prevents it at times) but that is taking it way beyond. we already have enough to deal with and i don't feel like babysitting what you do from week to week. yes madden is serious business, i went into nerd rage when i saw the score, etc etc. but you know what? people are putting their time into this league and you pulling that shit makes a mockery out of it. 45-0, 56-7, 62-10.... all scores i could LIVE with (not be happy with, but live with), but 105 points? get the fuck out of here dude.

it might be a different situation if i HAD NOT talked to you before the season about this type of thing. it might be a different situation if we DIDNT have prior problems with you. but it's not. i get the same vibe from you that i get from ando and vumpler: possible stretches of acceptable games, and then the light switch goes on and you go into shark waters/madden tourney mode. i would rather play in a league with 10 guys and 22 CPU teams than a 32 team human league with a bunch of guys that act like you do.

and if anyone thinks i'm overreacting then i apologize but you know what i don't want this kind of vibe in the league. i know we have had issues from time to time with smokey and luke and even myself scoring a TD late in a game when we could've taken knees. but i think in most cases those people have proven themselves to be good players and have built a reputation that they are on board with having a sim league and they just let a game slip. fine, thats why there are benching rules. i have had issues with MWS's play since last season and i thought this was the perfect opportunity (final season, lots of open teams) for a kind of try out for next season. it didn't work out and it's my responsibility so i'm fixing the situation.

anyhow, i'll be back on tuesday/wednesday on a regular basis

Eh it happens I get bored which is why I tried my hardest to find a human opponent. I honestly didn't think vs CPU play mattered as much as it does to some. I wish I knew at the time I would get the boot or I would have tried and get 140 instead of taking all of my starters out at half time =/

Not sure what you mean, "act like I do" I've never once played non-sim outside of the game I substituted for you last season where I only ran the ball. I basically tried to throw the game to you since I thought it was messed up to give someone a loss for a game they would have had an easy win vs the CPU (minus DCX lol). For me playing in this league was more about talking shit on forums and/or other games than actual on the field play. It's obviously you take the league very seriously but it's like you are trying to make some kind of character attack on me or perhaps you are just doing your best Roger Goodell impersonation lol.

Anyways, if Luke or any of the better guys want a challenging game sometime you can always hit me up on IM have fun with the rest of the season :D

DMczaf

Hey Bob, just so you know IM ON THE FUCKING WEST COAST AND HAVENT SEEN LOST YET!

Even on a bye week you find a way to piss me off!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
:lol

iono

it was a sad and heartfelt ending. but crying at every flash etc.

CMON MAN
They don't call you smokey for nothing, you heartless monster!

I wept like the bitch that I am.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
What the fuck did i just watch.

thumbsdown.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You have never had good taste CB, not shocked you didn't like it :p

CB3

They took the bullshit way out

Marked for spoilers just incase

god damnit i knew they were gonna do that shit. Alternate universe just ended up being heaven or some shit. I felt like i was at church or something that last hour. Shows shouldnt be allowed to cop out that easy. Im gonna pretend this damn show ended when they nuked the island

Rorschach

Maybe I should just read those spoilers and spare myself the 6 seasons of catch-up...

[edit] Lolz read the first sentence! Not spoilered so far!

CB3

it cheapens things when you end it like they did. Its like nothing ever mattered. they built up this whole island and myth and stuff and crumbled it within like half an hour

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
When we 'vancin? /Astro

Two real games and two versus AI games left.

CB3/BigAT
Peterboy/Somnia

Lonestar/Bills
Daw/Ravens.

I believe Daw was away until yesterday. Please don't wait for subs, just play AI.

When is the CB3 game of the week going down? Let's at least take advantage of Bob's bye week. :|

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll play the game when I get home today. Thought about trying to get someone to play it yesterday, but got too busy, and then Lost.

Smokey

CB3 said:
it cheapens things when you end it like they did. Its like nothing ever mattered. they built up this whole island and myth and stuff and crumbled it within like half an hour

Not really.

Just finally explained what the flash sideways were. Everything else on the island except for those actually happened.

Matrix said:
They don't call you smokey for nothing, you heartless monster!

I wept like the bitch that I am.

Haha yeah I saw your posts in there too. I felt a sadness at certain parts too, just not OMG ITZ RAININGZ ON MY FACE, BAWL, THERES THE 9TH TIME, THIS FUCKING SHOW etc

:p

LiveWire

CB is right. Very cheap ending. Looking back you can see what started out as a JJ Abrams sci-fi mystery/thriller turned into a "new plot each season" clusterfuck. Network execs wanted to drag it out for $$$ after Season 1 was so insanely successful, and the shit went downhill from there.

Oh well, there's always 24, which was the better of two shows. Yes, it had its own problems too, but at least the writers were consistent with the tone and plot development from day 1. 24 will bring the A game tonight.

LiveWire said:
CB is right. Very cheap ending. Looking back you can see what started out as a JJ Abrams sci-fi mystery/thriller turned into a "new plot each season" clusterfuck. Network execs wanted to drag it out for $$$ after Season 1 was so insanely successful, and the shit went downhill from there.

Oh well, there's always 24, which was the better of two shows. Yes, it had its own problems too, but at least the writers were consistent with the tone and plot development from day 1. 24 will bring the A game tonight.

This season hasn't had
Aaron Pierce
yet. F-

Rorschach said:
Smith has been pretty good in Madden.

wtf @ 92 BCV as a rookie...

Smith has been a truck for me, but he has no break away speed. I have to do it in chunks, and that often ends in a bad decision for me in terms of throwing the ball :lol

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
Smith has been a truck for me, but he has no break away speed. I have to do it in chunks, and that often ends in a bad decision for me in terms of throwing the ball :lol
He has good speed for a bruiser, but you're right it's not near Best speed. Next year should be interesting having a back with that kind of speed because, hopefully, the game ratings will be brought back down to earth.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
95? How many RBs had 95+ speed in Madden 10? Two, maybe three I think, CJ, Sproles, AP?

So much for making the speed ratings a little more sensible.

Edit: Of course I mean non-fantasy RBs.

Rorschach said:
He has good speed for a bruiser, but you're right it's not near Best speed. Next year should be interesting having a back with that kind of speed because, hopefully, the game ratings will be brought back down to earth.

Yea, he had solid speed for the type of back he was (sometimes i felt like he was being bruised as opposed to doing the bruising), but with his combination speed and Vision as a Rookie, and he is only going to develop in video game world? I'm going to have a final roster update Chris Johnson on my hands. Should be fun

Rorschach

Wellington said:
95? How many RBs had 95+ speed in Madden 10? Two, maybe three I think, CJ, Sproles, AP?

So much for making the speed ratings a little more sensible.
WRs:
Roddy White
Yamon Figures
Lee Evans
Steve Smith (real one)
Roscoe Parish
Calvin Johnson
M. Thomas
Ted Ginn Jr
Percy Harvin
Bernard Berrian
Devery Henderson
DeSean Jackson
Jeremy Maclin (how is he faster than DJax? smh)
DHB
Santana Moss

RBs:
Chris Johnson
Willie Parker
Felix Jones
DeAngello Williams
Cedric Peerman
Jerious Norwood
AD
Reggie Bush

There are a few 94s out there too, though. Only 99 RB is CJ.

daw840

goldlion054 said:

He seemed to do a great job running against the best run defense in the league..... :(

Rorschach said:
Yeah. Sad part is that I don't think he'll be downgraded much in speed. :\

Because they don't have any film to watch on him from this year?

And Daw, i simply avoided that thick ass Williams wall and had enough speed to make it to the secondary. I'll show you how to do it again for our second match up :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
As long as EA addresses defensive progressions, MLB coverages of crossing patterns, OLB coverage of the flats, and overall reactiveness of the non-controlled players on defense, I think the speed back concern is lessened for me. The removal of Pro-tak is also a good start.

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
Because they don't have any film to watch on him from this year?
Because some guys get legacy ratings and they're never downgraded. For example, LDT, Cromartie, Merriman... and everyone on the Chargers or Pats roster.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
RBs:
Chris Johnson
Willie Parker
Felix Jones
DeAngello Williams
Cedric Peerman
Jerious Norwood
AD
Reggie Bush

There are a few 94s out there too, though. Only 99 RB is CJ.
Reggie!? Norwood?!? Willie!? WTF.

Forgot about Felix, he's a pain in the ass twice a year. DeAngelo shouldn't be that fast in game either.

Whatever, doesn't matter, I'll shut them all down anyway. (Unless I fuck up my assignment in which case my statement is retracted)

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Reggie!? Norwood?!? Willie!? WTF.

Forgot about Felix, he's a pain in the ass twice a year. DeAngelo shouldn't be that fast in game either.

Whatever, doesn't matter, I'll shut them all down anyway. (Unless I fuck up my assignment in which case my statement is retracted)

Maybe you should focus on shutting Portis down first. Baby steps...

Top Bottom