• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

gg GCQ

How the hell are you 0-5? Your running game was just abusing me and I couldn't get a yard on the ground up the middle. Everytime I saw 2 WR formations, I'd cringe knowing Run was coming :|

GCQuinton

DMczaf said:
gg GCQ

How the hell are you 0-5? Your running game was just abusing me and I couldn't get a yard on the ground up the middle. Everytime I saw 2 WR formations, I'd cringe knowing Run was coming :|

gg DM. There's more than one reason why I'm 0-5 (special teams, running into a figurative buzzsaw with Shawn, not balancing my playcalling, etc.) but I seem to finally be putting it together in my last two games. Picking up Danell Ellerbee gave me another speed LB for my 3-4 with Beason and getting Kendall Simmons shored up my line so I could finally get a few passes off. Brandon Gibson's been doing pretty good since I picked him up too.

Hopefully I can turn this around before it gets worse :lol

GCQuinton said:
gg DM. There's more than one reason why I'm 0-5 (special teams, running into a figurative buzzsaw with Shawn, not balancing my playcalling, etc.) but I seem to finally be putting it together in my last two games. Picking up Danell Ellerbee gave me another speed LB for my 3-4 with Beason and getting Kendall Simmons shored up my line so I could finally get a few passes off. Brandon Gibson's been doing pretty good since I picked him up too.

Hopefully I can turn this around before it gets worse :lol

be a real shame if you ended up with the #1 pick.... a real shame :D

Gotta give Sable mad props for his script he developed for our league. It almost
completely redeems that pos EA site.

I can't wait to play my next game, I feel so rusty right now.

bluemax

Banned
Do we get any benefits from the roster update? Like guys who didn't exist before being added to the FA list?

Shawnwhann said:
Gotta give Sable mad props for his script he developed for our league. It almost
completely redeems that pos EA site.

I can't wait to play my next game, I feel so rusty right now.

Is the league advanced? I'm ready to go now.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
be a real shame if you ended up with the #1 pick.... a real shame :D

Do you like the numbers I'm putting up with K2? We better get our K2 vs VD game soon.....real soon!

After starting 0-3, I'm back to .500. I can't tank the season like you and Rors, I have a little something called integrity!

Birdman02

Storybook, you around now? It's cool if not because I'm kinda tired, but I'll hang around for 30 minutes or so in case you wanna play tonight.

LiveWire

gg Malley, that was the craziest effin' Madden game I have ever played. :lol Most fun, too. Holy shit that was nuts. I think that was the first tie in GAF Madden history?

Great job shutting down my offense. It's not that great to begin with, but man, dominated. I was happy I was able to fool you on a sweet play-action to Moss to tie it up, and when I forced you to punt with 4 minutes left I figured, OK, I can drive and kick a FG to win. Little did I know what I was in for... :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I think I can quit this league today and I wouldnt have a care in the world... seriously I think this may be the worst piece of shit game I have played in a long time... Not only did they not want me to win, they couldnt even let me give it to livewire.. wtf

superportis on a 3rd and 12 locked down and breaks free like earl campbell, the bus and bo jackson wrapped in one, gets the first. (cant cry there really because my guy had a run where he broke like 5 tackles backfield...still)

overtime has me drive to the 10 or so to kick a chipshot for the victory and a damn holding call.... fine rekick and the meter starts off over all the way to the right... cool good shit...

get the ball back and hand it off to the horse, boom fumble... really now... ok i get it, my 34 rated chiefs arent supposed to win this game, but damn.

I usually dont give a damn about games like this, but staying up late on a work night to play this gahbage is wearing thinner than kobe's hairline.. maybe I am just tired as hell...

gg Live...

edit after seeing Live's awesome happy post...

I am not gonna lie... i was here jumping like a school girl when I got in position to kick the game winner, beside all the craziness it was a hard fought game.. I will see you in the superbowl brother 2014

LiveWire

I thought you deserved it cause you dominated more, I was just clawing desperately to get the ball back, and I got lucky time and again. Then when I made the pick with Horton, I thought, here! this is the end! And Cassell channels Big Ben and makes The Tackle to save the game. At that point I knew the game wanted a tie. I wouldn't be too disappointed though--you keep playing like that and you should be able to take out at least one other NFC East team. Fuck, it's like you had Derrick Thomas at weak, middle and strong linebacker. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I forgot about the cassell save there, after the int I was happy to see LJ in the area but then he did some move that would make turbo and ozone jealous so i guess that hyped Cassell up to actually break out a tackle.. I was sure you were going into the endzone on that one.. has there ever been a tie in the history of our leagues? crazy game... no OT highlights to show.. that sucks

LiveWire

Yea, no OT highlights or stats either. OT was where all the craziest shit happened too. :lol I'm guessing the game doesn't save stats from OT? Of course, figures EA probably didn't test OT games enough. :facepalm

Smokey

gg lj

i need to stop getting complacent whenever i get up 2+ TDs. that shit always comes back and bites me :/. i thought you were maybe gonna tie it up and we'd go to Ot. was a little surprised you kicked it on 4th with 1:57 to go in the game when you were down a TD.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait a minute, livewire accepted a penalty on a FG? that is a no-no dude.

ALL PENALTIES ON KICKS ARE TO BE DECLINED!

i thought we went over this fellas :/

How about you tell MS to hurry up and post the patch so we don't have to deal with this?!

Also

119nknk.png
nefhgw.png

LJ11

Smokey said:
gg lj

i need to stop getting complacent whenever i get up 2+ TDs. that shit always comes back and bites me :/. i thought you were maybe gonna tie it up and we'd go to Ot. was a little surprised you kicked it on 4th with 1:57 to go in the game when you were down a TD.

I was backed up, I couldn't go for it or it was over for sure.

My dline brought zero pressure and you had too much time to pass, and I couldn't cover the entire field, gave up some big plays.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait a minute, livewire accepted a penalty on a FG? that is a no-no dude.

ALL PENALTIES ON KICKS ARE TO BE DECLINED!

i thought we went over this fellas :/

He's a redskins fan. Its not his fault.

Since its clear livewire stole a win he should be made to forfit in his game against me!

Striker

Ramirez,

I'll be done at work tomorrow at 10:00 est: :\

Not sure how your schedule is set up, but if you're around then let's play. If not, hopefully we'll be able to Saturday evening.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Astro: You said your sched will be crazy for the next couple of weeks, let me know when you can play our game after the week is advanced. I will be home all day Sunday watching football, but the only time I will be unwilling to play is when the Giants game is on.

Birdman02 said:
Storybook, you around now? It's cool if not because I'm kinda tired, but I'll hang around for 30 minutes or so in case you wanna play tonight.

I was falling asleep towards the end of the game last night so I just went to bed after it was over.

I'll be around tonight and most of the day tomorrow.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
He's a redskins fan. Its not his fault.

Since its clear livewire stole a win he should be made to forfit in his game against me!

You scared?

Sorry FMT and Malley, I thought it was for when there were back-to-back holding calls. I'd argue it's still sim even if that happens, but given that it's EA it's usually not a case of being sim but bad programming. It won't happen again.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Astro: You said your sched will be crazy for the next couple of weeks, let me know when you can play our game after the week is advanced. I will be home all day Sunday watching football, but the only time I will be unwilling to play is when the Giants game is on.
Yeah getting it played on the weekend should be no problem, mostly available.

LiveWire

Oh and CB, if the league advances anytime after Saturday night I won't be free until Monday night to play our game. If it does get advanced on Saturday, I may be able to play in the evening, but it will be last minute notice if so. Anytime before 2PM on Sat would work fine however, if we advance that early.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
How about you tell MS to hurry up and post the patch so we don't have to deal with this?!
:'( I can't do Beywatch anymore since his stats were stolen, but rest assured, he owns Crabjoke in everything! Including drops!

DenogginizerOS said:
Rors,

I will be pretty busy this weekend. Mayber Sunday night, but most likely it will be Monday.
I'm available Sunday. Let me know if it's possible then. I may be available Monday, but I'm not sure yet. It might be mega late for the east coast.

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
And you're giving me shit for trying to acquire a slot receiver rated 75 while you try to claim baby TO and an over the hill, yet overrated safety. The nerve!!!

Crow, don't do this deal, it's beyond nonsensical. Jackson gets injured every play and isn't near the stud that Marshall is.

I should have taken this advise. :( Damn dislocated hips!!!

LukeSmith

Storybook, which timezone are you? I want to try and figure out when we're going to be able to play each other once the league advances.

LukeSmith said:
Storybook, which timezone are you? I want to try and figure out when we're going to be able to play each other once the league advances.

EST...I'll be gone most of Sunday since I'm going to the Falcons game. I should be around Monday or Tuesday, typically after 10 EST is best for me so that I can spend time with the wife after work.

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
EST...I'll be gone most of Sunday since I'm going to the Falcons game. I should be around Monday or Tuesday, typically after 10 EST is best for me so that I can spend time with the wife after work.

Awesome, I am almost never home before 10 EST anyway.

Fifty

LukeSmith said:
Awesome, I am almost never home before 10 EST anyway.

We need to talk about that. By the time you get home I'm already asleep. You never say goodnight to the kids..you leave me to do the dishes...we never have family dinners. This is not how it is supposed to work!

Fifty said:
We need to talk about that. By the time you get home I'm already asleep. You never say goodnight to the kids..you leave me to do the dishes...we never have family dinners. This is not how it is supposed to work!

Stop being so controlling. You'll only push him away acting like that. :lol

Ramirez

Striker said:
Ramirez,

I'll be done at work tomorrow at 10:00 est: :\

Not sure how your schedule is set up, but if you're around then let's play. If not, hopefully we'll be able to Saturday evening.

I'll try my best to be around tonight.

Birdman02

storybook77 said:
I was falling asleep towards the end of the game last night so I just went to bed after it was over.

I'll be around tonight and most of the day tomorrow.

I should be around tonight. If not, I'll be around most of the day tomorrow...at least until early evening.

Top Bottom