• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
well, forte and olsen+ flats and drags=loss. nickel and dime me all game and me D is retarded. Oh well 4-1.

DCX

Mrbob

One of the first done this week suck it down Rors! :D

I did my best dink and dunk favre imitation that game, combined with running the ball.

The big difference in our game was time of possession.

I won the battle 28:30 to 11:30. I knew I couldn't win a shootout so my intentions were to go total ball control for the entire game...thankfully it worked!

The 3rd quarter also slightly turned the tide. With it being 7-7 you got a couple plays to start the half, got down to my 41 and punted on 4th and 1. I got the ball back on my 15, proceeded to go on a 12 play 85 yard drive that took up the rest of the quarter (7 minutes) to go up 14 to 7 to start the 4th.

My D also needed to step it up after giving up 42 to the Lions. Giving up an opening drive TD and then nothing else the rest of the game was just what they needed! Plus keeping them off the field is a plus so they have less chances to screw up!

It was a good game!

Striker

DCX said:
well, forte and olsen+ flats and drags=loss. nickel and dime me all game and me D is retarded. Oh well 4-1.

DCX
Obviously didn't see the game, but ugh if people are still abusing the flat passes, especially to backs.

I know certain backs will be in the tops for league receptions in the end.

Smokey

Striker said:
Obviously didn't see the game, but ugh if people are still abusing the flat passes, especially to backs.

Bobby is the king of flats and TE drags.

Mrbob

Smokey u just mad u got whupped by Jcut in our scrimmage game. 50+ yard bombs to hester are so so sexy and not in the flats. :D

Striker said:

I am the greatest passer in the history of GAF madden leagues (Maybe? suck it down matrix!), so if someone wants to accuse me of flat passing so be it! I do remember for the only td drive of the game for the falcons ryan going to turner in the flats for a 21 yard gain on 3rd and 3, with urlacher being there but the ai taking a bad angle. Just saying. I did throw it in the flats too once that game...it is reactionary sometimes. I try not to go into the flats with the RB and try to game plan accordingly.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Smokey u just mad u got whupped by Jcut in our scrimmage game. 50+ yard bombs to hester are so so sexy and not in the flats. :D

I am the greatest passer in the history of GAF madden leagues (suck it down matrix!), so if someone wants to accuse me of flat passing so be it! I do remember for the only td drive of the game for the falcons ryan going to turner in the flats for a 21 yard gain on 3rd and 3, with urlacher being there but the ai taking a bad angle. Just saying. I did throw it in the flats too once that game...it is reactionary sometimes.

I was just stating facts. It isn't illegal to throw in the flats. Some plays are designed for it. Other times it's a reaction to a blitz. I just said you were the king at it. Take it how you want chump.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
This "chump" is gonna give you a new avatar soon. :D

braykwjg.jpg

Artadius

sableholic said:
Edit: Sorry, I was mistaken, the bolded is in patch 1. carry on

Also updated the script, a lot more stats (sacks, sacked, games, pass attempts, turnover ratio, rush attempts, passing yards per attempt, etc). Also made it so the sorting column is noticeable, fixed some sorting that wasn't correct, fixed some stats that were incorrect in their decimal numbers. Also all the tables are collapsible if you click their title ("Total Offensive Stats" for example). Did some cleanup to remove redundant code.

Give it a try and let me know if theres anything else you would like added:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

Technically the script isn't that far away from being able to post individual leaderboards, but I wasn't sure if that was something people wanted.

This is so awesome, thank you for this. Folks in my league are starting to use this.

Fifty

Yeah, thanks Sable. I just installed the script. Very impressive work. One person has outdone the entire company of EA. Oh, and you did it for free. Thanks so much.

LJ11

Good game Denog, I got that break on the 3rd and long on the Lynch run, he was stuffed for a 3 yard loss and he broke one too many tackles, and the bounces kept going my way (that KR for example).

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LJ11 said:
Good game Denog, I got that break on the 3rd and long on the Lynch run, he was stuffed for a 3 yard loss and he broke one too many tackles, and the bounces kept going my way (that KR for example).
Yes. The Jets let me down with their tacking and it all fell apart from there. Fine game, as always.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I gotta figure out how to make this script thing work...

Nevermind, it now works at home. Just wouldn't work on Firefox at work....meh.

LJ11

Thanks for the script sable, really good job. We pretty much have what we need between this and the player stats.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
good stuff Sable....

Live i am working on something now, so tonight is out the question, but we can go after the game tomorrow if you want

Birdman02 said:
Storybook, I'm around now. Let me know when you're ready, and I'll sign on.

Got delayed for a bit watching a movie with the wife and other husbandly duties.... :D :lol

I'm able to play right now though.

bluemax

Banned
Smokey said:
Bobby is the king of flats and TE drags.

I think I might give him a run for his money (too bad he ducked me!), although I've called fewer passes to the flats this year than in years past.

Wellington said:
Definitely isn't you.

2m34ojr.jpg

Luke's stats are also inflated by playing the CPU Seahawks. I assure you he wouldn't get 51 points on me.

sableholic said:
Edit: Sorry, I was mistaken, the bolded is in patch 1. carry on

Also updated the script, a lot more stats (sacks, sacked, games, pass attempts, turnover ratio, rush attempts, passing yards per attempt, etc). Also made it so the sorting column is noticeable, fixed some sorting that wasn't correct, fixed some stats that were incorrect in their decimal numbers. Also all the tables are collapsible if you click their title ("Total Offensive Stats" for example). Did some cleanup to remove redundant code.

Give it a try and let me know if theres anything else you would like added:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

Technically the script isn't that far away from being able to post individual leaderboards, but I wasn't sure if that was something people wanted.

Where do you go to see stats?

Smokey

what a shit game.

crow and i lagged the majority of the time. it's a 1 point game with 1.30 to go in 4th. crow is about to attempt a 30yd fg, and it disconnects.

piece of shit.

TheCrow

Smokey said:
what a shit game.

crow and i lagged the majority of the time. it's a 1 point game with 1.30 to go in 4th. crow is about to attempt a 30yd fg, and it disconnects.

piece of shit.

Despite the lag it was a pretty good game, except for your kicker returning a fumble for a touchdown. I almost lost it.

Rorschach

Striker said:
I'm missing stats from Quinn's 18-21, 1 TD game against Cincinnati.

EA >:|
Can I get a "Fuck this game!"

What pisses me off is not that the stats are gone, but that it hurts my player's progression.

Week 2:
<me> Sweet game! Go JRuss!
<EA> DISCONNECT!
<me> Ok, not as good, but 200 yards rushing!
<EA> DISCONNECT!
<me> Shit, JRuss is blowing this game and I can't pass anymore because I'd be running up the score...
<EA> Count it!

Week 3:
<me> Alright, I'm having a good game with JRuss!
<EA> DISCONNECT!
<me> Ok, not as good, but still decent...
<EA> DISCONNECT!
<me> Shit, JRuss fucking sucks in this game and I can't pass anymore because I'd be running up the score...
<EA> Count it!

Week 4:
<me> Score! I'm finally gonna have a good game with JRuss and DHB.
<EA> LOL NO YOU'RE NOT! *DISCONNECT*
<me> Ok, JRuss sucks, but at least I'm gonna win this game...
<EA> lol BUG TIME! You lose!
<me> FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Week 5:
<EA> Lag4u!
<me> :|

Week 6:
<me> Wow! What a game and DHB and JRuss did really well! And we didn't disconnect! Suck it down, EA!
<EA> Not so fast! Here's a new twist! *deletes stats*
<me> You sons of bitches! You win! I don't give a fuck anymore!
<EA> Also, we disconnected the game where your rival was about to lose... lolz

TheCrow

I am officially giving up on this season. I will now become strictly a running team. At least I'll be able to get the losses over with faster. I look forward to my upcoming bye week and not having to beat a good team twice with my mediocre team.

Smokey

How do you use the script that sable made?

I am officially giving up on this season. I will now become strictly a running team. At least I'll be able to get the losses over with faster. I look forward to my upcoming bye week and not having to beat a good team twice with my mediocre team.

:/

gg man

As a side note, must be nice knowing that you just need to get to at least the 44 yd line of your opponents field and you'll get an automatic 3 pts w/ your beast kicker.

TheCrow

Smokey said:
How do you use the script that sable made?

:/

gg man

As a side note, must be nice knowing that you just need to get to at least the 44 yd line of your opponents field and you'll get an automatic 3 pts w/ your beast kicker.

GG. Despite my kickers low OVR he has high KPW so he is the saving grace of my offense. I have a hard time scoring touchdowns since throwing the ball leads to opponents making great picks. And I don't like throwing to the flats or just waiting for receivers to get open because I hate it when it happens to me.

You have to download the greasemonkey add-on for firefox first. And then download the script.

Striker

TheCrow said:
You lost by five points? :\

At least you move on offense. My offense is putrid compared to your guys' right now.

smokey,

How Braylon look?

Smokey

Striker said:

At least you move on offense. My offense is putrid compared to your guys' right now.

smokey,

How Braylon look?

I didn't throw to him too much last game, so Edwards ended up with 2 catches. Didn't help that his first game with my squad was against Champ Bailey. I practiced offline against the Broncos D and decided I wasn't gonna force anything to Edwards since it was probably a 75% chance Bailey would pick it off if it wasn't a perfect throw.

Other than that he will be a welcome addition to the squad. I practiced w/ him on my team in offline for like 2 hrs the other night, he will fit in justtttttttttttt fine.

BTW we meet in week 13. That'll be fun:D

Crow said:
And I don't like throwing to the flats or just waiting for receivers to get open

You're gonna have to change that attitude! Although I can respect it. If somebody is blitzing and your only immediate option is to dump it to the flats what are you gonna do? I don't see a problem with that. As I mentioned earlier there are some plays that are designed for the flats.

Abuse of those plays is a different matter though.

TheCrow

Antonio Gates is who you have to watch out for since LBs can't keep up with him and playing zone won't lead to much better results.

In the first game I contained him but like always the second game was a completely different story.

Edit: It really depends on the pressure the Defense gets. If I tried to help in coverage your QB had all day to pass and if I tried to help in the rush my defenders just leave holes in coverage everywhere. Even if you don't blitz the flats aren't covered like on that third down pass late in the fourth. LT was wide open.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
Antonio Gates is who you have to watch out for since LBs can't keep up with him and playing zone won't lead to much better results.

In the first game I contained him but like always the second game was a completely different story.

I was kind of out of it the first game. Didn't you see in the beginning when I challenged the spot on the kickoff by accident?:lol I meant to call timeout. I had a friend over who was talking to me, and I wasn't completely focused so I was a bit surprised it was a 1 point game coming down the stretch.

When it d/c though I was pissed because I would've only been down by 2 with 2 TOs left with a minute and some change. Thought I could've pulled it out.

2nd game I was more focused since he left so that's why Gates had more of a presence in that 2nd game.

Striker

Smokey said:
I didn't throw to him too much last game, so Edwards ended up with 2 catches. Didn't help that his first game with my squad was against Champ Bailey. I practiced offline against the Broncos D and decided I wasn't gonna force anything to Edwards since it was probably a 75% chance Bailey would pick it off if it wasn't a perfect throw.

Other than that he will be a welcome addition to the squad. I practiced w/ him on my team in offline for like 2 hrs the other night, he will fit in justtttttttttttt fine.

BTW we meet in week 13. That'll be fun:D
Braylon Redemption? :(

If our scrimmage we had before was any indication, the game should be fun. Fucking Jackson and Gates spurned the shit out of me.

Awesome job with the scripts. An individual board and team board locating stats would be nice for a tab... EA! :mad:

TheCrow

Striker said:

smokey,

How Braylon look?

It wasn't that close. In the first game I held him to 21 for four quarters and in the second game it was 21 to 9 at halftime. The only reason it appears closer is because I gave up and just started passing the ball.

BTW I can not get any turnovers. My players can't hold on to picks and can't force fumbles. And I hate having to use the hit stick on every single play because I don't think it is realistic. I think I have one of the worst turnover ratios in the league.

Edit: Losing isn't the problem. It's having the lead with a minute to go in the fourth and then restarting the game only to watch Gates get almost 200 yards receiving and watch the chargers drive down the field with ease repeatedly.

Top Bottom