• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Did we advance yet, wtf
Quote the last post to help it along!

Somnia said:
:D

Petey haven't heard from ya since I posted, can you play anytime after 7pm CST Tuesday?

[edit] Wellington is the only NFC team to have a win against me!

...and he swept me! :( That first game was lag, but this last game was smoove. I'll never live it down! But I get to eeyore him from now on and he can't do it back!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
[edit] The defense force for Backbreaker is awesome. "IT'S NOT FOR YOU!" and/or "YOU'RE NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH!"

Madden was made for people who watch football. Backbreaker was made for people who play football.
2fy4fxb

Rorschach

Smokey said:
btw if anybody was on the fence about Split Second (very fun racer IMO), it's $39.99 next week at Best Buy.
I got it for 30 dollars on PC from Fry's. It's surprisingly fun. I'm not sure if it will get old soon, but so far, it's much better than Blur. Better graphics, gameplay, and handling. Not as much customization, but it's a lot more fun.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
What's the word on the Somnizzle/Peterbro game?
Haven't heard from petey yet. I'm out of town due to UFC midnight launch and opening tomorrow but I'm good anytime after 7pm cst Tuesday

Smokey

I was reading the split second thread, and I thought I read that the pc version framerate was capped? If so that kind of defeats the purpose of going with that version (unless its cheaper like in rors case).

And I finally got my $20 gift code for pre-ordering RDR through Amazon this morning.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just get the feeling that Split/Second will be fun for about a week, but Blur has potential to be fun for much longer due to the MP and to the SP difficulty.

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
How do you guys find the time for all this!?
I just buy games. I don't play them. :p

In all seriousness, RDR should keep me busy until Starcraft 2 comes out and then I will be on Madden 11. I really don't see myself buying anything else for the rest of the summer. I still have an obscene stack of games to play that borders on being an example of gluttony.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
How do you guys find the time for all this!?
I don't know how they do it..its now with madden its hard to find time to play my backlog off..kudos to.those who can manage.

DCX

BigAT

Yeah, there are a pretty absurd amount of good games all coming out right now. It sucks that they're all sandwiched together so badly.

RDR, Mario Galaxy 2 and Madden are all keeping me more than busy right now. Then I'm interested in Blur/Split Second and I want to check out the new UFC game. Plus I finally picked up Bioshock 2 and I just got into the Starcraft II beta. I'm unemployed right now and even I don't have time for all these games.

DenogginizerOS

Not including sports, racing, or fighting, I have 28 games I can list on PC, PS3, and X360 that I have either not started or have started and have not finished. A lot of those are impulse Steam purchases that are games I may never play (so sad). This does not include casual games like Peggle, or smallish games like Trine or PSN/XBL purchases either.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That's crazy. After picking up CoD: MW2, Halo ODST, and L4D2 near their launches and barely touching them I decided that unless I was going to play a game right then and seeing it through to completion I wasn't going to be buying anything new. Only game I've bought so far with this rule in place is RDR...... and I traded in MW2 and L4D2 for it. :lol

Otherwise it's just a waste of money that can go towards other things. :/

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
I just buy games. I don't play them. :p

In all seriousness, RDR should keep me busy until Starcraft 2 comes out and then I will be on Madden 11. I really don't see myself buying anything else for the rest of the summer. I still have an obscene stack of games to play that borders on being an example of gluttony.

Same here. That I managed to put 80 hours (well, probably over 100 considering the re-loads of difficult fights) into Dragon Age: Origins and beat it was stunning to me. I still have a backlog that dates back to the SNES. :lol But it's narrowed quite a bit over the past year. I'd say it's down to 20 or 30 from over 50.

Denog are you in on the SC2 beta? Is it over yet? I can't remember when they said they were closing it.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
Same here. That I managed to put 80 hours (well, probably over 100 considering the re-loads of difficult fights) into Dragon Age: Origins and beat it was stunning to me. I still have a backlog that dates back to the SNES. :lol But it's narrowed quite a bit over the past year. I'd say it's down to 20 or 30 from over 50.

Denog are you in on the SC2 beta? Is it over yet? I can't remember when they said they were closing it.
I am in the Beta. Not sure if it is closed, but considering I was absolutely obliterated the few times I played, I need to seriously consider what I am getting myself into. I fear SC2 is so much like SC1 that someone such as myslef who never played SC1 will get destroyed.

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
That's crazy. After picking up CoD: MW2, Halo ODST, and L4D2 near their launches and barely touching them I decided that unless I was going to play a game right then and seeing it through to completion I wasn't going to be buying anything new. Only game I've bought so far with this rule in place is RDR...... and I traded in MW2 and L4D2 for it. :lol

Otherwise it's just a waste of money that can go towards other things. :/
Agreed, which is why I am trying to focus on RDR and Bad Company 2 for now along with Madden and MLB. I don't want to sell games like Demon's Souls or Just Cause 2, but I honestly have no idea when I will play them.

Do you still have Bad Company 2? I will play that and RDR with you any time.

LiveWire

You never played SC1? You mean, online, or at all? Wow, either way. :lol

It's....more of the same, but I think more noob-friendly. Particularly because you can just opt out of playing ultra-competitive matches with Blizzard's newly minted Battle.net scheme. I'm in mostly for the single player storyline, but I will try to improve my online skills as well. I hope we can get some 4v4 games going with Madden GAF prior to Madden 11.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:
Agreed, which is why I am trying to focus on RDR and Bad Company 2 for now along with Madden and MLB. I don't want to sell games like Demon's Souls or Just Cause 2, but I honestly have no idea when I will play them.

You are playing Bad Company 2?

I really only have 3 games in my rotation at the moment:

RDR
Bad Company 2
NBA Live 10

I was close to buying Alan Wake, but I will wait a bit on that. RDR is enough "story-based" gaming for me at the moment.

DenogginizerOS

dskillzhtown said:
You are playing Bad Company 2?

I really only have 3 games in my rotation at the moment:

RDR
Bad Company 2
NBA Live 10

I was close to buying Alan Wake, but I will wait a bit on that. RDR is enough "story-based" gaming for me at the moment.
I play Bad Company 2 on both PC and X360. I never seem to find people to play with when I am online though. I would love to get on with a regular team though. I am pretty good with all classes and consider the BF games my favorite and most in-line with my personality.

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
You never played SC1? You mean, online, or at all? Wow, either way. :lol

It's....more of the same, but I think more noob-friendly. Particularly because you can just opt out of playing ultra-competitive matches with Blizzard's newly minted Battle.net scheme. I'm in mostly for the single player storyline, but I will try to improve my online skills as well. I hope we can get some 4v4 games going with Madden GAF prior to Madden 11.
I try to play SC1 but the graphics are so bad, I can never get far.

Smokey

Red Dead Redemption is my GOTY so far. Really.

I just need them to fix MP Free Roam.

I think one of the reasons I've been getting so many games (besides Gamefly) is it's very easy to get new games for less than $60 nowadays. If you pay $60 for a new game you're not a smart consumer. Between Amazon offering $10-$20 credits on games and games being on sale (Split Second just came out last week) I don't get people who spend $65 on a title. When a game gets into the $30-40ish range that's almost impulse for me, and with the Amazon credits that happens alot.

(Special/Limited Editions are different I'm talking about the standard game)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Smokey said:
Red Dead Redemption is my GOTY so far. Really.

I just need them to fix MP Free Roam.

I tried to play Free Roam last night. Trying to clear out a couple of gang hangouts and of course other players shot me up before I could do so. I might have to do a private free roam tonight so I can avoid other idiots.

Nightz

So after getting RDR, Split Second and Mario Galaxy 2, I now have $50 of credit/gift cards available...and nothing to spend it on. I got Blur and UFC coming in from Gamefly, so I think I'll be set until StarCraft 2 and Madden come out. :lol

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
I tried to play Free Roam last night. Trying to clear out a couple of gang hangouts and of course other players shot me up before I could do so. I might have to do a private free roam tonight so I can avoid other idiots.

Were you by yourself?

Live, Bob, DCX, and myself got into a posse during launch week and it would keep dropping us after a few minutes. We could play the other game modes fine, but not Free Roam.

Nightz said:
So after getting RDR, Split Second and Mario Galaxy 2, I now have $50 of credit/gift cards available...and nothing to spend it on. I got Blur and UFC coming in from Gamefly, so I think I'll be set until StarCraft 2 and Madden come out. :lol

BACKBREAKER!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm down for multi in RDR tonight if anyone is in.

Don't laugh at Denog, I had also never played SC before getting demolished by Live in the beta about a week back. :|

Nightz

Smokey said:
BACKBREAKER!!!
lol I had fun with the demo, but I don't think it's title I'd want to purchase. It's on my Game Queue though.

As for free roam, I've been playing it the past few nights with some buddies and it's worked fine. There are usually 4 of us and we haven't had a drop yet.

PBY

Banned
Somnia said:
Haven't heard from petey yet. I'm out of town due to UFC midnight launch and opening tomorrow but I'm good anytime after 7pm cst Tuesday
play sometime later tonight? say 10ish est? I'll confirm in a pm later

Wellington said:
I'm down for multi in RDR tonight if anyone is in.

Don't laugh at Denog, I had also never played SC before getting demolished by Live in the beta about a week back. :|

you wanna play me? i don't consider myself any good but i'm always down to play anyways

i'd prefer if we teamed up against others. i know i'm going down whenver i play, i'd rather have someone go down with me lol

Smokey

I've never played StarCraft before either.

That's ok tho. Nothin' to a boss.

I'll dominate when I build the DeathStar this summer.

Smokey said:
I've never played StarCraft before either.

That's ok tho. Nothin' to a boss.

I'll dominate when I build the DeathStar this summer.

you don't just dominate right away. you got lots of ranks to go up before you dominate. and don't even think about ever passing the god in starcraft world (korea)

for now you are just a peasant like me

ph33nix said:
you don't just dominate right away. you got lots of ranks to go up before you dominate. and don't even think about ever passing the god in starcraft world (korea)

for now you are just a peasant like me

and always will be. Unless you think hot keys areall rainbows and candy, Korea will foever laugh at all of us

LiveWire

Wellington said:

The first time, yea, I rushed you at 5 minutes and that was it. Second time you did a little better. You wasted all your money on Thors though. Once you learn the tech tree and the unit matchups you should be fine. 1v1 is a completely different game than 2v2/3v3/4v4, however.

DenogginizerOS

I had a lot of fun with free roam the other night by myself. I cleared out a few gang hideouts and now have some nice swag. Lonestar showed up for a while and helped me take out a pesky shooter that kept shooting us from the hillside.

I might be around tonight for some RDR or BC2.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
The first time, yea, I rushed you at 5 minutes and that was it. Second time you did a little better. You wasted all your money on Thors though. Once you learn the tech tree and the unit matchups you should be fine. 1v1 is a completely different game than 2v2/3v3/4v4, however.
The tech tree is impossible to figure out, that's my problem.

What is bad about Thors?

In RDR last night I was stuck doing that stupid mission with the Marshall in which the gang takes some women hostage in that house and you have to shoot your way in. I couldn't get past the last guy, he has the gun to the one chicks head kept either killing her, or I kept shooting the woman. I didn't even think to use Dead-Eye. :lol :(

Top Bottom