• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
In RDR last night I was stuck doing that stupid mission with the Marshall in which the gang takes some women hostage in that house and you have to shoot your way in. I couldn't get past the last guy, he has the gun to the one chicks head kept either killing her, or I kept shooting the woman. I didn't even think to use Dead-Eye. :lol :(

I can imagine you doing that mission just like that one time in ODST firefight where you were trying so hard to shotgun the elites when they couldnt be damaged by bullets

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
I had a lot of fun with free roam the other night by myself. I cleared out a few gang hideouts and now have some nice swag. Lonestar showed up for a while and helped me take out a pesky shooter that kept shooting us from the hillside.

I might be around tonight for some RDR or BC2.

Yeah, and I've since got another headset to use.

Got disconnected that time, Nog. Still think the game wants me to direct connect instead of wifi :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
I can imagine you doing that mission just like that one time in ODST firefight where you were trying so hard to shotgun the elites when they couldnt be damaged by bullets
That's..... actually exactly how it was. :(

I was on the phone that game alright!

Smokey

Wellington said:
The tech tree is impossible to figure out, that's my problem.

What is bad about Thors?

In RDR last night I was stuck doing that stupid mission with the Marshall in which the gang takes some women hostage in that house and you have to shoot your way in. I couldn't get past the last guy, he has the gun to the one chicks head kept either killing her, or I kept shooting the woman. I didn't even think to use Dead-Eye. :lol :(

Haha that's basically the training mission for Dead-Eye too.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
Yeah, and I've since got another headset to use.

Got disconnected that time, Nog. Still think the game wants me to direct connect instead of wifi :(
I spent $8 on a 50' ethernet cable and $13 on an ethernet switch that I use for my PS3, X360, and Blu ray player and I have not had any issues of late (other than MLB and draft night when the EA servers were dying for a lot of people.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

What is bad about Thors?

I did this same mission last night. I just didn't use the auto aim and shot his gun hand. Great mission.

DCX

LiveWire

Wellington said:

What is bad about Thors?

terran_tech_tree_cropped_June_2009.jpg

You can google for the other races but I figured you will be playing Terran for a while to learn the game as most people do.

Thors are fine for anti-air but only for light aircraft, and Thors kinda need some support (marines). I was bringing in battlecruisers so by that point, your options are to either match me with your own cruisers, or go ghosts and Lockdown the cruisers (or maaaaaybe stimmed marines with Medivacs).

The basics thing about the tech tree is, don't climb too high (or out on a limb) too quickly. While you may get advantages from having more powerful/specialized units, you also will not have basic units to defend your own base or scout for your opponents main base+expansions. From that picture, the further down you get in the middle, is "climbing." I know that's counter-intuitive; the older tech trees were laid out in a way that went from bottom to top and fanned out like an actual tree, but you get the idea.

Anyway, you basically want to ensure that you have a standing army to defend/attack at a moment's notice. You want to try and upgrade and anticipate your opponent's strategy (is he going air, specialty units, etc) while simultaneously harassing their base/economy so they acquire resources slower than you and have to waste valuable time addressing your attack/fixing their economy while you continue building units/climbing the tree.

Smokey

I feel dirty.

I have 2000+ MS points...and just decided to spend 300 to unlock all the cars in Split Second:lol

It's worth it for the lolz alone when I play online.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Do you mean playing alone online because no one else bought it? :p

i played for a couple hours (and not with the same people the entire time) and there was always a full room.

couldn't care less if there was only 10 people online, as long as I got to race against other humans it's all good.

BigAT said:
Still better than paying $5 for a yellow name...

yah i have one of these too:lol

daw840

Wellington said:

I was having the same problem. Then I just climbed up onto the roof and shot him through the window in the back of the head.........so sexy

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
I was having the same problem. Then I just climbed up onto the roof and shot him through the window in the back of the head.........so sexy
:lol!

At one point I got frustrated and tried to shoot him from the ground outside... ended up head-shotting the woman. :( Nice work on climbing :lol

LiveWire

Wellington said:
:lol!

At one point I got frustrated and tried to shoot him from the ground outside... ended up head-shotting the woman. :( Nice work on climbing :lol

Don't feel bad. The first time I did that mission, I managed to head shot the guy holding her hostage on a snap reaction without using Dead Eye.

Then, upon arriving back in town, I see a john pull a knife on a whore outside the saloon. I turn on Dead Eye, drag the reticule over his knife....and accidentally over her head as well. BAM BAM! Then the Marshalls appear out of nowhere and waste me--before I had a chance to save. Had to do it all over again. :lol

:(

Somnia

CB3 said:
whenever this last game wants to get done would be great.

It'll be done when Pete is free, I was out of town due to work till today. I'm good to go now whenever he is.

Pete I'm on AIM (Somnia1982) just shoot me an AIM when you can play man.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Don't feel bad. The first time I did that mission, I managed to head shot the guy holding her hostage on a snap reaction without using Dead Eye.

Then, upon arriving back in town, I see a john pull a knife on a whore outside the saloon. I turn on Dead Eye, drag the reticule over his knife....and accidentally over her head as well. BAM BAM! Then the Marshalls appear out of nowhere and waste me--before I had a chance to save. Had to do it all over again. :lol

:(
:lol

Rorschach

Somnia said:
It'll be done when Pete is free, I was out of town due to work till today. I'm good to go now whenever he is.

Pete I'm on AIM (Somnia1982) just shoot me an AIM when you can play man.
He posted earlier:

peterb0y said:
play sometime later tonight? say 10ish est? I'll confirm in a pm later

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm back bro's. Fios is pretty sweet.... for internet!
Did you line up DirecTV yet?

My dad has it at his house, and I was too young when they installed it, but do they do anything to protect your roof? How do they attach?

Wellington said:
Did you line up DirecTV yet?

My dad has it at his house, and I was too young when they installed it, but do they do anything to protect your roof? How do they attach?

i haven't ordered directv yet, waiting till about august. there is already a directv dish on the roof from the previous owner though.

not sure how its attached though. i know the last time i had directv when i lived in a condo in studio city it was on the roof as well and was attached to the roof and basically bolted down

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i haven't ordered directv yet, waiting till about august. there is already a directv dish on the roof from the previous owner though.

not sure how its attached though. i know the last time i had directv when i lived in a condo in studio city it was on the roof as well and was attached to the roof and basically bolted down
Yeah that is what I am worried about. I have to re-do my roof soon anyway but I'd rather not have to ask the roofer to flash over the base of the dish.

BTW, I don't think anyone said it here yet....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENOG!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Damn buddy! Did you buy a house?

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
helllllllllllllllls yeah! </charlie>

You must be big ballin it over there at that insurance gig! Congrats!

I bet mine was way cheaper and way bigger! Should have moved to the midwest!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:

Don't start that shit here please! :D :lol

daw840 said:

saved my money for quite sometime my friend!

but yes you are right, i could probably have a mansion in the midwest for less :(

on the plus side i can wear a miniskirt any day of the year because of the great weather!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

saved my money for quite sometime my friend!

but yes you are right, i could probably have a mansion in the midwest for less :(

on the plus side i can wear a miniskirt any day of the year because of the great weather!

Oh, it's alright buddy. I really want to just transplant my house to Malibu. That would be sweet.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright bros, hopping on RDR. Be warned I am on a mission to kill the vodka in my fridge, so the later we get on multi, the more friendly fire you should expect.

DMczaf

Fucking bullshit. Just found out the house my sister bought only gets 5MB Internet right now until they upgrade this summer.

Good news is that they are going to 25MB-50MB!

daw840

DMczaf said:
Fucking bullshit. Just found out the house my sister bought only gets 5MB Internet right now until they upgrade this summer.

Good news is that they are going to 25MB-50MB!

Holy shit man. How do you even get such speeds?!?

This is what I am getting right now, and I have Roadrunner with fucking turbo boost.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Holy shit man. How do you even get such speeds?!?

This is what I am getting right now, and I have Roadrunner with fucking turbo boost.

my EVO 4G next week will get better speeds than that

i'm sorry

lol

feels good mayne

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
my EVO 4G next week will get better speeds than that

i'm sorry

lol
lol i just did a speed test on my incredible and it just hit 8 and change with a better upload than my lap top haha.

DCX

daw840

Ugh.....please tell me how to help this. Granted it's on my laptop with WiFi, not a wired connection, but I spent a LOT of money on my Linksys G router and it should be fucking better than this shit

Smokey

daw840 said:
Ugh.....please tell me how to help this. Granted it's on my laptop with WiFi, not a wired connection, but I spent a LOT of money on my Linksys G router and it should be fucking better than this shit

DIR-655_front.png

do it and don't look back

Mrbob

daw840 said:
I have. I have the top level of Roadrunner available........

Curiosity, how old is your cable modem? This could be limiting your speed.

I used to be stuck on 10mb download, 128Kb upload before I bought my new cable modem about two months ago.

Top Bottom