• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Ugh.....please tell me how to help this. Granted it's on my laptop with WiFi, not a wired connection, but I spent a LOT of money on my Linksys G router and it should be fucking better than this shit

daw840 said:
Granted it's on my laptop with WiFi, not a wired connection, but I spent a LOT of money on my Linksys G router

daw840 said:
but I spent a LOT of money on my Linksys G router

daw840 said:
Linksys G router

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wirelessfaqs/f/howfastis80211g.htm

Why Is My 802.11g Network Running Slower Than 54 Mbps?
Neither 54 Mbps or 108 Mbps numbers fully represents the true speed a person will experience on an 802.11g network. First, 54 Mbps represents a theoretical maximum only. It includes a significant overhead from network protocol data that Wi-Fi connections must exchange for security and reliability purposes. The actual useful data exchanged on 802.11g networks will always occur at lower rates than 54 Mbps.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Ugh.....please tell me how to help this. Granted it's on my laptop with WiFi, not a wired connection, but I spent a LOT of money on my Linksys G router and it should be fucking better than this shit

DIR-655_front.png

do it and don't look back

linksys is horseshit. really.

daw840

Mrbob said:
Curiosity, how old is your cable modem? This could be limiting your speed.

I used to be stuck on 10mb download, 128Kb upload before I bought my new cable modem about two months ago.

Hmm. I really don't know. It is what they installed. I have a cable modem with a battery backup. My home phone line is hooked into it too. The internet signal goes from there to my linksys G router.

Mrbob

He can go a lot faster than what he has with G. 54MBPS is fast. I'm not even hitting half that yet with my G router, and I'm running wireless on the PC. My speedtest number shown about 20MBPS, which is 4 times faster than what he has. Still has plenty of breathing room.

Hmm. I really don't know. It is what they installed. I have a cable modem with a battery backup. My home phone line is hooked into it too. The internet signal goes from there to my linksys G router.

Check it out...call them to see if yours is outdated and you can get a new one. The modem is what gives you the true speed of your internet signal, processes it out to your router and then to the PC.

Smokey

daw840 said:
What is this and how much does it cost.

DLINK 655 @ Amazon.

It's $90 over there, I got it when it was more expensive.

If you want quality you got to spend a little. I've never had to configure this thing for anything, and my speeds improved GREATLY after I dumped the POS Linksys and Netgear.

I can count the number of drops I've had with this router since I've had it: 2

daw840

Smokey said:
DLINK 655 @ Amazon.

It's $90 over there, I got it when it was more expensive.

If you want quality you got to spend a little. I've never had to configure this thing for anything, and my speeds improved GREATLY after I dumped the POS Linksys and Netgear,

Wow....I spent 130 on the Linksys

The nerds at Micro Center told me this was the pimpness.. :(

Mrbob

Yeah I run a Dlink gaming router too...I have a G model though. I got it at newegg about a year and a half ago when it was 50 bucks...got it for a cheap price and a steal.

D:

In GAF nerds you must trust.

Smokey said:
wait..aren't you supposed to be on FIOS?

if so you're getting screwed with those speeds brah

it is FIOS. they gave me the option of 15mb package, or 30 and 50 or something. why the fuck do i need 30 mb/sec dl? rather pocket the cash brosef!

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
What is this and how much does it cost.
one of the top of the line dlink n routers i believe. i got the gamers lounge version which re routes bandwidth to gaming devices when the gaming device is being used. i have wireless n. i used to get 5-6 on the old linksys g with old modem.

i get 15-20 on the laptop...about 20-25 on the desktop with the new router and new modem. i have rr turbo as well.

DCX

Somnia

Pete PM'd me. Trying to play as soon as possible. I am tired as hell (less than 2 hours of sleep) and feel like shit...the sooner the better I told him.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Wow....I spent 130 on the Linksys

And your Linksys router is a G router. That DLink I have and linked to is a N router. In other words...you got:

Hustled200.jpg

PBY

Banned
Somnia said:
GG Petey. Your players just did not want to hold onto the ball =/
lol, I just blame the RAIN IN THE DAMN DOME; that seriously fucked with my head. Anyways, gg, even though it was a total spanking

LiveWire

Smokey said:
my EVO 4G next week will get better speeds than that

i'm sorry

lol

feels good mayne

feels good may--what the fuck how are you getting that download speed!?

Oh well my upload crushes yours, which means I will be headshotting and teabagging you all the more often in Halo.

DCX

DCX
gg lone. i just couldnt stop the pass...smh. i tried all types of ds..i tried zones..i tried combos..mans..wow. even orton got in on the train. keys to the game...ff that i had and somehow you power matted my ass to recovering it..and bs roughing the passer on a third down.

i also love how my d becomes almighty at the end that cost me time on my drive..ugh..that last pass was there..just ugh. gg best wishes the rest of the way.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
gg lone. i just couldnt stop the pass...smh. i tried all types of ds..i tried zones..i tried combos..mans..wow. even orton got in on the train. keys to the game...ff that i had and somehow you power matted my ass to recovering it..and bs roughing the passer on a third down.

i also love how my d becomes almighty at the end that cost me time on my drive..ugh..that last pass was there..just ugh. gg best wishes the rest of the way.

DCX

It wasn't a BS roughing the passer, you were late hit muuuuurdering my QB's :lol

You actually got both Cassell and Tribow out, back to back. Went 2 for 2 with a TD with THE ORTON.

I continue to not be able to run well :/

Sucks that Ryan got 5 TD passes, and I never got 1 of the 4 or 5 INT's my guy's dropped at the end :/

I'd say the real key to the game, was time management strategery on my part. Going into halftime, and that go ahead TD at the end of the game. Not really doing that on purpose, but 2 FB dives stopped short of the goalline, causing you to call TimeOuts, only for me to score on the next play, really helped. You had like 55 seconds to score a TD, with no TO's.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF at Smokey's download speed...

Good thing I hardly ever upload anything :\

826305053.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Crow's connection strikes again!

Atleast i was losing this time and not up 35-7 or something like the first time we played seasons ago

Edit: Might not of been crow. I dont remember if he had the Bronco's since the start

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol @ Livewire's first half schedule.

Crow
Rors
Bob
Bye
Me
Rams
BigAT
CB3

Has to be the toughest first 8 weeks in the league (forget Bye and CPU Rams).

Somnia

Bleh dropped us near the end of the 2nd in what I think was going to be a close game!

bleh I lost a 74 yard run with Felix in the drop and the first play of the new game he gets a 76 yard run with stewart :lol

Top Bottom