• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob: Enjoy it while you can homeboy. We know who will come out ahead in this battle.
Somnia said:
Bleh dropped us near the end of the 2nd in what I think was going to be a close game!

bleh I lost a 74 yard run with Felix in the drop and the first play of the new game he gets a 76 yard run with stewart :lol
:D

Rorschach said:
I'll fill in for all of them!

good, we'll be quite familiar with ourselves once superbowl time rolls around

Dora-boots-monkey-high-five.jpg

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw i am requesting fill-ins on all my remaining CPU games. its so fucking boring playing the CPU

p.s. and i don't care who fills in!

Lol your whole schedule is full of cpu teams about time you play a real opponent.

daw840

Ugh, nano blitz (not intentional) to kill my 2nd half opening drive basically killed my chances of winning that game.

Has anyone ever successfully made an onside kick? Every time I do it, it IMMEDIATELY goes to the other team. No bouncing around or anything, right off the foot to a receiving player.

Somnia

daw840 said:
Ugh, nano blitz (not intentional) to kill my 2nd half opening drive basically killed my chances of winning that game.

Has anyone ever successfully made an onside kick? Every time I do it, it IMMEDIATELY goes to the other team. No bouncing around or anything, right off the foot to a receiving player.

We had 2 non-intentional nano blitzs in our game. Also I've only ever once recovered an onside kick.

daw840

Somnia said:
We had 2 non-intentional nano blitzs in our game. Also I've only ever once recovered an onside kick.

That and Ryan Grants bullshit hop skip jump spin skip jump skip fall down for 10 yards into the endzone........

BigAT

GG Daw. Despite the fact that I've probably taken advantage of it more than anyone, I wonder if they'll do anything to fix kicking next year.

I was able to boot a 63 yarder fairly easily as well as a 58 yarder...into the wind.

daw840

BigAT said:
GG Daw. Despite the fact that I've probably taken advantage of it more than anyone, I wonder if they'll do anything to fix kicking next year.

I was able to boot a 63 yarder fairly easily as well as a 58 yarder...into the wind.

Yeah, that was..........cheesy.

Not that I expected to win that game, but c'mon. 58 and 63 yarder with NO problems whatsoever.

BigAT

daw840 said:

Not that I expected to win that game, but c'mon. 58 and 63 yarder with NO problems whatsoever.
5bd09h.jpg

Also a 50 yard FG that I forgot about because it seemed so comparatively unimpressive.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2dccwog.jpg

To finally happen for me instead of against me. My guys came to hit today

Why do i have 6 away games in the first 7, including 5 straight :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:

My percentage is pretty good on recovering them. There's a weird trick to it.

Mrbob

daw840 said:

I think Crosby is my most hated player in this league. If I knew of a guaranteed method of roughing the kicker penalty I'd do it every time to try and injure him. Worth the 15 yard penalty!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Live

My S play is improving big time this is great! However the game is not crediting me with all of my tackles. Getting good against the run now.

Somnia

So I finally get a couple wins and get myself back into it and then realize after my bye week I play smokey, then rors, then bob and then CK...yay?

Rorschach

Wellington said:
GG Live

My S play is improving big time this is great! However the game is not crediting me with all of my tackles. Getting good against the run now.
Cool seeing you transition. :)

I wonder if you'll start to suck at DL play like I do now. :lol :(

LiveWire

Wellington said:
GG Live

gg. I think you're a better defense when you play the line tbh. Portis got way more ypc this time than the last time we met.

Mrbob

Somnia said:
So I finally get a couple wins and get myself back into it and then realize after my bye week I play smokey, then rors, then bob and then CK...yay?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll coast to an easy victory against me.

eeyore_rain.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
gg. I think you're a better defense when you play the line tbh. Portis got way more ypc this time than the last time we met.
Yeah, I agree with you. Problem is my safeties are both highly rated, whereas aside from Tuck no one on the DL is a really good player. I would really prefer to play LB but I can't because it would give away who I am blitzing when I switch.

BigAT

Mrbob said:
I think Crosby is my most hated player in this league. If I knew of a guaranteed method of roughing the kicker penalty I'd do it every time to try and injure him. Worth the 15 yard penalty!
2copq1u.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is it just me or is everyone playing better D this year? Unless there's a lot of turnovers on one side, it seems as if the games are pretty low scoring (AI games aside). I allowed 31 to Daw but I also threw three picks and lost a fumble in that one. Seems like passing numbers are down aside from Lone/Luke (And they've each had a number of AI games).

Lions guy has the top rushing attack in the league by YPC. Is Davion Kelly up to the challenge!? The answer is a resounding:

3405.png

"Maybe!"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Is it just me or is everyone playing better D this year? Unless there's a lot of turnovers on one side, it seems as if the games are pretty low scoring (AI games aside). I allowed 31 to Daw but I also threw three picks and lost a fumble in that one. Seems like passing numbers are down aside from Lone/Luke (And they've each had a number of AI games).

Lions guy has the top rushing attack in the league by YPC. Is Davion Kelly up to the challenge!? The answer is a resounding:

3405.png

"Maybe!"

Hey, check out the amount of times I've ran the ball for piddly winks!

I don't know if my Defense IS that much improved. I mean, When looking at it, DCX almost could do whatever he wanted at will. I'd say he didn't run the ball enough.

I only won because of time management, and luck of stopping him on 1 drive, forcing a punt. After that and my score, I could play against the deep ball pass, knowing it's coming.

Also, while it's early, I think I might like Cassell a little more than Brady. Sure, some of his intermediate passes don't lead the WR's as much as Brady, and he can WAY overthrow WR's deep, but because of his inaccuracy on his deep throws, he's throwing further ahead of my WR's. Bellow's can use his speed advantage more than I could with Brady. Brady was a little "too" accurate, and would throw closer to the current position of the WR, causing more of a jump ball situation, instead of an "in Stride" situation.

Also, he feels a little faster, and I'd say his throwing animation is faster.

My Team QB Rating is something like 146

Rorschach

Wellington said:

3405.png

"Maybe!"
I'm playing the worse defense. :\

Wellington said:
Lions guy has the top rushing attack in the league by YPC.

While i accept the fact that my running game is what propels my victories (all 2), The numbers are kind of inflated. I had 2 60 plus yard runs against the robo-steelers with just kevin smith (and a 50 yarder with aaron brown). You let Matt Stafford loose with my all star receiving core :)lol ), and i'm just another guy who abuses sim football

Nightz said:
Yeah I sent you a message on AIM and you signed off right after. :lol I should be home earlier today.

guh, i blew it. I'm out of work at 8 EST, so just let me know when works

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Three games left and it looks like nightz/goldlion are playing tonight. Sup with Rors/Smokey, Dm/Denog and Peterbro/AI?

Denog mentioned he had a baseball game to pitch tonight in the quickly failing MLB League thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
Oh yeah, through 4 games: Slaton 6 Carries 15 yards 2 Fumbles
:lol

Lonestar

Matrix said:

Oh yeah, meant to bring it up. I wonder what DCX thought I was doing, when the game is tied, I'm driving for the eventual game winning TD, but also running down the clock, and I call a Time Out out of nowhere. Any other time, no one would take a Time Out here.

I took a Timeout, because Taylor was exhausted, and I see Slaton lined up behind the QB. I called the Timeout, so Taylor would get back in the game :D

Rorschach

Smokey: When do you want to get our game in?

Wellington said:
Three games left and it looks like nightz/goldlion are playing tonight. Sup with Rors/Smokey, Dm/Denog and Peterbro/AI?
I haven't seen Smokey on at the times I've been on so I guess our schedules have been incompatible. I've been reluctant to schedule something because the last few days have been unpredictable, so I haven't contacted Smokey.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Oh yeah, meant to bring it up. I wonder what DCX thought I was doing, when the game is tied, I'm driving for the eventual game winning TD, but also running down the clock, and I call a Time Out out of nowhere. Any other time, no one would take a Time Out here.

I took a Timeout, because Taylor was exhausted, and I see Slaton lined up behind the QB. I called the Timeout, so Taylor would get back in the game :D
You need a #3 RB. :lol

Also, I'd take Slaton!

Lonestar

Wellington said:
You need a #3 RB. :lol

Also, I'd take Slaton!

I actually do, and I probably should put him in 2nd. But Slaton does ok as a pass catching HB. He does alright as a running RB too, it's the fumbles. They just happen. If he get's hitsticked, it's coming out. And since that's all DCX was doing against me (Tribow was injured 3 or 4 times, Cassell Once), I wasn't going to risk that!

My 3rd RB is Khiary Jenkins. He's got some good numbers.

83 OVR
94 SPD
95 AGI
98 ACC
87 TRK
83 ELU
87 CAR
78 CTH

Hell, he's got 52 Run Blocking, would make a "meh" FB!

I probably need to get a better FB than McKie. 67 speed, 65 RBK, but 88 Impact Blocking. Just seems to be too slow up the field to engage the LB's, which seems to be my problem, because I get hit too many times right after handoff.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Smokey: When do you want to get our game in?

I haven't seen Smokey on at the times I've been on so I guess our schedules have been incompatible. I've been reluctant to schedule something because the last few days have been unpredictable, so I haven't contacted Smokey.

I believe Smokey started his internship this week.

Top Bottom