• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Not for nothing..but Strawsburger and Christ Harper is a nice way to turn a franchise around...

DCX
Stras will be a Yankee in two years when he is up for arbitration

Bryce is just a matter of time.

Smokey

The Asstros need to play that game and suck royal ass for 4-5 yrs to turn this pathetic sinking shit of a franchise around. They've sucked but they need to suck harder, and no I don't care how homo that sounds.

Birdman02

Wellington said:
Stras will be a Yankee in two years when he is up for arbitration

Bryce is just a matter of time.

Didn't Washington delay his arbitration eligibility (and save themselves a few million dollars) for a couple of years by keeping him in the minors until June? You'll have to wait 'til 2014 at least, right?

It's tough being a Rangers' fan...knowing we'll never get a big time free agent. :( At least, we have a chance at the division this year!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
Didn't Washington delay his arbitration eligibility (and save themselves a few million dollars) for a couple of years by keeping him in the minors until June? You'll have to wait 'til 2014 at least, right?

It's tough being a Rangers' fan...knowing we'll never get a big time free agent. :( At least, we have a chance at the division this year!!
Josh "Never met a drug I don't like" Hamilton was a number one pick I thought...?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
tkvw3.jpg

Bogep.jpg

CYr74.jpg

Birdman02

Wellington said:
Josh "Never met a drug I don't like" Hamilton was a number one pick I thought...?

I think he was, but we got him in a trade. We gave up Edison Volquez (sp?), who was one of our top pitching prospects at the time.

I guess you could count Vlad Guerrero as a big name free agent, but most people thought he was done after last year.

Is that really Livewire??

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That's definitely wrong. We've talked about it, addressed it. He's remorseful and all that. I do understand the lure of the maple bars.
”
-- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll

quote of the year

DMczaf

NCAA 11 Online Dynasty is no joke

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...l-11-takes-dynasty-web?readmore=fullstory&654

Video highlights of a player's entire career? Team highlights that extend to 60 seasons? That's only just the beginning.

Full Recruiting Tools on the website

But one of the biggest things is that you can do all of your recruiting on the Web. Everything you can do to recruit players in the game is now online. You can search for players, look through all their details, check their ratings, add them to your board, move them around your board, and even make phone calls. Basically, you never have to do recruiting on the console again if you don't want to. We took everything and moved it online, and actually some things are actually easier to do now. Moving guys around on your board is really easy now because it's all drag and drop. You can click on any of your players and see all of their information instantly, which makes comparing players easier than it is on the console. And then with the phone calls, you can do everything from offering scholarships to scheduling visits. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every piece of the console recruiting is now online. Recruiting is in two spots now and you can do it wherever you want.

Another thing we added this year is e-mail alerts. You can sign up for e-mail alerts and you'll be notified every time you get a dynasty invite or your dynasty advances. If a game is played, you'll get an e-mail with a recap of what happened. If you're the last in your group to play a game for that week, you'll get an e-mail to prod you to play your game. And if you're the commissioner and everyone is done, you'll get an e-mail to let you know that you can advance the season. Now you can be as into your dynasty and as connected to your dynasty as you want to be because it's always a touch away. Anywhere you can get an Internet connection, including smart phones, you can access your dynasty. And while we won't have a native app for the iPhone, you just go through the dynasty.easports.com URL on a browser and you have full access.

Dynasty Wire is essentially a hub for all stories that are happening in your dynasty. To us, this is one thing that really helps give dynasty a life of its own and helps blur that line between fantasy and reality. When you're in a dynasty and you're heavily invested in a dynasty, the ones that last the longest and are the most fun to be in are the ones where we're all communicating with each other. It's the dynasty where once that game gets done, we're sending e-mails talking about how I just beat you to everyone else in the dynasty, and by the way, here are some highlights to back it up. But this was all legwork that you had to do on your own before. You had to manually do all this. You had to save all of your highlights and manually upload them on your own. You had to compose the e-mail.

Now, we're doing all of that for you. With Dynasty Wire, it's a collection of all of these stories that have happened in your dynasty. So every game that gets played by a user, you have five photos that automatically get uploaded by the game as well as all of the stats for the game including player stats, team stats, and the scoring summary. All of this gets uploaded and a story gets created about that game. You can then go in and not only edit the story however you want, you can add addition photos as well as up to five videos. Those will all be uploaded to the game as well so when somebody wants to see what happened in the game, they can view all the stats, they can check out the photos, and even watch the highlights of the game you just played. Then on the Website, you can go in and edit the headline, the captions, and the body so you can tell your side of the story. And that's really where the meat of this is. Now you have the ability to basically go in and play the role of journalist for your dynasty and talk about everything that happened.

And this is now available for everyone to see, both on the Web and on the console. Every member of the dynasty can them comment on the story. So you will have these long discussions going back and forth and it's a great way for everyone to be in constant communication.

And when the week advances, there's also a week advance story that gets created at the start of every new week that tells you who won last week, who is playing this week, and any prospects who have committed, whether they commit to your school or to another school. Say I was going after the number one quarterback in the nation and I'm playing as Alabama, but that kid signs with Tennessee who is not any of the user controlled teams. Now, that story will say he signed with Tennessee, so I will finally know what happened to that kid now that he's no longer on my board.

Another thing this does is create a history for your dynasty. You can see where you were at through every single week. You can see the results of every single game and see who won. You have a full archive. If you're in year ten, you can go back to year two and read through your old stories. I can't think of another game that has done this. You get to play the role of journalist and it keeps track the entire length you're playing.

vg_ncaaweb_4_576.jpg

vg_ncaaweb_6_576.jpg

vg_ncaaweb_1_576.jpg

vg_ncaaweb_5_576.jpg

Rorschach

Another thing this does is create a history for your dynasty. You can see where you were at through every single week. You can see the results of every single game and see who won. You have a full archive. If you're in year ten, you can go back to year two and read through your old stories. I can't think of another game that has done this. You get to play the role of journalist and it keeps track the entire length you're playing.

Must ... not ... fall ... for... trap!

TheCrow

Is there still a 12 player limit to online dynasty? I don't want to do it but I'll join in on NCAA 11 depending on how many participate.

GCQ you ready!?

bball is off for today.... as i always say, 3's or bust and we could only find 2's :(

fucking softball leagues and the nba finals are killing our bball schedule!

Birdman02

TheCrow said:
Is there still a 12 player limit to online dynasty? I don't want to do it but I'll join in on NCAA 11 depending on how many participate.

I'm pretty sure I heard on one of the 1up podcasts that it was limited to 12 again.

gg gcq. felt like you got screwed twice: once when the first game disconnected (Surprise! it disconnected on what was about to be a cutscene for a close 1st down play), and then the 2nd game was headed down to the wire and then was busted open by the KR TD and taint right after. your run game is really good and your pass D pretty much shut english down. just got bailed out by roscoe again!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Two games left. :-o

Luke/Smokey
Daw/Livewire

Next week features a full slate of 4 human versus human games. :lol

Shouldn't be much longer until this season is done, however we've had a knack for making it until the last day anyway (the weeks, I mean).

PS: If you guys want to hold us up, which I assume you do, last day is Saturday!

Top Bottom