• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

daw I'll be around for the next 10-15 minutes, if you see this I'm online, if not I'll sign out from the league so everyone else can move along.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
We still have to wait for FMT to kick out Luke and for Smokey to play that game....

There's no rush, I guess.

No, it's not that, I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow around noon and won't be back until Sunday night.

DMczaf

282rrd.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i got a text from daw asking if livewire had responded to his post -_-

p.s. and i thought luke had already logged out! i'll go do that now

maybe if you used Mobile AIM like every other person in the world we could get a hold of you! ive been waiting for you to pop up on AIM for like 3 days now.

CB3 said:
maybe if you used Mobile AIM like every other person in the world we could get a hold of you! ive been waiting for you to pop up on AIM for like 3 days now.

blame verizon! my droid incredible doesn't ship until june 22nd because of some screen delay or something. not my fault!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
blame verizon! my droid incredible doesn't ship until june 22nd because of some screen delay or something. not my fault!

or you could have your IM's forwarded as a text message. Which when brought up (is this the 4th or 5th time we've told you to do this?) you conveniently ignore!

CB3 said:
or you could have your IM's forwarded as a text message. Which when brought up (is this the 4th or 5th time we've told you to do this?) you conveniently ignore!

dont worry ill have the droid soon.

p.s. luke booted, last game is chargers vs. colts! (vikes vs. skins was played!)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
All I know is us iPhone dudes don't have problems.

When do you want to play Somnia? Only time I should be unavailable this weekend is during USA/ENG and Sunday morning to mid-afternoon. This is your last chance to beat me in league play in Madden 10!

daw840

That was a good game last night Live. Sorry for the AIM that I never responded to. I was a little drunk and your last drive pissed my drunken ass off. Such bullcrap.:lol

LiveWire

daw840 said:
That was a good game last night Live. Sorry for the AIM that I never responded to. I was a little drunk and your last drive pissed my drunken ass off. Such bullcrap.:lol

gg daw. No worries. Thomas had the steps over the CB but I figured the safety would easily make the pick, but for once, Thomas came back to the ball and fought for possession. Can't be disappointed with your defense though, holy crap. 7 FGs by Papa John. My only TD was a broken run play with Portis.

Somnia

Wellington said:
All I know is us iPhone dudes don't have problems.

When do you want to play Somnia? Only time I should be unavailable this weekend is during USA/ENG and Sunday morning to mid-afternoon. This is your last chance to beat me in league play in Madden 10!
I'm free 11pm cst on Saturday (anytime 11pm on), anytime Sunday-Tuesday other than the E3 press conferences :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just found out that DirecTV has increased the NFL Sunday Ticket to $300, but the HD SuperFan features are now included. Decisions, decisions. Should I renew and see ALL the Jets and Falcons games, or just go with the network games here in Panther-ville? Eh, that is a no-brainer. Remewed. :lol

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
I just found out that DirecTV has increased the NFL Sunday Ticket to $300, but the HD SuperFan features are now included. Decisions, decisions. Should I renew and see ALL the Jets and Falcons games, or just go with the network games here in Panther-ville? Eh, that is a no-brainer. Remewed. :lol
woah..Falcon games? i always thought you were a die hard Jets fan. i did the early bird special so i wonder how that will affect me.

dcx

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:

WTF is SuperFan?

Did DirecTV get RedZone? I would think that would be a good (cheaper) alternative.

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
woah..Falcon games? i always thought you were a die hard Jets fan. i did the early bird special so i wonder how that will affect me.

dcx
I grew up in Georgia and South Carolina as a boy. I will always be a Braves, Hawks, and Falcons fan. I moved to New England when I was 8 and all we saw were the Jets and Giants. I played peewee football on the "Jets" and it just stuck. But yeah, I was a fan of Steve Bartkowski, William Andrews, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. Plus, as someone who played defense, I LOVED the way the Falcons secondary would crush people. They showed up on NFL Crunch Course videos quite a bit.

dskillzhtown said:
WTF is SuperFan?

Did DirecTV get RedZone? I would think that would be a good (cheaper) alternative.
It is essentially HD access with some bells and whistles for computer viewing and stat tracking.

Nightz

You guys are gonna love this!

Madden 11 Does Little to Improve Franchise and Online Franchise Modes
by pastapadre
Posted June 11th, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Through a blog EA Sports has stated that the career modes including Franchise, Online Franchise, and Superstar are due for complete re-writes but that will not be coming in Madden 11. The modes will largely be unchanged from last year. Franchise mode has some minor tweaks but Online Franchise and Superstar won’t see much if any improvements from Madden 10.

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site.

Last year at this time Online Franchise was introduced and though it was lacking in some areas (no salary cap or free agency process, no CPU trade logic, no “Extra Point”) we were told that the mode could actually be improved and added on throughout the year. Nothing was ever done with it and now it seems as though it has become an afterthought.

I noted this in my write-up regarding the online scouting aspect of Madden 11 how its exclusion from Online Franchise could be an indication that EA doesn’t find the mode to be important. That suspicion has now been confirmed as those things, which are expectations to having a comprehensive Online Franchise mode, are not being included even a year later. No salary cap, method to free agency, CPU trade logic, or presentation additions.

The development of the GameFlow feature appears to have largely sapped development time from other areas of the game. The 3v3 Online Team Play is the only other significant addition to the game. Areas of improvement known so far include the commentary with Gus Johnson and gameplay with advanced locomotion.

While I appreciate the upfront manner in which this information has been dispersed it remains extremely disappointing. How do you feel about the news that Franchise mode has been largely ignored and Online Franchise has not been worked on at all? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Hopefully the new draft classes make it into online franchise at least. =\

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/1...-improve-franchise-and-online-franchise-modes

Here's the actual blog from EA

E3 Feature Announcement and Career Modes Update
by Phil Frazier 06/11/10 1:50 PM

The Madden team couldn’t be happier with how the community and press have responded to the features we’ve announced for Madden NFL 11 so far. GameFlow, Game Planning, Locomotion, Dual Stick Control, improved offensive line play and blocking, the addition of Gus Johnson- everything we’ve done to the game was to make Madden NFL 11 more authentic, more responsive, and deeper than ever before. So, thanks to all of you who have helped validate this direction and continued to show your support for the franchise. We’re all getting ready for E3 and are looking forward to announcing yet another major feature- this time for online. So, tune into GTTV’s E3 All Access Special on Spike, tonight June 11th, at 11:00 PM EST, hosted by Geoff Keighley and Supermodel Marisa Miller to get the inside scoop.

In the meantime, we’d like to address some areas of the game that we know are hot on many of your radars, specifically the Franchise and SuperStar modes. Last year we delivered Online Franchise and while it was received very well by community and press, the usage was among the lowest for any of our gameplay modes. What this said to us was that Franchise mode as whole needed more than just a new access point, it needed a complete refresh. As most of you know, Franchise mode debuted in Madden NFL 99 on PlayStation, and since then, we’ve been adding on layers and layers of code each year to make it the most authentic experience possible. As console technology has evolved, it’s become increasingly more difficult to evolve the mode in-kind, since we are handcuffed by the limitations of the code from so many years in the past. To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be.

We feel great about where we’ve taken the foundation of Madden NFL and are ready to refocus on building Franchise and SuperStar from the ground up. We have already assembled a team fully dedicated on setting the vision for what Franchise and SuperStar modes can and should be in the future. Since we are starting with a clean canvas heading into Madden NFL 12, we want the community to help us shape our direction- starting NOW. Let us know what you’d like to see in Madden career modes in the future. We’re not just looking for small add-ons either. We want your big ideas. What would revolutionize career modes in your opinion?

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=E3featureAndUpdate

Striker

Not even trading draft picks? Drafts will be still be fucked for guys who can't make it, and FA will still be semi-borked for those who have the bottom teams, unless your name is Rors or LJ.

Gameplay won't be a big problem as long as Fantasy backs aren't as expanded.

BigAT

Thank god, I was worried that the season 4 Super Bowl wouldn't be played in the correct location...

Seriously, what the hell is this shit? Online Franchise is still such a gimped version of offline franchise, which could use a lot of improvement itself. Were people really clamoring for 3 on 3 online play? Scrap that fluffy, extraneous bullshit and actually fix online franchise.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
But hey, they've got Gus Johnson!

Too bad you guy's aren't ballsy enough to skip on this years Madden, thereby forcing the rest of us to follow suit and buy another year's version of last years game!

Wellington said:
That's what he is trying to avoid!

I was the first to step up to the plate, FMT is following suit. BigAT is a better player than I am too, so it will be tough. :|

I think the games to get a team should be a series, in order to eliminate getting "Madden'ed". I suggest best of 5 or something. It will get complicated if it's more than one guy playing for a team.

Haven't been in this thread in quite some time, but I like this idea.

Anyways the real reason I came here:
http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=E3featureAndUpdate
Edit: Looks like I took to long to write up that post, all sorts of beaten. fucking ea, yea lets add gameflow, game planning, 3v3, etc. but for online franchise all we are doing is making stats better and adding one stadium. Never occurred to them that usage was low cause it was not very well done?

Oh and lone I wasn't ignoring your pm, just forgot about it and the fact that I can't get you player atts since I'm not in the franchise anymore

Lonestar

GERMANS

Well, the only thing that could Save our Madden 11's Franchise, is if the NCAA 11 Draft player file will work, allowing a fresh crop of quality players I will have accumulated in a spectacular NCAA Career.

BigAT

Have they even said if they're going to fix the tiebreakers for next season? I still have yet to see anyone on the Madden team even acknowledge it as a problem, let alone promise that it's something that will be addressed.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Last year we delivered Online Franchise and while it was received very well by community and press, the usage was among the lowest for any of our gameplay modes. What this said to us was that Franchise mode as whole needed more than just a new access point, it needed a complete refresh.

The low use of franchise mode might be a indication of people not really liking it's current form. It could be a result of it being totally borked on PS3 early on. But then again, I think that the online franchise will be the lowest used mode with every edition. It is a bit of a niche mode in reality.

I do understand what they are saying overall. Throwing some duct tape on online franchise and franchise mode in general isn't going to help improve it in the long run. My thought is that they improved the on the field crap, now they can move to fixing the franchise mode, online and off. If it results in a much more robust franchise mode in Madden 12, then I'll be fine with it.

How NCAA's new dynasty additions are received probably will have a big impact on what Madden's online franchise stuff looks like.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I fucking told you they would use that excuse.
my write-up regarding the online scouting aspect of Madden 11 how its exclusion from Online Franchise could be an indication that EA doesn’t find the mode to be important. That suspicion has now been confirmed as those things, which are expectations to having a comprehensive Online Franchise mode, are not being included even a year later. No salary cap, method to free agency, CPU trade logic, or presentation additions.

The development of the GameFlow feature appears to have largely sapped development time from other areas of the game
Fucking knew it. Moist as low thrust-per-step-comboing motherfuckers.

Nightz said:
You guys are gonna love this!

Hopefully the new draft classes make it into online franchise at least. =\
Don't count on it. I think that was meant to indicate an offline franchise feature. We get Head Coach draft classes w00t!

DenogginizerOS

So, if they don't fix progressions, screw this game. I would rather play seasons with updated rosters that are at least somewhat balanced than have to play a repeat of 2010. I wonder how well online dynasty mode in NCAA ranks in popularity amongst owners.

GCQuinton

chrisrock.jpg

"I'm not saying they should have skipped working on it, but I understand."

Sucks on the Madden side of things, but I can believe that most people playing it online necessarily aren't in online franchises and are just playing ranked and quick matches with friends.

Lonestar

Odd thing about this Demo. For the 1st time, there's 8 teams in for it.

And none of them are the reigning national champions.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
The 12 player cap is really killing any hype for me.

I'm thinking of some ways around that but I'll be opening the floor to suggestions in that thread. I definitely wish that cap was higher, but around these parts we've barely made it to 12 and two or three people usually drop after the first year anyway.

Lonestar

GCQuinton said:
I'm thinking of some ways around that but I'll be opening the floor to suggestions in that thread. I definitely wish that cap was higher, but around these parts we've barely made it to 12 and two or three people usually drop after the first year anyway.

Only thing to do. See how many people are interested, and if more than 12 people, decide whether or not to do more than 1 league. If only 13-14 people, then 1 or 2 might just have to do without. If it's 16 on up, split into 2, and go with that.

For people that might leave early, attempt to find a replacement from the other league.

TheCrow

GCQuinton said:
Yeah, but there seems to be more interest from people in this thread. We'll see if the interest lasts.

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
Yeah, but there seems to be more interest from people in this thread. We'll see if the interest lasts.

The big thing. Everybody's excited about it now, but we'll see if it's still there after Madden and into the the fall. History tells me it won't be.

Lonestar

TheCrow said:

Well, the only people I've seen invested in the College Football Topic during the explosion of events (yes guys, just in case you didn't know, The Big 12 is Dyeded, Southern Cal got a Death-ish Sentence from the NCAA, and the teams play 11 on 11), is Dskillz, BigAT, and myself. As long as the game will stay connected, which so far my Router is working, I'm in.

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Well, the only people I've seen invested in the College Football Topic during the explosion of events (yes guys, just in case you didn't know, The Big 12 is Dyeded, Southern Cal got a Death-ish Sentence from the NCAA, and the teams play 11 on 11), is Dskillz, BigAT, and myself. As long as the game will stay connected, which so far my Router is working, I'm in.
:lol I noticed that right after I posted. I'm really just trying to not fall for NCAA and save the money for Rock Band 3.

Somnia

I decided against NCAA...I have enough games I'm buying as is with Madden in the mix I just don't want to invest the time. Though it sounds like NCAA will be the place for online based off this fucking blog...bastards

Top Bottom