• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I'm not. I called it months ago. Are we still allowed to be disappointed? :p
Yes. :(

Well we should start thinking up cap ideas. Rors and I *both* offered to run all the math for a points based system for Madden 10 (meaning no one else would have to do work!) and you guys didn't want it!

Also, I'm not opposed to individual seasons like Nog said.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Yes. :(

Well we should start thinking up cap ideas. Rors and I *both* offered to run all the math for a points based system for Madden 10 (meaning no one else would have to do work!) and you guys didn't want it!

Also, I'm not opposed to individual seasons like Nog said.
I want a franchise and progressions. I do want a salary cut and free agent GAF system. 3-4 max

DCX

Somnia

If we can make something work I say we try it. I don't know exactly what to do if we want to be sim there is no salary cap :lol

Birdman02

Somnia said:
I fear my cap in Dallas =(

I may have to clear some space up...who wants some people?!?!

The Jags will need some major help at WR.
Not that I care because I'll have control of the 49ers! :D

Rorschach

What the fuck? Are you kidding me?! :(

Sigh... I thought we got done with that. Sorry, Bird.

Guess tonight is no go since we'd have to wait for FMT to advance it as well.

Birdman02

I'll be around tomorrow morning watching World Cup if you wanna play before the US game (if Smokey plays his game tonight). If not, we'll probably have to wait until around 10 est or so again tomorrow night.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I probably shouldn't, because they're the Saints, but anyone want to fill in for them? Besides Ror, unless he promises to barely pay attention to what he's doing in game? :D

Crap, should have read a bit more.

I even offered to fill in for the Colts, and Smokey ignored me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
I probably shouldn't, because they're the Saints, but anyone want to fill in for them? Besides Ror, unless he promises to barely pay attention to what he's doing in game? :D

Crap, should have read a bit more.

I even offered to fill in for the Colts, and Smokey ignored me.

get used to it. he only plays pheeknicks as subs

Mrbob

At least the gameplay accurately represents the sport, unlike madden. The bad online leagues for MLB is the only thing which makes the battle close. Once Sony fixes it next season they win by a landslide!

Mrbob

Maybe they can bring superfluous additions like game flow without fixing the core issues people have! Call EA for advice, Sony!

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
Next year guys, we swear! We're hiring the director of Saw to fix it!

I interviewed with the guys who made Saw the video game. Nice dudes.

EA just revealed a 4v4 online co op mode on GTTV. With perk system ala MW2!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Maybe they can bring superfluous additions like game flow without fixing the core issues people have!

Or they can just fix online play so it's not complete ass. Can't believe you coned me into buying into the "Online play is fixed! They swear!" hype, I wasted $60 on it!

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Or they can just fix online play so it's not complete ass. Can't believe you coned me into buying into the "Online play is fixed! They swear!" hype, I wasted $60 on it!

It works fine for me wired up. Oh, and the league tie breakers actually work. And the in game league setup is more detailed than what Madden offers. It is the online part which is worse. They fix this, MLB wins.

BigAT

DMczaf said:
For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with it in a while now and I'm really enjoying my time with it.

LJ11

Wellington said:
You guys are really surpised about this? :lol

Not totally, but I did expect them to address some issues (didn't think they would do anything with salary cap to be honest, especially since it no longer exists!).

When you told me we were basically the only 32 man league that finished a couple of seasons, the writing was on the wall.

It seems like they're really mailing it in this year, even the gameplay I've seen seems all too familiar. I'll reserve judgment, expectations are pretty low to begin with.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
Not totally, but I did expect them to address some issues (didn't think they would do anything with salary cap to be honest, especially since it no longer exists!).

When you told me we were basically the only 32 man league that finished a couple of seasons, the writing was on the wall.

It seems like they're really mailing it in this year, even the gameplay I've seen seems all too familiar. I'll reserve judgment, expectations are pretty low to begin with.

Damn, one of the few? Guess we can thank Sable and his Script, for abling us to have a history we could keep up with, instead of stats stuck on the individual player sheets.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
I interviewed with the guys who made Saw the video game. Nice dudes.

EA just revealed a 4v4 online co op mode on GTTV. With perk system ala MW2!
Son of a bitch! I was wondering when that shit would invade sports games. It already invaded racers.

Anyway, it's 4v4 instead of 3v3? Gonna have to add a guy to the triforce! Dibs on HB and SS!

Nightz

We advanced yet? Nope?

grandpa-simpson.gif

oh come on EA no online franchise improvements? i get that it isn't popular but throw us a fucking bone. AT LEAST give us the ability to trade draft picks, current year and future. also add fucking individual stat tracking! i know your attention is elsewhere, BUT ONE FUCKING GUY FROM OUR LEAGUE CAME UP WITH A PROGRAM TO SHOW STATS THAT ARE ALREADY ON THE FUCKING SITE! one guy! now i don't know sable maybe a super genius but the point is that maybe EA should pay him ten million dollars to be on the payroll and get some shit done.

we have time to come up with a salary cap system, but it kind of goes back to the league daddy philosophy: it is hard enough to get 32 guys to play 2 games a week with no other strings attached. in my opinion it would be very difficult to get people to commit with some type of cap instituted. but i dont know, i suppose its possible.

i guess i shouldn't be mad at tiburon. the online franchise we have is better than nothing. but on the other hand i look at NCAA and say what the fuck madden team?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Damn, one of the few? Guess we can thank Sable and his Script, for abling us to have a history we could keep up with, instead of stats stuck on the individual player sheets.
Yep, one of the few. Think about it, getting a full 32 man league that worked as well as ours is very, very, *very* tough, keeping it largely intact for 4 seasons is damn near impossible. If I had to guess, I'd say there were between four and eight other leagues like ours, tops. So four seasons with 30 guys at least then season 5 with 20 guys, that's pretty crazy. Guaranteed they are learning from us as much as we learned from the game (Fast RBs countered by SuperFast LBs, 3 QBs per draft that evolve to be better than Peyton Manning, etc).

All told, I wouldn't trade this experience I had with you guys for anything. Every emotion, good or bad, was fucking excellent. I just wish everyone would be as open with their findings on the game as I was. Thinking back, our main problems were the ease of exploiting crossing routes, HBs in the flats, and TEs, that should be changed. Whether or not there are any adjustments to the franchise experience, I'd do this shit all over in a heartbeat.

a huge issue wasn't that the offense was overpowered but that the depth of the zones was completely WRONG. this is why the drags routes and slot posts/slants/etc were so effective. you could make the "right" call on defense but it didn't matter due to a combination of poor zone depth, overpowered offensive line play, and qb's who were just too accurate. there should be maybe 2 or 3 INCREDIBLY accurate qb's in the league, but we had something like 7-12+.

and then as bad as the D was on the interior in regards to the zones, it was the exact opposite on the outside. an out pattern over 5 yards is useless because the DB jumps the route everytime. in the real NFL the qb throws the ball before the receiver makes his break and the DB cannot react in time. in this game you throw to where the wr is, not where he will be. they need to bring back the "HOLD L2 + push button" feature from madden 06 or whenever which let you lead the receiver to where he would be. as it is now, comebacks, button hooks, and outs are worthless in the game. and to get over the top on someone you have to have the hat trick combination of great QB + fast WR + single coverage from a non-elite CB. that is the ONLY possible way you are getting over the top. it basically makes everyone in the league play as if they have a noodle arm qb because you have to work the short/intermediate passes.

for christ sake at least give us online sliders EA! let us fix some of the problems ourselves.

Striker

Sub package formations, ability to change a player's position by a simple edit, open up a roster spot by putting a guy on IR, trade draft picks, fix tie-breakers, etc.

:(

I am kind of more pumped for NCAA.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
Two games left. :-o

Luke/Smokey
Daw/Livewire

Next week features a full slate of 4 human versus human games. :lol

Shouldn't be much longer until this season is done, however we've had a knack for making it until the last day anyway (the weeks, I mean).

PS: If you guys want to hold us up, which I assume you do, last day is Saturday!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21737414&postcount=33788

Bam! And we advanced into this week what, late Monday? :D

Smokey

wowwwwww i completely forgot about my game:lol :lol

does anybody want to fill in as colts

CB3 said:
get used to it. he only plays pheeknicks as subs

you shut tha fuck up bitch get on now and fill in now hobag

Top Bottom