• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

Sorry, not going to be able to play tonight. I have been so fucking hungover today and just got back from my in-laws house. I am going to watch the finale of Breaking Bad and go to bed...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, if the kids at Tiburon don't change anything with Madden '11's online franchise, what are the pros and cons of us doing another multiple season franchise versus consecutive single seasons with updated rosters or perhaps updated rosters with a fantasy draft?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Screw Online Franchise!!!

We got BEATS!!!!

Headphones_5F00_resized.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
So, if the kids at Tiburon don't change anything with Madden '11's online franchise, what are the pros and cons of us doing another multiple season franchise versus consecutive single seasons with updated rosters or perhaps updated rosters with a fantasy draft?

One: So very few of us are ok with a Fantasy Draft. People just want to control their teams as they are in real life. Instead of being able to create a team in your image.

Two: What would playing multiple seasons of single seasons do? No Progression, no new players? Would we do trades? FA?

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
One: So very few of us are ok with a Fantasy Draft. People just want to control their teams as they are in real life. Instead of being able to create a team in your image.

Two: What would playing multiple seasons of single seasons do? No Progression, no new players? Would we do trades? FA?
Hour and a half to draft twenty two players with two human drafters. It's crazy long. I'd reboot a franchise after this season but I think people are done with 10.

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
Hour and a half to draft twenty two players with two human drafters. It's crazy long. I'd reboot a franchise after this season but I think people are done with 10.

DCX

It's what weekends are for!

Plus, Draft Pausing!

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:

Progressions are fucked up. If they don't address it, we will have uber backs that are going to benefit even more from the new blocking AI. In addition, without any kind of cap, we will essentially become a fantasy league after season one.

I personally would be fine with normal updated rosters in the first season, play a second season with updated rosters and a fantasy draft OR with updated rosters with a FA draft before we start. A third season could be with another rsoter update. A fourth would be a roster update with an FA draft. I bet with the roster updates, this would yield some unique seasons without drastically altering the balance of the player skills and progressions.

Somnia

Lonestar said:
It's what weekends are for!

Plus, Draft Pausing!

Some of us work weekends, unless we plan it 2 weeks in advance I could take some vacation or personal time :lol

I think the progression (what little there is), drafting and the trades we CAN do make it worth keep playing the same franchise and not restarting. The gameplay changes alone will make it worthwhile to play even if they don't change anything. Plus this entire experience is one I won't forget and the offseason was a big part of it!

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:

DCX
I would play 10 again if we had a season of updated rosters. Been talking about this (and tried it) for quite some time but so many wanted an FA draft from that and I just wanted to play with the Jets as they were at the end of the season.

Lonestar

DCX said:
Can we use custom rosters for an online franchise? If so we can recreate madden 11 with 10.

DCX

Don't think we can. I could never upload an edited team onto online play. It only will let those predetermined created teams "balanced, All Madden, Creampuff, Air it Out" etc etc.

DenogginizerOS said:
Progressions are fucked up. If they don't address it, we will have uber backs that are going to benefit even more from the new blocking AI. In addition, without any kind of cap, we will essentially become a fantasy league after season one.

I personally would be fine with normal updated rosters in the first season, play a second season with updated rosters and a fantasy draft OR with updated rosters with a FA draft before we start. A third season could be with another rsoter update. A fourth would be a roster update with an FA draft. I bet with the roster updates, this would yield some unique seasons without drastically altering the balance of the player skills and progressions.

Even with the updated rosters, EA never throws a bone towards some of the lesser teams in the league. Having to control a shit ass lions team vs. The rest of the NFC north in madden universe would be terrible. Trying to stop Green Bay with our nasty secondary (which will end up being worse in madden than in real life) or having to see julius peppers and jared allen humiliate jeff backus every week would be miserable. I would still play, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun as building a team in my image

TheCrow

We have to go with Madden 11 next season. I can't take another year of Madden 10. I rather have new gameplay issues then the same old. Plus, overall gameplay improvements would make Madden 11 better. At least I hope so. :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
We have to go with Madden 11 next season. I can't take another year of Madden 10. I rather have new gameplay issues then the same old. Plus, overall gameplay improvements would make Madden 11 better. At least I hope so. :|
Yes, Madden 10 and it's flaws are absolutely not an option.

I say we press forward with Madden 11 and it's fucked up franchise, it's not going to be any worse than what we have now, which is more than livable. I understand that everyone wants to do away with the fantasy backs, but I'll be honest with you, I never had a problem against any fantasy back running the ball. The only time they became problems was when they were used extensively in the passing game, which we already know is an issue with the game. Before it's even brought up, I have exactly one fantasy LB that plays and he's only become a starter this year. Before him, I topped out at 85 SPD at LB.

I think the biggest issue would be parity, the bad teams would never get any better, as Goldlion mentioned. There were a number of guys that benefited a lot from having high draft picks and acquiring the right personnel to propel them into the playoffs, the Broncos, Niners, Bengals, Saints - not to mention the guys that have much better teams than what they started with in a lot of respects.

Also, whether there's a cap in the NFL or not (not), I think we should implement our own.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
That would be good and all, but only like 60 people know of this place :lol
There's an option to leave a redirect link on the old forum. Check out the OT and it's redirect for the World Cup thread.

Lonestar

After the Kinecticals show ended, at least GAF is able enough to let us post. That was a goddamn travesty. Couldn't go 3 feet without 500'ing.

dskillzhtown

Not sure if any of you saw this but. ESPN3 on XBL is huge for me.

I used to go to my PC and watch all the college football streams on ESPN360. Having them all on XBL, in HD, on my HDTV will make Saturdays alot better.

Lonestar

dskillzhtown said:
Not sure if any of you saw this but. ESPN3 on XBL is huge for me.

I used to go to my PC and watch all the college football streams on ESPN360. Having them all on XBL, in HD, on my HDTV will make Saturdays alot better.

I kinda saw something on this, through the lag of the stream I had on.

So, is ESPN3 (and all that stuff they showed), is it free with Live Gold?

Isn't ESPN 3 like $30?

TheCrow

Lonestar said:

Isn't ESPN 3 like $30?
Yeah, looks like all of the ESPN stuff is included with Gold.

Lonestar

TheCrow said:
Yeah, looks like all of the ESPN stuff is included with Gold.

That's good.

Sucks that the Arcade got priced down to $149, I think. I had just gotten one to replace a FUCKING RROD.

I pray everyone who buys a 360 Slim has to replace it twice!

Birdman02

Lonestar said:

Isn't ESPN 3 like $30?

I've used it to watch a couple of world cup games, and I haven't had to pay anything.

BigAT

Lonestar said:

Isn't ESPN 3 like $30?
ESPN 3 is free, but your ISP has to pay for it and have it available otherwise you can't access it (even if you wanted to pay for it). I know Cablevision still doesn't have ESPN 3.

dskillzhtown

Lonestar said:

Isn't ESPN 3 like $30?

ESPN3.com is free. The only thing is that you have to be on a cable provider that supports (subsidizes) it.

But ESPN3 will be live with Gold so none of that matters. I will only use it for college football. Hopefully they will have the archive available on XBL as well.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
ESPN 3 is free, but your ISP has to pay for it and have it available otherwise you can't access it (even if you wanted to pay for it). I know Cablevision still doesn't have ESPN 3.

I had looked it up a couple days ago, and it brought up a $29.95 page.

I don't think my cable company has ESPN 360 either.

So what kind of archive does this thing have? All of last season in College Football?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Sonofabitch!!!

Don't know anything about ESPN3, but would it broadcast MNF, PTI, and the 30 for 30 series?

If so I am canceling my cable today (or whenever Cablevision gets it).

dskillzhtown

Lonestar said:
I had looked it up a couple days ago, and it brought up a $29.95 page.

I don't think my cable company has ESPN 360 either.

So what kind of archive does this thing have? All of last season in College Football?

It archives for about 3 months. Atleast ESPN360 did. Not sure how the rebranded ESPN3 is going to handle it, but I would assume it will be the same. Having a 3 month archive was nice for games you missed or when there wasn't crap on TV. Again, that was online, not sure how it works on XBL.

Top Bottom