• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So since we haven't had anything to do since Sunday, has anyone been keeping up with E3? I'm not much of a gamer but some things still interest me.

Did the Team ICO game get announced?

What are the Madden impressions?

Anything new from Rockstar?

Best surprise of the show so far was FFT for iPhone. Man I can't wait for that, FFT was like my fave game ever. Never played the GBA version because I am totally against carrying a separate piece of equipment to play something, but if it's on the phone, which I will carry already, I'm in.

TheCrow

DCX said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-madden-nfl/700146

New Madden Trailer.

I'm excited for the motion stuff, yeah sue me.

Kill Zone 3 looks amazing. Reach of course. The 3Ds is calling to me. A new Silent Hill getting a real next gen treatment is enticing. Kirby and Zelda for the Wii, wow!

Edit: How could i forget Mortal Kombat and MVC3!?!?!?!??!?!?!

DCX
I need it now. I'm hoping Nintendo holds a conference of their own or uses TGS to announce all of the final details and releases the 3DS in November.

BigAT

TheCrow said:
I don't think Rockstar even attended E3.
I'm pretty sure you're right.

I think the Team ICO game (Last Guardian) was already announced at a previous event, but it was not even mentioned in Sony's conference and as far as I know it's not on the floor.

I don't think anything new has come out about Madden. I haven't even seen any impressions. Here's what PastaPadre had to say:
It is just too early for me to make any determinations on how Madden will be received. To me, after the short time with it, I just didn’t find anything terribly compelling about it. This seemed especially to be the case when put right up against NCAA. All things equal I tend to enjoy Madden more because I heavily lean towards the NFL over college football. My gut feeling though after having played both is that I’m going to get more value out of NCAA.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
I'm pretty sure you're right.

I think the Team ICO game (Last Guardian) was already announced at a previous event, but it was not even mentioned in Sony's conference and as far as I know it's not on the floor.

I don't think anything new has come out about Madden. I haven't even seen any impressions. Here's what PastaPadre had to say:
Last Guardian is going to show up at TGS. Yea NCAA is gonna be THE football game of the year :/ Wow...kudos NCAA Team.

DCX

i don't need to see anything else, marvel vs. capcom 3 stole the show already.

oh, and new twisted metal for ps3 fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

AND the new zelda for wii looks sweet! too many games coming out!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't need to see anything else, marvel vs. capcom 3 stole the show already.

oh, and new twisted metal for ps3 fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

AND the new zelda for wii looks sweet! too many games coming out!
This, a million times yes!

DCX

horrible madden trailer. i think tiburon just doesn't get it. maybe i'm wrong but in my opinion they are focusing on the wrong stuff. who gives a FUCK about all this presentation shit? they're too concerned with people whining about how cool 2k's presentation was. presentation is worthless after the first 10 minutes playing. i just want to get down to playing the game, not watching some canned spectator animation or have that lame ass drew brees pre-game thing he does

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
horrible madden trailer. i think tiburon just doesn't get it. maybe i'm wrong but in my opinion they are focusing on the wrong stuff. who gives a FUCK about all this presentation shit? they're too concerned with people whining about how cool 2k's presentation was. presentation is worthless after the first 10 minutes playing. i just want to get down to playing the game, not watching some canned spectator animation or have that lame ass drew brees pre-game thing he does
Is it just me or does it look like the Tampa Bay player picks off the pass anyway?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I asked for Madden impressions, not a trailer. It's going to "look cool" we all know that.

When is Last Guardian due out? Team ICO's work is freakin' art.

New Twisted Metal? That's cool. I played TM:B to death, but then just dropped it forever.... once you get shit down it's so boring.

Rorschach

DCX said:
Ugh. I wish they would just play the game. It's always these fucking video interviews.

BLAHBLAHBLAH GAMEFLOW BLAH BLAH BLAH LOCOMOTION BLAH BLAH PRESENTATION BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Meanwhile, we get the same fucking gameplay vids that have been shown for weeks.

btw- look at 5:19. That's horrible. :\ Suction ball is back in full force, choppy animations because they're almost overlapping, and the overlap causes Clark to go into animation behind the the throw. -_-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Fucking Ke$ha in every gameplay vid I see. >:|

Is this mofo gonna advance tonight? And CB, can you play tonight?
It's definitely advancing tonight, the game will get simmed at 9 PST (hopefully FMT has the balls to do it).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
perfect time for the fucking backlight on my samsung to go out (i think thats what happened.) I probably wont be able to play tonight, ill have to waste it finding recipts and warrenty's and shit

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
perfect time for the fucking backlight on my samsung to go out (i think thats what happened.) I probably wont be able to play tonight, ill have to waste it finding recipts and warrenty's and shit
Don't worry bro, you have until Saturday.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The good news = i have a VGA converter so i could hook up my 360 to my laptop.
The bad news = my 360 is an original core system piece of shit so it doesnt even have that output :(

Nightz

Daw the madden gods don't want us to play. Fuel tanker decided to flip over, road to my house completely closed, stuck in traffic, starving, ready to kill someone. Sim it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hooooooly shit, Mack Jackson is such a beast. He was everywhere on D. 5 tackles, 4 for a loss, 1 pick 6. Golfham, he is way better than Mayo.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
WTF? Did it advance? The website still shows I need to play Nightz
Nope, Rors and I were tired of waiting so we played as Colts/Texans. He was reunited with Nnamdi who made an int and recovered a fumble. :|

tried @ 10 to advance, online franchise servers down. tried a couple minutes ago and they are still down! sorry dudes, i'll try to remember to advance tomorrow morning before i leave for work :(

bluemax said:
Yo Dudebros, I'm going to E3 tomorrow, anyone want any specific Madden details/info post in here before 10am tomorrow.

yeah i want info on why the NCAA game can have full online dynasty support that mirrors the single player game but we get thrown peanuts in madden and a bunch of bullshit that doesn't matter. and also ask ian cummings why he is a liar about online franchise mode and them taking care of it "server side"!

p.s. one final question ask them why one man (sable) was able to code individual stat tracking on the website and they have no one on their team that can do it. pathetic

Striker

http://twitter.com/ian_cummings

Spam Ian with Twitter comments. He's killing our Online Franchise!

P.S. I thought he was a Titans fan?

14b5p3s.jpg

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah i want info on why the NCAA game can have full online dynasty support that mirrors the single player game but we get thrown peanuts in madden and a bunch of bullshit that doesn't matter. and also ask ian cummings why he is a liar about online franchise mode and them taking care of it "server side"!

p.s. one final question ask them why one man (sable) was able to code individual stat tracking on the website and they have no one on their team that can do it. pathetic

Like I told rors, last year there was no one manning the Madden booth so for now I'm assuming any info I glean will be from playing the demo. IF I find someone who knows anything I'll bombard them with online franchise questions.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My q: Since we aren't getting anything in terms of fixes for the online franchise that were promised to be done "server side" last year, are issues with the core gameplay going to be resolved?

These issues:

• Flats coverage
  • Zone depth issues
  • The inability of the AI defenders to stay with crossing routes despite being highly rated/faster than the receiver they are chasing
  • One-handed jumping LB/lineman interception (why can't receivers do these??)
  • QBs getting rid of the ball despite getting hit about ten seconds before throwing it
  • Slow DBs keeping up step for step with fast WRs on fly patterns

Then after that ask if they can fix defensive hot calls at the LoS, they take too much time and as a result the O is more powerful. :(

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tried @ 10 to advance, online franchise servers down. tried a couple minutes ago and they are still down! sorry dudes, i'll try to remember to advance tomorrow morning before i leave for work :(
If you can't advance, give me commish and I'll try to advance during the day.

bluemax said:
Yo Dudebros, I'm going to E3 tomorrow, anyone want any specific Madden details/info post in here before 10am tomorrow.
See if they actually fixed online franchise tiebreakers.

daw840

BigAT said:
If you can't advance, give me commish and I'll try to advance during the day.

See if they actually fixed online franchise tiebreakers.

Yeah, I would actually be very happy if they just fixed the bullshit tiebreakers on the online franchise. It would definitely be more than I expected.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Yeah, I would actually be very happy if they just fixed the bullshit tiebreakers on the online franchise. It would definitely be more than I expected.
You should hope that they keep it if you go back to the Chiefs with 11.

daw840

Wellington said:
You should hope that they keep it if you go back to the Chiefs with 11.
:lol :lol

May be the only way I get into the playoffs in that division. It's still BS though. Even if I was on the winning edge of it. I will have you know, I made it into the playoffs in 20% of the seasons I played this year.

bluemax

Banned
Standing in line for Madden. Initial impressions flat passes and drag routes still rule. Guys in front of me playing Chargers and Jets.

Spoke with designer. Online franchise guys spent maybe a month fixing franchise bugs then went on to online 3v3 coop.

New draft classes this year.

Same people making website. Guy said Sable should post his script to ea forums.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey since we are apparently not playing Madden 10 anymore, check out slickdeals.net, some good deals on XBL games. Geometry Wars 2 is the best ever. Definitely worth the 400 points.

bluemax said:
Standing in line for Madden. Initial impressions flat passes and drag routes still rule. Guys in front of me playing Chargers and Jets.

Spoke with designer. Online franchise guys spent maybe a month fixing franchise bugs then went on to online 3v3 coop.

New draft classes this year.

Same people making website. Guy said Sable should post his script to ea forums.
Is EA going to pay him? What a scumbag answer on that guy's part.

Hey Luke, would Bungie leave basic stats out of Halo multi? No? OK.

Somnia

goldlion054 said:
Somnia, assuming this bitch gets advanced today, could you play tonight. I should be available 8:30 EST on tonight
I'm working a 15 hour workday today (plus 1 hour drive to work and another 1 hour drive home). I'll be free tomorrow after 530 cst or anytime after 1045pm cst Saturday no clue for next week yet I haven't wrote the schedule.

bluemax

Banned
Just played a game jets vs seahawks. First half was against cheeser and I trailed 13-0 missed a fg cause I brainfarted on the kick meter.

Second half finished 29-19. I got 3 fumbles 2 had the mini game which seems to not be as spotty this year. Also was playing in the rain.

Kickoff coverage seems better. Got stopped on what mightve been tds last year.

Love the new running. It feels a lot better. The acceleration feels right.

Passing is hard to judge because of rain but Hasslebeck had some ugly throws that were realistic but I wasn't expecting.

Will play again later.

BigAT

The fumble minigame is still in? Hopefully you can at least turn it off in O.F. this time around, it's absurd you couldn't in this year's version.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Hey since we are apparently not playing Madden 10 anymore, check out slickdeals.net, some good deals on XBL games. Geometry Wars 2 is the best ever. Definitely worth the 400 points.

Is EA going to pay him? What a scumbag answer on that guy's part.

Hey Luke, would Bungie leave basic stats out of Halo multi? No? OK.

I'll be damned if I'm collecting stat data for the one other online franchise that will exist.

Good news is: Gmail finally opened back up my old Gmail account, after it (along with my computer) got hacxxored 2 weeks ago).

Got access back to my Google Documents (and my old emails, including a few hundred emails I saved from my Dad)

Rorschach

I think the running game will improve for many of us because some people just didn't know how to use the turbo. Now, it does it for you.

Son of a bitch...
the mini game
Son of a bitch...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
I think the running game will improve for many of us because some people just didn't know how to use the turbo. Now, it does it for you.

Son of a bitch...
Son of a bitch...

YAY!

PS: Ror, if a Hurricane, loaded with Oil, comes ashore and the South has to relocate....got a spare room? :lol :/

Top Bottom