• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Sonofabitch!!!

Don't know anything about ESPN3, but would it broadcast MNF, PTI, and the 30 for 30 series?

If so I am canceling my cable today (or whenever Cablevision gets it).
MNF and PTI won't be on there. Only college games, soccer matches, tennis, etc.

IGN has a video of Madden 3v3 in action they put up a few days ago. Looks like QB and LBs call plays. Each player controls a "squad" of the team. On defense, it's LBs, DBs, and DL. On offense, it's QB, HB, and WRs. There's also a "free" mode that lets you control any player, but they don't talk about it in that video.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/36268/madden-nfl-11/videos/e3_madden11_interview_061110.html

I hate the concept of "boosts" pretty lame.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
ESPN3 would allow you to watch World Cup games, regional sports games in the CWS, NCAA Football, and other more obscure features. I get ESPN3 at work but not at home but that is not a concern since I already get ESPN and a lot of what is on ESPN is not on ESPN3

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
MNF and PTI won't be on there. Only college games, soccer matches, tennis, etc.

IGN has a video of Madden 3v3 in action they put up a few days ago. Looks like QB and LBs call plays. Each player controls a "squad" of the team. On defense, it's LBs, DBs, and DL. On offense, it's QB, HB, and WRs. There's also a "free" mode that lets you control any player, but they don't talk about it in that video.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/36268/madden-nfl-11/videos/e3_madden11_interview_061110.html

First thing I notice: Goddamn RB doesn't run his fucking route. WHERE THE FUCK YOU GOIohwait he's open

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

That's ghey. I wanted to team up with Astro and LJ - they'd use DT's and I'd use the LE. We'd kill fools with a simple four man rush. If 4v4 Somnia would have been our RE.
ZXnvx.gif

Fuck how did I not notice your avatar. :lol

That's honestly the best part of the world cup (aside from the actual game). It was a subject of conversation on the local sports radio morning show. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rorschach

Wellington said:
That's ghey. I wanted to team up with Astro and LJ - they'd use DT's and I'd use the LE. We'd kill fools with a simple four man rush. If 4v4 Somnia would have been our RE.
You can do that in "Free" mode.

Fuck how did I not notice your avatar. :lol

That's honestly the best part of the world cup. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
:D Hecho en Mexico!

DMczaf said:
You and FMT can fight over QB, I got RB!
BS. You are known for DM ball, but you rarely get more than a 2 yard average. :D

FMT - QB
Rorschach - RB
DM - back up RB

Defense is gonna be a tough call. If you're calling the plays, then we're gonna get a lot of man QB spy that lets YOU roam around and do your thing. While we get stuck out on an island getting confused or beaten!

Rorschach - DBs
DM - LBs
FMT - DL

DMczaf

We're going to have to start talking this over. Which team do we use? Which playbooks?

Get FMT in here, its Madden OTAs!

BS. You are known for DM ball, but you rarely get more than a 2 yard average.

not-my-problem.bmp

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
We're going to have to start talking this over. Which team do we use? Which playbooks?

Get FMT in here, its Madden OTAs!
Of course, I'd love to use the Raiders, but you hate them.

I hate the Bucs.
You hate the Raiders.

9ers are the neutral team. :( FMT can get his Alex Smith on.

DMczaf said:
We're gonna convert you to WR Devin Hester style. Maybe you'll have the same success!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:
ESPN3 would allow you to watch World Cup games, regional sports games in the CWS, NCAA Football, and other more obscure features. I get ESPN3 at work but not at home but that is not a concern since I already get ESPN and a lot of what is on ESPN is not on ESPN3

True, but for college football it shows all the games ESPN is covering that are not in your market. I usually had 6 games to choose from of games that weren't on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU locally. I used it to watch Friday night NBA games a few times too. Oh, Friday Night Fights is on there also.

Nightz

Oh hey, EA announced EA Sports Live Broadcast! Spectator mode where you can watch from the console or the web! Awesome!

Too bad it's not in Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Oh hey, EA announced EA Sports Live Broadcast! Spectator mode where you can watch from the console or the web! Awesome!

You just gave me a serious case of blue balls.

I really just don't get how the Madden team consistently excluded from awesome shit. Flame on for this one, but would this be the case if there was a (competent) competing football game? :|

Rorschach

Nightz said:

Pisses me off. From the fucking web!? And yet, when they bring it up in Madden, they tell us the tech isn't there. Eat my ass, Tiburon!

TheCrow

LJ11 said:
So did they announce anything for '11, or did it go down as expected?
Nope, nothing new was announced.

And to Wellie's point. I think with UFC Undisputed being first, EA had to push bigger features for MMA while Tiburon can take their time implementing features since people aren't going crazy for Backbreaker. Well except for a couple of people on GAF.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Nope, nothing new was announced.

And to Wellie's point. I think with UFC Undisputed being first, EA had to push bigger features for MMA while Tiburon can take their time implementing features since people aren't going crazy for Backbreaker. Well except for a couple of people on GAF.
I don't think that's it. NCAA doesn't have competition, but they implement new shit all the time. Spectator mode is never coming to Madden. Competition or not. It's a pipe dream. Tiburon is only interested in the casual market. Yeah, they say they want to appeal to both, but they're lying through their teeth. This is why franchise and ranked matches will always trump things like Online Franchise. And spectator mode is something more appealing to the hardcore audience.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
I don't think that's it. NCAA doesn't have competition, but they implement new shit all the time. Spectator mode is never coming to Madden. Competition or not. It's a pipe dream. Tiburon is only interested in the casual market. Yeah, they say they want to appeal to both, but they're lying through their teeth. This is why franchise and ranked matches will always trump things like Online Franchise. And spectator mode is something more appealing to the hardcore audience.
You have a point. Personally I will not touch another NCAA game until the 12 player cap for Online Dynasty is changed. I was fine with it for the first year but after two years I expect them to have the infrastructure to expand Online Dynasty.

Anyway, as long as Madden 11 isn't broken I'm never touching Madden 10 after this season. Also, what are the chances that we won't have Fight for the Fumble enabled?

Edit: Why do I keep thinking that Madden-gaf = NCAA-gaf? Second time I've done that. :/

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
You have a point. Personally I will not touch another NCAA game until the 12 player cap for Online Dynasty is changed. I was fine with it for the first year but after two years I expect them to have the infrastructure to expand Online Dynasty.

Anyway, as long as Madden 11 isn't broken I'm never touching Madden 10 after this season. Also, what are the chances that we won't have Fight for the Fumble enabled?
I swore off of NCAA years ago, but they do try to add new things before Madden.

I heard fight for fumble is gone.

Nightz

daw you gonna be around tonight? I'll be home late tomorrow and Wednesday so today would be ideal. Let me know here or shoot me a message on AIM.

Nightz

Ok well I'm going to be getting home late the next few days and I know daw goes to sleep early, so if you guys want to sim it, that's fine with me. I won't back out of the league to let daw beat up on the CPU though.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Just like ESPN3 (coincidence the name was changed from ESPN360?!), it depends on what ISP you have if you can watch it. Comcast and Verizon, for example, can view it. TWC cannot access it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
Just like ESPN3 (coincidence the name was changed from ESPN360?!), it depends on what ISP you have if you can watch it. Comcast and Verizon, for example, can view it. TWC cannot access it.

Last I saw, my ISP (Brighthouse/Roadrunner) did not...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
Pisses me off. From the fucking web!? And yet, when they bring it up in Madden, they tell us the tech isn't there. Eat my ass, Tiburon!

Especially when they worked on the broadcast view just for that purpose.

Must be saving it for the Madden 12 online (franchise) refresh.

daw840

Nightz said:
Ok well I'm going to be getting home late the next few days and I know daw goes to sleep early, so if you guys want to sim it, that's fine with me. I won't back out of the league to let daw beat up on the CPU though.

Ugh, so sorry man. I have been kind of sick ever since this weekend and I came home last night and just passed out. I really don't go to bed that early anymore, I am usually good to start a game up until about midnight CST so if you are around tonight so will I.

Nightz

daw840 said:
Ugh, so sorry man. I have been kind of sick ever since this weekend and I came home last night and just passed out. I really don't go to bed that early anymore, I am usually good to start a game up until about midnight CST so if you are around tonight so will I.
Ah, no worries. I'll try to make myself available before that time. Can't promise anything though.

LiveWire

I signed out of the league; too much stuff going on right now with working later than usual and weekend plans every weekend; don't want to hold the league up any longer. See y'all on the Maddenoliday. :D

daw840

LiveWire said:
I signed out of the league; too much stuff going on right now with working later than usual and weekend plans every weekend; don't want to hold the league up any longer. See y'all on the Maddenoliday. :D

vadernooooooooo.jpg

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is this last game going to be played? i have to head out to dinner in a few mins, should i just SIM IT or are you guys actually going to play in a few hours?
These endless weeks are miserable.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
is this last game going to be played? i have to head out to dinner in a few mins, should i just sim it or are you guys actually going to play in a few hours?
Make someone else commish. I will be here all night.

No I won't do anything stupid, just advance whenever this game gets down then give commish power right back.

Top Bottom