• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Don't sim it untl I get home tonight and play my game damn it
with all due respects i think the playoffs are all but decided, unless wellie loses then i guess you and gold would be brought into the mix.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
with all due respects i think the playoffs are all but decided, unless wellie loses then i guess you and gold would be brought into the mix.

DCX

So fucked up. I go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs because of MTC.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
So fucked up. I go 10-6 and still miss the playoffs because of MTC.
i know :( Briggs really helped your D, a big FU to FMT who said Briggs wouldn't matter much :p I wonder who would really make it if you, gold and wellie end up tied at 10-6. If Wellie wins its a mute point.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
i know :( Briggs really helped your D, a big FU to FMT who said Briggs wouldn't matter much :p I wonder who would really make it if you, gold and wellie end up tied at 10-6. If Wellie wins its a mute point.

DCX

Well, I beat Wellie and went 1-1 against Gold.

BigAT

Unfortunately, it looks like the NFC playoff teams are already decided. Regardless of what happens this week, the Giants/Falcons would win the wild card spots.

DCX

DCX
well, head to head you beat wellie, gold and you tie, wellie beats no one. conference record, wellie has you both beat but gold hold an advantage over you. Then what's next? record against common?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Unfortunately, it looks like the NFC playoff teams are already decided. Regardless of what happens this week, the Giants/Falcons would win the wild card spots.
yeah so, simming the remainder of the games isn't a bad idea then. The only issue is getting people hurt during a sim.

DCX

DCX

DCX
So NFC looks like this so ar.

1- Packers bye
2- 493rs- bye

3- Eagles/Buccs
6- Giants/Falcons

4- Buccs/Eagles
5- Falcons/Giants

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
well, head to head you beat wellie, gold and you tie, wellie beats no one. conference record, wellie has you both beat but gold hold an advantage over you. Then what's next? record against common?
Why bother typing all of that out when all you need is three letters: M-T-C.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

I'd be in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
trying to make him feel better about his season :(

DCX
In the immortal words of CB:

reggie.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
Sanjuro will just rage quit after I skull fuck him with the Bills. Dude's ego won't allow it.

I'm amazed I stayed myself, and I was never skullfucked.

Well, harshly, anyway.

I'd like to be back, but not coming back would perhaps give me more time to do other things, as well as brighten my overall mood. :D

Nightz: I'd recommend Oher to replace Andre, and I feel that Roy Hightower on the Cardinals is a very similar player to Blansit. Go get them!

LukeSmith

Can we get a tentative list of who is coming back so we don't end up over recruiting and have 50 people for 32 spots, a bunch of the OT NFL thread has probably been getting all hyped up by Rors, FMT and DM's Madden fingerbanging

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Can we get a tentative list of who is coming back so we don't end up over recruiting and have 50 people for 32 spots, a bunch of the OT NFL thread has probably been getting all hyped up by Rors, FMT and DM's Madden fingerbanging
i

daw840

LukeSmith said:

Go ahead and put me on the list.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My only question is what is going to happen with new guys coming in and vets not having their teams? Striker, AT, and I are all Giants fans, we can't all have the team, but what if say, one of the Packer fans joins the league next season? What if a Packer and Browns fan join the league? Do we fill out our ranks then let vets who lose their teams like FMT and CB choose, and THEN let the newer guys pick whatever teams are left? It's going to be tough.

Nightz

Lonestar said:
Nightz: I'd recommend Oher to replace Andre, and I feel that Roy Hightower on the Cardinals is a very similar player to Blansit. Go get them!
Nah, I'll just stick with what I have. I'll be out of the playoffs in the wild card round anyway. :lol

LukeSmith said:
I am. Can't wait to play with Ryan Mathews! mmmm yeahh

Lonestar

daw840 said:
Go ahead and put me on the list.

Only if we get some of the 50% taxed inheritance money :D

Wellington said:
So are we!

Well, if I stayed around, and I won the Brett Favra Award...

What does that say for the real Breatt Farvra...

Wellington said:
My only question is what is going to happen with new guys coming in and vets not having their teams? Striker, AT, and I are all Giants fans, we can't all have the team, but what if say, one of the Packer fans joins the league next season? What if a Packer and Browns fan join the league? Do we fill out our ranks then let vets who lose their teams like FMT and CB choose, and THEN let the newer guys pick whatever teams are left? It's going to be tough.

How do you think I feel? I can possibly see 1-2 new guy's come in, that are Pats fans (somehow). As someone that's more or less neutral, but has been here for awhile...

Copy and fill in, I put in people off the top of my head.

Baltimore Ravens: Fifty
Buffalo Bills: LJ
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos
Houston Texans: Smokey, Miguel, Matrix
Indianapolis Colts: LukeSmith
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets: Denog
Oakland Raiders: Rorschach
Pittsburgh Steelers: Ramirez
San Diego Chargers
Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons: DCX, Storybook
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears: Bob
Dallas Cowboys: Somnia
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants: Striker, CK
Philadelphia Eagles: CB3
San Francisco 49ers: FMT
Seattle Seahawks: Bluemax
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DM
Washington Redskins: Livewire

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

In these cases, for players that "lose" their teams, it's my understanding that said players will have first pick of the leftovers from people who played in Madden 10. So a new Browns fan or new Packers fan could very well be screwed.

Additions in bold

Contested Teams:

Chicago Bears: Bob, Airbrian
San Francisco 49ers: FMT, Birdles
Washington Redskins: Livewire, Sableholic
Seattle Seahawks: Bluemax, Lonestar?
New York Giants: Striker, CK, BigAT

Uncontested Teams:
Denver Broncos: Crow
Kansas City Chiefs: Daw
San Diego Chargers: Nightz
Carolina Panthers: GCQ?
Detroit Lions: Goldlion?

Unclaimed Teams:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
St. Louis Rams
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

Not sure if guys like AirBrian will be able to play for their team.

Unaccounted for:
  • Pheenix
  • MWS the Natural
  • Shawnhann
  • Peterboy

daw840

Lonestar said:
Only if we get some of the 50% taxed inheritance money :D

Hey now! I rescinded my stance later on in that thread! And put me in for the Chiefs. And you will! It will go to taxes!

Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs: daw840
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
San Diego Chargers
Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears: Bob
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants: Striker, CK
San Francisco 49ers: FMT
Seattle Seahawks: Bluemax
St. Louis Rams
Washington Redskins: Livewire

Lonestar

Me personally, I'd sign up for the Pats, simply because of having them last year. I know the roster now, strengths and weaknesses. And it's got good players to trade off.

Seattle has some pieces as well.

More or less, I just don't want a crap team. Like the Steelers.

Wasn't sure on quasi members such as Airbrian, Shawnwann, Malley.

Not sure where Crow sits. Was he a Denver fan? I seem to remember him liking another team.

Though, maybe I should try to fight for the Falcons. Just to annoy Storybook. :p

BigAT

I'm considering just coming back as the Packers. Like Lonestar, I've gotten to know the team quite well and I've gotten used to playing with them, plus it would avoid at least some of the need to figure out who gets the Giants.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Me personally, I'd sign up for the Pats, simply because of having them last year. I know the roster now, strengths and weaknesses. And it's got good players to trade off.

Not sure where Crow sits. Was he a Denver fan? I seem to remember him liking another team.

Though, maybe I should try to fight for the Falcons. Just to annoy Storybook. :p
:|

Ramirez

Lonestar said:

Heat%20Hawks%20Basketball_Clar.jpg

I'm in of course, I will defend my Steelers crown if necessary.

With Randle El back in the fold, I will pull out all of my gadget plays, as my friend Al Michaels would say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srcqADaO8og

get mad Bluemax

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I'm considering just coming back as the Packers. Like Lonestar, I've gotten to know the team quite well and I've gotten used to playing with them, plus it would avoid at least some of the need to figure out who gets the Giants.
:D

LukeSmith

BigAT said:

There's no downside though - no Madden 10 player is going to want the Packers, so you could play for the Giants and still get the Pack. No blood, no foul

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:

i thought the fighting for teams were fans fighting for the rights, why would you get the right to fight for any team you wasn't a fan of?

DCX

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
There's no downside though - no Madden 10 player is going to want the Packers, so you could play for the Giants and still get the Pack. No blood, no foul
id take the Pack if i lost out on being the Falcons, this is gonna be a clusterfuck...i can smell it.

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
i thought the fighting for teams were fans fighting for the rights, why would you get the right to fight for any team you wasn't a fan of?

DCX

I live closer to Atlanta than you.
I can trade off Matt Ryan and start the JPW!
I can pretend to own Home Depot!

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
Not really a fan of any team but I'd take Denver again in 11. I'm familiar with them and I want to build a team that works with my style of play. Plus I wouldn't want to leave the best division. :D

LukeSmith

DCX said:
id take the Pack if i lost out on being the Falcons, this is gonna be a clusterfuck...i can smell it.

DCX

In the case where two players who lost The Battle want the same team, and one of those players owned that team in Madden 10, that repeat owner should just get the team by default.

daw840

DCX said:

DCX

Just keep playing until it's all sorted out.

If both you and AT lose, play each other for the Pack! We could make a whole bracket!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
SHUT UP!

Yeah these "playoffs" for the teams could buy us time while we wait for updated rosters.

"Waiting for rosters"...? :lol How young and naive.

Lonestar said:

:lol I don't get to use Bama in the NCAA dynasty so there is no need for vengeance here!

Should I lose to DCX then I would like to take the Titans or Chargers. (just putting it out there so it's on record)

Lonestar said:
I live closer to Atlanta than you.
I can trade off Matt Ryan and start the JPW!
I can pretend to own Home Depot!

I've had season tickets since 2003! :D

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
:lol I don't get to use Bama in the NCAA dynasty so there is no need for vengeance here!

Should I lose to DCX then I would like to take the Titans or Chargers. (just putting it out there so it's on record)

Yeah and in that case, Nightz has the Bolts (but I'd happily welcome you into the AFC Mouth as the Titans!)

LukeSmith said:
Yeah and in that case, Nightz has the Bolts (but I'd happily welcome you into the AFC Mouth as the Titans!)

That's fine, we can get it worked out but I just don't want to get stuck with a team like the Rams again. *shudders*

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:

same :p it's all a game, and i'm playing it.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
same :p it's all a game, and i'm playing it.

DCX

Exactly, and because of the perception of this gamesmanship - folks will play for one team and if they lose, they'll have a pool of teams to choose from at the end, owners who controlled a team left in the pool the previous year should have first choice on that team from the Uncontested list - the last time the league dealt with your 'gamesmanship' it was some real Matt Millen shit.

Contested Team Losers -> The Uncontested Pool

Players in the Uncontested Pool who owned a team previously get first choice to take that team (BigAT reuniting with the Packers or Storybook reuniting with the Rams or whatever).

Then after those get snapped up, players and teams in the Uncontested pool either just get paired from what's left or if there are truly uncontested teams (like the Browns, Bengals, et cetera) then the players in that pool can play it out.

Lonestar

storybook77 said:

Don't blame me, you're the one who bought them.

Top Bottom