• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LJ11

Striker said:
They did release some of the ratings for Bears-Jets, as posted in the NFL Thread.

Mohamed Massaquoi had a similar season compared to Michael Crabtree, and their ratings are eight numbers apart. Massaquoi at 75 and Crabbles at 83. SMH

Alex Smith and Josh Freeman both 77.

Buc and Bill WR's are awful; if LJ plays as BUF again, he's one of the few who can work with that. It's Lee Evans and a bunch of 60 rated players. Bills' QBs are 70 and 69, Brohm and Edwards, respectively.

Jake Delhomme at 74 for CLE, with Wallace right behind him and McCoy at 71.

They kept Big Jake in the mid 80's. Bradshaw bumped to 78. Andre Brown still decent at 69.

Giants' WRs, as I suspected, are in the margin: Smith at 88, Nicks 81, and Mario, lower than I had thought, is 76. Ramses Barden at 60 OVR >_<

Wellie will have to see the video to see where they put the teams' DTs and other positions. :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIPhPeeetU&

It's going to be interesting to see the SPD vs ACC difference in this years game. If you look at the Jets that have no real speed on D, but they're all pretty good in the acceleration department.

Lee Evans graded out with the 3rd best hands in the league according to football outsiders, yet he never gets a high catch rating. If this dude had a capable fucking QB he'd be an All-Pro almost every year. He has great hands, too bad they only use him to run 3 fucking routes.

AdvancedNFLStats graded Kyle Williams and Schobel as the number one DT and DE respectively. Also graded George Wilson as a top 5 safety. Poz was top 5 amongst LBs as well. Florence was a top DB according to FO. God bless Catavolos, he can turn any mediocre DB into a serviceable player.

With that said, I don't put stock into any of that shit, I watched every game and know they all had decent to good seasons, but until they win on the field no one will give a fuck.

Chan Gailey is surpassing my expectation so far, he is awesome. Total fucking 180. Really think they're going to surprise a bunch of people. They're stronger, bigger, faster at pretty much every position on the defensive side. I expect them to lock a lot of teams up on D. Just need to score a bit and we'll pull out some wins.

LJ11

Also, I know Maybin may turn out to be a bust, should have drafted Cushing like I wanted (can play 4-3 and 3-4), and his rating will probably still be inflated, but how is Vernon Gholston a 75....lol.

He should be a 50 just like his number.

Striker

According to the video that got posted, LJ, Maybin is a rated 60 OLB.

It's funny EA's rating logic. Gholston is an end, in a 3-4 scheme, and he's a 75 despite poor numbers in block shed, moves, strength - you know, numbers that should mean something in that defense.

Note: just saw that video was already taken down, :(

LJ11

Yeah, I missed the video. Gholston is a complete bust, they haven't touched his rating since his draft year.

Maybin's had a tough time, saw no playing time, loves himself so the dude is delusional about his abilities, pretty weak, but he works hard, really hard. Can't hate. Hopefully they can free his ass up with stunts/blitzes.

Cushing made so much sense, weakness at OLB so he would easily fill that hole, and was a stand up end at times. Offered a shit load of versatility.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
So why are you commish again if you're not going to take the time to double check shit before you do something.

Whatever tho, wellie I can play today the earlier the better.
I'll be home around 10 EDT.

Striker said:
Mohamed Massaquoi had a similar season compared to Michael Crabtree, and their ratings are eight numbers apart. Massaquoi at 75 and Crabbles at 83. SMH

um, crabtree didn't play until week 6. he had no training camp, no pre-season. he basically came in and winged it to a pretty good rookie season even if those numbers were over a 16 game schedule. what he did was definitely out of the ordinary for a rookie WR, which is perhaps the 2nd toughest position in the league to step in as a rookie. the fact that massaquoi is within 8 points of crabcakes is BS

Alex Smith and Josh Freeman both 77.

complete bullcrap. alex smith had a decent season last year.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
complete bullcrap. alex smith had a decent season last year.

I have to agree with you. I think they should have bumped him up to 79/80 range.

and i have to wait all the way until July 20 for the Lions ratings :(

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
I have to agree with you. I think they should have bumped him up to 79/80 range.

and i have to wait all the way until July 20 for the Lions ratings :(
21st for me :(

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
goldlion054 said:
actually, according to my sunday paper, Walmart is selling that shit on the 6th (next tuesday)

I saw. EA hasnt announced it yet and only Walmart is advertising it. Either way i have 20 dollar gamer credit at Amazon so im getting it there regardless

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey I ran into a bit of trouble. If it's going to advance just boot me from the league and have someone play for me with Eli, Jacobs, and CJ on the bench!

Rorschach

LJ: let me use Tristan for the playoffs. KTHX!!!

I was just joking about a "swagger rating" the other day when talking to DM. He must have passed it on to his boy Donny.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
um, crabtree didn't play until week 6. he had no training camp, no pre-season. he basically came in and winged it to a pretty good rookie season even if those numbers were over a 16 game schedule. what he did was definitely out of the ordinary for a rookie WR, which is perhaps the 2nd toughest position in the league to step in as a rookie. the fact that massaquoi is within 8 points of crabcakes is BS
Both started 11 games. And missing camp, pre-season, and other stuff isn't my fault! Don't holdout!

It's rare for me also to write as if Alex Smith is anything better than average, but he would have been a better QB throwing the ball for the Browns last year than Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn; though to be fair so would Josh Cribbs!

I didn't catch other WR's ratings, like Maclin or the Colt receivers (Collie and Garcon). Plus guys like Heyward-Bey, Harvin, and Kenny Britt. Curious to see the second-year ratings; intrigues me, I guess. I did catch they dropped Brian Robiskie (and raised Cribbs to 78!).

Rorschach

Striker said:
Can or will Pasta reveal them further?
He got bitched at for it last year and was forced to take them down. Doubt he brings them back. All that work for nothing. :p At least the Raiders are released in 2 days!

Rorschach

Looking at the ratings for the Jets and WOW! That team is stacked.

Nightz said:
Indeed. I'll take Boldin and Oher from the Ravens. :D
Didn't you choose to have yours simmed? :p And I wouldn't be upgrading much...

Nightz

Rorschach said:
Didn't you choose to have yours simmed? :p And I wouldn't be upgrading much...
Yeah I did. Besides, if I did get those two guys, they'll probably get injured in my next simmed game anyway. :lol

I'm expecting Carson, Ocho, and D-Bro to get paralyzed when my game against the Bills is simmed.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thecoldone33 11:32 pm
(11:32:36 PM): Everything about Metal Gear Solid 5 is awesome
(11:32:44 PM): except the fact they put it on the worst system out
whossorrynow015 is offline 11:33 pm

IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send whossorrynow015 a text message.

I interruped his nightly Alex Smith wank session. My bad bro!

LJ11

Bills ratings are up, Levi Brown is completely overrated and may be quite useful.

K.Williams got the shaft, they had him at 83 at the end of the season and now he's back down to 79.

Wood is an 81 but played a little more than half a season, Levitre was just as good by the end of the season and played 16 games.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I see much suckiness in the Patriot's Future. On defense, besides Wilfork, Mayo, and Meriweather, it ain't much. Just hope that McCouty and Butler have high enough POT ratings to jump up.

And no RB's! Back to Pass Only Offense!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
I see much suckiness in the Patriot's Future. On defense, besides Wilfork, Mayo, and Meriweather, it ain't much. Just hope that McCouty and Butler have high enough POT ratings to jump up.

And no RB's! Back to Pass Only Offense!
Are you sticking with the Pats or trying to go back to the Seahawks? I think you should fight for your right to use Rolando (or Mt. Cody)!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I'd like to be back. I mean, unless others want to push me out, like you and Sanjuro :p

I can take the Titans, as long as I bring Brady, Mayo and Welker :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
Bills ratings are up, Levi Brown is completely overrated and may be quite useful.

K.Williams got the shaft, they had him at 83 at the end of the season and now he's back down to 79.

Wood is an 81 but played a little more than half a season, Levitre was just as good by the end of the season and played 16 games.
Wow @ Spiller's ratings

Roscoe will be dangerous in the slot if you can get him into holes in zones. CIT is too low otherwise.

LB Corps is not bad, SPD aside.

Wow @ Stroud's drop.

McCargo higher than expected :lol

DMczaf

Lonestar said:
We aren't.

It's all about Simming these days.

15655_raheem-morris.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Well, I'd like to be back. I mean, unless others want to push me out, like you and Sanjuro :p

I can take the Titans, as long as I bring Brady, Mayo and Welker :p
I don't care who you play with - you have said all of the following in the past:

1) I'd like to keep the Pats
2) I'd like to go back to the Seahawks
3) I'd like to use whoever gets McClain

Was just trying to clear it up.

Top Bottom