• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
I had to use Mike Vick since McNabb, Brooks, Colston, Akeem, and Mays all got injured. Couldnt believe that shit. I can bait your ass into throwing right at me and my guys drop the ball. User picks. Meanwhie AI LB sky's up like Michael Jordan in the dunk contests and gets a pick
c-eo.gif

I Maddened a few times too my friend. White TD in the corner of the endzone. Forced fumble doesn't go into a fight for fumble. Another fumble where the announcer SAID picked up by ATL and it was your ball..just bogus.

That first fumble by Bess on the first drive was lol, i had you beat cleared to the sideline and i got a suction hitstick. fuck that shit.

DCX

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
I had to use Mike Vick since McNabb, Brooks, Colston, Akeem, and Mays all got injured. Couldnt believe that shit. I can bait your ass into throwing right at me and my guys drop the ball. User picks. Meanwhie AI LB sky's up like Michael Jordan in the dunk contests and gets a pick

Its alright. I can live with losing like that. Getting bounced by EA instead of my opponents 2 years in a row aint fun. Ill redeem it in NCAA
Dawg, i never beat you in Madden..AI or not this can't sit well with you at all...:lol

DCX

I was checking out my roster, and something blew my mind. I have players that have been drafted in this league who are in their 40's in terms of age. My 94 ovr corner is 41 years old. bananas, damn it

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
goldlion054 said:
I was checking out my roster, and something blew my mind. I have players that have been drafted in this league who are in their 40's in terms of age. My 94 ovr corner is 41 years old. bananas, damn it

Yeah, just another piece of evidence: EA's Online Franchise website blows.

Players are their correct age in the game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
Dawg, i never beat you in Madden..AI or not this can't sit well with you at all...:lol

DCX

Its quite alright. Its like when Livewire beat me. Everyone gets the breaks once

Striker

TheCrow said:
Denver Broncos Madden 11 Ratings
Oakland Raiders Madden 11 Ratings

I'm glad to see that Moreno has a higher speed rating and it seems that Demaryius Thomas will have to be my DeSean Jackson next season. Hopefully I can trade Kyle Orton again and pick up some help defensively. That is unless Tebow can also line up at CB.
I like the Raiders' ratings. More realistic, i.e. Bush, McFadden (77), hell, even Rolando is a 79. Not something like a 85 as other overrated rooks are. Something that's missing from many others ratings I've seen. :\

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Striker said:
I like the Raiders' ratings. More realistic, i.e. Bush, McFadden (77), hell, even Rolando is a 79. Not something like a 85 as other overrated rooks are. Something that's missing from many others ratings I've seen. :\

Except Ro deserves the 85 while the other overrated rookies don't.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Why aren't you thanking Sable for this season? Respect what made you
What about the # of AI vs. Human games he played this season?

Anyway, DM, I am here unitl 12:01. I'll sleep peacefully tonight after Lebron signs with the Knicks. (Well gives us a verbal and signs on 7/8)

Striker

Lonestar said:
Except Ro deserves the 85 while the other overrated rookies don't.
I think 79 is perfect. But guys like Bradford, Okung, Williams (from Washington), etc. will probably be n the 80's, and it's not necessary. I think Okung is a 84 if I remember correctly. They kept Jason Pierre-Paul in check quite decently (76 I believe), and Browns' CB Joe Haden at 79 also.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
What about the # of AI vs. Human games he played this season?

Anyway, DM, I am here unitl 12:01. I'll sleep peacefully tonight after Lebron signs with the Knicks. (Well gives us a verbal and signs on 7/8)
Last i knew Cold wasn't AI, so focus on DM and move on.

DCX

Rorschach

Striker said:
It's called the Raider downgrade. Anyone who goes to the Raiders gets a downgrade from their previous rating automatically. The game would be better if all the teams were rated like that.

I will say that Campbell is a bit overrated, but then again all QBs are. I mean, how the fuck did Charlie Whitehurst get such a fucking boost and why is Freeman rated so high?

Striker

Rorschach said:
It's called the Raider downgrade. Anyone who goes to the Raiders gets a downgrade from their previous rating automatically. The game would be better if all the teams were rated like that.

I will say that Campbell is a bit overrated, but then again all QBs are. I mean, how the fuck did Charlie Whitehurst get such a fucking boost and why is Freeman rated so high?
Yeah Campbell being an 83 is odd, but they probably just go off stats. :lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I'm in the right thread, I'll repost my question -

So...if I wanted to try to join the league for Madden '11, what are the odds that I could play as the Ravens? I've been a Ravens fan for many years despite living in Texas. I'm not totally sure how it happened, either.

Rorschach

Monroeski said:
Now that I'm in the right thread, I'll repost my question -

So...if I wanted to try to join the league for Madden '11, what are the odds that I could play as the Ravens? I've been a Ravens fan for many years despite living in Texas. I'm not totally sure how it happened, either.
It depends on how many people we have and if Fifty is going to be playing. We don't know yet.

That reminds me. Have we done a head count yet of who's coming back?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rors, I don't think Fifty will be playing. So the Ravens most likely will be up for grabs.

daw840

Rorschach said:
It depends on how many people we have and if Fifty is going to be playing. We don't know yet.

Yeah, it was started on the last page back I think

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
I think 79 is perfect. But guys like Bradford, Okung, Williams (from Washington), etc. will probably be n the 80's, and it's not necessary. I think Okung is a 84 if I remember correctly. They kept Jason Pierre-Paul in check quite decently (76 I believe), and Browns' CB Joe Haden at 79 also.

Okung was an 82 at E3.

Rorschach said:

Because if PC is willing to trade a second and a useful DE for Jesus Whitehurst then he must be worth a higher rating!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i hope fifty plays again :(

We both have retired.

Then again Fifty could always pull a Favre.

Matrix

Kinda hard to come back unless I change my pre-order to a 360 version and lol at my avatar.

Matrix

I got sent a medal of honor beta key, anyone want it?

Not sure if it's for PS3 or 360.

Matrix

Just sent it via PM Rors.

If I somehow get another via email I'll give you it CB.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:

Contested Teams:

Houston Texans: Smokey, Dskillz, Miguel (PS3 only)
Atlanta Falcons: DCX, Storybook
San Francisco 49ers: FMT, Birdles
Washington Redskins: Livewire, Sableholic
Seattle Seahawks: Bluemax, Lonestar
New York Giants: CK, BigAT, Striker

Uncontested Teams:
Buffalo Bills: LJ
Chicago Bears: Bob
Denver Broncos: Crow
Indianapolis Colts: LukeSmith
Kansas City Chiefs: Daw
New York Jets: Denog
Oakland Raiders: Rorschach
Pittsburgh Steelers: Ramirez
San Diego Chargers: Nightz
Carolina Panthers: GCQ
Dallas Cowboys: Somnia
Detroit Lions: Goldlion
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DM
Philadelphia Eagles: CB3

Unclaimed Teams:

Baltimore Ravens:
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
St. Louis Rams
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

Unaccounted for:
  • Pheenix
  • MWS the Natural
  • Shawnhann
  • Peterboy
  • Fifty**
  • Matrix**

**pending retirement paper filing

daw840

LukeSmith said:

Contested Teams:

Houston Texans: Smokey, Miguel, Matrix

Uncontested Teams:

Unclaimed Teams:

Baltimore Ravens:
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
St. Louis Rams
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

Unaccounted for:
  • Pheenix
    [*]MWS the Natural
    [*]Shawnhann
  • Peterboy
  • Fifty
Fixed

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So Ryan Matthews was considered a reach by the Chargers, but he's rated 77? How's that work. Their OL underperformed for the second year in a row running the ball, and yet they have pretty good RBK ratings (tho it's RBS and RBF that matter).

Nightz

Wellington said:
So Ryan Matthews was considered a reach by the Chargers, but he's rated 77? How's that work. Their OL underperformed for the second year in a row running the ball, and yet they have pretty good RBK ratings (tho it's RBS and RBF that matter).
I blame the running issues last year on injuries throughout the line, a rookie RG starting, and LaDainian Tomlinson tripping over himself everytime he touched the ball. And Ryan Mathews will be a 99 by season's end!

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

Without cross referencing Madden 10s CAR stats, it seems like a lot of backs have had their CAR stats nerfed (or arbitrarily assigned).

Jamaal Charles: 190 carries, 40 receptions 2 Fumbles - 76 CAR
230 touches, 2 fumbles - Fumble per 115 touches.

Thomas Jones: 330 carries 10 receptions 4 fumbles - 95 CAR
340 touches - 4 fumbles. Fumble per 85 touches

Adrian Peterson: 314 carries 43 receptions 7 fumbles - (was this 70, I don't remember)
357 touches - 7 fumbles. Fumble per 51 touches

This isn't nearly enough data to draw any real conclusions, but just a few quick cases already seem to show that this isn't derived by much of anything. Unfortunate, really. With a little bit of work you could build a stat matrix that derives Ratings for players and crawls their stats from a website for the last season and post season

hmm, Dexter Mccluster got put as a receiver as opposed to a HB, his college position. This is fair, because he is kind of an all purpose player. And Eric Berry is an 84 ovr rookie. Well then

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Ratings are based on what team they join and name recognition, not on merit. Donny just watches ESPN and bases the ratings based off that. Any player that isn't shown regularly on the highlights or discussion is given a rating based on what team they're on.

I don't think the ratings should be based purely on stats, but even that would be a step up from what we get now.

LukeSmith said:

Contested Teams:

Houston Texans: Smokey, Dskillz, Miguel (PS3 only)

Uncontested Teams:

Unclaimed Teams:

Baltimore Ravens:
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans
Arizona Cardinals
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
St. Louis Rams
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

Unaccounted for:
  • Pheenix
  • MWS the Natural
  • Shawnhann
  • Peterboy
  • Fifty**
  • Matrix**
**pending retirement paper filing

You forgot bluemax and lone! Plus zep will be back! Come back ZEP!!!

Top Bottom