• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As more of a visual representation to how the game went down:

1st Quarter
I kickoff to Nightz.
Force a punt
Do diddly poo, throw an INT on my side of the 50
I stop him and force a FG. 0-3 Nightz
I complete a nice rollout pass to Crusoe for 67 yards.
Couple plays later, Taylor runs in a 1 yard TD, 7-3 Me.
Nightz returns a kick for 91 yards and then follows with a 4 yard TD pass 7-10 Nightz

2nd Quarter
I continue to do nothing on offense but bad news bears kind of stuff.
Nightz offense moves well in between the 20's, but I hold him to a FG. 7-13 Nightz
I manage to blow nice field position inside of 1 minute before halftime
He manages to move down the field and kick another FG with 6 seconds left before halftime. 7-16 Nightz
Then...

(Video)Nightz squib kicks it to be safe, and instead, Khiary Jenkins (the man who made Denogg Quit), picks up the ball, breaks 2 tackles, runs into the endzone for a 68 yard TD run, highstepping into the Ref's Crotch 14-16 Nightz

3rd Quarter
I recieve the ball, and manage to run out of the shotgun, and eventually score the go ahead TD on a pass to Bellows. I run my first 2 Point attempt of the season, a pass to Ben Watson, taking 5 minutes of time on the drive. 22-16 Me
He answers back on a drive, with a WR dodging a stupid tackle attempt by a safety, scoring a 31 yard TD. 22-23 Nightz

This score would last all the way until there were 2 seconds left in the 4th...

4th Quarter
My offense continued to be mentally challenged. With great plays achieved, only to be squandered away by sacks (I was sacked 8 times) and turnovers.
On defense, I manage to stop Nightz, who was probably playing conservative on offense to limit any turnover possibilities.
(Video)A big drop by Martavis Finley, on a 3rd and 23, with around 8 minutes left to go. Will he make up for his blunder?
Nightz's offense proceeds to churn a long, sustained, drive. Just eating the clock. Without Mercy. Every 3rd down conversion met. Soon enough, he completes a 3rd and 7 pass to Ochocinco, with under 2 minutes left to go.
At this point, frustrated. I paused the game, inched ever so close to the thought of conceding the game. "He's in the Red Zone. I can't stop him, and D. Brown"
I back away from those thoughts, and trudged on.
Being that the clock was moving, after about 15 seconds, I remembered that there are Time Outs in Football. I call one.
1:29 left, 1st Down at the 20 yard line, D Brown gets the handoff.

(Video)Patrick Chung comes out of nowhere, and bashes in the side of D. Brown's head. Brown fumbles. SackMeister Barwin picks up the ball! With no Bengals around, a fumble mini game doesn't even happen!

I've got 1:20 left and 80 yards to go to the goalline. 2 Timeouts
1st play, to show my baffled mindset. A run play is called. Achieves nothing.
I forget to call a Timeout.
I call another play. For 8 yards.
I called my 2nd timeout. 3rd and 2, at the 25 yard line. 53 seconds left.
Tribow in at QB.
(Video)An improbable pass and catch to Andre Crusoe, for 31 yards
I'm down to Nightz's 40 yard line, 1 time out left, but the wrong Kowski for the job. I've got to get alot closer.
I hurried up to the line of scrimmage on that past play, and....

(Video)Tribow evades pressure, and because Nightz has called what appears to be either a 2 Zone defense, the CB's do not go deep...but Martavis Finley does!!
HE'S MADE UP FOR HIS DROP EARLIER!
Down to the 1 yard line! It's at 20 seconds left, and I have a Time Out!!

(Video)2nd angle of that play
(this play recorded by phone, EA didn't like the play so wouldn't record the video.)

I let the clock run down to 3 (and Nightz doesn't call any Timeouts himself.)

(Video)The worst Kowski Kicker in the whole wide world, boots an 18 yard FG for the win.

25-22 Me

I will probably go onto lose against Crow. But hey, I always enjoy a hollywood ending.

Lonestar

TheCrow said:
I'm online so just send me an invite. But I wouldn't have a problem if we went tomorrow.

Tomorrow's gonna be pretty busy. An even larger family get together, and I know alot of us will be heading into Birmingham to go watch some massive fireworks. Wouldn't be getting home till probably 11+ PM CST.

Heading on now.

Lonestar

Well, that went about how I figured it. Just continuing on with just shit on offense, even more so than earlier. Congrats Crow.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, bigat when can you play? i can be around tomorrow if you give me a time!
I'm up now and will be available for at least the next few hours. I have plans later on today, so it likely depends when you get up. Get me on AIM whenever you're up and atom.

gg bigat. just wasn't meant to be :( i made some bad throws, had some homefield against me (lol @ the pick near the end of the half... your CB peels off his receiver 5 yards away to make the spider sense pick on vernon), your defense was all over the place while 2 of my secondary would watch your guy just catch it, and i just couldn't keep running after i got down big.

now, for a 1 or 2 week break from tiburon football games!

BigAT

Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack came to Green Bay and threw four picks.

It gives me quite a bit of satisfaction to beat Mr. English, as the dirty cheater had given me a lot of problems in past seasons.

On to the Super Bowl. Crow, I think I have plans for most of the rest of the day, I might be able to play tonight though.

TheCrow

BigAT said:
Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack came to Green Bay and threw four picks.

It gives me quite a bit of satisfaction to beat Mr. English, as the dirty cheater had given me a lot of problems in past seasons.

On to the Super Bowl. Crow, I think I have plans for most of the rest of the day, I might be able to play tonight though.
Same here. If we can't play tonight I'll be available pretty much all day tomorrow.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Typical road playoff game.... Bad blocking, bad db reaction, lazy routes... Bigat played a great game but I didnt get any help :/
That's JRuss talk! "Dey not making plays fo me!"

I feel ya. :'(

Lonestar

So why hasn't the Super Bowl been played. It's like the perfect day to end it. Fireworks are going off now, as if to say "yay, we're done with Madden 10!"

wow looks like it was an intense game.... with no 4th quarter scoring!?

congrats crow.... the only 2 time winner!

p.s. crow are you even a broncos fan? i can't remember if you were or if that was just the team that was left. and if not, who are you a fan of?

BigAT

Somnia said:
Looks like it was a good defensive game.
Indeed it was. Meriweather is a beast of a defensive back. He can just linger back there, destroy people after they get their hands on the ball and break up passes. I checked after the game and my receivers had 5 drops, and it felt like all of them were in big situations. :(

My defense was stout for most of the game. Nearly the entirety of the scoring I allowed came on two long, kind of flukey plays. You would think Mike Thomas was rated 98, not 78.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901288
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901181

It got down to about a minute left in the game, I needed a touchdown. 4th and 21 (goal) to go, my last shot to win it and this happens:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901223

UGH. I think you can probably here me screaming in the highlight.

Quite a finish. GG Crow.

Somnia

BigAT said:
Indeed it was. Meriweather is a beast of a defensive back. He can just linger back there, destroy people after they get their hands on the ball and break up passes. I checked after the game and my receivers had 5 drops, and it felt like all of them were in big situations. :(

My defense was stout for most of the game. Nearly the entirety of the scoring I allowed came on two long, kind of flukey plays. You would think Mike Thomas was rated 98, not 78.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901288
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901181

It got down to about a minute left in the game, I needed a touchdown. 4th and 21 (goal) to go, my last shot to win it and this happens:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901223

UGH. I think you can probably here me screaming in the highlight.

Quite a finish. GG Crow.

It's the Titans all over again

TheCrow

Great game BigAT. My safetys had a big game making your receivers unable to bring down big receptions. While your defense completely shut down my running game with many stops on 3rd and short.

Here were the two previous plays before that tense 4 and 21 play.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901887
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/21901924

Now Jake Scott can retire with two rings and Tebow will have to replace come Madden 11. And FMT I am not actually a fan of the Broncos or any other team. But if any Bronco fan does try to join the league I will say that I am and always was a lifelong fan. :D

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow looks like it was an intense game.... with no 4th quarter scoring!?

congrats crow.... the only 2 time winner!

p.s. crow are you even a broncos fan? i can't remember if you were or if that was just the team that was left. and if not, who are you a fan of?

Pretty sure he said the other day that he doesn't even have a favorite team. :lol

edit: beaten like a red headed step child.

Lonestar

So, anyone want to see what the draft class would have been if we kept going? Can I get the commish spot at some point?

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
So, anyone want to see what the draft class would have been if we kept going? Can I get the commish spot at some point?
Please do I'd like to see the progressions also and maybe brady and gonzalez come back to life.

DCX

BigAT

Somnia said:
Man I would have thrown my controller :lol
I dropped mine in absolute depression. I thought Jennings would have more than enough room to get in after he made his cut that deep and to watch him get dropped so close...it was heartbreaking.

Lonestar

Heh, after all this time: Aaron Ross is back up to 86 rating, and is my best CB. Hobbs and Butler down to 82.

Taylor is a 94, Bellows is a 93, Tribow is an 80. The LB I got off the trade with Wellie is an 86 (from 80) Cassell down to 86.

Somnia

Someone should post Romo, Witten, Felix Jones and Montez (wr rookie last year) ratings for me! That and Patch my Safety rookie from last year! Much appreciated if you do this :D

Top Bottom