• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Somnia said:
Bleh just release the Cowboys ratings already espn!

Dallas Cowboys 7/12
Atlanta Falcons 7/21
Detroit Lions: 7/20
Green Bay Packers 7/19
Carolina Panthers 7/21
Jacksonville Jaguars 7/8
New York Giants 7/13
San Francisco 49ers 7/14
Philadelphia Eagles 7/13
Arizona Cardinals 7/15
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7/22
Chicago Bears 7/19
St. Louis Rams 7/15
Washington Redskins 7/12
New Orleans Saints 7/22
Seattle Seahawks 7/14
Tennessee Titans 7/8
Minnesota Vikings 7/20

Rorschach

I just noticed the swagger rating is on ESPN. The only player on my team with heavy Swagger is Janikowski. :lol :lol

[edit] Peyton Manning 75 swagger. Jason Campbell 79 swagger! Suck it, Luke!

[edit2] WTF?! Brady has 96 swagger!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I just noticed the swagger rating is on ESPN. The only player on my team with heavy Swagger is Janikowski. :lol :lol

Isn't the swagger rating *only* for TD celebrations?

So real life Brady must exhaust himself just by celebrating all the TDs he throws.
lvEyC.gif

Leads me to believe that it's more than just a TD celebration rating as was said by EA. Brady doesn't really celebrate much. Can't wait to have my players get "rattled" because of some imaginary made up bullshit. Reminds me of that one NCAA iteration where if you were the away team, 3rd and long was impossible because all your guys were rattled.

Somnia

Rorschach said:

Of course Brady has a high swagger. He is always banging a model and can make the refs flag any player whenever he wants even if he's on the sidelines!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:

Ryan Diem RT Colts - 29 Swagger

I need to get him the ball in the redzone.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Isn't the swagger rating *only* for TD celebrations?

So real life Brady must exhaust himself just by celebrating all the TDs he throws.
lvEyC.gif

Leads me to believe that it's more than just a TD celebration rating as was said by EA. Brady doesn't really celebrate much. Can't wait to have my players get "rattled" because of some imaginary made up bullshit. Reminds me of that one NCAA iteration where if you were the away team, 3rd and long was impossible because all your guys were rattled.
It's not just for celebrations. The swagger rating is kinda like a multiplier for good play. If your player makes a good play, he gains momentum and how much he gets is based on the swagger rating.

Somnia said:
Of course Brady has a high swagger. He is always banging a model and can make the refs flag any player whenever he wants even if he's on the sidelines!
That's the PUSS rating!

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Draft run tonight at 7cst?

Sure, I guess that sounds good.

I'll use the Evil Eye button when I use Brady. I'm sure I'll be able to achieve Great Victory.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
It's not just for celebrations. The swagger rating is kinda like a multiplier for good play. If your player makes a good play, he gains momentum and how much he gets is based on the swagger rating.
Where'd you see that?

"The "Old Spice Swagger" rating determines the likelihood of a player to celebrate on the way to the endzone, or after a touchdown. For example, a running back like Adrian Peterson (99 rating) has a greater tendency to celebrate than Frank Gore (50 rating)."

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=422657

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So with all the buzz about this new picture showing the "Swagger" Rating and with the revealing of player ratings yesterday with the Jets and the Dolphins, I decided to email EA last night to see what was up.

Here was the response from Justin Dewiel, EA Community Manager for Tiburon Titles, when I asked him for a description of the "Swagger" rating and if there was any effect on the field because of it.

The response:

Hey Shop,

Here's our official breakdown of the rating:

The "Old Spice Swagger" rating determines the likelihood of a player to celebrate on the way to the endzone, or after a touchdown. For example, a running back like Adrian Peterson (99 rating) has a greater tendency to celebrate than Frank Gore (50 rating).

I then emailed back asking if the ratings go up or down depending on the performance of the individual or if they ever change. I got this response from Ian cummings; Lead Developer for Madden 11.

No.

Not sure who started that rumor or speculation. It's purely a set personality rating.

So there you have it. The new "Swagger" Rating is a set rating based on the personality of that player. This means someone like Ocho Cinco probably has a 99 "Swagger" rating.

So with this in mind, who are the top players according to their "Swagger" rating?

Here are my top 5 and what I think they should be rated.

1. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson - 99
2. Adrian Peterson - 99 (Already given in the response)
3. Terell Owens - 99
4. Derel Revis - 97
5. Ed Reed - 97

http://www.mymaddenpad.com/articles/223.php

Lonestar

Brandon Deaderick needs more Swagger than 66. He got shot and played in a football game 5 days later.

Injury Rating shouldn't be 95, but 100.

BigAT

Has anyone ever brought up to the team that there's no more intelligent display of attributes like there used to be in (much) older versions? That is, displaying the attributes that matter for a player first based on what position he plays.

I shouldn't have to scroll through 35 attributes about how good my punter is at play-action passes and how his run block footwork is in order to view his kicking accuracy. It's retarded they never fixed the way stats are displayed.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Has anyone ever brought up to the team that there's no more intelligent display of attributes like there used to be in (much) older versions? That is, displaying the attributes that matter for a player first based on what position he plays.

I shouldn't have to scroll through 35 attributes about how good my punter is at play-action passes and how his run block footwork is in order to view his kicking accuracy. It's retarded they never fixed the way stats are displayed.
:lol Yeah, I hate that. And then, when you flip through positions, you're still scrolled all the way to punter rating so you have to scroll all the way back. It also makes the draft a pain in the ass in the later rounds.

As recently as Madden 09, we've had the ability to get a quick glance at ratings and stats, but that mysteriously went away with 10. :|

Rorschach

Son of a bitch! Something always comes up... ok, something came up so I'm not gonna be around at 7 CST, but I'll set Lonestar up as commish and y'all can get to it. :|

[edit] Damnit, turns out I can make it, but I already transferred commish anyway. :p

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
LBJ is the second best player in a league where a team with just one really good player elevates most any team to a playoff spot. McNabb isn't even a top ten QB in a league where he is one of 11 guys that aren't even on the field half the time. I fail to see how the comparison is apt.

I agree it's dumb, I'm not going to watch it. I am sure the twitter and facebook world will be set on fire as soon as he makes a decision, so I'll know right away. I agree that the NBA is a tough league to follow due to both the game itself and some of the organizational rules, but us Knicks fans have been waiting for this for two years so it's hard not to at least have a little faith.

Listening to Evan Roberts this morning is what convinced me on this viewpoint. There's a mistake. :|

Well, since it seems like 28 of 30 teams make the NBA playoffs, I just want to make it once and have a shot, then next year sign Carmelo Anthony too. :D

Fuck the NBA right in it's dirty corrupt ass hole. I hope David Stern dies in the most painful way imaginable.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
This is an excellent day my friends, Lebron is coming to NY. Here is why:

1) Bosh is joining Wade in Miami. Unless Miami trades Beasely (highly unlikely), they will not have the money to bring in LBJ. Further, that'd still be Wade's team.

2) LBJ has expressed interest in playing with another max player. Right now Miami can't afford him, the Hawks can't either, and the Knicks are the only other team to sign a max player. Nets are pretty much eliminated at this point unless they can make a trade for CP3, tho Chicago does still have D-Rose.

3) Why would LBJ hold an hour long televised press conference to announce he is returning to Cleveland?

The proof is in the pudding my friends. I never go into NBA-GAF because they are a bunch of douches (especially CB3 and Smokey) but I am sure someone in there would agree. The only problem will be all these people that are "Cleveland Fans" getting DMczaf-itis and suddenly becoming New York fans. I hope DCX gets to control the Knicks in future iterations of the NBA leagues (I've always wanted to play but I don't like basketball enough to use another team, DCX can attest to it).

Tomorrow night will be great. LBJ, Gallo, Amar'e..... and two league minimum guys... as our starting five. :D

big-boss-salute.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
35356_407805683261_500313261_4416870_1176925_n.jpg

So is Lone just going to start going around and following the best team in the league like he does with the NFL? You can choose Miami, Orlando, or LAL now. No need to rush your choice.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
35356_407805683261_500313261_4416870_1176925_n.jpg

So is Lone just going to start going around and following the best team in the league like he does with the NFL? You can choose Miami, Orlando, or LAL now. No need to rush your choice.
Best course of action:

Continue not giving a crap about Basketball!

Sanjuro

Hey. Just checking in here. Planning on getting the game early this year, seeing if the Patriots are still available for league play? I haven't done NFL-GAF in a while now.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Hey. Just checking in here. Planning on getting the game early this year, seeing if the Patriots are still available for league play? I haven't done NFL-GAF in a while now.

were you in any of our leagues prior? i can't remember unless you had a different sn :(

anyways, lonestar has the patties. he's not really a pats fan, but i lured him into madden '08 by telling him i'd give him the best team in the league and it has continued on from there!

i'll probably start a league interest thread in a week or so though!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
he's on my xbox live friends list. its either from this or 2k

Get on the madden awards too slacker

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
were you in any of our leagues prior? i can't remember unless you had a different sn :(

anyways, lonestar has the patties. he's not really a pats fan, but i lured him into madden '08 by telling him i'd give him the best team in the league and it has continued on from there!

It's not like I haven't been around since XBox 1 :p

Even going back to one of the latter PS2 leagues.

Too bad Alexander got old and busted.

Sanjuro

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I played in the 2K leagues a while ago. I'm a legit Pats fan though. I was the Bears in the league and traded my entire defense away for Brady.

CB was the Eagles I remember. I'm not sure if you were in there FMT, it's been a while ago.

Lonestar

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I played in the 2K leagues a while ago. I'm a legit Pats fan though. I was the Bears in the league and traded my entire defense away for Brady.

CB was the Eagles I remember. I'm not sure if you were in there FMT, it's been a while ago.

Let's talk :lol

Rorschach

I better get manual defender! I can do every position!

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm not sure if you were in there FMT, it's been a while ago.
He's been in ever official Madden league, so you probably weren't in our league.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
I better get manual defender! I can do every position!

He's been in ever official Madden league, so you probably weren't in our league.

Pft. I was playing Linebacker this year as well.

Top Bottom