• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob

Why do I Play this game anymore? :lol

I stop the cards on 3 straight possessions and it disconnects with my leading. I take the possession on a new game and I fumble it away on the first drive returned for a td. :lol

:/

BigAT

Maybe something is up with the servers? DM and I just tried to get our game started and both times we got disconnected from the franchise server before the coin toss was even done.

BigAT said:
Maybe something is up with the servers? DM and I just tried to get our game started and both times we got disconnected from the franchise server before the coin toss was even done.
Sounds like Dcx and I. Seems like you'll have to play unranked to allow the winner to play the CPU.

DMczaf

BigAT said:
DM did direct connect his and I had DMZ up on mine.

I couldn't direct connect on the last try, my sister was doing something on her laptop that needed a connection.

I can try direct connect when we try again later though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
jesus_warner.jpg

Mrbob

Astro I went and looked at all the replays after the game. You PA on 12 of your 22 total pass attempts with Warner.

I didn't deserve to win the game but I don't think we can PA that much in games. It puts the defense out of position quite a bit because the AI is stupid to react.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ran it more than you too, especially on first and second, even though i kept getting stuffed except for that big run.

what is the allowable %? i find the idea that i would "abuse" anything absolutely hilarious since i haven't played madden in six years and barely know the basics much less how to abuse anything but if there's a defined ratio and that ratio is below 12/22 i'd be more than happy to keep track throughout the game to make sure i stay within that ratio as long as everyone else does as well.

Mrbob

You ran it later in the game when it was pretty much over. This is why you cant rely solely on number of rushes. You used the PA pass to build up your lead over the first 3 quarters, then when conservative in the 4th.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol ok whatever.

like i said if there is a rule that PAs have to be below a certain % i'd of course be happy to follow it. i saw some discussion before about PA on "nearly every down" but i wasn't aware that anyone considered PA on <20% of plays within that and "abuse" especially when you run on first to set it up.

Mrbob

So calling PA pass on 3 straight plays in the 2nd quarter is ok? Good to know. Especially since you were getting stuffed on the ground all game. The only real run you had was that 52 yard run where you broke off 4 of my guys and ran it into the end zone.

Like I said, its easy to manipulate stats. But whatever I'm not getting into an argument about this game again. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ps i now consider myself a full fledged member of the league
pps there's no question you are a way better player than me dude and would win 4/5 times we played probably i got lucky on some turnovers and whatnot but i thought i called a really balanced offense, even more so than there's certainly any obligation to. most games i pass it way more. like i said if <20% PAs breaks some rule i'd be more than happy to follow it provided i have some notice.

Mrbob

Don't flatter me, i"m really not that good this year. :lol

I was told before the season starts to lay off the PA pass. Rors almost quit over the issue, I'm not. :lol It was a red flag I noticed, that is all. I'm not mad either, just wanted some clarification on the issue. I really don't want the win nor did I deserve it.

Striker

Warner is probably great at PA passes, so it's probably a bigger issue than say if FMT, Rors, or myself did because our QB's PA ratings are much, much lower.

I wasn't playing, though, so... :\

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mrbob said:
I can assure you it's not flattery. See any of my games against Rors where he beats me by 35+ points on average for reference.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As predicted, another L against Smokey.

One thing I don't understand is why my D is lights out to start games and then falls apart at the end. Unlike in previous Maddens there is no overall fatigue rating.

Smokey

Hey AstroLad, at least your opponent actually looked at the stats at the end of the game to tell you how many PA's you attempted, which was evidence to back up his claim.

My previous opponent simply said I did it "100%" of the time:lol

----

Anyways...gg Wellie. It's crazy. I scored 21 pts in the 4th against the Raiders, and in our game I scored 29 in the 4th. It was definitely a tale of two halves. In the beginning my defense couldn't stop Jacobs for shit :(. Dude wouldn't go down for anything.

LT had his 2nd straight 100+ yrd game so that was gravy.

First half I was mainly pissed off at the tipped passes, and tipped INTs. Also when my guys got both hands on the ball on defense, they wouldn't catch it which only added to my frustrations.

Oh, and I looked at the replays. You should've challenged that Jacobs fumble that happened in the late 3rd qtr. He was clearly down after viewing it, but when I watched it at game speed you couldn't really tell because there were so many bodies around. That play was huge. I was down 3-14 at that point and the fumble occured on your 30 yd line giving me good FG position. That play also set up me up for the rest of the game. Scored 35 consecutive points after that play.

TheCrow

GG Ram

I always get fucked in the beginning of games. But then I was able to keep it respectable. Parker was good but that run where you just bounced it outside was so frustrating. I love how my D allows me to get close but then when I need a stop your receivers make crazy jumping catches. :(

Ramirez

TheCrow said:
GG Ram

I always get fucked in the beginning of games. But then I was able to keep it respectable. Parker was good but that run where you just bounced it outside was so frustrating. I love how my D allows me to get close but then when I need a stop your receivers make crazy jumping catches. :(

Yea, I just saw the entire D coming middle and the play was actually designed that way, but I managed to get lucky and kick it outside. My passing game consists of lucky catches, without Holmes it's hard to do anything consistent, none of them can get off bumps it seems.

TheCrow

It seems we were both missing our second receivers. Hines Ward only had one catch but it was huge. And I had no idea what happen on that wide open TD pass. I ran a cover two and the play action just fucked up all of the AI.

Ramirez

TheCrow said:
It seems we were both missing our second receivers. Hines Ward only had one catch but it was huge. And I had no idea what happen on that wide open TD pass. I ran a cover two and the play action just fucked up all of the AI.

Yea, normally Sweed would have let that one squirt through his hands. :lol

That sack on the handoff makes about the 4th time that's happened to me this year, my D hasn't even come close to doing that. :|

TheCrow

First time I have got one. I think I blitzed all of my LBs. I feel pretty good since I didn't throw picks
fuck fumbles
and the game was competitive. 1-7 now, so hopefully I can get a pretty high draft pick. Maybe next year I can actually get some wins. :lol

LiveWire

Just got back from the Skins-Rams game. What. The. Fuck. :|

DCX, looks like I got stuck with SD-Bal on TV, so you wanna knock our game out before the Giants-Cowboys game?

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:

DCX, looks like I got stuck with SD-Bal on TV, so you wanna knock our game out before the Giants-Cowboys game?
lets rumble...

DCX

LiveWire said:

what the fuck indeed. i mean i'll take any win, but that was pathetic. four trips inside the 10 i believe and 9 points. not one attempt at a lob up to a tall wr.

DCX

DCX
Fuck this game for real...the fumble pileup mini game HAS TO GO!!! Clearly i had 2-3 guys on the ball and it waited for a Redskin to jump on and i lost the fumble...twice this happened this game, my god...3rd and 22 in a nickel D, easy first down every time, man what am i doing wrong back there...

GG Live, just venting...Portis is a beast and so is Cambell apparently with his 3rd and forever conversions :lol

DCX

LiveWire

sableholic said:
what the fuck indeed. i mean i'll take any win, but that was pathetic. four trips inside the 10 i believe and 9 points. not one attempt at a lob up to a tall wr.

Yea. People were booing after the last kneeldown, not sure if you could hear that on the TV broadcast. :lol

At least this head coach makes use of his tall WRs. Marko Mitchell came up HUGE with two first down conversions on the last-ditch drive to try and win the game. 1st and goal, down 21-17. Failed all 4 downs. :( Fuck, if I wasn't out of the playoffs before, I am now. My only hope is to run the NFC East table. :lol

Yea, gg DCX. Dead even game, turnovers even and yardage mostly even. I shouldn't have gambled quite as much and just taken the 3 easy points early in the 4th so I was only down 1. But I figured going up 3 would be better, and I swore I put better touch on that ball intended for Cooley. The ninja LBs returned for a play or two. :lol

I just didn't have faith that Carlos "LookitmeImissedanothertackle" Rogers or any of my DBs would wrap up Roddy or Jenkins if they got the ball in space on your next drive.

Oh, and that INT return was godlike. I was trying everything with Portis to catch up. I still nearly managed to hold you to 3! :D

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Yea. People were booing after the last kneeldown, not sure if you could hear that on the TV broadcast. :lol

At least this head coach makes use of his tall WRs. Marko Mitchell came up HUGE with two first down conversions on the last-ditch drive to try and win the game. 1st and goal, down 21-17. Failed all 4 downs. :( Fuck, if I wasn't out of the playoffs before, I am now. My only hope is to run the NFC East table. :lol

Yea, gg DCX. Dead even game, turnovers even and yardage mostly even. I shouldn't have gambled quite as much and just taken the 3 easy points early in the 4th so I was only down 1. But I figured going up 3 would be better, and I swore I put better touch on that ball intended for Cooley. The ninja LBs returned for a play or two. :lol

I just didn't have faith that Carlos "LookitmeImissedanothertackle" Rogers or any of my DBs would wrap up Roddy or Jenkins if they got the ball in space on your next drive.

Oh, and that INT return was godlike. I was trying everything with Portis to catch up. I still nearly managed to hold you to 3! :D
holy shit Lofton was shoving people off left and right and i couldn't believe he almost beat out Portis in a foot race!! I mean he had him beat for 40 yards :lol :lol

DCX

bluemax

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
Bluemax, when do you want to play? I should be free tonight after MNF and tomorrow night.

Either one will probably work for me. I'll try and post on here after MNF if that time is good.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bluemax said:
Either one will probably work for me. I'll try and post on here after MNF if that time is good.

To be honest, tomorrow will work better for me. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and already yawning! Tomorrow night is better. Sorry dude.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:

I was told before the season starts to lay off the PA pass. Rors almost quit over the issue, I'm not. :lol It was a red flag I noticed, that is all. I'm not mad either, just wanted some clarification on the issue. I really don't want the win nor did I deserve it.

xfqhwh.gif

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

I didn't almost quit over that.

Fifty

I forget when we advanced the week. There are only 4 games left. FMT/Rors, do you think we'll be advancing on late tuesday?

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I forget when we advanced the week. There are only 4 games left. FMT/Rors, do you think we'll be advancing on late tuesday?
Deadline is Wednesday. I doubt we get these games done by Tuesday, but we'll see.

Oh, and FMT left the franchise. It was the only way I agreed to come back.

Top Bottom