• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Deadline is Wednesday. I doubt we get these games done by Tuesday, but we'll see.

Oh, and FMT left the franchise. It was the only way I agreed to come back.
Looking forward to the rematch with Bluemax. I am not even going to hype this up as being a battle for NFC West domination. Just a test of pure grit and determination.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
CB thanks for reminding me how great a day yesterday was! Look at those cat like reflexes of Cutler. Such a stud.
Great reflexes on a blind QB will get you nowhere. Seriously, was he high or was his blood sugar extremely low?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's funny that Cutler gif really does remind me of exactly how I feel when my blood sugar is super low (Cutler is my Type 1 bro).

Birdman02

Anybody know the best way to get in touch with Malley? I haven't seen him post in here in a while, and xbl says the last time he signed in was 6 days ago.

Fifty

I wonder if last night was the quiestest night we've had in this thread so far. I guess everyone needs a break once in a while.

Artadius

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me dropping in here to ask a few questions. The gaming forum topic is pretty dead and you folks are more in the know anyways.

I'm running a league on 360 with some former WoW guildies and we're all pretty bad at Madden. None of us have really played an EA football game for many years so we're kind of having to learn from scratch. Eight of us in the league and we're playing on Pro difficulty, 8 minute quarters with 15 second runoff.

So we're about halfway through our season and really having some issues/complaints. Curious to hear your thoughts on these...

1. Online difficulty seems WAY different than offline difficulty. Almost every person in the league also has an offline franchise they're playing on Pro difficulty. Each of us report annihilating the CPU on Pro offline... but that is almost never the case with online. The CPU plays much harder online it seems like. Is this a 'feature'?

2. Online CPU almost always passes. Most player game stats vs. CPU show about a 10% - 90% run - pass play selection. With pass coverage being suspect and run blocking being poor, it seems the CPU knows this and seeks to exploit it.

3. Where the hell are the patches we've heard about?

bluemax

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
To be honest, tomorrow will work better for me. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and already yawning! Tomorrow night is better. Sorry dude.

No worries, I forgot last night was the start of House the only tv show I actually watch anymore.

Tonight should be good. I have to get dog food before the store closes but I think somewhere around 8:30pm 9:00pm PST should be manageable.

Astro if I'm not too tired I'll see about fitting you in after that.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bluemax said:
No worries, I forgot last night was the start of House the only tv show I actually watch anymore.

Tonight should be good. I have to get dog food before the store closes but I think somewhere around 8:30pm 9:00pm PST should be manageable.

Astro if I'm not too tired I'll see about fitting you in after that.

I'll jump on at 9 PST. Tonight is fine for me.

Rorschach

Have Lonestar/Pheeniks talked about their game yet?

Artadius said:
1. Online difficulty seems WAY different than offline difficulty. Almost every person in the league also has an offline franchise they're playing on Pro difficulty. Each of us report annihilating the CPU on Pro offline... but that is almost never the case with online. The CPU plays much harder online it seems like. Is this a 'feature'?
I wouldn't know about Pro since I've never played it, but All-Pro is exactly the same online as it is offline. Our guys still completely blow out the AI when scheduled against the CPU. Heck, maybe even moreso, unfortunately. And, of course, if you're playing against a buddy it will be even harder because of the human element.

2. Online CPU almost always passes. Most player game stats vs. CPU show about a 10% - 90% run - pass play selection. With pass coverage being suspect and run blocking being poor, it seems the CPU knows this and seeks to exploit it.
When you stop the run, they stop trying to run. Also, when they're behind, they'll pretty much abandon the run. CPU doesn't have a brain. :p It's not trying to find exploits to win. It's just following the those guidelines. Pro and Rookie just make them even more predictable.

3. Where the hell are the patches we've heard about?
It's supposedly coming this week.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've kind of been around, coming off a bye week didn't help things out. I'll be around tonight PH.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
sent you a pm back Bird.. I apologize.. I have been out of town on business and will not be back in Jersey until friday. this is my busy season on the road..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Malleymal said:
sent you a pm back Bird.. I apologize.. I have been out of town on business and will not be back in Jersey until friday. this is my busy season on the road..
Why don't you just finally tell people that you play for the Giants?

Rorschach

Malley: please give a commish heads up about these things beforehand if it's possible. We've been able to make workaround for some players so they miss as few games as possible.

Birdman: sent you a PM.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Great reflexes on a blind QB will get you nowhere. Seriously, was he high or was his blood sugar extremely low?

How would I know I wasn't on the field with him. :p

My guess it was his blood sugar. He needs to get tested every quarter and the game was almost over by then!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I know this is SUPER HYPER INSANE TECHNOLOGY that may or may not make it into Madden 15, but I really wish during online franchise games they'd flash players' season stats. For example, let's say a receiver is about to hit 1000 yards, show that. Someone's leading the league in sacks? Show that. Would add a lot to the immersion. It's really fun being in the league, but the atmosphere stuff in the game in general is pretty wack.

Just between not being able to see league leaders online (well w/o the workaround), lack of in-game stats, etc. they really don't do much to make it feel like an ongoing league.

Fifty

AstroLad said:
I know this is SUPER HYPER INSANE TECHNOLOGY that may or may not make it into Madden 15, but I really wish during online franchise games they'd flash players' season stats. For example, let's say a receiver is about to hit 1000 yards, show that. Someone's leading the league in sacks? Show that. Would add a lot to the immersion. It's really fun being in the league, but the atmosphere stuff in the game in general is pretty wack.

Just between not being able to see league leaders online (well w/o the workaround), lack of in-game stats, etc. they really don't do much to make it feel like an ongoing league.

Good idea

Yeah, that's one my favorite things about the offline franchise. They already have those presentation overlays. I can't imagine it'd be that hard to take the stats from the server and integrate them into those for online franchises. Then again, EA often doesn't do even the simplest of things.

Birdman02

Malleymal said:

It's no problem...no need to apologize. I just wanted to let people know why we hadn't played.

Rors, you have a PM.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fifty said:
Good idea

Yeah, that's one my favorite things about the offline franchise. They already have those presentation overlays. I can't imagine it'd be that hard to take the stats from the server and integrate them into those for online franchises. Then again, EA often doesn't do even the simplest of things.
Also end-of-season awards, pro bowl and the like. I pretty much call BS on all of EA's claims of "it's too hard; you guys want too much!!!!1 we can't do it all! maybe next year" when a gaffer made their online franchise site 100x better all by himself in a day.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
Also end-of-season awards, pro bowl and the like. I pretty much call BS on all of EA's claims of "it's too hard; you guys want too much!!!!1 we can't do it all! maybe next year" when a gaffer made their online franchise site 100x better all by himself in a day.
I'm pretty upset that the mods have not done Power Rankings, Player of the week, play of the week awards and the such...we've done it for League Daddy and now we have online franchise we do nothing :(

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
I'm pretty upset that the mods have not done Power Rankings, Player of the week, play of the week awards and the such...we've done it for League Daddy and now we have online franchise we do nothing :(

DCX
FMT said he was gonna do that. I'd do it, but then people get butthurt about the rankings and the comments in them. Maybe I'll do rankings without the comments. The Bills are owning the league quietly. We can't have that!

I was doing stat rankings, but no one was paying attention. Plus, you have sable's script now! :D

PS: PM Sent, Birdman. :]

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
FMT said he was gonna do that. I'd do it, but then people get butthurt about the rankings and the comments in them. Maybe I'll do rankings without the comments. The Bills are owning the league quietly. We can't have that!

Ugh, why do we have so many softies in this league.
Do it with comments.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
I'd do it, but then people get butthurt about the rankings and the comments in them. ]

Really? REALLY? Anyone who gets offended by a joke in the power rankings should be kicked out of the league. I don't remember anything about that in the past. I made lots of jokes and no one ever complained that I knew of.

Do it. I haven't taken the initiative because A) I'm busier than I was in the LD years and B) we don't have a nice interface like we did on LD by which to do them.

and DCX, "pretty upset" are strong words to use. We complain about EA, because all of Tiburon hasn't done what one of our members did in a brief amount of time. They get paid to work on Madden. FMT, myself, Rors, anyone else who did the Rankings back in LD did it for free. I spent hours finding youtube clips for the rankings last year. I hated when I settled for writing boring comments.

Now, with no special knowledge or site abilities held by us (beyond the few things FMT can do), anyone has the power to work on them. Instead of getting upset, do them yourself!

TheCrow

Rorschach said:

I was doing stat rankings, but no one was paying attention. Plus, you have sable's script now! :D

PS: PM Sent, Birdman. :]

Another vote for power rankings. As long as I am the highest ranked 1-7 team.

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:

Wasn't this all in NCAA online dynasty last year?

It wouldn't be that hard to do the code for it obviously exists since it happens in offline franchise. Probably bad logic not checking the right gameflag or something. I could probably make this work in less than a week depending upon what their codebase looks like.

FIddy, I think DCX used a poor choice of words in his spiel. Can't imagine that he'd have the audacity to purposely call you guys out considering the amount of time required to make those rankings fun.

I miss the weekly extras too, but we are all busier now so I understand something has to give. Those YouTube edition rankings were classic though!

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Really? REALLY? Anyone who gets offended by a joke in the power rankings should be kicked out of the league. I don't remember anything about that in the past. I made lots of jokes and no one ever complained that I knew of.

Do it. I haven't taken the initiative because A) I'm busier than I was in the LD years and B) we don't have a nice interface like we did on LD by which to do them.

and DCX, "pretty upset" are strong words to use. We complain about EA, because all of Tiburon hasn't done what one of our members did in a brief amount of time. They get paid to work on Madden. FMT, myself, Rors, anyone else who did the Rankings back in LD did it for free. I spent hours finding youtube clips for the rankings last year. I hated when I settled for writing boring comments.

Now, with no special knowledge or site abilities held by us (beyond the few things FMT can do), anyone has the power to work on them. Instead of getting upset, do them yourself!
1- Falcons
32- Ravens
:D

Man, everyone's touchy round this time...

I'll keep my mouth shut, hate to give Shawn reasons to point out my flaws in forum speak

DCX

LiveWire

I loved the Power Rankings. It was hilarious to see how many new ways FMT and Fiddy could slam shitty teams. :lol

Oh and a little OT, did anyone get Halo ODST? I picked it up on a whim since I had some gift cards from my birthday to Best Buy. The Firefight mode is pretty fun, but it seems no one on my friend list is playing it?? If you did get it and are playing please let me know.

dskillzhtown

LiveWire said:
I loved the Power Rankings. It was hilarious to see how many new ways FMT and Fiddy could slam shitty teams. :lol

Oh and a little OT, did anyone get Halo ODST? I picked it up on a whim since I had some gift cards from my birthday to Best Buy. The Firefight mode is pretty fun, but it seems no one on my friend list is playing it?? If you did get it and are playing please let me know.

I got it. I was trying to play through the campaign on Heroic and was getting my ass kicked in some spots. I am totally rusty on Halo. I'll try Firefight with you one day.

Bluemax are you ready to rumble?

bluemax

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
I'll jump on at 9 PST. Tonight is fine for me.

I'm jumping on soon. I'll probably just hit up practice mode until I see you on.

dskillzhtown said:
I got it. I was trying to play through the campaign on Heroic and was getting my ass kicked in some spots. I am totally rusty on Halo. I'll try Firefight with you one day.

Bluemax are you ready to rumble?

Ooops, yeah I'll be on in like 2 minutes.

Striker

LiveWire said:

Yes. I think Wellie is as well.

dskillzhtown

bluemax said:
C'mon this is bull shit. What is going on with the inter tubes tonight.

This is the last try. If it craps out again I am going to bed. I have work in a few hours.

bluemax

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
This is the last try. If it craps out again I am going to bed. I have work in a few hours.

No worries man. Don't mess up your sleep schedule for this game, I think we still have tomorrow.

Rorschach

I'm not gonna repeat what I always say.

Anyway, you do have tomorrow. Lonestar/Pheeniks game isn't done. Just remember that we do have a deadline and it's going to be upheld. Unless some more shit happens. :(

dskillzhtown

GG. I just hate games that I have 10 pass deflections and just one INT. My defenders all had stones for hands except for one play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:

I'm DEFINITELY getting it as I am a big time Halo fan (campaign mode... I am even nerdy enough to have read all the books). Problem is I am moving this weekend so i am spending all of my free time right now working on my house. Hopefully by Sunday night I'll be settled in. I won't even have a couch though. :lol

I guess it's a perfect time to have a bye week. Been playing below my standard since I only play the league games and nothing in between. :(

Top Bottom