• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LJ11

I'm not sure why you put him back into the game after the 2nd injury, I yanked Trent after his 2nd. It's not worth the risk, especially since you had an uphill battle.

LJ11 said:
I'm not sure why you put him back into the game after the 2nd injury, I yanked Trent after his 2nd. It's not worth the risk, especially since you had an uphill battle.

I thought I yanked him when I kept Orlovsky in =/

I was like wtf when I saw him back in the game

Rex Grossman show next week

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think when you select the dude from that screen it just means you're not risking putting the other guy out "early" but he still comes back when he's "ready." Probably have to go into the coaching options to take him out for good.

LJ11

AstroLad said:
I think when you select the dude from that screen it just means you're not risking putting the other guy out "early" but he still comes back when he's "ready." Probably have to go into the coaching options to take him out for good.

Did not know, thanks.

Yo Blue, holler when you run tonight.

In related news, I've started up an official NBA Live 10 thread in the main gaming discussion thread. If you're interested in potentially playing in the league, drop a quick note there. With the demo available on both PS3 and 360 now, I invite you guys to check it out with an open mind and see if you want to join the revolution! :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374490

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lukems i'm seeing the yeah yeah yeah's tonight.... our game will have to take place either tomorrow night or sometime saturday! your call!

Karen+O.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:

In related news, I've started up an official NBA Live 10 thread in the main gaming discussion thread. If you're interested in potentially playing in the league, drop a quick note there. With the demo available on both PS3 and 360 now, I invite you guys to check it out with an open mind and see if you want to join the revolution! :D

I'm home and jumping online now. I don't remember what your gamer tag is so just message me when you're ready.

I'm BlueMaxMB on live.

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:

I'm not a big basketball fan and I know jack shit about the game....however I really enjoy trash talking and online leagues. Hmm....

I thought NBA2K was supposed to be better though?

LiveWire said:
I'm not a big basketball fan and I know jack shit about the game....however I really enjoy trash talking and online leagues. Hmm....

I thought NBA2K was supposed to be better though?

NBA2K being better is no longer a matter of fact anymore. Live 10 substantially closes the gap and plays a damn good game of basketball. If you're a noob, Live is more accessible. The demo is up on Marketplace, so feel free to give it a whirl.

GG Bluemax. I gutted out a tough 26-7 win, but it was closer than the score indicates. Some clutch throws by Romo really helped me get out of a pickle. Some were on target others were kinda lucky, but I'm happy to get out of dodge with a win! You have some really great defense, and I had to work for every single point I got. I can't believe you are 3-3.

Mrbob

Can I quit with Rors!? :lol

Fucking stupid ass game with its lag....

it lags on a field 25 yard fg attempt for me when im up 19 to 17 with under 3 min left in the 4th. So I completely miss as the ball is kicked short. Forces me to get aggressive on D to keep the browns out of fg range...botched play and a td. Ridiculous. :(

I should have went for it on 4th and 1 instead of trying to kick the FG! Ruined what was a good game too. Should I blame PSN for this as well?

Striker

Mrbob said:

Fucking stupid ass game with its lag....

it lags on a field 25 yard fg attempt for me when im up 19 to 17 with under 3 min left in the 4th. So I completely miss. Forces me to get aggressive on D to keep the browns out of fg range...botched play and a td. Ridiculous. :(

I should have went for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the FG!
The game has a wear time of delay on FG's, and when the camera moves to the side (I think you threw your INT on that type of play; I got sacked on it). I don't know why, but it seems things slow down offensively, but for the D player it's normal. Just my take.

Mohammad Massoquoi's 21-yard post catch was the biggest play I think I've hit in the league so far. I saw you controlling your SS and he went to the LOS area and I thought it was a perfect chance for me to strike.

So fortunate to win that, though.

P.S. I thought you would have went for it on that 4th & Short. I was wanting to go for it on 4th & 4 after your successful challenge, but I thought, hey, FG will help Dawson's stats. :\

In hindsight, it was a crucial move.

Mrbob

I was thinking about it but my line was getting destroyed all game on run plays. Forte was getting hit two yards deep all game. I took the safe play for once and it backfired! :lol But of no fault of my own. I hit that stick like 5 times after it didn't register. It went up and back down, pissed me off severely. I wanted to bust my controller smokey style but don't feel like shelling out another 40 bucks for one so I resisted!

That play is such a huge difference in the game too...being up 5 points versus 2.

Striker

Your 2-point conversion in hindsight was also huge. If you made that, plus your FG, you would have 24 points. I picked FG-block but saw you went for two, and I just audible to something random like Cover 1.

I was guessing your were raging once you missed the FG and had to pause momentarily. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i thought i was in the madden thread. apparently i stumbled into Mr. Bob's PM box instead. Hmm...

Smokey

Mrbob said:

Fucking stupid ass game with its lag....it lags on a field 25 yard fg attempt for me when im up 19 to 17 with under 3 min left in the 4th. So I completely miss as the ball is kicked short. Forces me to get aggressive on D to keep the browns out of fg range...botched play and a td. Ridiculous. :(

I should have went for it on 4th and 1 instead of trying to kick the FG! Ruined what was a good game too. Should I blame PSN for this as well?

must be that MS wireless adapter amirite?

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
GG Bluemax. I gutted out a tough 26-7 win, but it was closer than the score indicates. Some clutch throws by Romo really helped me get out of a pickle. Some were on target others were kinda lucky, but I'm happy to get out of dodge with a win! You have some really great defense, and I had to work for every single point I got. I can't believe you are 3-3.

3-4 but two of those losses were games I didn't play ;-)

Frustrating game for me, my receivers weren't getting open and I didn't get a couple of key stops when I had you running. Also all your moving on defense fucked with my head.

But I did manage to hold you down like i planned so moral victory I guess.

Mrbob

Looking at the nfc records, I think I'm pretty much toast in terms of making the playoffs. Might be time to tank the season for a better draft pick? :lol

I need a brand new offensive line and two safeties.

At the very least though, I still play the niners and eagles so I can do my best to keep them out as well! And I have two big matchups with the vikings and another with the packers later in the season, so I can still help shape how this division will turn out for season 1!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Looking at the nfc records, I think I'm pretty much toast in terms of making the playoffs. Might be time to tank the season for a better draft pick? :lol

I need a brand new offensive line and two safeties.

At the very least though, I still play the niners and eagles so I can do my best to keep them out as well! And I have two big matchups with the vikings and another with the packers later in the season, so I can still help shape how this division will turn out for season 1!
Someone is going to flip out at the NFC Wildcard situation. I am happy I have the "G"iants though! Only one that can beat me out with an equal record is Cold. ;)

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Someone is going to flip out at the NFC Wildcard situation. I am happy I have the "G"iants though! Only one that can beat me out with an equal record is Cold. ;)

Oh yeah thats right! I could still cheese my way into a playoff birth! Forgot about that. :lol

My team is like the Packers of last year. I've already had a couple crazy late 4th quarter heartbreaking losses. The difference between me being 3-4 and 5-2 right now is so extremely tiny too....I might have to do something drastic and switch to the orange jerseys for the rest of this year. I'm 2-1 with them on, and 1-3 without them!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lukems when can you play today? i'll be home at 5:30 pst and can play tonight. otherwise, tomorrow morning/afternoon? let me know!

Probably not tonight. Tomorrow a.m. should work though 10 or so?

guys luke and i are playing either early tomorrow morning or tonight if luke it around late, then i will advance.

airbrian will you be around tomorrow? i need to get our game in before i leave monday. i will be gone all next week :(

Top Bottom