• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

SMOKE

Banned
•EA Sports is planning on allowing for some sort of avenue for these hardcore fans to easily communicate with the Madden development team
•Elite players will also be the only ones in the Madden online world that will be able to play a ranked match on the All-Madden difficulty setting

Thats really all I cared for that got me to encourage EA.:D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
CB earlier would be great.... I have a photo shoot saturday afternoon and at night I am heading to Atlantic city on business for like 3 days.... the earlier the better.

Rorschach

I have SF4 on PSTriple!

Wellington said:
I am pretty sure I could crush CB3 in Marvel, SF4, and any other non-Madden game he wants to claim.

BTW, who is down to stop playing ranked games? They are too short, I get like two possessions per game!
I'm down when I get the game. I don't give a fuck about online records. Who gives a shit about that?

bluemax said:
Good news! Gamefly has shipped my copy. I should get it either Friday or Saturday. Can't wait.
Uh..you know you need that online franchise code to play in the league, right? I warned you about it before!

Ramirez said:
80% of the league has 2 weeks play time on us already. :lol
Tell me about it. :\

Smokey

12 hrs until i get the game.

and proceed to make u all fear me in madden

fmt..i plan on making you victim number one.

shawn..you're number two.

after that it's fair game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Haha, got told while in FFXI that Vick to Eagles happened, and I knew that CB3 wouldn't disappoint.

And he didn't.

sp2.jpg

woodchuck

i still feel like man coverage sucks ass . It's better than last year defending against streaks and comebacks. But it still feels worthless on crossing routes and some posts. I can understand guys like Wes Welker or whatever consistently getting open against Man Coverage. But fucking Patrick Crayton?

And my god, the pursuit angles by the defense is soooo bad. So many big plays where all you have to do is just break one tackle in the flat, and you can run 50 yards for a TD.

One thing I really do like are the different QB ratings for different distances. Also, you see more cornerbacks able to alter the routes of weaker receivers. And seeing a receiver on your team slip in the snow sucks, but it's a nice addition to the game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Haha, got told while in FFXI that Vick to Eagles happened, and I knew that CB3 wouldn't disappoint.

And he didn't.

sp2.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

my favorite picture ever

CB3

Ok listen up guys. The Draft for Yahoo FF is changing to 4:15 PST

4:15 PST

Anyone who has a problem with that blame yourselves for not speaking up when i asked multiple times.

4:15

If i see you guys on aim ill remind you but otherwise tough shit.

One more time

4:15 PST

Anyone have issue with that tell me now

CB3

god damn fucking overpowered big backs. Gore sheds 3 fucking tackles IN THE BACKFIELD one after another

stop your whining and stop being lazy on D! finish the tackles! you're trying to let the CPU do your dirty work!

you lost because of that and you love to bite on PA fakes. the air is growing cold for you friend.... one day you may be able to stand up to the mighty 49ers.... one day

p.s. was your favorite play the 3rd and long TD run? that's what you get for playing a 3 man line and spreading them :D

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stop your whining and stop being lazy on D! finish the tackles! you're trying to let the CPU do your dirty work!

you lost because of that and you love to bite on PA fakes. the air is growing cold for you friend.... one day you may be able to stand up to the mighty 49ers.... one day

I lost cause donovan fumbled at your 10 yard line and westbrook fumbled on my 10 yard line and fucking Maclin was lost for the game in the 2nd quarter.

You loved that Desean Bomb. I meant to save that but i was pissed so i quit quickly.

Westbrook was doin dirty on you. 150 yards on 17 carries. the non cheap way too!

CB3

And the roster update took out Stewart Bradley but didnt give me vick :(

Atleast Demps got an upgrade

Striker

Sorry FMT. Didn't see your message on Live until I was about to sign off.

I played a quick exhibition versus Carolina (All Pro, 12 mins., 20 sec runoff) and got stomped, 34-10.

It wasn't that I couldn't do shit offensively, but Williams shredded me. I guess that's what will happen since he's such a high rated guy, but god damn my guys could not keep up with him on the outside. Delhomme got lucky once on a deep fade to Smith who ran pass three of my defenders. -_-

Little to no pass-rush all game, either. I may try a 4-3 grouping with these guys to see how that goes, or just maybe face a lesser team.

As for the stats and time, it went pretty good. I'd be all right if we went by those settings.

I'll play tomorrow night with anybody (FMT?) after I get out of work.

CB3

just a heads up you gotta re-do your depth chart whenever there is a roster update. Kevin Bum Curtis was my starting WR for no reason. A couple other moves kinda messed me up.

FMT you loved that Post TD with Hank. I subbed him in and was looking his way the whole time. Mini Fitz!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:

I played a quick exhibition versus Carolina (All Pro, 12 mins., 20 sec runoff) and got stomped, 34-10.

It wasn't that I couldn't do shit offensively, but Williams shredded me. I guess that's what will happen since he's such a high rated guy, but god damn my guys could not keep up with him on the outside. Delhomme got lucky once on a deep fade to Smith who ran pass three of my defenders. -_-

Little to no pass-rush all game, either. I may try a 4-3 grouping with these guys to see how that goes, or just maybe face a lesser team.

As for the stats and time, it went pretty good. I'd be all right if we went by those settings.

It's taken a lot of work to get to even a respectable pass rush. You just have to live with the fact that you won't get many sacks, and at best will be hitting the QB just as he throws so that it's a duck.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Wait I thought that was just my imagination. I've almost had tackles broken on me but I keep mashing on X and my guy finishes the deal. It's happened with Pierce and Webster who are both good tacklers so I just figured it was them rather than me. Is that what you are referring to?

LJ has now handed me 3 of my 4 ranked losses. He is my new DMczaf. He even made me fumble at the goal line just like my most famous play with DM.

Striker said:

Unless you have a top team you have to blitz to get pressure and try put your best players in position to make plays like using them on zone blitzes. No one on my line is over 71 so I have to use my LB's in creative ways. No way I can just come out in 4-3 and pressure the QB.

I hope last years rule of being able to move only the person you control is changed because when you blitz the safeties don't come down to guard their man. You wouldn't even be able to man blitz because the safety would be 20yds away from the RB...and we all know how effective passing to the flats is this year.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Wellington said:
Well that's what I got it for and I have an arcade stick for it too, that's how much ass I kick.
I have SF4 on PS3 and I also have a stick. Feel free to pummel me anytime.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MWS Natural said:
Unless you have a top team you have to blitz to get pressure and try put your best players in position to make plays like using them on zone blitzes. No one on my line is over 71 so I have to use my LB's in creative ways. No way I can just come out in 4-3 and pressure the QB.

I hope last years rule of being able to move only the person you control is changed because when you blitz the safeties don't come down to guard their man. You wouldn't even be able to man blitz because the safety would be 20yds away from the RB...and we all know how effective passing to the flats is this year.
Even with my line I can't get any pressure without blitzing. I tried controlling the lowest rated player on my line (Bernard) to see if I was the problem, but I did not generate much more pressure by letting the AI control 95 rated Tuck.

The name of the game this year is definitely zone blitzes. If you go with a man blitz, even the scrub WRs break tackles and it's almost a sure TD if the pass is caught and the WR is one on one.

DCX

DCX
So, i'll have the game by the time i get home, so ass whipping to be given out start after 10pm est Sign up here:

1-

2-

3-

4-

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
So, i'll have the game by the time i get home, so ass whipping to be given out start after 10pm est Sign up here:

1- Wellington

2- Wellington

3- Wellington

4- Wellington

DCX

See you then.

cb your pass to hank baskett could have easily been picked. 2 guys there, you lucked out. same with the desean TD. i had 2 guys there and i pushed LB to knock the ball down but my guy didn't do anything (no swat attempt).

and as far as westy getting it the hard way, lolz. you got lucky i just missed a tackle. meanwhile, frank gore will always break tackles but you won't always luck out with a bad angle by me.

what happened to all that trash talk about me not being able to beat you? i'm beating up on you with a team thats like 15 points lower overall than yours. what a shame.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
cb your pass to hank baskett could have easily been picked. 2 guys there, you lucked out. same with the desean TD. i had 2 guys there and i pushed LB to knock the ball down but my guy didn't do anything (no swat attempt).

and as far as westy getting it the hard way, lolz. you got lucky i just missed a tackle. meanwhile, frank gore will always break tackles but you won't always luck out with a bad angle by me.

what happened to all that trash talk about me not being able to beat you? i'm beating up on you with a team thats like 15 points lower overall than yours. what a shame.

damn

i've never seen such dirtyness before from fmt

i like it

LJ11

I think you should try using Osi off the edge. I've had good success with Maybin, he does this shoulder dip when I push the right analog stick towards the right, and he flies past tackles (would probably be left for Osi). Doesn't happen very frequently, just enough to bring some heat without bringing more than 4.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'm not buying this BS. You've be doing exactly that for years. TRY AGAINS!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
I think you should try using Osi off the edge. I've had good success with Maybin, he does this shoulder dip when I push the right analog stick towards the right, and he flies past tackles (would probably be left for Osi). Doesn't happen very frequently, just enough to bring some heat without bringing more than 4.
This is when you manually control Maybin? Interesting. Is he more speed than power?

Depending on the tackle on Tuck, I've seen him just throw the guy aside with a flick left or right. I am getting better at pressuring, but like I mentioned above, the pressure is there, but the sacks are far less than last year. I have had success with Osi if I slide left since he is more of a speed rusher. I've also had good success with nickel backs, as long as I also blitz the LB on that side. Otherwise the RB/FB picks him up.

All this said, I like that in all my online games so far, I've been sacked like twice. :lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yeah it's a shame. CB has the best team in the NFC East even without Vick, too bad he's a graduate of the Rod Marinelli school of coaching... :lol

LJ11

Yeah, when I manually control Maybin, he's a speed rusher all the way.

I will say one thing I'm disappointed in is that buzz zones (purple routes), no longer jam receivers at the line. A few of you were torching certain coverages that I tried to mask as Cover 2, really frustrating and I didn't realize why until today.

Last year you could bump with a purple route, which allowed you to play head games with the offense. A player would see his receiver get jammed at the line and think cover 2, but it wasn't always true because he could be dropping back in a buzz. You ran Cover 2 a couple of times, get the guy thinking you're running cover 2, switching to a buzz and hope he bites on it for an interception.

Receivers now seem to have free releases, which really hurts when a nickel or dime corner is asked to drop back.

Top Bottom