• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Somnia

CB3 said:
madden10_vick1_576.jpg

:D

HoTHiTTeR

hey madden folk,

after you redeem the token to open up online franchise mode - is the token good for only 1 franchise, or can join one, drop out, start another? Basically, do you unlock it for life, or just for the 1 league?

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Wait what? What online franchise code?

You mean I have to actually buy this fucking game this year?
I told you a couple of weeks ago. :\ I guess I didn't really clarify. But yeah, you have to buy it. :\

Striker

Home finally. I'll play anyone with the 12 mins., 20 sec runoff. It went really work with CPU. What settings do you guys play under?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
For my first online game in Madden 10, all I have to say is

FUCK YOU DM!!!!!

Seriously, I haven't been DM since 2007, so I do apppreciate the competition and time.

Rorschach

HoTHiTTeR said:
hey madden folk,

after you redeem the token to open up online franchise mode - is the token good for only 1 franchise, or can join one, drop out, start another? Basically, do you unlock it for life, or just for the 1 league?
For the ability to join leagues in general. So you can do multiple.

DMczaf

dskillzhtown said:
For my first online game in Madden 10, all I have to say is

FUCK YOU DM!!!!!

Seriously, I haven't been DM since 2007, so I do apppreciate the competition and time.

Bucs blitzing is so weird :(

Tampa 2 is gone! WE BLITZIN!

Ramirez

CB3 said:
Westbrook CLUTCH

I think you mean Steelers retarded tackling clutch. :lol

I hit sticked toward Westbrook and my guy went the opposite direction! Oh well, was a good game, my running game is sad as of now. :(

Smokey

RS4- said:
GGs to dboythaGr8, I'm not sure what your username is on GAF lol.

It's way too easy to get picks, as usual, in Madden.

that was me. first time playing as the chargers. i hate the 3-4. it's got to go.

Rorschach said:
:lol :lol :lol Took a few snaps in practice with JRuss...worst qb I've seen so far. Oh, the lame ducks...they'll haunt my dreams.

Not quite!
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/images/simpsons_handshake.jpg[IMG]

What's your tag if you're still available in 30 mins? Also, what minutes are we using 12? What's the standard around here?[/QUOTE]

My GT is MWS The Natural...wait are you playing for the first time? If so you should get a couple more games in and we'll play sometime next week.

Somnia

Wow just got done playing a game vs. a buddy irl (bout to play again) and man the Bengals are ugh :lol Time to play around with the playbooks to find one I like. Benson is one of the slowest fucking starting RBs EVER!

edit: psst FMT...1 dolla to give me the Cards and I'll also throw in Leinhart :D

Rorschach

MWS Natural said:
My GT is MWS The Natural...wait are you playing for the first time? If so you should get a couple more games in and we'll play sometime next week.
Yeah, I'm a virgin!

Howabout you, somnia? You want to take my scrub ass out?!

Or maybe I'll play offline...

Striker

Played one game vs. Rams' Steelers and lost 44-21. Now keep in mind that 14 of my 21 points have came from DEF and STs. That's fucking it. My sole offensive TD came off good field position.

Offense was dreadful (didn't help facing an elite Steelers defense). Total yards 144. I thought Quinn was overall OK, but didn't help help from the running game. Jamal Lewis, 13 car., 14 yards, and Jerome Harrison 9 carries, 14 yards. -___________-

Dropped multiple passes from Rapistberger (got one sack! :() and Cribbs was dynamic (outside one stupid mistake where I didn't let the ball go and instead got whacked). Season will be tough as shit playing Steelers/Ravens twice, but I still have those other 12 games!

I had a near TD on a punt return from Cribbs, and essentially the Punter stopped my momentum from getting their scott free.

The Cribbs' return: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8467683

We did 12 mins, 20 sec runoff. The game went into blowout mode eventually. Perhaps 10 mins quarters and 20 sec runoff is better? I passed nearly 30 times and ran 30 times vs. Pittsburgh. That's about the NFL average, but I guess if you have an offense like mine, then you get things like that. :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GG CK.

My O-line in the Franchise is going to be my main target. Matt had no time to do shit and the running game was stuffed all game.

DCX said:
Played two games, i unwrapped the game and jumped in against Smokey and Weillie...now to learn the game :p 1-1 with a wacky game against Smoke, who lost on a 103 yard return by Norwood. Wellie shut me down, Turner fucking rocks in this game...i got to learn how to play this game...hopefully tonight will give me that chance.

DCX

I agree! :D Get him or Norwood into the secondary and it's big trouble.

Rorschach

Wow, Somnia, GG. I was gonna use huff on that last play, but at the last minute, I said NO! Warren! And I got the stop. :lol

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Wow, Somnia, GG. I was gonna use huff on that last play, but at the last minute, I said NO! Warren! And I got the stop. :lol

I picked the wrong damn play and had to quickly audible it to run since I was outta time outs. I thought I had the catch for a TD for a minute that got me down there. Maybe next time good sir!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's kind of late, but I'd like to try a game, to at least see how the connection goes. Any takers?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think I had a solution last year: Play on the PS3 :p

But seriously, I had to, and will have to again, run straight off the modem. My Router does not like EA Sports games online. I'll test that out tomorrow.

Before it DC'd, was it laggy? Haven't played enough, and the game already feels slow to me, but that 3 minutes of football seemed ok.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I think I had a solution last year: Play on the PS3 :p

But seriously, I had to, and will have to again, run straight off the modem. My Router does not like EA Sports games online. I'll test that out tomorrow.

Before it DC'd, was it laggy? Haven't played enough, and the game already feels slow to me, but that 3 minutes of football seemed ok.
Yeah, it was laggy.

Anyone else having trouble with kicks? I keep pressing down, leaving it pressed...always takes a few tries.

RS4-

Smokey said:
that was me. first time playing as the chargers. i hate the 3-4. it's got to go.

lol yeah, it helped with the 5 picks :lol

The Pats have some stupid set too, I'll have to go through the DBook but it's something retarded.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I actually like the 3-4. I only used it once or twice in actual leagues though. When i used the Chargers in 05 or 06 it was a tricky D. you can give alot of looks with it.

Striker said:
We did 12 mins, 20 sec runoff. The game went into blowout mode eventually. Perhaps 10 mins quarters and 20 sec runoff is better?

Agreed, 10 mins and 20 second runoffs appears to be the sweet spot!

Mrbob

Me and Luke played with 12 min and 20 second rundown as well, final score was 23-21. It did feel a little long though, and I think I would prefer knocking the time down to 10 minutes.

I temporarily joined a random online franchise to check out options, and I have some new disappointing news to share...

It wouldn't be EA if there wasn't a head-scratching omission the web stuff, and the big one is the lack of any aggregated statistics to view on the website. No league leaders, individual stats, team offensive or defensive rankings/sorting (not in game either); it's all very bare bones. :(

Some screens from the website:

Picture10.png

Picture4.png

Picture5-1.png

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

Picture9.png

Mrbob

It is sad Tiburon has had years to ape 2Ksports at the only thing they have ever done right and still isn't up to par.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
GG CK.

My O-line in the Franchise is going to be my main target. Matt had no time to do shit and the running game was stuffed all game.
Dude when you get a chance you have to tell me what you were doing to generate that pass rush. I don't recall you blitzing too often, but your four down linemen were in my face all the time.

Matt had no time to do shit because I blitzed all game. I didn't give a fuck about your receivers other than Megatron. I did a lot of cover 1 and then also assigned that safety to CJ.

Top Bottom