• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Wellington said:
Why would you not just tell her? I've just told anyone that has asked, especially if its a girl that's into me. It's a part of my life, take it or leave it. Heck, we have a few married dudes here, I'm sure their wives know.

NO! You guys are my dark deep secret!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i always just tell me wife im jackin it and pls don't come to the living room for an hour. then i put on blossom really loud

much less embarassing

Birdman02

Wellington said:
Why would you not just tell her? I've just told anyone that has asked, especially if its a girl that's into me. It's a part of my life, take it or leave it. Heck, we have a few married dudes here, I'm sure their wives know.

I wish my wife didn't know. :(

Ramirez

My wife asked me how I liked NCAA the other night, I said hey it's great, and she said, sure it is, until you start losing. :lol :(

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
My wife asked me how I liked NCAA the other night, I said hey it's great, and she said, sure it is, until you start losing. :lol :(
:lol :lol indeed...

DCX

DMczaf

Ramirez said:

:lol

That abusive mistress will soon return in 3 weeks

Rorschach

Losing in NCAA doesn't really matter.
lvEyC.gif

Miguel

This is almost as good as the rant between whoever and whoever #2 that had one of the rants end with "...BOY"

I know someone will remind me in like...3 seconds.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
This is almost as good as the rant between whoever and whoever #2 that had one of the rants end with "...BOY"

I know someone will remind me in like...3 seconds.
It was VHS Vinny vs Alcibiades in the HDDVD vs VHS wars!

I have no idea what you're talking about. :|

bluemax

Banned
My ex hated Madden league, she understood but hated it. That's why I started playing my weeknight games on Thursday night when she was gone to volunteer and trying to get my weekend matches in when she was napping.

My goal this year is to be a lot more relaxed about how I take games. I think I've finally realized what level I'm at at this game and it'll be easier for me.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
My ex hated Madden league, she understood but hated it. That's why I started playing my weeknight games on Thursday night when she was gone to volunteer and trying to get my weekend matches in when she was napping.

My goal this year is to be a lot more relaxed about how I take games. I think I've finally realized what level I'm at at this game and it'll be easier for me.
I'm still at the belief i can get better haha. My wife doesn't mind me playing. There are times i have played in "primetime" but most of the time i play when she and the kids are sleeping.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:

The level of "With a little more practice you'd make the playoffs"? That's where I think you are!

Truth be told my ex detested my participation in the league but she had to deal with it. She didn't mind me playing until one time we were vacationing in Miami and I was on a laptop early morning at out hotel room trying to set up a game with Juice who was in the league at the time. I never saw her more mad than that morning. She said, and i quote because it was funny as shit and I had to contain my laughter, "You'd rather set up a meeting with Juice than stay in bed with me!?!" :lol

LiveWire

I had similar arguments with my ex. Luckily I got her into PopCap games, so she would just play Jewel Quest or Peggle while I got my league games done. :D

Somnia

LiveWire said:

I had similar arguments with my ex. Luckily I got her into PopCap games, so she would just play Jewel Quest or Peggle while I got my league games done. :D

I tried this once and she found Farmville...now that was a big mistake.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Back in college I actually tried to teach my then-gf now-wife both football and Madden in the same night (she knew the basics of football, but that's about it). We still joke about that effort to this day.

Somnia

Nightz said:
My girlfriend has no problems with me playing games. That's why I'm gonna marry her. :lol

"I, Future Mrs. Nightz, take you, Nightz, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for winning, for losing, for not bringing drama off of neogaf, until death do us part."

Ha, my current Girlfriend liked to watch my games when i played. She thought it was fascinating that i got so into a "silly football game." It was fun for me

BigAT

Exciting early impressions on the game by @pastapadre!

"Sounds like those who got to try the Madden demo early basically mirror my thoughts. theres just nothing to really be excited about."

"at this point theres really nothing new to learn about or see with Madden. Just feels so lackluster this year."

YEAH!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wonderful impressions :|

Mrbob

BigAT said:
Exciting early impressions on the game by @pastapadre!

"Sounds like those who got to try the Madden demo early basically mirror my thoughts. theres just nothing to really be excited about."

"at this point theres really nothing new to learn about or see with Madden. Just feels so lackluster this year."

YEAH!

noooo1.gif

EA never got Madden up and running properly this generation and they already packed it in. Time for new consoles!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I really hope the guys huddled in the NCAA offices at Tiburon are yelling down the hallway, "You are all worthless fucks!!!" at the Madden team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
storybook77 said:
I'm torn....Pastapadre tends to like stuff that I don't. I mean the guy liked MLB 2k or at least, defended it.

Ok this will be the greatest Madden ever then!

Dude is now next to Konex in taste in my book.

Mrbob

On a brighter note, FMTs 2011 game of the year was just announced!

v788ph.jpg

Credit to Denog for pointing out this fact to me!

Matrix

I'll buy that Green Lantern game. Hell I bought Superman Returns ... go ahead and judge me mr PSN+!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
storybook77 said:
I'm torn....Pastapadre tends to like stuff that I don't. I mean the guy liked MLB 2k or at least, defended it.
tough thing is he's not saying it sucks just that nothing notable has changed

BigAT

AstroLad said:
tough thing is he's not saying it sucks just that nothing notable has changed
That, and there has yet to be a differing opinion aside from people that wear backwards hats and begin every sentence with, "I'm glad you asked me about GameFlow..."

DMczaf

You also have to remember that Pasta loved NCAA over Madden at E3 because of the ESPN presentation. He's one of Rors's favorite sports gamers. PRESENTACION!

http://www.operationsports.com/MMCh...le-of-additional-thoughts-on-the-madden-demo/

A lot of people got the feeling I was being down on the game, which I guess is understandable since my thoughts followed Christians who was rather down on Madden. For me though, I really think Madden is shaping up to be nearly on par with NCAA in terms of gameplay. Considering I think NCAA is the best playing football game released ever, that's a pretty big compliment to Madden.

While EA looks to have basically nailed the gameplay like they did with NCAA -- I'm sure sliders will fix the pass rush issue this year or at least alleviate it -- they haven't done anything to make the rest of the game shine. Which is funny to this writer, because the same people who always complained about Madden not being good in the gameplay department are now complaining because Tiburon did nothing to innovate in the modes and focused almost exclusively on the on the field gameplay. Some people will just never be pleased.

Until then, we'll be able to enjoy a couple of games with excellent gameplay. However that ranks on your list of priority items is probably how you should base your buying decision on Madden NFL 11, along with whether you prefer the pro or college game. No need to buy two games which play very similar, but no need to completely skip on an excellent year of football gameplay as well.

So pretty much if you want more from Madden besides better gameplay, you'll be disappointed.

Matrix

Honestly all I truly care about is gameplay and online running smoothly.

LJ11

If it plays like NCAA I think most of you will be happy. Better run game, better pass rush, better receiving AI, and tighter zone/man coverage is all I ask for and NCAA has all of that. So if Madden is on par I'm there.

Can't stress enough how much better the receiver AI is, I throw fades in the end zone to Floyd all the time. Sometimes it gets swatted by the better/taller DB's, sometimes it doesn't, there's a risk. Guys like Fitzgerald aren't the threat they should be inside the 5 and I think the new receiving tweaks will fix all of that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
If it plays like NCAA I think most of you will be happy. Better run game, better pass rush, better receiving AI, and tighter zone/man coverage is all I ask for and NCAA has all of that. So if Madden is on par I'm there.

Can't stress enough how much better the receiver AI is, I throw fades in the end zone to Floyd all the time. Sometimes it gets swatted by the better/taller DB's, sometimes it doesn't, there's a risk. Guys like Fitzgerald aren't the threat they should be inside the 5 and I think the new receiving tweaks will fix all of that.

There's alot of YES in this post. It's been fun throwing those Fades in with Julio Jones. The Gigantic freaks of nature WR's have been missing this feature.

Still, Madden apparently will still have borderline retarded Online League play. Cross fingers that I'm wrong.

Nightz

Lonestar said:
Still, Madden apparently will still have borderline retarded Online League play. Cross fingers that I'm wrong.
I think they spent most of their time on Online Team Play. Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:
I think they spent most of their time on Online Team Play. Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath.

Like this is going to help us. The Elite of the League are just going to play each other, leaving you and me out. We'd have to go grovel at Zep's Door to fill out a team. Which will be pretty hard to do, without Spelunking gear.

Ramirez

Didn't bluemax basically say it felt like a roster update at E3? I'm not expecting much, and wouldn't be surprised if I enjoyed NCAA more.

Mrbob

From the videos I've seen on Madden 11, it looks like the game has many of the same animations. How is the locomotion implemented properly?

Oh wow GameFlow sounds broken with the CPU recommended wrong plays in key situations (All out blitz on 3rd and 17?). Good job Tiburon.

Matrix said:
I'll buy that Green Lantern game. Hell I bought Superman Returns ... go ahead and judge me mr PSN+!

I'll always judge you! But at least you'll buy the game for Green Lantern. FMT will be hunting for men.

Nightz

Lonestar said:
Like this is going to help us. The Elite of the League are just going to play each other, leaving you and me out. We'd have to go grovel at Zep's Door to fill out a team. Which will be pretty hard to do, without Spelunking gear.
We don't need a third!

respekKnuckles.jpg

Or we could always ask peterb0y.

Somnia said:
"I, Future Mrs. Nightz, take you, Nightz, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, for winning, for losing, for not bringing drama off of neogaf, until death do us part."

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Guys like Fitzgerald aren't the threat they should be inside the 5 and I think the new receiving tweaks will fix all of that.
He sure made my guys look like fools whenever inside the 5. :|

DMczaf said:
He's one of Rors's favorite sports gamers. PRESENTACION!
I hate you.

Top Bottom