• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

LiveWire

Nightz said:
Boo, how can they not have "San Diego Super Chargers"? They're biased against the west coast. :mad:

Really the only song that was needed is "Hail to the Redskins." I think I will have to hook up my mic and sing along in every single league match for every TD scored. :D

Striker

Wellington said:
Maybe I spoke too soon:

However, take that with a grain of salt:

:|
Then another guy posted how NFL 2K5 had the best Franchise mode of any football game to date. :lol :lol :lol

Why Madden '05 Owner Mode gets so little love is beyond me. It got kind of stale in terms of the Newspaper clippings and Tony Bruno's radio show, but the player's morale kept it alive for me to play for almost three years. I think I got to year 2024 or something.

I don't even remember what 2K5 offered. I just found it so boring and lifeless. All 2K games for Franchise, although, not simply 2K5.

BigAT

LukeSmith said:
The icing craze got a hold of folks at my work too.
New Reach screenshot.

zf5U4.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
Really the only song that was needed is "Hail to the Redskins." I think I will have to hook up my mic and sing along in every single league match for every TD scored. :D

matrix-agent-smith.jpg

"What good would a fight song be, if you are unable to score?"

DMczaf

Looks like the same speed as M10, except that you don't go to top speed so quickly after a change in direction or broken tackle.

LukeSmith

Ugh at the commentary and the tone change between the completion and calling out the yard line, sounds like two completely different levels of excitement merged together

Rorschach

I think some of us with shitty teams are in for a rude awakening. By the 5th season, we all had good offenses. I played a couple games with the latest online roster and holy shit all the feelings of frustration came flooding back like 'Nam. QBs that can't make throws. WRs that can't catch even a 2 yard floater. OL that are on their ass at the snap of the ball... You'd never be able to stand a chance against elite teams.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I think some of us with shitty teams are in for a rude awakening. By the 5th season, we all had good offenses. I played a couple games with the latest online roster and holy shit all the feelings of frustration came flooding back like 'Nam. QBs that can't make throws. WRs that can't catch even a 2 yard floater. OL that are on their ass at the snap of the ball... You'd never be able to stand a chance against elite teams.
like the Phoenix, we shall rise through the flames and draft every god mode enabled player and make trades with Livewire to help our cause while making it sound like he fleeced us. That shall be our decree.

DCX

LJ11

Rorschach said:

I've thought about this since playing NCAA. The difference between a good WR and an average one is pretty big in that game, more so because man coverage is actually useful. Depending on how it's implemented in Madden, it can really separate teams even more.

DMczaf

DCX said:
like the Phoenix, we shall rise through the flames and draft every god mode enabled player and make trades with Livewire to help our cause while making it sound like he fleeced us. That shall be our decree.

DCX

Atlanta 83

We? ^_-

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

um what :lol

I hope that guys with worse teams like LJ and Rors still prevail with thumbstick skills. I think that's one of the redeeming qualities of Madden (and probably NCAA, too).

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Atlanta 83

We? ^_-
Yes, we. The elite group of madden players with shitty teams. The Rors group...i'm proudly joining this year. I have yet to settle on a team as i'm waiting on an old man to stop shopping for TVs and make a choice already!!! What we do know is i have made a deal with Story, and he will join the NFC south as the Falcons.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Yes, we. The elite group of madden players with shitty teams. The Rors group...i'm proudly joining this year. I have yet to settle on a team as i'm waiting on an old man to stop shopping for TVs and make a choice already!!! What we do know is i have made a deal with Story, and he will join the NFC south as the Falcons.

DCX

Does this deal involve trading players?

Mrbob

Lol is EA trying to sell a scouting report in game? At the beginning of the game an insufficient funds error came up after a scouting report logo popped onscreen.

Oh and did Collinsworth get any new lines?

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
Lol is EA trying to sell a scouting report in game? At the beginning of the game an insufficient funds error came up after a scouting report logo popped onscreen.

I saw a commercial (Gamestop, I think) that said something about getting 20,000 in-game tokens if you pre-order. I wonder how much each scouting report costs....or it will even matter in online franchise.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
I've thought about this since playing NCAA. The difference between a good WR and an average one is pretty big in that game, more so because man coverage is actually useful. Depending on how it's implemented in Madden, it can really separate teams even more.
Stupid Q, but from what you can tell, is a receiver's ability to get open dependent on stuff like SPD/ACC or more on RTE/AGI?

Should be a combo of all four, IMO.

DMczaf

We all know who is the hero this league deserves, and the one it needs right now.

FMT died falling out of a building years ago.

Nightz

DCX said:
Just so you know, this isn't your league.

DCX
So you did make a deal for players!

DMczaf said:
We all know who is the hero this league deserves, and the one it needs right now.

He died in a plane crash according to a dream I once had. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Stupid Q, but from what you can tell, is a receiver's ability to get open dependent on stuff like SPD/ACC or more on RTE/AGI?

Should be a combo of all four, IMO.

Hard to say. Personally, I'd put it in this order of importance: ACC, AGI, RTE, SPD.

Though, if it's a straight Go route, take out RTE, and put SPD above AGI. But on any route involving a change of direction, overall SPD doesn't really factor in as much.

Wellington said:
Didn't a Lonestar-Sanjuro player/Team swap get rejected a few weeks back? What would make this different?

Well...it wasn't exactly rejected, per se. More like the total opposite. But I figured to keep everyone else out of the loop. Because You're a bunch of Bobs.

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:

Heros don't badmouth innocents while being butthurt a dude scored too much on you..and just not innocents, but sick innocents...yes i want to be led be you :/

StarWarsBatman.jpg

DCX

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
We understand you don't feel you can beat Storybook for the Falcons. It's ok. :(
No offense to him, but he has never beat me in league play, or any other play lol. It's not even about that. It's a challenge for myself. It's the only way i can truly become great is to win with little. The Rors way. I have been mentored by alot of vets, this year it's Rors turn ;)

Plus, i want Story to be able ot enjoy this year, he suffered last year. Especially for every trade i made lol.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I don't like the whole player swap thing either...

So how many teams are doing this?
Who said this was going on? Man you guys sound like news site getting inside info covering this summer NBA free agency.

DCX

Nightz

Rorschach said:
I don't like the whole player swap thing either...

So how many teams are doing this?
I'll trade you the Chargers for the Raiders. I'll throw in all of my players, you throw in all of yours.

Top Bottom