• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I'll always judge you! But at least you'll buy the game for Green Lantern. FMT will be hunting for men.

:lol

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
Didn't bluemax basically say it felt like a roster update at E3? I'm not expecting much, and wouldn't be surprised if I enjoyed NCAA more.

Yes I did. The only things that felt significantly different were running (which is really just them making it easier on those of us, like myself, who suck at accelerating properly) and kicking (hot shots golf meter).

Based on my conversation with the designer that was there they spent their development time on the following:

Coverflow
3v3 Online Co Op

Everything else was kind of dealt with whatever time was left over.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Yes I did. The only things that felt significantly different were running (which is really just them making it easier on those of us, like myself, who suck at accelerating properly) and kicking (hot shots golf meter).

Based on my conversation with the designer that was there they spent their development time on the following:

Coverflow
3v3 Online Co Op

That's pretty much what I figured. I avoided all the hype this year, though. :D Not really expecting that much. Demo comes out in a few days, so we'll all see what's up with the gameplay.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bluemax said:

Coverflow
3v3 Online Co Op

Coverflow the same thing as gameflow?

And................

what is Gameflow?

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Coverflow the same thing as gameflow?

And................

what is Gameflow?
They call plays for you. You execute them. Basically a Konex mode..although he let the D play for him too.

DCX

like pasta said, if madden matches NCAA's gameplay i don't see how people will be disappointed overall. the lack of improvements on the online franchise front suck, but if the gameplay is there that is most important

LJ11

Anyone know if they mapped the pump fake to the right stick, because that's also another great addition in NCAA.

You can freeze a shitty safety or a corner pretty easily.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Anyone know if they mapped the pump fake to the right stick, because that's also another great addition in NCAA.

You can freeze a shitty safety or a corner pretty easily.

I'm going to go ahead and say no.

NCAA, the last few years, has had the pump fake on the right stick. And as always, Madden puts it back on RB. Which leads me to always confuse the 2 when I switch between the 2 games. I've thrown the ball out of bounds (and penalty for grounding) in NCAA, because I hit RB to pump fake.

Of course, if the buttons are mapable, I could have probably changed this. Right?

I was playing Ramirez, Michigan versus Kentuky, and a beautiful pump fake drew his CB on the far left in, boom, Touchdown. One of those "It Feels Good" plays.

Lonestar said:
I'm going to go ahead and say no.

NCAA, the last few years, has had the pump fake on the right stick. And as always, Madden puts it back on RB. Which leads me to always confuse the 2 when I switch between the 2 games. I've thrown the ball out of bounds (and penalty for grounding) in NCAA, because I hit RB to pump fake.

Of course, if the buttons are mapable, I could have probably changed this. Right?

I was playing Ramirez, Michigan versus Kentuky, and a beautiful pump fake drew his CB on the far left in, boom, Touchdown. One of those "It Feels Good" plays.

what is fucking stupid about madden is that you can't pump fake different defenders. in NCAA, it's mapped to the right stick and you can pump fake in the direction of different defenders. this makes sense. in madden you just generally move your arm forward so there is no strategy in pump faking a specific defender to get a guy open.

works nicely in NCAA because defenders don't ALWAYS bite on it, and it is risky considering the pass rush is quick to get there, but a good feature to have

Rorschach

DCX said:
They call plays for you. You execute them. Basically a Konex mode..although he let the D play for him too.

DCX
Actually, this year you can have the cpu play D for you too. There's an easy button defense. So, it's full-on Konex mode.

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what is fucking stupid about madden is that you can't pump fake different defenders. in NCAA, it's mapped to the right stick and you can pump fake in the direction of different defenders. this makes sense. in madden you just generally move your arm forward so there is no strategy in pump faking a specific defender to get a guy open.

works nicely in NCAA because defenders don't ALWAYS bite on it, and it is risky considering the pass rush is quick to get there, but a good feature to have

Yup, and I'm guessing that if you move the coverage gameplan to conservative, it reduces the probability of a shitty DB jumping a route when you're holding on to 17 point lead late in the 3rd.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Yup, and I'm guessing that if you move the coverage gameplan to conservative, it reduces the probability of a shitty DB jumping a route when you're holding on to 17 point lead late in the 3rd.
That's too complicated for us Madden players. We're going in the other direction. Have the AI play defense for us by pushing A. Have the AI call plays for us. Have the AI tell us exactly what play the other player is running by paying for it with virtual dollars... and then have the AI tell me what play is good to call against that. :p

Lonestar

LJ11 said:

I do love the gameplan adjustments. Even though Aggressive Pass Rush doesn't offsides at all, and creates headaches because they'll jump the snap 90% of the time, everything else is good.

I should set the tempo to conservative at the start of every game!

i wish they would move the D-line moves back to the triggers/bumpers. i might be the only one to have issues but everytime i try a D-line move with the right stick i end up falling down (because the guy is trying a hit stick or i dont know). i try to wait for engagement but it just never works for me :(

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wish they would move the D-line moves back to the triggers/bumpers. i might be the only one to have issues but everytime i try a D-line move with the right stick i end up falling down (because the guy is trying a hit stick or i dont know). i try to wait for engagement but it just never works for me :(

I believe they changed all the preplay stuff to be under one menu that you have to access with the D-Pad. It takes longer now to make preplay adjustments in my opinion.

And yes I meant Gameflow earlier, I don't know where Coverflow came from.

bluemax said:
I believe they changed all the preplay stuff to be under one menu that you have to access with the D-Pad. It takes longer now to make preplay adjustments in my opinion.

Itunes perhaps?

Rorschach

bluemax said:

I thought it was a clever pun meaning it's something worthless that will be on the cover of the game just to sell some copies. You know: "NOW WITH GAMEFLOW!" or "Introducing gameflow mode!"

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
coverflow is coming next year. instead of seeing play diagrams you see a cover from the target player's favorite band. you can then press a to d/l the album straight to your HD (works in online games too, just plays the other player a short preview of the album while it's downloading)

AstroLad said:
coverflow is coming next year. instead of seeing play diagrams you see a cover from the target player's favorite band. you can then press a to d/l the album straight to your HD (works in online games too, just plays the other player a short preview of the album while it's downloading)

:lol

hate to compliment NCAA more here, but i really hope the madden team has taken a look at how the special teams is handled in NCAA. if you field the ball 5 yards deep on a kickoff, there is about a 98% chance you aren't getting back to the 20. it's just not going to happen. compare that with madden '10, where you were nearly guaranteed to get to the 30 on every kickoff (and we had a bunch of KR TD's every year). there were 15 in the real NFL last year and i dont know how many we averaged but it just seemed high. the entire special teams mechanic was not good.

also, while the kicking meter in NCAA is still the garbage one, you can "ice" the kicker and (thanks partially to sliders!) even 50 yarders are very difficult (depending on the weather).

there is also a great risk/reward balance to the playcalling in NCAA. because the defense is much better in this game, it is very risky to call a playaction pass on 1st down because if the defense sacks you and gets you in a long yardage situation its very difficult to pull yourself out of it in 2 plays (as it should be).

Ramirez

I've only been iced once, but is the camera angle dependent on the spot of the ball? Mine was far left, I could barely even tell where the meter was pointed, but I still nailed it! :lol

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
I am really interested to see how evenflow actually works on this. Are we going to be able to turn it off?

I played 3 or 4 complete games without ever turning it on at E3. So yeah we should have no issues playing without it.

Rorschach said:
I thought it was a clever pun meaning it's something worthless that will be on the cover of the game just to sell some copies. You know: "NOW WITH GAMEFLOW!" or "Introducing gameflow mode!"

In a way it kind of is. I mean their whole goal this year was to make the game more attractive to people who think Madden is too complex. Nevermind that the game sells 3+ million yearly, they wanted to EXPAND the audience further.

I get that with a game like Madden you have a huge audience and each sector of it wants different things and you only have so much time each year, but this is not the route I would've gone.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
Leinie's Summer Shandy
damn that sounds like a dream i had

matt-leinart-shirtless.jpg

DMczaf

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/07/26/madden-11-soundtrack-revealed

Madden 11 Soundtrack

Original Recordings
AC/DC — Thunderstruck
Archie Eversole — We Ready
Blur — Song 2
Bush — Machinehead
Guns N’ Roses — Welcome to the Jungle
Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil’ Wayne — Let It Rock
Kiss — Rock and Roll All Nite
Ozzy Osbourne — Let Me Hear You Scream
Ozzy Osbourne — Crazy Train
The Hives — Tick Tick Boom
Todd Rundgren — Bang the Drum
Ying Yang Twins featuring Homebwoi — Halftime

Cover Versions
Rock N Roll Part 2 — as made famous by Gary Glitter
We Will Rock You — as made famous by Queen
Crowd Chant — as made famous by Joe Satriani
Kernkraft 400 — as made famous by Zombie Nation

Team Fight Songs
Chicago Bears — Bear Down Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions — Gridiron Heroes
Green Bay Packers — Go Packers Go!
Miami Dolphins — Miami Dolphins #1
Minnesota Vikings — Skol Vikings
Philadelphia Eagles — Fly Eagles Fly
Washington Redskins — Hail to the Redskins

Sadly, no Buc Thumpin :(

http://pewterpower.com/bucthumping.mp3

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Just popping in to say sup all.

I expected to see more of you talking about how you like madden 11 so far. Seems a lot of people have it already. I got to play it at a friends house yesterday. I don't see many of you using gameflow but it's pretty fun I guess. The Panthers are beast this year so GCQ should have a blast.

I have a huge feeling this years madden is the end of nanoblitzing. Pretty awesome actually. They changed all line adjustments to the D-pad. Meaning its a super pain in the ass to move people around. Also what this does though is prevent the cheese quick line jump that is still possible in NCAA.

The whole hit Y, now hold down on both sticks, then as soon as the ball is hiked let go of the right stick cheese.

Anyway it seems like the bandaid the series needed and its pretty awesome having the new catching animations.

Hope you guys have a drama free season. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The game leaked last night I guess. One of the guys on BBI is saying that it's amazing, the best Madden ever.........

..... but we hear that every year from people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about and are impressed by shitty animations and presentation. Anyway, if anyone has a modded Xbox 360 and gets it, let us know how it is.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maybe I spoke too soon:

Staten Island Will : 1:06 pm
Yeah, I played Madden 10, Madden 11 isn't worse than last years incantation... its exactly the same. The 'Gameflow' feature which they've spent countless months supposedly working on is essentially a giant flop, its next to useless.

The speed of the game is incredibly slow, at least on the default setting, only when you bump it to very fast does the action more closely resemble an actual football game, but even then the speed and feel of the game just don't work for me, like I said before, NCAA 11's gameplay feels so much smoother and natural in comparison.

What's more the gameplay feels very cluttered, after you speed a few minutes in the menu turning off all the distracting bells and whistles you're left with a game that looks and feels exactly like last years only with updated rosters and few more animations.

This franchise is tired and needs a reboot in the worst way. I'm sure a lot of people will still have a blast playing this online, but for those of us who primarily play this offline its just not very good. I'm not a huge college football fan but I will be playing NCAA 11 long after Madden 11 starts collecting dust.
However, take that with a grain of salt:

Staten Island Will : 1:09 pm
Again, I couldn't disagree with you more, NCAA 11 is the best football game I have played since NFL 2K5. This years Madden cannot hold a candle, sorry.

:|

DMczaf

Wellington said:
The game leaked last night I guess. One of the guys on BBI is saying that it's amazing, the best Madden ever.........

..... but we hear that every year from people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about and are impressed by shitty animations and presentation. Anyway, if anyone has a modded Xbox 360 and gets it, let us know how it is.

We're going to have a 5 min quarters demo tomorrow.

of course, the demo is old as hell and doesn't have the late fixes that made it into the retail game, or the fixes from the release day patch. So the demo is only good to get you used to the locomotion + game speed. :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
We're going to have a 5 min quarters demo tomorrow.

of course, the demo is old as hell and doesn't have the late fixes that made it into the retail game, or the fixes from the release day patch. So the demo is only good to get you used to the locomotion + game speed. :|
There's always the necessary footnote with Madden. :lol

Top Bottom