• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Nightz

Mrbob said:
PC gaming wins this week. :D

SC2 is also available on ur crappy Mac so buy it!

I wonder if I'll even get to the Madden demo. My SC2 CE is sitting at home and that bad boy is getting installed right way!
SC2 install will take a while so you can get in 2 full 30 min games thanks to Gameflow™!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Let's skip Madden this year! Just like you guys skipped the bad NCAA game last year!

I have zero desire to play this SC2 thing you guys are going on about.

I do want to try out this Alien Swarm thing I downloaded. Also been playing Just Cause 2 and Metro 2035309 or whatever it is.

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Let's skip Madden this year! Just like you guys skipped that shitty game last year!

I have zero desire to play this AWESOMELY EPIC thing you guys are going on about.

I do want to try out this horrible thing I downloaded. Also been playing with turds and crap or whatever it is.

JOIN THE DOMINION.

TerranDominion_Logo2.jpg

Lonestar

I'm just lumping in ScarCraft was WarCraft together. WoW sucks, hence my scientific method reasoning is flawless.

Mrbob

Yeah I'll check out the demo sometime but no rush to play it. This is the most uninterested I have been for a Madden release in nearly a decade. I thought Ian Cummings would bring the goods when he took over at Tiburon, but it looks like he is getting assimilated into the EA Empire.

If it weren't for all the sexy off season free agency moves the Bears made I might have even skipped this season.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yeah I'll check out the demo sometime but no rush to play it. This is the most uninterested I have been for a Madden release in nearly a decade. I thought Ian Cummings would bring the goods when he took over at Tiburon, but it looks like he is getting assimilated into the EA Empire.

If it weren't for all the sexy off season free agency moves the Bears made I might have even skipped this season.

If they have half the impact Poutface had, the Bears have the #1 pick in the bag. That's what you losers play for, right?

Mrbob

When I get everything set tonight I'll get you my infos!

eznark said:
If they have half the impact Poutface had, the Bears have the #1 pick in the bag. That's what you losers play for, right?

One of the best maneuvers for the madden 10 league was to tank the first season, and grab some rooks who skyrocket in ratings as the seasons go by.

LiveWire

BigAT, pheeniks, you should see a little 3-digit number code when you look at your Profile. That's the code others need to add you to their Friends List. So for example, I'm LiveWire, and my code is 701.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
do any of my madden gaf brothers need a guest pass for SC2? my game came with 2 free guest passes.... FREE!

well, idk what a guest pass is, but its free and i really want to play SC2,so hook a brother up

Mrbob

Added Storybook, BigAT, AstroLad, and Eznark!

Here is my info:

MrBob.841

Edit: I guess you have to add individually. I'm in game and Denogg added me but he isn't on my friends list!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow so Lonestar is going to get the Bengals, with TO, and either Brandon Merriweather or a high first round draft pick after we all stomp Sanjuro. Awesome.

Also, looks like I will miss the hour in which Madden-GAF is interested in SC2. :(

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Wow so Lonestar is going to get the Bengals, with TO, and either Brandon Merriweather or a high first round draft pick after we all stomp Sanjuro. Awesome.

Also, looks like I will miss the hour in which Madden-GAF is interested in SC2. :(

What?? Oh lord, someone's letting TO back in the league?

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
where do you find that info?

Couple ways. Put the mouse cursor over your portrait it will tell you your 3 digit code. Or go to the add a friend section by character name it will also tell you your 3 digit code.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
do any of my madden gaf brothers need a guest pass for SC2? my game came with 2 free guest passes.... FREE!

wtf is a guest pass?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
storybook77 said:
Basically a 6 hour trial game.

Ahhhh thanks for the info.

just played the madden demo. i have to admit, it was even more of a turn on when i found out she was doing me to buy baby formula.

+ the running game is actually pretty awesome. maybe better than NCAA which i find to be awesome as well
+ Some great new animations. i saw wake-n-bake make this diving grab across the middle that looked really cool
+ d-line getting a bit more pressure than last year
+ speed is fine

- blah @ the pass defense. i completed like 19/22 with peyton manning without any trouble at all. i know he is a 99 rated guy but the jets are also a pretty good defense.
- i dont like the new defensive pre-play controls. i'm sure ill get used to it though
- Dear EA, stop wasting time on these stupid fucking cutscenes before the game.
- Dear EA, you are the worst audio sports company ever. Seriously, how can you take something as wonderful as gus johnson, who i would probably bang and i'm not gay, and turn his commentary into garbage. Here's what real guy johnson sounds like.

"And it's first down here's the pitch to.... OMFGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLDFIJSDLFIJSDFLISJDFLIJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5.... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWSHAMWOW!!!!!"

and here is EA gus johnson:

"And it's....

First down at the....

40 yard line.

Johnson gains...

5 yards on the play"

and then, as if commentating from another planet, here comes collinsworth with some cliched shitty line

"IF U can GIT to the quarterback it DOESNT MATTER how good your cornerbacks are!" and you're thinking wtf man they can't get these guys to sound any better than this?

anyways, i'm excited about the game but i would be much more excited if we had full control of sliders and such. as of right now it looks like NCAA is going to outshine madden. but on the other hand, madden '11 demo destroys NCAA '11 demo so im willing to give tony romo jr. the benefit of the doubt for now

well, like BigAT said, Darelle Revis is a stud. I tried to specifically run routes for Reggie Wayne so I could see what Revis could do. The answer is alot. He closes gaps SO fast. Broke up a slant route after starting 3 steps behind the initial throw. Why anyone would run something other than man with him is beyond me. I had to run WR screens and quick developing plays to even stand a chance of a completion.

But, the running game is solid. Joseph Addai racked up nearly 150 yards on 10 carries. Suck it Jets

goldlion054 said:
well, like BigAT said, Darelle Revis is a stud. I tried to specifically run routes for Reggie Wayne so I could see what Revis could do. The answer is alot. He closes gaps SO fast. Broke up a slant route after starting 3 steps behind the initial throw. Why anyone would run something other than man with him is beyond me. I had to run WR screens and quick developing plays to even stand a chance of a completion.

But, the running game is solid. Joseph Addai racked up nearly 150 yards on 10 carries. Suck it Jets

i made the trip out to revis island and then i bought the place. it then became manning manor as i torched revis time and again. maybe it was the playcalling on their end but by the 4th i had almost 200 yards receiving with reginald wayne

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i made the trip out to revis island and then i bought the place. it then became manning manor as i torched revis time and again. maybe it was the playcalling on their end but by the 4th i had almost 200 yards receiving with reginald wayne

Ha. What did you set the difficulty to? For me, he just made play after play. I bought some real-estate on the island, then had to sell it back because the value was so high

Nightz

This game is so unrealistic. Antonio Cromartie made a tackle, which he never does in real life.

Edit: Ok, Braylon Edwards dropped a pass. Maybe it is realistic.

Somnia

J-E-T-S are gonna be insane this year. Just got done playing the colts. I won 34-0 (or 31 cant remember heh). I had 2 picks with Revis and 2 picks with Cromartie, I had 114 yards with Greene, I was 16/20 with Sanchez with 2 tds and 0 ints...edwards had 8 catches for 104yds and a td.

Granted this was all-pro and the CPU, but jesus

edit: I'm really digging the running game this year.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
They need to bring back Madden on commentary...the guy in place now is brutally bad.

EA turned him into a fucking robot is the problem. maybe tom hammonds is actually a good announcer..... no, no i can't accept that.

i also forgot to mention, one of my 3 or 4 incompletions was a deep post to dallas clark. probably about a 25 yard throw in the air that the safety and CB broke up. but the hilarious part is the jets dropped kris jenkins into coverage and he was basically within a yard or two of dallas clark when the ball got there..... get the fuck out of here dude :lol

Ramirez

Ehhhh, I only made it to the 2nd quarter before turning it off. :lol The game is painfully slow, I hate the d-pad garbage, and why does it feel like the camera jumps out 50 yards when I hike it, then when I throw a pass it jumps again real close, it was a really jarring effect for me. I hope the camera from last year is an option.

Is the crowd mute because of Gameflow? It was whisper quiet in the stadium, then all of a sudden the crowd would kick back in. :lol Too many stupid cut scenes after every play as well, hopefully you can turn them off. Just feels like a lot of stuff has been changed for no good reason. =\

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
EA turned him into a fucking robot is the problem. maybe tom hammonds is actually a good announcer..... no, no i can't accept that.

It reminds me of Hard Ball 3 back on my 286.

"Welcome to Hard Ball 3. I'm Al Michaels. Your announcer."

"At the plate. Number 28. The. Second baseman. A. .298 hitter. He's 0 for. 1."

yeah gameflow is fucking stupid. i'm not trying to be negative on the game, we haven't even played final retail copy, but THAT is what they spent their time on!? wow.

i honestly again have to give props for the locomotion again though. the running game really feels nice. they have basically eliminated suction tackles. i was really able to pick my holes and get through into the secondary. very nice feeling.

it's just a shame that they've finally addressed the running game and then changed all this stuff that didn't have a problem. WHY are you changing audibles? i'll get used to it but fuck i play ncaa too and now it's going to be hard to jump back and forth. why fix something that isn't broken tiburon? why not use that time to give us what we want?

Rorschach

I played a few games. My first game was as the Jets because I wanted to try out the run game. I proceeded to go 19 carries for 245 yards. I was thinking "Wow! It's way overpowered!" which was what I feared. On defense, I was constantly pressuring Peyton Manning which I had never seen before in Madden. Usually, it's absolutely fruitless to try to do that, but here were the Jets putting him on his back almost every time he dropped back.

I then played as the Colts. Running was still not very difficult, but I had to work for a lot of it with Addai by making guys miss. Plus, the D was probably on edge because Peypey had 500 yards passing. The passing defense is absolutely laughable. Guys were out of position a lot, they would get lost in traffic, or they would just stand there for no reason. Long balls are absolute money. Even if Cromartie had position, he would give it up whenever they got close to where the ball was gonna drop as if he was letting Collie catch it on purpose.

Thinking that maybe it was the Colts run defense that sucked, since all they had stopping me was Bob Sanders, I decided to play a Jets v Jets game. It was a little harder to run, but not enough to stop me. I went 150 yards with 5 TDs with Greene. The mofo never even got tired. Passing was still a Brees. :3 Revis was acting like a chump and Cromartie was getting smoked by everyone. And, of course, no one could even touch Clark. Wayne had close to 200 yards vs Revis and Clark had 160+ vs whatever chump tried to match up against him.

I played another ColtsvJets game just to mess around with other RBs to see if they're just as good. Tomlinson went for 80 yards on 5 carries before I pulled him out and put Greene back in because I hate LDT and it was making me nauseous using him. Greene put 242 yards on 21 carries for the rest of the game.

+Inside running is absolutely beastly with a good OL
+Pulling guards and fullbacks are actually useful now
+High rated DEs now recognize the HB screen. I saw Freeney almost immediately recognize an HB screen on the other side and stuff it for no gain. I also saw him miss one on his side, but he was engaged with the LT. I like that it's not guaranteed, though.
+DEs get pressure now instead of automatically getting stuffed.
+Suction tackling has been toned down. It's not completely gone, but you can actually run between the tackles without getting sucked in.
-There are even more holes in the zone defenses. Yeah, I didn't think it was possible either.
-No manual double team for OL? :|
-Man D is absolutely broken. Even more than last year!
-The magical unbeatable passing offense finally exists, but only for power teams.
-Safety Play is absolutely horrible.
-Gameflow is shit. I had to turn off the subtitles and coach audio after about 3 snaps. That shit is annoying. I can't believe they wasted most of their fucking time on this horse shit.

So, it looks like the offense gets another big upgrade and the defense gets another downgrade. The only part of the defense that had any improvement was the defensive ends.

Here are some gifs from the last 2 games:

rhvmn7.jpg

Infamous wheel route is now even more money. Poor Revis. Where's your 99 rating now?!

2is712p.jpg

If I wasn't there, this would have been a TD. WTF?

2jzf2u.jpg

Watch the guard pick up Bob Sanders. Fucking awesome!

2823t5l.jpg

Watch the fullback actually block someone!

a41ts.gif

kfCzg.gif

Look Ma! No suction tackles!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and you're thinking wtf man they can't get these guys to sound any better than this?
It's probably because they had to sync it with Collinsworth's old Hammond audio. You can hear some of the same lines that Hammond used in the previous Madden games that lead into the Collinsworth line. I still think the delivery is much better than Hammond.

Nightz said:
This game is so unrealistic. Antonio Cromartie made a tackle, which he never does in real life.

Edit: Ok, Braylon Edwards dropped a pass. Maybe it is realistic.
:lol I like when Collinsowrth goes on and on about how much he likes Braylon's hands because he never drops anything. GTFO Collinsworth. Most overrated guy in the business.

And :lol @ Cromartie too. He was the only guy that could stop me on the run. I decided to not even run to that side anymore because he had 8 tackles for a loss on Addai. :lol

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Were you playing the demo against bob? I didnt know it was an online demo
:lol That was me using the play because I thought I read Wellington mention it. Jets v Jets!

[edit] At least they removed it from the audibles. :)

Although, they replaced it with a useless route because it isn't run right.

I liked the demo and yes, it had some issues but so did the NCAA demo and the retail for it turned out pretty well so I'm hopeful. It seems like the two teams are finally sharing some of their ideas and tech this year instead of NCAA lagging a year behind, which is a good sign but something that EA Tiburon should've been doing since the beginning.

Matrix

Hmmm played the demo, not sure what to think the final game will be like. Running was easy as hell and so was throwing deep :eek: Playing D sucked and I tested out that game flow shit and good god that gets old fast.

NCAA is clearly better, time to join the party Rors!

Top Bottom