• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
The combination of Jpep and THarris are going to make a Vicky sandwich!
Sorry. Jpep will just get pushed outside and ill step up and run right by old man urlacher

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am of the opinion that Madden 11 could end being more problematic than 10. I fully expect a bunch of Tecmo Bowl scores and super backs running rampant.

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
I am of the opinion that Madden 11 could end being more problematic than 10. I fully expect a bunch of Tecmo Bowl scores and super backs running rampant.

Sweet! I already have a 99 speed running back right out of the gate! Go Jamal Charles!

Striker

DenogginizerOS said:
I feel that's what it will come down to also. And NCAA '11, while having a great dynasty formula on the 360, still does great on the webpage. Even Madden's webpage sucks donkey dick. We can't view stats for Madden, but for NCAA we can do online recruiting? Why the huge disparity?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would love to get a factual accounting of the disparity between the two development teams. Someone at EA has to be noticing the clear disparity in effort, right?

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Yup. Worse yet, mine happened after a clear first down. -_-

Birdman02 said:
WRONG!! I had to watch a chain gang measurement in 1 of my games. :(
You can skip those. I did....

Here are my gifs/impressions of the last demo (back when I cared enough to direct capture instead of using a phone cam!):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16818129&postcount=1665
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16822068&postcount=1674
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16829855&postcount=1683
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16832952&postcount=1688

Last post talks about the shitty drag coverage. All that shit stayed in. :|

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Striker said:
I feel that's what it will come down to also. And NCAA '11, while having a great dynasty formula on the 360, still does great on the webpage. Even Madden's webpage sucks donkey dick. We can't view stats for Madden, but for NCAA we can do online recruiting? Why the huge disparity?

It's a little wierd.

The NCAA website can do online recruiting, and has pretty stout (though not as good as SableRatings) Ratings area.

But it also doesn't have Depth Chart features, so you can't move a backup HB into the starters role while on the website.

It also does have all the Dynasty Wire stories, which are great (if only people put time into writing stories, or reading them!)

But, the websit does have scripting issues, and bugs (much like Madden 10's website). I lost 40 minutes of talk time to a recruit because of a script issue).

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
It's a little wierd.

The NCAA website can do online recruiting, and has pretty stout (though not as good as SableRatings) Ratings area.

But it also doesn't have Depth Chart features, so you can't move a backup HB into the starters role while on the website.

It also does have all the Dynasty Wire stories, which are great (if only people put time into writing stories, or reading them!)

But, the websit does have scripting issues, and bugs (much like Madden 10's website). I lost 40 minutes of talk time to a recruit because of a script issue).
You could argue that the Madden website doesn't have depth chart features either because they don't fucking work. If you use the website depth chart, you'll completely jumble your in-game depth chart.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
You could argue that the Madden website doesn't have depth chart features either because they don't fucking work. If you use the website depth chart, you'll completely jumble your in-game depth chart.

I don't remember having problems with this issue. I used the Depth Chart a decent amount of times (Slaton, You're Third Team now!mwhauauauahaha)

daw840 said:
Sweet! I already have a 99 speed running back right out of the gate! Go Jamaal Charles!

GET IT RIGHT
41030532_68409913c0.jpg

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I don't remember having "too" much of this issue. I used the Depth Chart a decent amount of times (Slaton, You're Third Team now!mwhauauauahaha)
I never got it to work. It would switch the player I wanted, but then I would get redundancies at other spots.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Was just going to say this. What a mistake that was. :|

Lonestar

Well, for sure, both sites feature similar script errors!

"Gee, I left the website open for 10 minutes, let me go back and look at it. Oh. It's non operating. Guess I have to shut my browser completely down and reopen it, just to get it to work again."

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lonestar said:
It's a little wierd.

Why they don't just outsource the web components, I have no idea. They consistently screw up the web components year after year. I thought that after Bungie's Halo/web connection stuff came out that publishers would step their game up. But I guess it is cheaper not to.

Ramirez

dskillzhtown said:
Why they don't just outsource the web components, I have no idea. They consistently screw up the web components year after year. I thought that after Bungie's Halo/web connection stuff came out that publishers would step their game up. But I guess it is cheaper not to.

That would require Tiburon to actually care about their hardcore fans...lol.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dskillzhtown said:
Wasn't somebody in here saying it cost sable like $1m+ and a big team to put together sablestats? Probably not feasible from a P&L POV to polish the online even more than it already is.

Striker

AstroLad said:
Wasn't somebody in here saying it cost sable like $1m+ and a big team to put together sablestats? Probably not feasible from a P&L POV to polish the online even more than it already is.
I recall some douche at EA responding to, I think it was Bluemax, about giving them Sable's script on the webpage. Believe they had gotten asked about why a user's script can be so much better than their garbage, or something along those lines.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Yep. It cost the Sable Project Company around 10 mil, 3 years of development, and a 200 man strong team to put the script together. I could only imagine how long it would take for the Madden team to do it from scratch and to implement it right into the website or how many millions it would cost to get it done in one year.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Exactly, not to mention coming up with a cool name for it (no offense to "sablestats," but that wouldn't cut the mustard at EA).

Rorschach

They'd need a full time naming committee to come up with something as cool as "Gameflow" "Protak" or "Locomotion". You have to be consistent in naming things to keep the brand up.

Lonestar

CB3 said:
Did anyone ever try to tweet sables script to Ian or someone

Think it was. Or more like someone said "he should post it at EA.Com's forums" or something.

Rorschach said:
They'd need a full time naming committee to come up with something as cool as "Gameflow" "Protak" or "Locomotion". You have to be consistent in naming things to keep the brand up.

STATATTACK!
HACKASTAT!
STATTY LIGHT

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
All interesting suggestions, but good luck trying to get those to take off like the cultural dynamite that was All-Play.

Rorschach

Nice try, guys, but none of these meet the standard that was set by "Run to Daylight" or "Read and React" let alone the untouchable "Playmaker System." This is why we need a naming committee.

Lonestar

Could be like this:

Stats BROUGHT TO YOU BY NATTY LIGHT FORD SLIM JIM REESES PIECES SNICKERS PIZZA HUT MOUNTAIN DEW LIBRARY OF CONGRESS TOYOTA MRS EPSTEINS BEAUTY SALON JOSEPH A BANK DOMINOES MILLER LIGHT AT&T VERIZON CAMPBELLS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP SPRINT RANDOM BEER COMPANY CADILLAC ASHLEY MADISON THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA AND MORE BEER

daw840

Lonestar said:
Could be like this:

Stats BROUGHT TO YOU BY NATTY LIGHT FORD SLIM JIM REESES PIECES SNICKERS PIZZA HUT MOUNTAIN DEW LIBRARY OF CONGRESS TOYOTA MRS EPSTEINS BEAUTY SALON JOSEPH A BANK DOMINOES MILLER LIGHT AT&T VERIZON CAMPBELLS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP SPRINT RANDOM BEER COMPANY CADILLAC ASHLEY MADISON THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA AND MORE BEER

Sponsored by our president, Herbert Camacho Rodriguez Lopez Mountain Dew.

Lonestar

The Year After, they'll probably change the designs of the WR Button Logo's, to match the 5 main Beer Manufacturers.

Would the 5th WR become the Smirnoff Ice WR?

Nightz

CB3 said:
Was i the only one that noticed the doritos crunch time moment of the game at the end
I did. I mentioned earlier how my moment of the game was a PAT, even though I threw an 80 yard TD and had a 71 yard run.

LiveWire

Mine was Kris Jenkins' 3rd or 4th sack of Manning even though Braylon made a diving 50-yard TD catch in the 1st quarter to open the scoring.

bluemax

Banned
dskillzhtown said:

They made it sound like it was out sourced when I asked about it at E3.

Striker said:
I recall some douche at EA responding to, I think it was Bluemax, about giving them Sable's script on the webpage. Believe they had gotten asked about why a user's script can be so much better than their garbage, or something along those lines.

Yup. I point blank asked first if they online website would be improved and second why a script done by a guy in my online league provided more functionality than the actual website.

Hey fellows. Just wanted to get your opinions on which NFL game or franchise would be best for a complete novice to the sport. As an Australian who has completely given up on any sort of decent Rugby game ever being released again (RIP Jonah Lomu), I've been toying with the idea of trying out the armored North American brother game...

...but let's be honest, there's a lot of terms and rules to the game. It's a bit overwhelming. Could anyone suggest the best course of action for a complete beginner to NFL with a decent background of rugby, especially rugby league, to undertake? Is Madden accessible enough, or NCAA?

Thanks in advance.

Pylon_Trooper said:
Hey fellows. Just wanted to get your opinions on which NFL game or franchise would be best for a complete novice to the sport. As an Australian who has completely given up on any sort of decent Rugby game ever being released again (RIP Jonah Lomu), I've been toying with the idea of trying out the armored North American brother game...

...but let's be honest, there's a lot of terms and rules to the game. It's a bit overwhelming. Could anyone suggest the best course of action for a complete beginner to NFL with a decent background of rugby, especially rugby league, to undertake? Is Madden accessible enough, or NCAA?

Thanks in advance.

i would probably go with madden if that is the case. they usually have a tutorial that explains everything. basically, this video should tell you everything you need to know about the NFL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRZphn2Nh9s

Thanks man! It's the accessible tuts I'm after. Looking forward to learning a new sport. Something about the fervent nature of US sports...

And I think I've just learned everything there is to know about the NFL, particularly the 49ers!

Pylon_Trooper said:
Thanks man! It's the accessible tuts I'm after. Looking forward to learning a new sport. Something about the fervent nature of US sports...

And I think I've just learned everything there is to know about the NFL, particularly the 49ers!

NFL is king bee in the states. baseball drags on forever and the nba is fixed. just post here once the game comes out and there are plenty of people who would play you and walk you through some of the stuff

FrenchMovieTheme said:
NFL is king bee in the states. baseball drags on forever and the nba is fixed. just post here once the game comes out and there are plenty of people who would play you and walk you through some of the stuff

Sounds like a plan. I'll have to do some research into a team to play...all I knew of NFL prior to the 49ers vid was that Dan Marino played for the Miami Dolphins and Ray Finkle was Lois Einhorn. :lol

EDIT and Disclaimer: I didn't see a PS3 NFL thread, which is sadly the only machine I'm rocking, so even if I don't get to play with you guys, I appreciate the direction. Cheers.

Rorschach

Pylon_Trooper: The new "gameflow" mode might actually prove useful to guys getting into Madden for the first time. Try the demo on PSN. They basically call the plays for you and tell you what you need to do to execute it right. After you get the hang of it, you can call your own plays and whatnot.

Wait a minute... so there IS a use for Gameflow.. Damn you, Ian! You got me. :\

Top Bottom