• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Told you!
Ok, so it's useful to ONE guy!

It's a bullet point, damn you! A bullet point!
DIOwb.jpg

Rorschach said:
Pylon_Trooper: The new "gameflow" mode might actually prove useful to guys getting into Madden for the first time. Try the demo on PSN. They basically call the plays for you and tell you what you need to do to execute it right. After you get the hang of it, you can call your own plays and whatnot.

Wait a minute... so there IS a use for Gameflow.. Damn you, Ian! You got me. :\

It's true! I just played both NCAA and Madden demos, and man, while the terminology was a little bit hard to understand, the Madden Gameflow at least gave me the right idea of what to do. NCAA seems to have a faster flow...am I right in assuming that? Either way, they're great games. If you want high production values and the whole rigmarole in sports games, you can't go past US sports, that's for sure.

Any other tips?

Rorschach

Pylon_Trooper said:
It's true! I just played both NCAA and Madden demos, and man, while the terminology was a little bit hard to understand, the Madden Gameflow at least gave me the right idea of what to do. NCAA seems to have a faster flow...am I right in assuming that? Either way, they're great games. If you want high production values and the whole rigmarole in sports games, you can't go past US sports, that's for sure.

Any other tips?
Yeah, try the different difficulty settings. When the full game comes out, you'll be able to adjust the speeds if you're playing offline or if you're playing an unranked match, I believe. NCAA is a little bit faster than Madden, but the speed is adjustable.

Only tip I can think of, other than adjusting the difficulty, is to keep pressing the "show play art" button to familiarize yourself with the plays more. I think it's R2 or L2 on the PS3.

Oh, and when you're running, try to stay behind your blockers until you find an open space. If you are using a fullback (the guy between your Quarterback and Halfback), follow that guy. :lol He usually clears the way for ya. ...unless the play tells you not to! :p

29yjb5s.jpg

2823t5l.jpg

a41ts.gif

btw- I'd suggest starting out by using the Jets in the Madden demo. The Colts have a weaker defense than the Jets, so they're easier to run on and the Jets have a good offensive line to boot.

Great tips, thanks man! AstroLad was right, you guys are damn helpful!

Really looking forward to the full game. Right now, I'm still coming to grips with the control schemes and what does what on the demos. Hopefully I'll be ready by the time Madden drops! Baptism of fire!

BigAT

I wonder how much everyone's love of the run game is influenced by using the Jets, who have arguably the best O-line in the game. I'm not saying running hasn't been improved at all, but it wouldn't come off nearly as impressive with an O-line in the high 70's.

Also, anyone looking for more hard drive space, there's a 250GB HDD for $74 shipped.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I tried the game for one quarter and gave up. Playing the AI sux.

I will say tho, I was demolishing dudes with Shonn Greene. Powerbacks are going to be pretty sick in the game if this is any indication. Turner, Peterson, and MJD will be impossible to deal with.

Did they have a tutorial? I just jumped right in. Felt like the running controls were pretty much exactly the same just no turbo. Jukes in either direction and shoulder charges were executed the same way. I know right stick is supposed to control just the upper body so it was weird.

Rorschach

Pylon_Trooper said:
Great tips, thanks man! AstroLad was right, you guys are damn helpful!

Really looking forward to the full game. Right now, I'm still coming to grips with the control schemes and what does what on the demos. Hopefully I'll be ready by the time Madden drops! Baptism of fire!
If you pause the game, you can look at all the options and one of them shows you the controller layout.

BigAT said:
I wonder how much everyone's love of the run game is influenced by using the Jets, who have arguably the best O-line in the game. I'm not saying running hasn't been improved at all, but it wouldn't come off nearly as impressive with an O-line in the high 70's.
Like I said in my first post, I tried both teams and I even tried the Colts with the Jets' playbook. Running is improved either way, but the Jets are definitely way more impressive on the ground and the Colts defense isn't all that great at stuffing the run. I was also able to run easily with LDT.

Not that any of that matters because passing is so insanely easy. :lol Competing with the elite teams is going to be impossible for those of us with low rated WRs, QBs, and OL. When you see low rated QBs throw, they still throw way off the mark on every other throw and the WRs still drop a lot of balls. It'll be real hard to compete this year. :[

Wellington said:
I tried the game for one quarter and gave up. Playing the AI sux.

I will say tho, I was demolishing dudes with Shonn Greene. Powerbacks are going to be pretty sick in the game if this is any indication. Turner, Peterson, and MJD will be impossible to deal with.

Did they have a tutorial? I just jumped right in. Felt like the running controls were pretty much exactly the same just no turbo. Jukes in either direction and shoulder charges were executed the same way. I know right stick is supposed to control just the upper body so it was weird.
DM told me that you have to hold up on the right stick and then turn it to make the HBs twist the upper body. The AI uses it all the time, but I did fine without it. I haven't gotten less than 200 yards with Greene. :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
Not that any of that matters because passing is so insanely easy. :lol Competing with the elite teams is going to be impossible for those of us with low rated WRs, QBs, and OL. When you see low rated QBs throw, they still throw way off the mark on every other throw and the WRs still drop a lot of balls. It'll be real hard to compete this year. :[
Yep, you're right.

Throwing with matt moore is stupid and beyond frustrating. I was playing against the saints yesterday and steve smith had one of their corners clearly beat by 3-4 steps, wide open bomb down field, hits steve in the hands and it falls. This has to be ratings based.

Then I had brandon lafell beat the bumb man coverage deep, so I lob it up, instead of leading him matt moore yanks the ball 20 feet wide for an interception. No idea where the hell the ball was going.

It seems like it was purely stat calculated. Hopefully the first ratings change or hotfix will fix these issues because thats stupid.

The panthers run game can compete with any though. Running with Dwillz is oh so smooth.

vumpler said:
Yep, you're right.

Throwing with matt moore is stupid and beyond frustrating. I was playing against the saints yesterday and steve smith had one of their corners clearly beat by 3-4 steps, wide open bomb down field, hits steve in the hands and it falls. This has to be ratings based.

Then I had brandon lafell beat the bumb man coverage deep, so I lob it up, instead of leading him matt moore yanks the ball 20 feet wide for an interception. No idea where the hell the ball was going.

It seems like it was purely stat calculated. Hopefully the first ratings change or hotfix will fix these issues because thats stupid.

The panthers run game can compete with any though. Running with Dwillz is oh so smooth.

Sharkwaters up in this!!!!!!!711

Mrbob

We need to get some more SC2 games in tonight. I'll have to carry FMT to victory again like I did in our game last night!

We can set up to 4 vs 4 online.

Mrbob

I just been playing online co op with friends against the CPU so far.

Oh and I think it is time to strip FMT of his Madden 10 titles for his scandalous way of acquiring Jack English!

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/386597-just-got-jack-english-draft.html

Jack is Madden's replica of John Elway. Jack English is considered to be one of the best CPU generated QBs to come out of any draft class.

He cheated his way to getting a John Elway equivalent at QB. You are like the 80s and 90s Niners scamming their way to victory! Tainted titles!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yo Boobs errr Bob know anyone that has a free Starcraft 2 trial? so I can test this game out. I don't even know how well it will run on my mac mini that I'm using.

No way am I going to buy something I have never played before or that might run like utter shit on my mac. And before you say it.... I'm not buying a new computer for this game and I'm not rich!

Matrix said:
Yo Boobs errr Bob know anyone that has a free Starcraft 2 trial? so I can test this game out. I don't even know how well it will run on my mac mini that I'm using.

No way am I going to buy something I have never played before or that might run like utter shit on my mac. And before you say it.... I'm not buying a new computer for this game and I'm not rich!

do you still need one? I can PM one to you, got 2 left.

nvm you posted 2 minutes ago I'm gonna guess you don't have one, its being sent :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks Astro, just got one from Pheeniks :)

Will have to test this out later tonight, better work or I'll just bitch at Bob cause it's fun.

Mrbob

Hope you got a fast connection or you won't be playing tonight. :D 12gb of goodness. I believe you get access for the full game for 7 hours.

I have Starcrafted you! :D CB is next!

Matrix said:

Sell a couple of your 20 ipods and ipads!

Mrbob said:
We need to get some more SC2 games in tonight. I'll have to carry FMT to victory again like I did in our game last night!

We can set up to 4 vs 4 online.

wtf motherfucker i took on their initial onslaught as you reaped the benefits at their empty base!

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:

Also, anyone looking for more hard drive space, there's a 250GB HDD for $74 shipped.

I used the Seahawks at E3 and the difference between last year and this year was still very noticeable. Seahawks have like a middle tier O-Line as well.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Hope you got a fast connection or you won't be playing tonight. :D 12gb of goodness. I believe you get access for the full game for 7 hours.

I have Starcrafted you! :D CB is next!

Sell a couple of your 20 ipods and ipads!

3 motherfucking hours to download this thing! arghhhhhh and watch it run like shit.

Why don't you buy me a new computer Mr. PSN+

edit- wtf now it says 12 :lol :lol :lol :lol my connection is not shit :\

Matrix

WTF is this Blizzard downloader so slow. Fuck this PC game bs Bob!

I might as well go take a nap.

Matrix

CB3 said:
Which will finish first. Downloading SC2 or downloading a patch on PSN? FIGHT!

The fucking PSN patch took me 5 mins to download and install... troll! :p

this shit is going to take half a day it seems.

LiveWire

gg Bob, eznark, Big AT. Sorry we couldn't save you nark, we'll try harder next time. :)

Postgame recap:

14dfy83.jpg

2eeybth.jpg

Moral of the story:
Play as Protoss. ;)

eznark

Banned
It's ok. Me and Cajole just housed two zerg chumps in 2v2. At this stage, people are worse than the AI!

Once the CPU started rushing me and bob in that situation I totally froze up. I liked Bob's solution....expand!

Matrix

I'm not sure what I'm looking at other than I kinda make out the fact that Bob sucks.

this fucking download is just about to hit 3 gb and I have to get to about 7 gb. This is the never ending download showing 9 hours left :lol Downloading the trial is turning me off of the game before I can even test it out.

Matrix

haha

Well the download crashed on my mac. I'm now downloading it on my PC laptop *yea I have one Boobs* and I'm back at 1 percent and 10 hours to go!

Matrix

wtf is this shit, honestly.

Anyone else getting insane as hell downloading times for the trial?

And fuck you and you peer pressure Bob.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
its like trying to download that free game on steam that came out a week ago. why bother trying. their servers are probably getting hammered right now

Matrix

CB3 said:
its like trying to download that free game on steam that came out a week ago. why bother trying. their servers are probably getting hammered right now

It says I have till 8/13 to play I guess 7 hours worth. Maybe I'll just forget about it and try to download it in a couple of days since I just only hit 8% :lol It's also making the rest of my net connection sluggish.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
wtf is this shit, honestly.

Anyone else getting insane as hell downloading times for the trial?

And fuck you and you peer pressure Bob.

This is what happens when two million plus people pick up a game on day one and go online!

No license fees either for Blizzard to pay for!

PC Gaming :bow

I think it is safe to say SC2 going down as one of the best games ever, join the bandwagon Matrix!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I think it is safe to say SC2 going down as one of the best games ever, join the bandwagon Matrix!

I can't join shit without trying the trial first. I decided to give it a try this way since all of you have been talking about it so much.

So far my experiences with PC gaming have been way more of a pain in the ass than console.

Matrix

CB3 said:
RTS games were fun 10 years ago. you guys need to get with the times

1096812-footballzombie_thumb.jpg

Top Bottom