• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
whooo I just woke up and I'm at 65%, go Blizzard and your awesome download servers! :|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You didn't get the memo?

Matrix

Holy shit SC2 runs pretty damn good on my pc and holy shit I suck big ass at these types of games.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question

Matrix said:
Holy shit SC2 runs pretty damn good on my pc and holy shit I suck big ass at these types of games.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question

buy. we'll play together. I'm only good enough to know how to build shit and know what each thing does but as for strategy, that be damned, all i can do is gather a shit load of resources and then just build a shit load of whatever i want...i don't know how to win games :lol

Matrix

haha I'm going to play for a little bit longer, if I buy it I'll get it by Sunday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Main sucks.

If I refer to gaming side or OT, it's referring to the Madden topic and the NFL topic respectively.
the problem with the megatopics is that everyone expects you to have basically been following since the beginning "dude that's on post [500 posts ago] and there's a HUGE post about it on post [3,000 posts ago]"

edit: when i run official topics i'm more than happy to answer questions even if they're repeating common ones b/c hey interest in the game is cool with me. but i guess that's more important to games like hot shots golf than starcraft :lol

Matrix

fuck it I bought it off amazon since I had a $10 coupon, should get it Sunday. Gives me time to get used to the game via the campaign mode. I'm playing on Normal, I should move down to below that :lol

edit- already went to shipping soon mode, amazon is always lighting quick to take my money

Matrix

LiveWire said:
I second Matrix's vote that we play one big SC2 FFA to determine the Madden SuperBowl champ.

what :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
I got paid last night so I am joining yer ranks when I get home. Please be gentle!

I had a Radeon 5750, 550W PSU and SC2 in my hands last night at Fry's. I decided ot put it all back. I wish I could just pull the trigger without going back and forth 53968309845 times.

dskillzhtown

Mrbob said:
Dskillz do you need a guest pass to see how it runs on your current computer?

Thanks, but I know it is going to suck. My PC only runs Sims 3 smoothly if many of the visual options are turned down/off. It has an integrated card and I need to upgrade it.

Can't have my Sims moving around without shadows any longer!!!!

Mrbob

I won't be home till around 9cst, but if you do want the code let me know I have one left to hand out. Gives you 7 hours of playtime from the full game, just need to download 12gb.

Matrix since you have SC2 downloaded already, I believe you just need to input the CD Key to unlock the full version. No need to reinstall.

LiveWire said:
Bob are you a crack dealer in real life?

Just give 'em a taste...they'll want more!

Matrix

Sweet sounds good. I didn't want to have to install it again, though that part didn't take long. It was the damn download.

dskillzhtown

Mrbob said:
I won't be home till around 9cst, but if you do want the code let me know I have one left to hand out. Gives you 7 hours of playtime from the full game, just need to download 12gb.

Matrix since you have SC2 downloaded already, I believe you just need to input the CD Key to unlock the full version. No need to reinstall.

Just give 'em a taste...they'll want more!

Eff it, I'll take the code. It will save me some money today. 7 hours should be long enough time for me to know if I like it.

Matrix

Dskillz, unless the download server speeds up or less people are on it, it will take you 10 hours or more to download :lol

edit- unless my connection was bad last night, but I don't believe it was.

dskillzhtown

Matrix said:
Dskillz, unless the download server speeds up or less people are on it, it will take you 10 hours or more to download :lol

edit- unless my connection was bad last night, but I don't believe it was.

That will delay my spending money on the game even longer!!!!

What video card is everyone rocking? Trying to see if the ATI 5750 will be overkill.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gtx 295 and i7 950 both overclocked. seem to get a steady 80-90 on ultra in the couple early missions i've done. 1680x1050

dskillzhtown said:

What video card is everyone rocking? Trying to see if the ATI 5750 will be overkill.

I have a 4890, which is a little more powerful than that, and I still have to tone down a couple things from ultra to high so that I can run smoothly at 1920x1200

dskillzhtown said:

I'm running with a 8800 GT right now on a Phenom X4 955. It runs very good on High at 1680x1050.

I plan on upgrading to either the ATI 5850 or the GTX 460 this fall. I want to run Ultra, dammit.

BigAT

Anyone have a good guide/advice on overclocking? I've never done it before but I'm thinking about it now since I can barely run shit on the lowest settings.

BigAT said:
Anyone have a good guide/advice on overclocking? I've never done it before but I'm thinking about it now since I can barely run shit on the lowest settings.

If you're barely running it on the lowest settings, overclocking probably isn't going to be making much of a difference. Also, if you have an OEM PC like a Dell or something, I don't think you can.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
honestly i just googled my cpu and gpu and just went to overclocking forums to read up on some settings people had posted and tweaked from there. you can also overclock your memory but i didn't mess with that, my fan's already going at 100 when i'm playing games :lol

oh jesus, i don't have a desktop and my laptop is dying trying to dl this. I have an estimated 34 hour wait time. I might have to pass on SC2. Thanks anyway FMT

Matrix

goldlion054 said:
oh jesus, i don't have a desktop and my laptop is dying trying to dl this. I have an estimated 34 hour wait time. I might have to pass on SC2. Thanks anyway FMT

haha it's gotten worse. I thought 10-13 hours was insane :lol

Mrbob

Matrix said:
haha it's gotten worse. I thought 10-13 hours was insane :lol

South Koreans must have finally stopped playing Starcraft and realized the sequel is now out.

There are plenty of overclocking guides online but you always want to be careful to not burn out your cpu and card. What hardware do you have?

One easy way to get a performance boost is to lower resolution one level.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
South Koreans must have finally stopped playing Starcraft and realized the sequel is now out.

:lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I keep checkin' in here for new posts about Madden and it's just this SC garb. :lol

Madden is worse!

:eek:

LiveWire

Azwethinkweiz said:
I have a 4890, which is a little more powerful than that, and I still have to tone down a couple things from ultra to high so that I can run smoothly at 1920x1200

I have a 4890 too and I have everything on Ultra at 1900x1200. Why are you toning settings down? What's your card memory? 512 or 1GB?

LiveWire said:
I have a 4890 too and I have everything on Ultra at 1900x1200. Why are you toning settings down? What's your card memory? 512 or 1GB?

Just one or two things. Can't remember off the top of my head. I think physics and something else. My CPU is an E6750 so it's really my biggest limiter.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Bahaha consolites became outnumbered at some point. Thread went from PC hate fest to PC game talk.
I'll even it out

Pc gaming is for slow people like bob who don't have the skills on the sticks. That's why he sucks at madden

Rorschach

CB3 said:
I'll even it out

Pc gaming is for slow people like bob who don't have the skills on the sticks. That's why he sucks at madden
Doesn't make any damn sense. The biggest competitive twitch games are on the PC...

Matrix

storybook77 said:
Yea, if you try to play Starcraft 2 multiplayer "slow", you are toast.

whooooo gonna suck big time in online play!

Btw how the heck do you add friends? Not that I'm ready to play online yet.

edit- whoa amazon shipped my game and ill have it tomorrow. The perks of prime and NYC delivery couriers.

Matrix said:
whooooo gonna suck big time in online play!

Btw how the heck do you add friends? Not that I'm ready to play online yet.

edit- whoa amazon shipped my game and ill have it tomorrow. The perks of prime and NYC delivery couriers.

You just click on add friend...then put in the character name and then the code which is 3 digit number we've all given.

Top Bottom