• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
storybook77 said:
You just click on add friend...then put in the character name and then the code which is 3 digit number we've all given.

Ok cool, now to search this thread.... fun.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok mines matrixadw code 348

Matrix

I added everyone who posted their name and code.

Anyone know pheeniks or Fmt's? I didn't see those.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Damn you guys that was just meant to shit on bob. The pc defense force comes running. God The simplest things...

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
I'm not home, you missed that tiny 6 hour window earlier today. Can play later tonight, hopefully. Hopefully wrap up dinner early and be home around 11
i worked till 3 dogz, my bad. Yes we can play tonight.

DCX

Matrix

My guest pass ran out already...wtf I didn't play 7 hours worth :lol

Thankfully my game should be here tomorrow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fisher-price-fun-2-learn-laughtop2.jpg

Sanjuro

I have the demo installed, I just never liked Starcraft. The best one was on Nintendo 64.

Call me when Diablo 3 is out though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Okay, got a 5670 and a 500W PSU. Not the greatest I know, but shit was on sale.

Going to install them both and pray that nothing blows up.

BigAT

Hooray.

We do believe that this change is for the better, and that in the long run it delivers a much more positive experience to the gamers that are willing to try and adapt. Due to the overwhelming feedback however, we will be providing the old-style button commands as an option that can be enabled. We are currently targeting this change to be released around the first week of the NFL season as it will take some time to get through third party approvals.

So if they're shooting to have it patched by early September, we can expect it in Madden 2013?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/07/30/ea-sports-responds-to-madden-11-strategy-pad-controversy

Mrbob

Madden 13 is being too generous. Madden 17 is my bet!

EA damage control is hilarious. Hey Tiburon and Ian Cummings, why don't you guys spend the next year and be productive about features we want instead of shoving ones down our throat we are not asking for! Even DM is having a tough time running damage control right now. :(

dskillzhtown said:
Okay, got a 5670 and a 500W PSU. Not the greatest I know, but shit was on sale.

Going to install them both and pray that nothing blows up.

Blizzard games scale well, you should be good to go now.

If you are aim around 9cst I can just send you the code. Hopefully I get you the right one...I have two given away one already and I forgot which one that is. :lol

I believe you have to put the code in right away before downloading so you can just tell me if its wrong. Or maybe you did the right thing and bought the game already. :D

dskillzhtown

I'll jump on AIM around that time. The install seems to have went well. I am already getting higher resolutions on my desktop than what I had before, lol.

Just tried Sims 3 and WOW!!!! It is like a new game with everything turned to high and the high resolution.

Rorschach

Oh, fuck off, Ian. The default play calling style is used more?! Well tickle my ass and call me Susan! I bet runoff clock was also the most "chosen" option too even though it lessens your time with the demo.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Oh, fuck off, Ian. The default play calling style is used more?! Well tickle my ass and call me Susan! I bet runoff clock was also the most "chosen" option too even though it lessens your time with the demo.

I told you GameFlow would be huge with the casuals, you just keep staying in denial. I bet half the league uses GameFlow, but won't admit it!

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
I told you GameFlow would be huge with the casuals, you just keep staying in denial. I bet half the league uses GameFlow, but won't admit it!
I will use it, in order to learn more of what and why certain plays should and could be called. I watch NFL Matchup for Madden also :/ I won't use it in league play.

I would hope Gameflow and Jaws would have me gameplanning like Wellie in no time.

DCX

dskillzhtown

DMczaf said:

I am intrigued by gameplanning combined with GameFlow. For offline games, it could speed up franchise mode big time.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Whatever. That proves nothing. And the popularity of "Ask Madden 2.0" doesn't mean dick for us. It benefits none of us. If they would have just added a tutorial introducing new comers to Madden, no one would ever need this thing. That's something they could bring back that would be of great use to the "casual" fan.

It doesn't even make any fucking sense. Why is the OC telling Peyton fucking Manning how to read his progressions especially DURING THE FUCKING GAME?! Can you imagine Moore radioing to Peyton Fucking Manning "Establishing the run opens up the passing game later on"? Peyton would bend him over and rape his daughters (in that order).

They used to have tutorials, but then they abandoned them for stupid fucking tackle alley. I can't imagine why you would care one iota about Gameflow. It doesn't do shit for you since you don't play against the AI and it is of no use to our league.

gameflow is raw garbage. i guess i can see the possible value of having the game pick your plays based on the situation (for beginners or even vets who "want to execute a gameplan") but the implementation is horrible. as rors said i dont need some dumb fuck coach chirping in my ear about what should happen. hey motherfucker it may not happen that way, the defense may not allow for your first read to happen, or your 2nd, or your 3rd.

it's just a waste. a waste of time and money for EA. i would much rather have had this stuff go into fixing some of the gameplay issues and online franchise issues. but i guess Ian's charts and such show that we (and everyone else who has played the game basically!) are wrong

Striker

I haven't downloaded the demo yet for HDD reasons, but it's basically like Ask Madden, and the garbage plays from Superstar Mode/Road to Glory, isn't it? Frustrating to play those modes due to the awful playcalling; I have to audible out every time almost. It's ridiculous.

BigAT

Rorschach said:
Whatever. That proves nothing. And the popularity of "Ask Madden 2.0" doesn't mean dick for us. It benefits none of us. If they would have just added a tutorial introducing new comers to Madden, no one would ever need this thing. That's something they could bring back that would be of great use to the "casual" fan.
I think you're giving GameFlow (more like LameFlow, right?) too much credit, it's more like Ask Madden 1.5.

Rorschach

Striker said:
I haven't downloaded the demo yet for HDD reasons, but it's basically like Ask Madden, and the garbage plays from Superstar Mode/Road to Glory, isn't it? Frustrating to play those modes due to the awful playcalling; I have to audible out every time almost. It's ridiculous.
Yes, but the only difference is that, when you're playing the AI, it calls a play on defense that will allow you to succeed. If you go with "conventional" playcalling, the defense can read your hand. So, let's say you use GameFlow and it calls a run to the inside, the defense will call some random defense and you're likely to get a few yards. If you use conventional play calling and call the exact same play, the defense will crowd the line and even call both safeties down. You'll have 9 in the box to contend with. If you call a run outside, they're likely to blitz the corner so you can't get anywhere.

BigAT said:
I think you're giving GameFlow (more like LameFlow, right?) too much credit, it's more like Ask Madden 1.5.
No wai, dude. They talk into your headset!!!!!!!!!

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
It's time to play "Scare Rors To Death"

http://twitter.com/ian_cummings

That's unfortunate. All he's proving is that the majority of players will play with whatever default is. I hope he and the Madden team aren't actually drawing conclusions about the success of gameflow from that.

If they wanted to actually draw more interesting conclusions they'd cull the same data points (gameflow usage) cross-referenced with trueskill matching on xbox live and see what groups of players along the skill curve use gameflow. That'd be a more interesting use of data, but I suppose that's thinking about it too much.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
That's unfortunate. All he's proving is that the majority of players will play with whatever default is. I hope he and the Madden team aren't actually drawing conclusions about the success of gameflow from that.

If they wanted to actually draw more interesting conclusions they'd cull the same data points (gameflow usage) cross-referenced with trueskill matching on xbox live and see what groups of players along the skill curve use gameflow. That'd be a more interesting use of data, but I suppose that's thinking about it too much.
That's what I said! Plus, I imagine most people playing the demo are playing it one or two times and then putting it down. What are you going to do on your first time? Play default and/or try out this new fangled mode to see what it's about. I can't believe that asshole is trying to use this data as proof. You can't extrapolate shit from that without context.

Ramirez

Sanjuro

Now that everyone in here loves Gameflow we should just accept our new genius coach overlords and forget about any sort of instinct.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:

Ding ding ding.

I thought the changes to the pre-snap adjustment system were to stop nanoblitzers? Since it's being changed so easily... I guess not. :x

LJ11

Wellington said:
Ding ding ding.

I thought the changes to the pre-snap adjustment system were to stop nanoblitzers? Since it's being changed so easily... I guess not. :x

Here's the problem with that reason/excuse, they run a 100k money tournament every year. As soon as a feature like hot routing is removed, or made much more difficult, the ones who compete in said tournament scream bloody murder loudest.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a bad decision to move everything over to the D-Pad, no idea why they made it more complicated, but stopping nano-blitzing wasn't one of them.

Just compare Cummings response in a recent interview about Rocket-Catching and why it wasn't "removed" from the game ala NCAA. Granted, user-catching in NCAA is extremely satisfying, you can trigger spectacular catch animations with some of the better WRs, but some of the catches can be over the top.

Bottom line, they want some of this stuff in the game. I mean why the fuck can you drop 11 men into coverage? Couldn't they put some sort of quota, if there are 8 guys dropping disable hot routing on that play. Instead you have DT's dropping back to cover a deep part of the field.

Putting the audibles on the D-Pad would definitely prevent some of this stuff, but it punishes people who don't play the game that way. It's a band aid. If you don't want players to exploit your game, come up with better solutions instead of just making things more difficult.

Rorschach

I mentioned earlier that we might have to look at playing All-Madden this year. I take it back. :lol Yeah, the defense improves a little, but the OL goes to shit. It's not so much that the defense is playing that much better, it's that your OL stops giving a shit. The OL goes to shit and stops blocking people. Half the time, the DEs go in untouched. The run blocking reverts to frustration mode where your guards, fullbacks, and tight ends no longer feel like blocking anyone and sure as hell don't want to block downfield.

Of course, this would all be moot if we had sliders, but I'm pretty certain that it's impossible to put sliders in a franchise mode or else some other sports games would have done it already!

Rorschach said:
I mentioned earlier that we might have to look at playing All-Madden this year. I take it back. :lol Yeah, the defense improves a little, but the OL goes to shit. It's not so much that the defense is playing that much better, it's that your OL stops giving a shit. The OL goes to shit and stops blocking people. Half the time, the DEs go in untouched. The run blocking reverts to frustration mode where your guards, fullbacks, and tight ends no longer feel like blocking anyone and sure as hell don't want to block downfield.

Of course, this would all be moot if we had sliders, but I'm pretty certain that it's impossible to put sliders in a franchise mode or else some other sports GAMES would have done it already!

can't forget NBA/NFL 2k :/

Rorschach said:
It was a joke. NCAA... which is a football game developed by the same damn company has it. So do other sports games.

but you said game (ncaa). but there have actually been multiple games, even aside from EA! i knew it was a joke ;)

Sanjuro

As we get closer, if you guys see any nice deals on the game please post. I will do likewise, I'm predicting though it will just be a standard $20 gift card at TRU or something like that.

Top Bottom