• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just continue down the line of amazon game credit. I dont play full price for shit anymore. Especially since i have amazon prime now. 20 GC from Galaxy 2, 10 from Peace Walker, 10 from NCAA (and a free small fathead!), will get 20 from Madden and Halo Reach.

Sanjuro

I'm more of a B&M type guy on day one, but I'm thinking about Amazon since I have the Prime thing free with my student email.

CB3

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm more of a B&M type guy on day one, but I'm thinking about Amazon since I have the Prime thing free with my student email.

Alot of amazons games have release date shipping. I get stuff day one too.

Somnia

If I didn't actually work for GameStop I'd do everything on Amazon...hell I still buy quite a few games on amazon since its cheaper than my employee discount every once in awhile :lol

CB3

Somnia said:
If I didn't actually work for GameStop I'd do everything on Amazon...hell I still buy quite a few games on amazon since its cheaper than my employee discount every once in awhile :lol

You work for the enemy?

DW.jpg

Somnia

CB3 said:
You work for the enemy?

DW.jpg

Good pay (for my position, not so much for everyone in the stores I guess), good benefits :D well and good stock options if the stock wasn't so shitty right now.

CB3

Somnia said:
You need to talk to Luke about that...sorry!

You mean this guy?

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

He's too busy counting his money, taking vacations, and banging hot chicks to be concerned with the little folk!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Feel free to give me a 50% discount on the upcoming halo reach bundle k thx
Why would you need another 360?

And if you're talking about the "limited" edition, then just wait a couple months for it to drop in price to like 20 dollars.

CB3

Rorschach said:
Why would you need another 360?

And if you're talking about the "limited" edition, then just wait a couple months for it to drop in price to like 20 dollars.

Its a launch unit. its been replaced a few times but ive had this one for a while. this shits ready to self destruct any time now.

Besides that i still have a shitty 20 Gb hard drive. and the new 360 model is the hotness

Somnia

CB3 said:
Its a launch unit. its been replaced a few times but ive had this one for a while. this shits ready to self destruct any time now.

Besides that i still have a shitty 20 Gb hard drive. and the new 360 model is the hotness

Ouch no hdmi and a 20gb...I feel bad for your lil 360 =(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
You mean this guy?

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

He's too busy counting his money, taking vacations, and banging hot chicks to be concerned with the little folk!
Scrooge is such a damned fool. He could be raking in interest money, and if he had it in a bank or several trusts, he would have his cash insured. No need to worry about those infernal Beagal Boys.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Scrooge is such a damned fool. He could be raking in interest money, and if he had it in a bank or several trusts, he would have his cash insured. No need to worry about those infernal Beagal Boys.
He doesn't pay the IRS a single penny this way and he has several investments throughout Duckburg. The city is pretty much his anyway. Also, he has supplied several interest heavy loans to other ducks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
He doesn't pay the IRS a single penny this way and he has several investments throughout Duckburg. The city is pretty much his anyway. Also, he has supplied several interest heavy loans to other ducks.
:lol

Thankfully 11 is out next week.

NFL Topic is painful at this point.

Somnia

Wellington said:
:lol

Thankfully 11 is out next week.

NFL Topic is painful at this point.

Dez better not be taken out while he's hurt...if he is we better wait to start the league! :D

edit: Sorry Crow sounds like Moreno hurt his right hamstring =/ (just got an update as I posted)

Rorschach

They don't take out injured players unless they're out for the season. Even then, you get some players with exceptions like Merriman.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Dez better not be taken out while he's hurt...if he is we better wait to start the league! :D

edit: Sorry Crow sounds like Moreno hurt his right hamstring =/ (just got an update as I posted)
It won't matter. I may beg for us to wait for a roster update or two, but it ain't happening!

Mrbob

I want a recent roster update too. I got hosed last season missing two of my starting WR because we started the league early.

CB3

Mrbob said:
I want a recent roster update too. I got hosed last season missing two of my starting WR because we started the league early.

Please. the only WR you use is Hester on the wheel routes anyway

Rorschach

I vote we wait until week 2 of the regular season. Not being sarcastic either. The longer we wait it out, the better chance I have of playing. :lol

Mrbob

I'm going to have a 1, 2, 3 WR punch this year w/ Olsen. Chester Taylor coming out of the backfield alongside Forte and Jcut dominating everyone. Yeah every defense is on notice this season. Going to have to draft all offensive line to replace my Swiss cheese. Tank the first season and go from there!

CB3

Mrbob said:
I'm going to have a 1, 2, 3 WR punch this season w/ Olsen. Chester Taylor coming out of the backfield with Forte and Jcut dominating everyone. Yeah every defense is on notice this season.
Your right. im sure every defensive coordinator has told their guys that culter is an interception machine and that their best pass catchers are infact the running backs.

Jarate

Banned
I'd join but I'd have to play most of my games in the daytime due to my job. Would you guys be willing to accommodate me?

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
West Coast Madden GAF likes to play their games at 2am real time so it would probably be tough.
That's not true. The one you should worry about is MrBob. He likes to play his games at the last possible minute so you have to fit your schedule around him.

Jarate

Banned
I mean I could theoretically play my games late at nights too, but idk what type of condition i'd be in after work. I'll join up if you let me play my games either midday or after like 12 AM

the is all Eastern Time btw

Somnia

Rorschach said:
That's not true. The one you should worry about is MrBob/Smokey. He likes to play his games at the last possible minute so you have to fit your schedule around him.

Fixed that for ya Rors

Rorschach

Jarate said:
I mean I could theoretically play my games late at nights too, but idk what type of condition i'd be in after work. I'll join up if you let me play my games either midday or after like 12 AM

the is all Eastern Time btw
That wouldn't be much of a problem for us Best Coasters, but it would be a problem for our Eastern brethren.

btw- FMT: are we full yet?

Somnia said:
Fixed that for ya Rors
Is he the new Boob? Maybe he's just filling in since Boobles didn't play NCAA.

Jarate

Banned
Hopefully we aren't full, cause all this asking would be for nothing.

I guess I'll give it a try. If it turns out that I can't do that, I'll try my hardest to find a replacement

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jarate said:
Hopefully we aren't full, cause all this asking would be for nothing.

I guess I'll give it a try. If it turns out that I can't do that, I'll try my hardest to find a replacement
Well can you play during the day on weekends? our advancing schedule is conducive to making things work.

Actually, one thing I would ask is if instead of a 9PM Pacific advance we make it a 9 Eastern one!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
:\ Update the OP so you don't confuse peoples! I know fiddy and Dskillz said they aren't playing. Pheenix has no 360. Where's peterbro?

I swore Petey posted in here at some point saying he couldn't wait to play. I assumed he meant with us :lol

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
They don't take out injured players unless they're out for the season. Even then, you get some players with exceptions like Merriman.

Fuck yeah! I think that was the season I made the playoffs! Tons of other people had to play without their stars but all I had to do was move Roide Merriman up the depth chart every week.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think this is the least excited I have been for a Madden release in a long time. Stoked for the league, but bummed about this year's release. I really hope the final version is an iimprovement over 10.....

LiveWire

Yea, and it doesn't help that SC2 is out and several other high profile games are coming in the next two months. Oh well, there's always Madden 12!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
I think this is the least excited I have been for a Madden release in a long time. Stoked for the league, but bummed about this year's release. I really hope the final version is an iimprovement over 10.....
I wanna do a full-fledged FIFA league this year. Was tough with 10 for whatever reason. Part of it is that people who don't play in ANY leagues (*cough* Euros *cough*) think they want to play in FIFA, sign up, and then since they have no idea what it actually means just disappear or are flakes. Done it successfully four times before though (including Winning Eleven back in the day). Maybe Maddeners would be up for it? I find among my friends that FIFA is by far the most accessible.

LiveWire

I was thinking of getting FIFA this year, I'd be down for a league. Does it support 22-player multiplayer? Or are you thinking of one player per team like our Madden league, with each player choosing a Premiership team?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LiveWire said:
I was thinking of getting FIFA this year, I'd be down for a league. Does it support 22-player multiplayer?
I think it's still 20 for the FIFA Clubs thing (CPU GK). Clubs is actually pretty cool if you can get 5 or more people together. League would of course be traditional 1v1.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:

I think it is a case of the new back of the box features are directed at the casual crowd who they were worried about losing to Backbreaker. Locomotion is a subtle touch that will have more impact on gameplay for others, but it isn't exactly sexy. Last year was Online Franchise to get excited about. This year is huge for casuals, hardcore not so much. Unless you really want to jump into gameplanning.

I know atleast one person who lives in the northeast who is probably excited about that.

Top Bottom