• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

daw840

Lonestar said:
Daw with the Big Boy Word :lol

Lets just say, 3 letters, it starts with an F, ends with a G, and there's a single vowel in the middle. And it ain't O.

Hey now, political correctness is out the window when an F lands on a triple letter score....

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
daw840 said:
Hey now, political correctness is out the window when an F lands on a triple letter score....

I would have made Qag work!

I just played Queen on someone, Thank God for blank spaces, Q needs that U!

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Daw with the Big Boy Word :lol

Lets just say, 3 letters, it starts with an F, ends with a G, and there's a single vowel in the middle. And it ain't O.
What's wrong with talking about some delicious figs?

Lonestar

BigAT said:
What's wrong with talking about some delicious figs?

Feg off!

Oh snap, Z on the Triple Letter.

mike-tyson-buster-douglas.jpg

augmental

If anybody has the game yet...can you confirm that when you win the Super Bowl, the Obama jersey at the end has a '45' instead of a '44'? I heard EA dorked this up...saying you won the 44th Super Bowl, which was last years.

Rorschach

augmental said:
If anybody has the game yet...can you confirm that when you win the Super Bowl, the Obama jersey at the end has a '45' instead of a '44'? I heard EA dorked this up...saying you won the 44th Super Bowl, which was last years.
Obama is the 44th president.

[edit]
Here's a screen grab from someone playing as the Bungles:

Nwl9R.jpg

Mrbob

The post Super Bowl win White House trip should be a cool cinematic, but we know Tiburon has no true cinematic direction based on previous game cut scenes. I expect these segments to be laughable at best.

Nightz

Mrbob said:
The post Super Bowl win White House trip should be a cool cinematic, but we know Tiburon has no true cinematic direction based on previous game cut scenes. I expect these segments to be laughable at best.
I'm already laughing at the screen grab Rors posted.

Lonestar

Mrbob said:

Someone posted 3 of them earlier. I think it was the Saints (the announcer mentioned a repeat for them), the Lions (LOL, like that'll happen) and someone else. Was it the Jets?

Lonestar said:
Someone posted 3 of them earlier. I think it was the Saints (the announcer mentioned a repeat for them), the Lions (LOL, like that'll happen) and someone else. Was it the Jets?

believe in 2012!

daw840

So, Word Feud wouldn't accept "DENALI" but "GETA" was perfectly fine. OOOOOK. Anyways. EAT IT CB!

edit: Damn, then I just rocked "QUID" on Eznark with the Q on a double letter and the D on a double word! 50 points!

Miguel

daw840 said:
So, Word Feud wouldn't accept "DENALI" but "GETA" was perfectly fine. OOOOOK. Anyways. EAT IT CB!

edit: Damn, then I just rocked "QUID" on Eznark with the Q on a double letter and the D on a double word! 50 points!
That was me, you motherfucker >:|

Edit: no wait, that was GUID. FUCK YOU ANYWAY >:|

:lol

Miguel

CB and I are having an epic fight to the finish...

231 - 228

0 tiles left

Only what we have remaining.

Stealth edit: :lol I totally fucked up... left a J next to a DW, >:|

231 - 261

_M
_I
OX

21 pts, still going...

252 - 261

eznark

Banned
daw840 said:

third world currency slang should not f'ing count.

eznark

Banned
hom:
1. a sacred plant of the Parsees and ancient Persians
2. a drink made from this plant

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. you're just randomly dropping letters.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
hom:

ah good ol scrabble. this is why people who can't even speak english are world-class-level players

i still don't get why none of these apps let you play with more than 2

daw840

eznark said:
hom:

:lol :lol

I didn't have many options on that one. I wanted to go with Home, but there wasn't room. So I decided to see if Hom worked. AND IT DID!!

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
What does this mean? I thought you were a Bears fan? Don't they have hot cheerleaders/TV Hosts in Chicago?
They used to have the "Honey Bears", but they were dissolved awhile back.

I'm really just kidding about being a Jets fan now...just admiring the eye candy. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
when does the league start again? forgot this thing comes out in five days. i'm out through roughly the 16th but i presume we're not starting before then anyway

LiveWire

I think Rors suggested Week 1 or 2 of the NFL season? I'm inclined to agree, not just for the roster patch, but for the snowball's chance in hell the gameplay/bugs get fixed.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am all for us waiting until at least week 1 of the NFL. I fear their will be several issues to discuss that will undoubtedly show up on OS Forums and elsewhere.

Lonestar

daw840 said:
:lol :lol

I didn't have many options on that one. I wanted to go with Home, but there wasn't room. So I decided to see if Hom worked. AND IT DID!!

What the hell is HAJ?!?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Rorschach said:
Obama is the 44th president.

[edit]
Here's a screen grab from someone playing as the Bungles:

it's like those CG movies from the Taiwanese news

Lonestar

daw840 said:
That would be me grasping at straws while being destroyed by an english savant named lonemdg

I don't know what Gora was, but Droid, Queen, Tuneup, Began, Harp, Coin, Skit, Called? BIG TIME ENGLISH

I was just going to put Lead on that last turn, but then got to thinking, I've got another L and a C. Lead can become Called!

LiveWire

It's not your words Lone, it's that you must've stepped in the biggest pile of shit because you get the perfect lineup of letters every time, while I get stuck with shit like V I I A O U A.

Lonestar

Thanks for playing Raft. I first tried Tizy, that didn't work. I needed to use the Z, and boom, Ditzy works!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
I don't see how people can enjoy this type of game. WHY IS THERE NO PENALTY FOR GUESSING
exactly. this is just as annoying as the lack of 3-4p modes. there is an app that fails you out for guessing but i forget what it's called. ideal one for me would be like real scrabble where you can play 2-4 and put down bs words but have challenges available

daw840

AstroLad said:
exactly. this is just as annoying as the lack of 3-4p modes. there is an app that fails you out for guessing but i forget what it's called. ideal one for me would be like real scrabble where you can play 2-4 and put down bs words but have challenges available

That would be really sweet. Go find a developer and get on it!

LiveWire

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100805/madden

"The Franchise: How Madden NFL became a dynasty"

One of the better quotes:

Josh Cribbs said:
"I used to play 'Madden' all the time with [former teammate] Kellen Winslow [Jr.]," he said. "When Kellen got married, he did it at his house. After the ceremony, he went to play 'Madden'! He just got married. His wife is sitting there. And he's playing. We all made fun of him."

Top Bottom