• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh also, can we *please* wait until a roster update before league play? No Keith Bulluck, guys that are out for the year still there as starters, Brett Favre in the game, etc.

DMczaf

Tell FMT. Dude loves to rush the start of leagues for no reason!

...actually, there is a reason. You guys keep bullying him into starting it! Leave him alone!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
Played a quarter on all-pro difficulty. Noticed that sack counts were way up. After super-simming I went to take a look at the replays to see what was up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6huna5tbo

:|

That's just what I was able to see through not super simming.

The running game is going to be hard to stop, even with similar blocking issues. Guys refused to go down.
What in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7haG3XH1t8

Going to have some problems against creative blitzers.

Every team has a Madden moment except the Giants. What is this. :| The only one they are featured in is the Phillip Rivers drive when down by six. Thanks assholes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Okay well:

+ Man Coverage seems better than last year. The money play isn't 100% money, only 90%.
+ Pathfinding to the QB seems better. Will see better blitzing.
+ On rushing plays, the OL doesn't get shed by the DL instantly
+ They seemed to have fixed the issue of guys falling out of bounds and the clock continuing. That was infuriating last year.
+ Backs seem much improved in pass pro. Multiple times guys have stepped up and taken on blitzers or oncoming DL.

- On passing plays, the OL doesn't do a great job of identifying who to block. Specifically, against combo blitzes from different levels, the blocking AI gets confused. I will have to look at it more closely but I think it's a prioritized system, meaning blocking the DL gets highest priority, LBs second, and DBs third. This could cause havoc with ZBs and more exotic stuff. I'll look into it more tho.
- RBs are harder to bring down. I've been going through the Madden Moments to get a feel for all the teams, most RBs bust through the first hit no problem.
- You asked for it, you got it, QBs now randomly miss passes. Peyton, Brees, Brady included.

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
- You asked for it, you got it, QBs now randomly miss passes. Peyton, Brees, Brady included.
...so basically I'm going to be buying college football with NFL teams? Fuck you EA.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
:lol YOU asked for it. I was already experiencing it last year.

DMczaf said:
You guys better get your Online Team Play teams ready. We're doing a tourney this week!

Team Champion is ready!
roses.jpg

DMczaf said:
Good. You can use the time to find out we have to play on All-Madden this year. It's going to happen!
Impossible if the demo is any indication. The OL play on All-Madden is horrible. Not only do DEs come in untouched on practically every down, but the run blocking turns into Madden 10 run blocking and suction tackles return. Fuck that noise.

Wellington said:
Played a quarter on all-pro difficulty. Noticed that sack counts were way up. After super-simming I went to take a look at the replays to see what was up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6huna5tbo
Those aren't so bad. Try all-madden and see how bad it is. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Those aren't so bad. Try all-madden and see how bad it is. :(
I'm with you on the OL just becoming retards on All Madden. This has been an issue since Madden was invented. I'll give it a whirl later or tomorrow.

YOU asked for it. I was already experiencing it last year.

I didn't think 10 was as bad as 9 as far as robo QBs went.

I realized it takes me forever to get through a game because I watch the replay of every play right after the ref blows the whistle. :|

DMczaf

If it wasn't for the fact that DeAngelo Williams does worst than that against the real life Bucs....

:|

hate him so much.

Rorschach

Williams beasted me last year in the playoffs. :(

Madden moments always felt different from the actual game.

btw- welcome to the club of not having Madden Moments. The Raiders never had one. :lol Some shitty teams had TWO and they were both made up! I suppose this year they'll give us the Steelers game at least.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Williams beasted me last year in the playoffs. :(

Madden moments always felt different from the actual game.

btw- welcome to the club of not having Madden Moments. The Raiders never had one. :lol Some shitty teams had TWO and they were both made up! I suppose this year they'll give us the Steelers game at least.
You get Bruce Gradkowski against the Chiefs.

thank GOD for inaccurate qb's. i don't know how many more "20/22, 422 yards" type games i can take. when pat white wins a superbowl there is something wrong with the passing game (no offense rors, there's also something wrong with the receiving game when DHB catches more than 6 passes in a season!)

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
thank GOD for inaccurate qb's. i don't know how many more "20/22, 422 yards" type games i can take. when pat white wins a superbowl there is something wrong with the passing game (no offense rors, there's also something wrong with the receiving game when DHB catches more than 6 passes in a season!)
Meh. I had to deal with Pat White and my other QBs throwing to the complete opposite side of the field regularly and DHB lead the league in drops that year. It's not my fault they showed up for that game. It's not like it wasn't there. It's that everyone had a good QB by season 3. All this bullshit where you guys pretend there was no such thing as bad QBs is stupid. You don't remember it because you had one by season 2, but if there wasn't a big discrepancy, you wouldn't have taken a QB with your first overall and dumped your other QBs and I wouldn't have shipped JRuss after 1 season or Delhomme or White.

PS:
Despite @GarnettLee's superhuman T. Romo performance (16/16, 309, 4 TD), we lost a last minute heartbreaker to the Saints, 34-37 in OTP.about 8 hours ago via web
Pass defense is shittier than ever.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Pass defense is shittier than ever."

Fuck EA, now I won't win a game this year.

DMczaf

That was Online Team Play. Garnett was talking about how easy it is to score because no one knows how to actually play defense outside of dline :lol

Team Champion won't have that problem *smug*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Garnett was talking about how easy it is to score because no one knows how to actually play defense outside of dline :lol

That's kinda pathetic :lol

Rorschach said:
Meh. I had to deal with Pat White and my other QBs throwing to the complete opposite side of the field regularly and DHB lead the league in drops that year. It's not my fault they showed up for that game. It's not like it wasn't there. It's that everyone had a good QB by season 3. All this bullshit where you guys pretend there was no such thing as bad QBs is stupid. You don't remember it because you had one by season 2, but if there wasn't a big discrepancy, you wouldn't have taken a QB with your first overall and dumped your other QBs and I wouldn't have shipped JRuss after 1 season or Delhomme or White.

PS:

Pass defense is shittier than ever.

well there were bad throws by even jack english (every once in a while!), but for every "bad" throw pat white mad, he freeballed quite a bit too.... although i only played you twice so maybe those were abberation games :(

and from reading opsports i'm hearing good things about the game. defense seems to be somewhat improved over last year. i think they are also "improving" pass defense by improving ball tracking by the defense and making the o-line shitty. whatever it takes!

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
That was Online Team Play. Garnett was talking about how easy it is to score because no one knows how to actually play defense outside of dline :lol

Team Champion won't have that problem *smug*

That's 80% of this league. :lol

I wonder how bad the lag will be with 6 different people in the same game?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well there were bad throws by even jack english (every once in a while!), but for every "bad" throw pat white mad, he freeballed quite a bit too.... although i only played you twice so maybe those were abberation games :(

and from reading opsports i'm hearing good things about the game. defense seems to be somewhat improved over last year. i think they are also "improving" pass defense by improving ball tracking by the defense and making the o-line shitty. whatever it takes!
The first time you played me, I didn't have Pat White. He only met you in the SB. So you're basing it off one game... the only game where I decided to freeball because of DM. :lol It turned out that he had a 99 TOR rating which made him superman while doing so.

The only thing that has improved on defense is the pass rush. That's it. That might lead to some picks and stuff, but not against good teams (any of last year's playoff teams). The only ones affected will be shitty teams like the Raiders, Rams, Browns, etc. I'd say the better half of the league will be torching the pass defense.

Nightz

Donny_Moore Madden NFL 11 roster update is out! For those lucky enough to have an early copy. ;) #madden11 22 minutes ago via web

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Donny_Moore Madden NFL 11 roster update is out! For those lucky enough to have an early copy. ;) #madden11 22 minutes ago via web
...wtf is he updating since they haven't even played a single off-season game? This pissed me off last year when my rookies were downgraded without having taken a single fucking snap.

Striker

I'll take rookies being downgraded. They're too high anyway!

What's going to be stupid is seeing certain guys getting lifted because they'll or have earned a starting job based off camp. Brian Robiskie is rated 65 off last season's play, but he'll likely start the first pre-season game with Massaquoi, and EA has Cribbs at 78 already. So they'll probably boost him up without even really proving anything.

DMczaf

With Madden 11 the loading times are a bit shorter from the disc and comparable from the hard drive when put up against Madden 10 and the actual game install is half a gig smaller.

I guess Donny took JRuss out of the game

Rorschach

Striker said:
I'll take rookies being downgraded. They're too high anyway!

What's going to be stupid is seeing certain guys getting lifted because they'll or have earned a starting job based off camp. Brian Robiskie is rated 65 off last season's play, but he'll likely start the first pre-season game with Massaquoi, and EA has Cribbs at 78 already. So they'll probably boost him up without even really proving anything.
It would be fine with me if the entire first round got downgraded, but last year it was mostly my guys being attacked. :|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
...wtf is he updating since they haven't even played a single off-season game? This pissed me off last year when my rookies were downgraded without having taken a single fucking snap.
Late signings weren't on their teams. Keith Bulluck and TO specifically.

As far as the easiness of the passing game, I think once a guy gets off a press, the DB is penalized more than it was in past years. I think that's how they fixed the deep ball.

Somnia

Well missed most of the pre-season game, but god I am so ready to start playing Madden again with you guys and to get this season going (the nfl and our league). Madden is the only game I play consistently all year due to you guys!

i played the demo some more on all-madden and honestly had a good time.

i think EA's problems when it comes to DB play and o-line play is that they do not have an animation representing a "blown assignment", which happens often in the NFL. so you have a play in the nfl where a guy just gets confused and the end comes in untouched for a sack. well, in madden you have a guy and there is a defender right there and he doesn't block him. it looks fucking stupid. is the end result the same as it is in the NFL? yes. but it just doesn't look right. the same thing with DB's. there were plenty of plays where the DB's of the colts played it perfectly, and then some where the db made his cut literally 2 seconds late to follow the WR and of course the WR is open by a mile.

i have made peace with the fact that we aren't going to get what we want this year, but that doesn't mean the game can't be enjoyable.... in spite of EA's refusal to give the player the tools to tune the game to his liking.

btw just as a heads up LJ told me he's not going to be participating in the league. i told him lets just see how the game turns out before we finalize the roster. i think that goes for everyone. i'm going to run the franchise without a doubt, i love the NFL too much and i have a great time in the league, but if you get the game and are just completely unhappy with it just give it some time before you commit to not playing. we don't know what type of patches will be released and how it will change the game!

BigAT

Have they said whether or not sliders will work with OF this year?

Looking at the NCAA thread maybe it would be for the best if they don't.
lvEyC.gif

BigAT said:
Have they said whether or not sliders will work with OF this year?

Looking at the NCAA thread maybe it would be for the best if they don't.
lvEyC.gif

all they've said is that there are no major additions to online franchise so i assume no.

probably for the best.... if we have so much divide on sliders with 12 people i can only imagine 32 people complaining about different sliders :lol

DMczaf

btw, make sure you make an online franchise and sim to the playoffs to make sure the tiebreakers work like promised!

DMczaf said:
btw, make sure you make an online franchise and sim to the playoffs to make sure the tiebreakers work like promised!

it will take me like 12 hours to do that since you can't advance to a week until 30 minutes have passed on the new week.... so yeah

DCX

DCX
I'm in, even though this year is going to be tough due to not having the Falcons, but like FMT said, i need the NFL in my life and plus it's already paid for, used Gamestop bucks to pay for it. No loss really. Go RAms, go :(

DCX

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Holy crap I just read through all the posts in this thread. Slow day at work geez.

Anyways I never even knew Madden had this feature! I'm gonna dust off my Madden 09 and try this out tonight. If this feels good I'd love to join the league if you guys have space. I'm a Browns fan so I'd gladly take them if they are available.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Wut?? :lol
Yep, that was the case in '10 as well. It made it a real pain to do a simulated league for my own information.

Is there a new website for '11 OF or is the same one as '10? Anyone want to take a bet that they put in something that breaks SableStats but adds no new functionality?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
BigAT said:
Yep, that was the case in '10 as well. It made it a real pain to do a simulated league for my own information.

Is there a new website for '11 OF or is the same one as '10? Anyone want to take a bet that they put in something that breaks SableStats but adds no new functionality?

I don't think any changes were made to the site outside of changing the 10 to an 11.

Top Bottom