• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

LiveWire

16-hour days my ass. Fuck Tiburon. 16 hours of what? I'd love to see one of their douchebag staffers come in here and try to explain how he spends that much time on a game that clearly has had little to no changes in core gameplay. The only people who get a pass are the people who worked with Gus Johnson recording his new lines, that I can understand taking a little while. And even then, the end result comes off as even more scripted than Robo-Hammond!!!!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
16 hours may be accurate. Considering they have had 11 finished for at least a couple of months, I understand why some say their dev cycle is brutal.

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
16 hours may be accurate. Considering they have had 11 finished for at least a couple of months, I understand why some say their dev cycle is brutal.

11-15 are already in the can, just need to change names. They are focusing on the ipad version 16 hours a day, most of the time spent trying to figure out why people buy ipads.

BigAT

LiveWire said:
16-hour days my ass. Fuck Tiburon. 16 hours of what? I'd love to see one of their douchebag staffers come in here and try to explain how he spends that much time on a game that clearly has had little to no changes in core gameplay. The only people who get a pass are the people who worked with Gus Johnson recording his new lines, that I can understand taking a little while. And even then, the end result comes off as even more scripted than Robo-Hammond!!!!
They work 16 hour days, but they only work for three weeks out of the year.

LiveWire

Another brilliant quote from the article:

He is sitting at the far end of a marble-top conference table inside his Pleasanton, Calif., production studio, a short drive from his family home. There's plenty of food, divided into what Madden terms "floaters" (mixed green salad) and "sinkers" (baked ziti, meatballs the size of cue balls).

:lol :lol :lol

Also:

"Current Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris told game producers that playing "Madden" has influenced the way he runs his team."

daw840

What the hell? If I turn off my phone and reboot it I lose all the ongoing wordfeud games I was playing?!? That's weak shit right there.

eznark

Banned
daw840 said:
What the hell? If I turn off my phone and reboot it I lose all the ongoing wordfeud games I was playing?!? That's weak shit right there.
all my games are gone as well, and I did not reboot. Maybe they just wiped their servers because they realize their rules were bullshit.

BigAT

I had some problems with mine yesterday when I used a task killer on Word Feud and I thought all of my games were wiped. They eventually came back, I'm sure from what. I think it might have been after I joined a new game and it refreshed my games list.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I'll get the bastard Monday night. Not really willing to make a trek this year to find it.
Monday is good for you, but us mere mortals need the extra two days to be able to compete with you.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Monday is good for you, but us mere mortals need the extra two days to be able to compete with you.
vpLIT.gif

Nightz

Could have had mine today, but I don't feel the "I needz it NAO!" like I did with Madden 10. I might just wait until Tuesday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Could have had mine today, but I don't feel the "I needz it NAO!" like I did with Madden 10. I might just wait until Tuesday.
Get it tomorrow and we'll practice for our eventual games against Rors. It's like DBZ, we need to practice in the hyperbolic time chamber.

Nightz

Wellington said:
Get it tomorrow and we'll practice for our eventual games against Rors. It's like DBZ, we need to practice in the hyperbolic time chamber.
:lol As much as I need the practice, I'll be busy tomorrow and the place is out of the way for me. I might go if I have spare time, but I doubt it.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
I'll get the bastard Monday night. Not really willing to make a trek this year to find it.

I'm betting the place near me will have it but IIRC you're in the Valley so it's a bit of a drive.

Rorschach

Yeah, not willing to do drive out to LA. Doesn't seem worth it this year. Actually, I think I'll skip on Madden this year since I'll be playing Reach 24/7 come September anyway.

LiveWire

Yea it's out down in my neck of the woods at the same place I got it last year but I'm out of town visiting family for the weekend, and I'm not super anxious to get it this year anyway. A nice 2 hour lunch break on Tuesday sounds good. :D

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Yeah, not willing to do drive out to LA. Doesn't seem worth it this year. Actually, I think I'll skip on Madden this year since I'll be playing Reach 24/7 come September anyway.
This. I'm going to be putting tons of time into Reach.

Somnia

I'll have the game Monday night, but won't really be able to put much time in it till Wednesday due to a long day Tuesday. Took Weds/Thursday off though so I'll be free for lots o games!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
I love Halo single player. Not so much multi.

Come to think of it the only multi I do is Madden and RTS games.

We saw what you did in ODST

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I suck at Halo and I still remember DM and FMT laughing at my skills.... fuck you both.

I'll still buy Reach cause peer pressure is my weakness. That's why I'm buying this shitty Madden as well.

eznark

Banned
I know, I can't wait for Elemental either! And Civ V. Man, September is going to be awesome. What's this game about angels you guys are talking about? Can I play with mouse and keyboard?

Mrbob

ODST sucked donkey balls, but I'm looking forward to Reach. Return to form. Only online co op for me, I can't handle the Ramriez's of the Halo world in competitive multi!

DMczaf

Fucking Bob tricked me into getting ODST, we played coop for 5 mins and then he never wanted to play again.

Wanna know why i wont get Starcraft 2 to coop with you?! THATS WHY

Mrbob

You can't stop Starcraft 2, DM! Not even contain!

I'll wear you down! Eventually you'll get SC2 just to hear me stop bugging you about it!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Played a quarter on all-pro difficulty. Noticed that sack counts were way up. After super-simming I went to take a look at the replays to see what was up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6huna5tbo

:|

That's just what I was able to see through not super simming.

The running game is going to be hard to stop, even with similar blocking issues. Guys refused to go down.

LJ11

I see similar shit every Sunday when I watch the Bills. Sim football. :lol

The sack on Kolb wasn't that bad, I mean the CB should have been picked up first, but the LB was going to nab him anyway.

Top Bottom