• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Nightz

dskillzhtown said:
I don't think any changes were made to the site outside of changing the 10 to an 11.
Weren't the videos on the OF site from 10 marked Madden 09? I bet they're still marked 09 this year.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
all they've said is that there are no major additions to online franchise so i assume no.

probably for the best.... if we have so much divide on sliders with 12 people i can only imagine 32 people complaining about different sliders :lol

Honestly, we only really have a couple very outspoken people when it comes to the sliders in the NCAA league.

DenogginizerOS said:
Is there a problem in here, kids?

Nah, no problem. I've only mentioned the sliders a couple of times in GCQs league but I deal with them and don't blame them for my losses. Me and Az have a rivalry of sorts in that league though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i can't believe the league is going to kick off right as civ v and fifa are coming out. i'm not into that many games really but those are like 3 of my top 5. thank god i'm not that into starcraft or i'd be super fucked

storybook77 said:
Nah, no problem. I've only mentioned the sliders a couple of times in GCQs league but I deal with them and don't blame them for my losses. Me and Az have a rivalry of sorts in that league though.

I was talking about FMT's NCAA league anyway. The slider bitching over there is on a whole other level than in our league. Did you lose to Clemson yet?

Azwethinkweiz said:
I was talking about FMT's NCAA league anyway. The slider bitching over there is on a whole other level than in our league. Did you lose to Clemson yet?

I'll probably beat them tonight or tomorrow. I seem to do well against the good teams and get crushed by the mediocre ones......so on second thought, I guess I will lose to Clemson. :\

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
storybook77 said:
Good for you.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Azwethinkweiz said:
That is adorable. It is a shame we couldn't go head to head.

DenogginizerOS said:
That is adorable. It is a shame we couldn't go head to head.

Win your division. I'll be happy to play the Hokies in the ACCCG. I haven't even been paying attention to the coastal. Do you or Somnia have it locked up?

Rorschach

Kave_Man said:
Holy crap I just read through all the posts in this thread. Slow day at work geez.

Anyways I never even knew Madden had this feature! I'm gonna dust off my Madden 09 and try this out tonight. If this feels good I'd love to join the league if you guys have space. I'm a Browns fan so I'd gladly take them if they are available.
09 doesn't have franchise. It's new to Madden 10. 09 has some crappy round-robin league thing.

Right now, we're 3 deep on the waiting list (maybe 2 now). You could play in the upcoming tournaments, though!

Speaking of which, who's making the tourney thread? Who would be interested in 3v3?

Nightz

I'm down for 3 vs. 3. Reviewers seem to be enjoying it, so right now I'm actually looking forward to it more than the online franchise.

Rorschach

If we have the 3v3 tournaments, we're gonna have to set up rules, teams, and distribution of clubs. I'll set up the thread tonight if FMT doesn't get to it!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rorschach said:
09 doesn't have franchise. It's new to Madden 10. 09 has some crappy round-robin league thing.

Right now, we're 3 deep on the waiting list (maybe 2 now). You could play in the upcoming tournaments, though!

Speaking of which, who's making the tourney thread? Who would be interested in 3v3?

Favre once again screws me over!

But yeah I'll still get the game and see what will happen. Thanks for the info.

Birdman02

I'll at least try out the 3v3, since the reviewers seem to like it. I plan on picking it up at a midnight launch somewhere tonight.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Midnight...tonight...

:|

BTW: thanks for notanswering-answering my question earlier, guys!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Midnight...tonight...

:|

BTW: thanks for notanswering-answering my question earlier, guys!
I thought you were joking, but there are a couple of people saying when they were gonna get it anyway. :p

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
I thought you were joking, but there are a couple of people saying when they were gonna get it anyway. :p

I seriously was not joking. I had no idea that this shitty game is coming out tonight. I feel totally apathetic towards it!

Can't wait to pick it up! :|

Lexxon

I'm a newcomer to the Madden League game (haven't really played Madden seriously since 08) but I'd like to get into online league this year. I'm getting the game tomorrow from Amazon on 360 so no issues there. I'm a Giants fan but this late in the game, I expect to get the bottom of the barrel if I'm even given a spot.

BigAT

I don't play a whole lot of ranked games, but that doesn't make this any less awful:

"Definitely understand why people are upset that online quits dont result in a loss for the quitter/win for the quit on if in the 1st half"

LiveWire

Speaking of, what positions can you play in this 3v3? Are they set before the game starts, or can players switch before the snap/mid-play? I wonder if 2 or all 3 people could play the offensive line?

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Speaking of, what positions can you play in this 3v3? Are they set before the game starts, or can players switch before the snap/mid-play? I wonder if 2 or all 3 people could play the offensive line?
1 player per "squad." One person handles either DL, DBs, or LBs. On offense it's QB, RBs, Receivers. There's also a free mode where you can switch anywhere at any time, but that seems confusing to me.

Also, you can play 1v3, 2v2, 2v3, 1v2. Maybe, if we don't get enough people, we can do 2v2.

Lonestar

I gotta imagine that vocal communication is a must. Which would be strange, since it seems like, for years, there's very little talk in games of Madden.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can run, put me in as HB coach Rors!

take me out if vocal is a must since mics don't work with my set up.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone have the game right now and want to give it a whirl?

Further, would you guys want me to create a franchise and check the website? (I guess I should have asked this on Saturday)

Lonestar

Matrix said:

Well, it's not like anyone would have to talk. I just figure on the fly communication would help, when it comes to hot routing and stuff. Maybe even playcalling.

Rorschach

Matrix said:

You know, it might be difficult to find someone who can be a receiver. :lol Maybe the best DBs will turn out to be good WRs.
Lonestar said:
I gotta imagine that vocal communication is a must.
I don't know about "must." I think it would be very beneficial, but as long as 1 person has a headset, it should be fine. You can look at the play-art and see what your job is and the person picking the plays can tell you what he wants.

Wellington said:
Anyone have the game right now and want to give it a whirl?

Further, would you guys want me to create a franchise and check the website? (I guess I should have asked this on Saturday)
I won't have mine 'till midnight. :\

And I'm pretty sure the site is the exact same thing.

^ yes, check the franchise site. that would be darling

and i would be in for 3 v. 3. I got it from amazon, so i'll have it tomorrow

Edit: And i would be willing to be a receiver. My friends and i used to play 2 vs. 2 stuff, and playing receiver was always fun, so i volunteered

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well I'm down if vocal isn't a must for me. I can still hear people through the tv..... I think :\

Ive never been able to play DB so forget about me as WR. Hell I don't even throw well anymore, Carr of old wouldn't even make me look good.

I want to be on a team with Mig so I can look good.

I'm all about LB's and HB's now.

Lonestar

I'll play pretty much anything, but yeah, throw me in the large group of "not too good at DB/WR" :lol

Better at QB than RB, and a little better at DL than LB.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well I created a dummy franchise and:

1) The advancement issue is still there. Must wait 30 mins.

2) All of the links to the online franchise, even directly from the Madden 11 site, still point to the Madden 10 franchise page. Can't even see it. I tried searching for the franchise and it gave me an error, it doesn't exist or whatever.

If anyone wants to fuck around the thing is called GAF Test and password is bjac4pres

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh, I also grabbed the roster, no moves as far as I can see for point totals. They added Keith Bulluck for me... 85 OVR.
25a1zqo.png

With him and Mike Boley at 84.... I can go nuts. :D

Matrix

Nice amazon just shipped my copy, will have it tomorrow. Still love the fact I get $20 to use towards another game.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Oh, I also grabbed the roster, no moves as far as I can see for point totals. They added Keith Bulluck for me... 85 OVR.
25a1zqo.png

With him and Mike Boley at 84.... I can go nuts. :D

Until Bulluck retires next season
25a1zqo.png

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Forgot to mention, playbooks have been altered. I lost a good 12 plays so far from what I see. I lost a play that was a money play, and I didn't see it in anyone else's PB that I've checked so far. Maybe that's how they fixed it. :lol

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Forgot to mention, playbooks have been altered. I lost a good 12 plays so far from what I see. I lost a play that was a money play, and I didn't see it in anyone else's PB that I've checked so far. Maybe that's how they fixed it. :lol

I like the new Seahawks playbook they had at E3. Wish it had a little more shot gun but I definitely like it more than the Seahawks playbook from last year.

I started last year with Seahawks playbook, then went to Pats after I couldn't run the ball. Then went to Saints after I decided I wanted to try and be more balanced again.

i added the people interested in the league. looks like we're about 7 deep right now. maybe 5 deep, i don't know yet. we'll see what happens after everyone gets it.

and lolz @ lonestar. you aren't forced to get the game brah! especially when there is another (better?) football game out.... and you like college more!

but i already know you can't resist human competition :D

Lonestar

If we were on leaguedaddy's website, I'd be embedding the David Bowie/Queen song " Under Pressure" right about now :p

Sanjuro

So just curious on which team I'm going in as. Bengals became a tad more interesting, I may use that as leverage not to get fleeced. :D

Top Bottom