• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
So just curious on which team I'm going in as. Bengals became a tad more interesting, I may use that as leverage not to get fleeced. :D
The Bengals are going to be good. They'll be way better than the Pats on D that's for sure and their offense is way overrated.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
So just curious on which team I'm going in as. Bengals became a tad more interesting, I may use that as leverage not to get fleeced. :D

i don't care if you use the bengals or the pats. but if you do use the bengals i will trade you david carr for TO

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro, if you don't give me the Bengals I am going to take a dive against Frank in the Show which'll knock you out of the playoffs.

Rorschach said:
Trading players for a team is fucking stupid. FMT is off his rocker on that one.

i don't know why you guys care. the only reason lonestar wanted to do this is because he knew he couldn't compete in the AFC east with LJ around but now that LJ is possibly gone he could re-think it.

if i thought you guys were going to throw such a fit over it i wouldn't have ok'd it! but now that i have there's nothing that can be done about it!

Sanjuro

Either way, I get a decent team or my team.

2vwgzth.jpg

I'm clinched eznark. :D

Oh, I'm not making a stink. Just trying to solidify everything.

Striker

The trades of players is real? I thought it was just an inside joke. :lol

I'll take either NYG or CLE.

Is the shitty pro-tak break tackles still in?

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't know why you guys care. the only reason lonestar wanted to do this is because he knew he couldn't compete in the AFC east with LJ around but now that LJ is possibly gone he could re-think it.

if i thought you guys were going to throw such a fit over it i wouldn't have ok'd it! but now that i have there's nothing that can be done about it!

Um, you could cancel it, seeing as how no one in the league is for it aside from the people involved.

Thinking of going to a midnight launch to pick this up, I dunno...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
The trades of players is real? I thought it was just an inside joke. :lol

I'll take either NYG or CLE.

Is the shitty pro-tak break tackles still in?
Yes. I was able to do it with Cedric Benson in one of the Madden Moments.

Rorschach

I'll be up at midnight playing it, but I'm left coast. :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'm not throwing a fit. I'm just telling you I think it's stupid.

Ramirez said:
Um, you could cancel it, seeing as how no one in the league is for it aside from the people involved.

Thinking of going to a midnight launch to pick this up, I dunno...

yeah i could cancel it i guess. wouldn't be fair to the people who i've already given the go-ahead on though. its really not a big deal, coaches have been traded before. trades will be a lot more strict but i don't see the huge issue here

LiveWire

Pfft. Way too early to start trade talks yet.
Give me until 1AM after I've had some time to review the rosters

Hey that guy looks like he could play OL for us. Sign him up!

Nightz

eznark said:
lame, Amazon shipped fedex, which means mine won't get here til late afternoon tomorrow.
Opposite for me. Amazon shipped mine UPS, which doesn't stop by my area until like 4 pm. Fedex is usually here by noon. I won't be home from work yet either way, so it doesn't really affect me.:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
We should announce what we are going to do LIVE at midnight.

As long as I can bring over John Hannah

0803_large.jpg

This is Madden 80, right?

[Party Pooper]That picture is old, Sanjuro. :p [/Party Pooper]

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Should I just show up at a Gamestop at Midnight, with no preorder?

Or can I just play Minecraft instead?

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:

They are going to give you the "We may not have enough copies, you'll have to wait and see." once you mention non-preorder. The reality is they are going to have a billion copies unless you are talking about the lowest of low end Gamestops.

Rorschach

:lol @ DCX and subsequent posts.

Lonestar said:

I think Best Buy or WalMart are the ways to go if you don't have a pre-oder.

Rorschach said:
:lol @ DCX and subsequent posts.

I think Best Buy or WalMart are the ways to go if you don't have a pre-oder.

ugh, i went to walmart to get ff13 at midnight because i had a gift card. Simply terrible. Idk how it is in the rest of the country, but walmart-Michigan is horrific.

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
ugh, i went to walmart to get ff13 at midnight because i had a gift card. Simply terrible. Idk how it is in the rest of the country, but walmart-Michigan is horrific.
Never tried a midnight WalMart release, but I assumed it was easy because a lot of them are open 24/7 now.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
goldlion054 said:

The only one I have gone to at midnight is the new one near me. It is about a year old, brand new. They have actually filmed a few commercials there. So they try their best to keep it looking top-notch and everything running smoothly there.

Mrbob

This IGNER a GAFFER?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111135p1.html

Closing Comments
There’s no question that the gameplay in Madden NFL 11 is great at its core, but some of the AI tuning slants the game too heavily in the offense’s favor. Both Online Team Play and the inclusion of Gus Johnson are fantastic and add a lot to the package, but I can’t help but feel that the moneymakers of old have been cast into the darkness.

I think it’s clear that this year’s Madden is geared toward the mainstream football fan; someone who just wants to come in after playing a game of catch outside and get their hands on some real NFL talent. For that audience Madden NFL 11 delivers. However, if you’re the type of player who sits alone in your living room combing the free agent wire for a player to add to your beloved franchise, I think this year’s Madden is going to leave something to be desired.

8.5 Presentation
Gus Johnson coupled with the cool new Super Bowl presentation and replay elements help bring the look of this year’s broadcast closer to Sunday than ever.
8.5 Graphics
Player details are solid and the animation work on the field just keeps getting better and better every year. Moments of slowdown during some graphical transitions are a downer.
8.0 Sound
Gus is a great addition, but they need to re-work the technology running under the hood so his dialogue isn’t so fragmented. Soundtrack could be more imaginative.
8.5 Gameplay
It’s a great game of football at its core, some of the AI decisions are more annoying than helpful. The added offensive firepower might please mainstream players, but it will upset hardcore fans.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
Madden’s typically deep Franchise Mode has been totally left out in the cold. Online Team Play is great, but it’s not the rock hard, never-ending activity like Owner and Franchise Mode once were.
OVERALL

Impressive
(out of 10)

Seems like he has the same complaints we do. Tiburon better step it up next year. We are taking one for the casual team this year. Ian you better make next years version towards the hardcore again.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
This IGNER a GAFFER?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1111135p1.html

Seems like he has the same complaints we do.
Tiburon better step it up next year. We are taking one for the casual team this year. Ian you better make next years version towards the hardcore again.
Not really. He thinks the "hardcore" gamer is the guy that plays offline franchise alone. The only reason people might be miffed is because offline franchise got ignored in addition to the online component. I don't know what the excuse for that is. Offline franchise was really popular in Madden for a long time. Maybe there's some out-of-context data out there for Ian to shoot at us.

Top Bottom