• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Rorschach said:
Not really. He thinks the "hardcore" gamer is the guy that plays offline franchise alone. The only reason people might be miffed is because offline franchise got ignored in addition to the online component. I don't know what the excuse for that is. Offline franchise was really popular in Madden for a long time. Maybe there's some out-of-context data out there for Ian to shoot at us.

he has charts showing that only 1% of madden franchise play every game of their franchise and finish at least 10 seasons while playing all of said games. worthless to put time into those types of things!

GAMEFLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

BigAT

Anyone else feel like they were sitting around a conference table and someone said, "We've already secured the sports fan's purchase, now what can we do to capture the Modern Warfare demo?" and then someone wrote it on a whiteboard and underlined it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sports games are an awesome cash cow. just sucks how little they reinvest into them (apart from securing licenses)

a quick question for the league members: who cares that i am allowing 2 people to trade teams and why?

"because it's stupid!" isn't an answer either. i'm not saying ill overturn my agreement for the team trades but i want to see how many people beyond cb, rors, and dm actually care

Sanjuro

Like I said, I could go either way. I think the addition of TO and then trade for Merriweather, etc then turns the Bengals into God mode.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
thumbs%20down%20col.gif

This shit is retarded. FMT makes the argument that Coaches get traded. That is true, but how often does that happen? About as often as a big superstar player gets traded. And thats already been ruled against this season

DCX

DCX
I say team traders need to give up their numbers 1 to the worst team in the league..it's only fair.

DCX

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a quick question for the league members: who cares that i am allowing 2 people to trade teams and why?

"because it's stupid!" isn't an answer either. i'm not saying ill overturn my agreement for the team trades but i want to see how many people beyond cb, rors, and dm actually care
Depends really who's being traded. Let it unrest and just let users use the original teams. No necessary need to be dealing with "trades" because of a person using a certain team. For instance, I'm not going to moan and groan if I don't use the Giants, nor will I expect Wellie to make me trade him Kenny Phillips if I did get them. It just seems really trivial, that's all.

P.S. I still am not sure what trade is being underlined here. :lol

Ramirez

I don't even understand the situation fully, does Sanjuro want the Pats, but Lonestar doesn't want to give them up? Let them play for the Pats, loser gets the Bengals, tough titties. I would like Season 1 at least be free of dumb trades like last year.

Just got back from Wal-Mart, me and my wife walk in and it's basically a ghost town, we get stopped by an employee who informs us the store is closed, I tell her I'm there for Madden and she just walks off. :lol I then stop the lady with all of the Maddens and ask her where I check out and turns out the girl who told us they were closed is the one running the register. :lol sigh

CB3

Players and First Round picks will be traded before the season even starts. isnt this what we were trying to avoid? :lol

Sanjuro

Seriously, its not that big of a deal.

The situation is I'm a Pats fan, Lonestar has them. I offered a deal which was swapping Mertiweather and an O-Line for ones on my team. Lonestar seemed kinda split on which team he prefers, so I'm willing to do either or. Whatever he prefers really.

Ramirez

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Seriously, its not that big of a deal.

The situation is I'm a Pats fan, Lonestar has them. I offered a deal which was swapping Mertiweather and an O-Line for ones on my team. Lonestar seemed kinda split on which team he prefers, so I'm willing to do either or. Whatever he prefers really.

You guys should just play for them, I don't see how this is any different of a situation than the other guys who like the same team.

Sanjuro

Because he has tenure and I'm the virgin here. Frankly, I'm going to need to play this game a bit to get into it, last football game I purchased was All Pro.

CB3

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Because he has tenure and I'm the virgin here. Frankly, I'm going to need to play this game a bit to get into it, last football game I purchased was All Pro.

I can see both sides. Lonestar did use the Pats but its not his team because really doesnt have a team. If you were a vet you'd get the Pats hands down. It should even out to you guys playing for them

Sanjuro

The teams are even enough where it is his choice. I'm fine going in either way. Really, isn't that huge a deal, he's not dangling the Pats over my head or anything. I'm just glad to get back into video game football.

Ramirez

I mean, I understand that neither of you wants the Bengals, because that just means you get gangbanged by my Steelers twice a season. :D

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
I can see both sides. Lonestar did use the Pats but its not his team because really doesnt have a team. If you were a vet you'd get the Pats hands down. It should even out to you guys playing for them
bullshit, i'm a vet and FMT threw me to the fucking wolves. I was offered to play for my Falcons..

I'll settle this, up the stakes..Play Lone for the Pats, loser gets Rams i'd take the Bengals :)

DCX

Nightz

Yeah I don't see the need to trade players even before the season starts, especially since Sanjuro seems cool with whatever Lone decides.

And Ram, that's exactly why I left the AFC North. =P

lonestar has been a valuable member of the madden league for a while so even though he isn't a "hardcore pats fan", i'm not going to make him play for them against a 100% new guy

my concern really isn't turning over the pats/bengals trade, but rather storybook having to play for the falcons when they had an agreement on a simple first round pick. i'll wait to hear more objections!

p.s. dcx storybook was there every week of every season he played in and i feel like he should have gotten his shot at the falcons. you are complaining that you'd have to play for them, but basically everyone had to play. wellington plays striker, i offered to play birdman, livewire is playing sable. why are you excused from having to play for a team?

p.s.2 in the falcons/rams "trade" there are no players involved. simply a first round draft pick.

CB3

DCX said:
bullshit, i'm a vet and FMT threw me to the fucking wolves. I was offered to play for my Falcons..

I'll settle this, up the stakes..Play Lone for the Pats, loser gets Rams i'd take the Bengals :)

DCX

thats a different situation. you and story are two vets who are Falcons fans.

Sanjuro

Well, I'm not 100% new exactly in GAF leagues overall. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get trounced anyway. I'm hoping I can get some groove at least some point in the season.

I'll be on tomorrow for sure. I have a few of you on list already, like to get some scrimmages in.

guys at some point tomorrow please try out an all-madden game. i know there are o-line problems worse there but i really want to see if it would be better. we know what human vs. cpu is like on all-madden, we don't know (for sure) what human vs. human is like

DCX

DCX
i'm not excused, but this is different than year's past. You win ownership of a team it's for a whole year :/ Before hey if season 1 you didn't them, season two you could, or vice versa.

Idk, it felt like i had to wait sooo long to get a shot at the Falcons and only cause i did well in a tourney, not head to head against truelize did i get them. Then he quit :/

DCX

bluemax

Banned
I think Sanjuro should do what I did and suck it up and play as a team that isn't his favorite until Lonestar decides to swap teams in a few years. Precedent and what have you.

Birdman02

GG Ram. A couple of missed plays on D cost me...the accidental line shift didn't help either.

Reggie Bush was pretty worthless...3 carries, 2 lost fumbles...1 of them in OT. :(

I <3 Brees, though!!!

Ramirez

GG Birdman.

The Madden team needs to share the online code with NCAA, because Madden feels like I'm playing offline compared to the garbage I get on NCAA. Lovin' the running game so far...

Is the Saints your OF team? I was expecting the 49ers or Jags, came back from the bathroom and you had the Saints, I was like oh sh...:lol

When is the old audible system getting patched in? I can't believe this strategy pad garbage got approved, it's so bad, there is no way you can make all of the adjustments you need to before the ball is snapped.

Rorschach

Over/under is 10 on the number of Affliction/Tapout t-shirts I saw at the midnight release. Keep in mind there were around 30 people there.

Birdman02

DMczaf said:
I'm a grown ass man. I ain't going to a midnight launch with a bunch of kids and bros

:lol

I was 1 of 3 people getting the game at Wal-Mart. There were like 30 people at the Gamestop across the parking lot though.

Rorschach

WTF? They gave Bush 65 stamina. He can't stay in for 2 plays in the entire 4th quarter. WTF? This is the guy that ran an entire game with zero backups and ZERO spells. How is he rated so low in stamina?!

Ramirez

I don't know if it's because I have an actual D-line and some LBs that can stuff the run, but I am enjoying this so much more than NCAA at the moment. Both of my first games went into OT though. :lol Dez Bryant is a killer! You've been warned.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
WTF? They gave Bush 65 stamina. He can't stay in for 2 plays in the entire 4th quarter. WTF? This is the guy that ran an entire game with zero backups and ZERO spells. How is he rated so low in stamina?!
The ghost of Jamarcus Russell!

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
I'm a grown ass man. I ain't going to a midnight launch with a bunch of kids and bros

Well it's even more embarrassing when you're the only one who turned out for it, that's why I made my wife go with me. :lol

Somnia

GG Ram. I am really liking this so far other than the fucking strategy pad. Defense will take a bit to get use to. Players slowing down when changing direction to tackle threw me off and dline play took a bit but i started getting pressure in the 4th and OT.

Dez is a fucking beast :D 4 for 140ish and a TD

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think Rors needs to have at least 10 back up xbox's. Those fuckers hate him.

when is the game getting the patch so we don't have to use the strategy pad? I know for a fact I couldn't get it down in the demo at all :lol That shit will cost me games and it doesn't help I already suck at the games.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
GG Ram. I am really liking this so far other than the fucking strategy pad. Defense will take a bit to get use to. Players slowing down when changing direction to tackle threw me off and dline play took a bit but i started getting pressure in the 4th and OT.

Dez is a fucking beast :D 4 for 140ish and a TD
Can't wait to match up against your O this year. Maybe you'll score a TD this time around!

I'll be home around 7:00 ET if anyone wants to rumble.

RE: Strategy pad - it took a few games to get used to but once you have it down it will be second nature. Hot routes still throw me a little though.

Top Bottom