• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
Just got back from Wal-Mart, me and my wife walk in and it's basically a ghost town, we get stopped by an employee who informs us the store is closed, I tell her I'm there for Madden and she just walks off. :lol I then stop the lady with all of the Maddens and ask her where I check out and turns out the girl who told us they were closed is the one running the register. :lol sigh

All Wal-Marts aren't 24 hours now?

Sanjuro

bluemax said:
I think Sanjuro should do what I did and suck it up and play as a team that isn't his favorite until Lonestar decides to swap teams in a few years. Precedent and what have you.
:lol I have been sucking it up. I keep saying it's not that big of a deal. I think you guys just want blood shed over this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just got it on my break. This work day is going to take forever to finish!

I'm looking forward to seeing how has improved since 09. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol oh noes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/432356-madden-11-is-a-scam-do-not-buy-ea-sports-awful-new-product

"Here is a review for you:

EA Sports is about to commit the single biggest mass theft in the history of commercial industry.

People all over the country are lining up tonight to purchase a game that is actually worse than last year's version, and might be worse than any version since the 2006 edition. Or earlier.

It gets difficult to tell with the fact that the graphics for this edition are slightly cartoonish.

If you want to play cartoon football, I'd suggest digging around for Looney Tunes Party 1994. Thankfully, in case you were looking for an alternative, EA Sports put together this gem of a game.

And it might actually be worse.

EA Sports has actually gone out of their way to cheat literally everyone. They removed most of the important game play features (things like the turbo button, because apparently that was useless) and streamlined the play calling in a manner that actually makes things less fun, while simultaneously NFL "Blitz"-ing the graphics.

And then, after that, they decided to make zero changes to franchise mode or superstar mode, repackaged all of the sayings and videos, and slapped a new number on the cover.

They literally changed nothing about the interface...it is the exact same as 2010.

Only they made everything else about the game worse.

The only thing that could justifiably encourage anyone to purchase this game would be they are too lazy to make the roster changes themselves by downloading roster updates for Madden 10.

And on principle, just to keep EA Sports from making any more profit, I'll come over to your house and download the roster updates for you. If you give me that 60 bucks.

Heck, you'll have a better quality football game that way.

Basically, according to the Madden 11 blog, EA Sports wants everyone to send them suggestions for things they can do to make Madden 12 "revolutionary." They claim it takes more than one year to completely rewrite the game.

So instead they rewrite a few things to make the game worse for a year?

It's actually kind of funny, or perhaps it's evil genius, because there won't be a Madden 12 while the NFL is in lockout mode, which everyone claims is coming. So thanks for lying about that, too, EA.

It wouldn't have taken so long if they hadn't launched a massive, scam advertising campaign with Drew Brees all over the place playing off of people's emotions from the New Orleans Saints' Super Bowl victory. They could have just given that money to the game's designers.

But EA has gotten to the point that they don't care about you or about making a quality game that represents the NFL. All they want to do is turn a dime as easily as they possibly can, while enjoying a ridiculous monopoly on pro football gaming titles from the NFL.

They have either literally run out of technology and ideas to make improvements, or they just don't care, so they've started going backwards in quality in order to see how long they can get away with it.

Save yourself the money, and the sanity this year, and just skip Madden.

If we don't send a huge message by killing their expected profit returns and boycotting this game, we'll never end up with a quality NFL product.

It starts with you having enough self respect to skip being cheated out of your hard earned money."

Sanjuro

Alright new trade announced. If I end up with the Bengals, I'll trade TO and a first round pick for activating GameFlow™. Me and FMT have worked out everything. Deal with it guys.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i don't get it -- that review said nothing substantive other than that a few features were removed! it alludes to a lot of things but that's all

Sanjuro

99pbna.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
i don't get it -- that review said nothing substantive other than that a few features were removed! it alludes to a lot of things but that's all
It's not even accurate. You can turn gameflow off. :|

It's bleacherreport anyway. One of the worst football sites out there.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

in your opinion, we are getting raped this year? Or we will still find a shred of value?

DCX

eznark

Banned
Fucking FedEx. I have to change the oil on my truck and my tractor but I can't get to tractor supply because dude won't leave the package for me...despite the fact that the only people who live within two miles are my in-laws. Pretty sure my father in law isn't going to steal a video game off my porch.

At this rate I'll be lucky to get one game in tonight.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:

Which is why I was laughing. Then again I'm not going into this years version super pumped up like years past :(

Btw is Smokey alive? if not, I'm taking the Texans.

eznark

Banned
fuck it, getting demolished on All- Madden by the Colts. Addai refuses to be tackled. May as well get humiliated by a real player.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CB3 said:
A good idea marred by EA's desire to make money

(Un)fortunately, alot of people played that crap last year. EA was really happy with the card pack sales. Basically money for nothing. They felt like it extended the life of the game. The numbers did prove they were right. I didn't like it much, but then again I only played a handful of games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
just got the game in from amazon unfortunately going out for a week so i won't get to play it for a little while.

one observation is that every year they pretend to make strides toward making the game more accessible, and in fact it seems that most of the resources this year were poured into just that (whatever you think of the product of that effort) and yet the manual remains like half a page long

eznark

Banned
good game dude, Dolphins D is tough!

Fear not folks, Wildcat is 1000% useless.

Wow, we were able to play a game in like 25 minutes! Rad.

LiveWire

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Just got the game in. The presentation and soundtracks are the best I have probably ever seen.

Sadly they cut off "Hail to the Redskins" after one verse (I assume they do the same for "Skol Vikings" and 'Fly Eagles Fly"). I'll just have to sing the rest of the song for y'all during the extra point and ensuing kickoff. :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Sadly they cut off "Hail to the Redskins" after one verse (I assume they do the same for "Skol Vikings" and 'Fly Eagles Fly"). I'll just have to sing the rest of the song for y'all during the extra point and ensuing kickoff. :D

I think Fly Eagles Fly went the whole thing

Sanjuro

DCX said:
notsure.gif

DCX
Well there is no annoying rap beats I have heard so far, and they have done a great great great job with the in stadium music.

Also my gamertag is same as here: Sanjuro Tsubaki

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well there is no annoying rap beats I have heard so far, and they have done a great great great job with the in stadium music.

Pft. the 2Pac song on Madden 10 was the best thing on that soundtrack

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

You are my list. You are valuable when it comes to TMNT :) I didn't know if you were being serious, that good to hear. I'm a sucker for immersion.

DCX

Ramirez

The "Here we go Steelers" chant sounds SO out of place compared to the rest of the crowd noise, it's a corny chant to begin with, but it sounds really bad in the game.

Top Bottom