• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Mrbob

Oh god hahahah it is too easy with you. :D

If I were to buy RUSE I'd get it on the PC!

In Rock/Paper/Scissors PC trumps all.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Motion controls fucking blow. Especially ones where you have to wave two glowing dildo's around.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Never heard of Ruse and holy shit that sounds boring as hell, a Bob wet dream.

btw Bob, I have close to 70 friends on my PSN and you are the lone with Plus. I find you special, but in that slow kinda way :p

Mrbob

Playstation Plus > Live Gold

Take that to the bank!

Oh wait I did collecting on over 30 dollars worth of freebies in the first month! :D

Don't let Matrix fool you. He already told me he plans on getting Playstation Plus soon.

CB3

I can send you a bag of my shit free of charge.

Just cause its free doesnt mean its good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha that's just so you will stop bothering me with messages on PSN when I'm in the middle of an online red dead co-op mission with my brother or playing a game of Fifa online.

I find it a shitty deal right now, cause nothing interests me at all. Trust me, if I wanted it, I would have bought it already.

Mrbob

You get a bag from MS yearly, must be getting used to the taste by now. Except you are paying 50 dollars a a year for it. MS has people trained to pay a yearly fee for peer to peer online gaming.

CB3

DC Online seemed cool till they announced it would be an extra 10/15 bucks a month or whatever. Bullshit.

Live's Party system/voice chat/lag free gameplay is superior to Sony's bullshit. But hey you get a demo of Infamous! a year old game!

Matrix

CB3 said:
DC Online seemed cool till they announced it would be an extra 10/15 bucks a month or whatever. Bullshit

What fuck for real? damn it all to hell.

Mrbob

Oh god these avatars are driving me insane. On a related note I just saw Matrix new tag!

Matrix

:lol

Matrix

Yea I'm starting to get annoyed with this avatar. I'll have to go into the nba thread again and bitch about the Grizz and shit so I can get it changed.

I think I'm one of the few posters on GAF who has no rights over their own avatar :(

Rorschach

I just blocked those avatars. Much better.

360 is fucking up again... and it's the fucking disc so I might be out of warranty soon since it's been a year since I bought this one for Madden.

bluemax

Banned
Miguel said:
Have I ever bailed on a Madden league? Madden is LIFE.

True Story MiG and I once played a league game at like 2am my time which is like 4am his time. And we did this even after having already played our league game, simply because we were dissatisfied with the results!

Wellington said:
I am really worried about this year being a simple roster update. Ball carrier mechanics aside, I'm nervous about whether or not they hit some of the problem areas and if some of the exploitable AI issues will return. Seasons 4 and 5 were abominable since at that point every knew what fucked up the AI.

I'm in, but if there are a lot of the same problems, I won't be too interested in playing another five seasons.

It pretty much is if E3 is any indication.

Ramirez said:
Pick Up 6
Win a Fight for the Fumble in the end zone for a TD (no OTP) 75

I thought this garbage was out of the game?

It's back but it certainly feels like its been tuned some. Still annoying.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
It pretty much is if E3 is any indication.

Alright well if this is the case I am going to make Tiburon pay for this. I'm considering starting a blog and my entries will consist of what is wrong with the game, every day a different issue. I'll take any ideas now for domain names.

I'll be able to make it to Madden 12 with updates twice a day and probably still have some left over.

I hope you are wrong, bluemax.

Wellington vs. Tiburon/EA

stick.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Giants Ratings

What I posted on BBI:

Steve Smith at 88, 92 Catch rating. Right where I expected.

Manningham with the speed boost I thought he deserved. Last year he was at 87 or so, but now he is at 92.

Nicks getting some love with an 81 rating. His spectacular catch and route running ratings should be higher.

Jacobs got one point slower, but overall he is pretty good. He also lost his 99 trucking rating, but kept pretty good CAR rating.

Bradshaw gained a point in speed, everything else is true to life including his carry rating.

Eli is GOOD in this game. Better than expected. His injury rating at 98 makes him a tank. His throwing power is better than it was in 10.

McKenzie got screwed big time, he should be way higher than where he is now. Diehl I understand getting owned ratings-wise but McKenzie outperformed him.

Clint Sintim got nerfed in terms of power and finesse moves. There's nothing special about him now, totally replaceable at LB. Low pursuit, low hit power, low tackle, he sucks now compared to last year.

The MLB position is ABYSMAL.

Other than Tuck, the DEs came down hard this year. Of note tho, JPP, Osi, and Tuck all have 84 speed rating, which makes them viable to convert to OLBs for anyone who wants to make the D into a 3-4. Also, stunts would be really good. The DTs are horrid. Linval Joseph's ratings are a bit shocking. (GAF Note: If I go back to DL, I'd flip Tuck and Osi and control Osi)

Corey Webster at 89! Yes! Terrell Thomas being a 77 is a joke. He was one of the top CBs in the NFC last year. Aaron Ross at 78 is ANOTHER joke. Should be lower. The speed on the team is low again this year as Web is 87 speed, Ross is 88, TT is 85.

In all it's what I expected.

Eagles Ratings

What the FUCK @ Brent Celek!? C'mon son. Jackson at 99 SPD, Maclin at 95. Perfect matchup for my secondary. :rolleyes.

McCoy at 79 OVR with 70 CAR rating = :lol

:lol :lol :lol @ Kolb's TAS/M/D ratings. :lol!

Right side of Eagles OL is weak. Expect a lot of blitzing by Sintim.

LB corps is almost as bad as mine. Sims is BEASTLY tho at 88 SPD. They all have high PUR tho. With progression they could be sick.

Trent Cole and Bunkley are insane, I will need to run two TE sets for max protect against Cole.

Samuel is definitely NOT that good!

LiveWire

daw840 said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

This season....no this GAME isn't even out and you guys are talking about trades

Haynesworth is on the block! Put him back at DT and watch his rating go back to 99!

Miguel

bluemax said:
True Story MiG and I once played a league game at like 2am my time which is like 4am his time. And we did this even after having already played our league game, simply because we were dissatisfied with the results!

I remember this, I just don't remember the circumstances :lol

Miguel

While I would like the Texans, I think if anyone should fight over them it should be Matrix and Smokey having been here before.

I think they should face off, and if Smokey wins, I will concede the Texans to him.

If Matrix wins...

3419629859_f94fc28cb7.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
While I would like the Texans, I think if anyone should fight over them it should be Matrix and Smokey having been here before.

I think they should face off, and if Smokey wins, I will concede the Texans to him.

If Matrix wins...

3419629859_f94fc28cb7.jpg

It must suck for you guys to always have to share. I don't want to use any team other than the Knicks in NBA or the Yankees in MLB so I don't even play them because DCX apparently owns them for life. :|

Miguel

You would think it'd be easy to get a shitty team like the Texans from 04 to 08... but every year it was an epic struggle between Matrix, Dskillz, and myself (and now smokey) to get them :lol

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

It must suck for you guys to always have to share. I don't want to use any team other than the Knicks in NBA or the Yankees in MLB so I don't even play them because DCX apparently owns them for life. :|
woe is you, i told you we could share the Knicks in NBA and you could have the Yanks in the Show..you told me no it's ok..cry moar

DCX

Mrbob

You guys need to like a smaller known franchise like the Bears!

DCX said:
woe is you, i told you we could share the Knicks in NBA and you could have the Yanks in the Show..you told me no it's ok..cry moar

DCX

Rorschach

Wellington said:
:lol :lol :lol @ Kolb's TAS/M/D ratings. :lol!
? They aren't that bad, actually. I bet they'll be mid 80s across the board by season 2. His ratings are about the same as Campbell who had 16 starts and a decent QB rating. :|

Sanjuro

I'm one to experiment. I haven't been great in Madden in years, but I can see myself trading around and finding an interesting team. Bengals should be very interesting, especially on offensive movement.

Nightz

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm one to experiment. I haven't been great in Madden in years, but I can see myself trading around and finding an interesting team. Bengals should be very interesting, especially on offensive movement.
Be happy that the Bengals players actually have good ratings this year. :lol

Sanjuro

Nightz said:
Be happy that the Bengals players actually have good ratings this year. :lol
Yeah, I was surprised looking at some of them. Is there a good site which has a organized sheet of team by team?

Like I said, my team is the Patriots. So I'm just going to have fun and enjoy the season. None of these Bengal criminals will have a free ride if they cross me. :D

Nightz

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yeah, I was surprised looking at some of them. Is there a good site which has a organized sheet of team by team?

Like I said, my team is the Patriots. So I'm just going to have fun and enjoy the season. None of these Bengal criminals will have a free ride if they cross me. :D
http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=2

Just use the dropdown to choose a team. Not all teams have been revealed yet though.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
The elephant in the room is that you should probably start picking a backup team, no way you beat Sable this year. He's coming for you!

Browns are available

It's easy if I don't get the Skins for some reason (though I still like my proposed dual-ownership idea). I get the Saints, which was Sable's team last year and is the preferred backup team of all Redskins fans.

Oh and look at that, the Saints are rated pretty well this season. Well isn't that nice.

Top Bottom