• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
It's easy if I don't get the Skins for some reason (though I still like my proposed dual-ownership idea). I get the Saints, which was Sable's team last year and is the preferred backup team of all Redskins fans.

Oh and look at that, the Saints are rated pretty well this season. Well isn't that nice.

Birdman is taking the Saints instead of playing FMT for the Niners :D

Sanjuro

Could someone give me a mini-rundown?

The online franchise is it similar to single player one where player's ratings will increase/decrease, etc? As far as the draft I keep hearing though is this just for FA or for rookies?

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
The elephant in the room is that you should probably start picking a backup team, no way you beat Sable this year. He's coming for you!

Browns are available
I think even the Browns are taken by Striker if he comes back.

Live's gonna end up with the Rams. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Nope. Although, we might get a new draft class. MIGHT!
Weren't they gonna steal sablestats to at least have a site that isn't totally broken and worthless? I guess even that's too much to ask for.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

The online franchise is it similar to single player one where player's ratings will increase/decrease, etc? As far as the draft I keep hearing though is this just for FA or for rookies?
Ratings will increase and decrease just like offline franchise, but unlike offline franchise, we don't know how or why. In offline franchise, there's rhyme and reason to stat increase and decrease. In online franchise there isn't.

Draft is for rookies, but we hold an FA draft as well because EA doesn't want to give us real free agency. Because they're dicks.

AstroLad said:
Weren't they gonna steal sablestats to at least have a site that isn't totally broken and worthless? I guess even that's too much to ask for.
Nope. That would be an incredible burden on a large web development team! I mean how many guys and man hours did it take to bring out sablescript? Millions?

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
Ratings will increase and decrease just like offline franchise, but unlike offline franchise, we don't know how or why. In offline franchise, there's rhyme and reason to stat increase and decrease. In online franchise there isn't.

Draft is for rookies, but we hold an FA draft as well because EA doesn't want to give us real free agency. Because they're dicks.
Ah, thanks.

I'm probably going to be looking at the QB position first. K and SS as well. Daw has my man Cassel...unless a wild Bledsoe appears in the FA class.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Nope. That would be an incredible burden on a large web development team! I mean how many guys and man hours did it take to bring out sablescript? Millions?
Well maybe it did cost millions (thx sable), but considering the profit EA makes on the series, I don't think it's too much to ask. I'll also reiterate what I said last year that I'm surprised they don't offer "Gold" leagues or whatever with free agency, better stat-tracking, and the like. That seems totally EA. Except for the part about having good online-franchise features.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Ah, thanks.

I'm probably going to be looking at the QB position first. K and SS as well. Daw has my man Cassel...unless a wild Bledsoe appears in the FA class.
I thought you were taking the Bengals? Carson Palmer sucks irl, but not in Madden. :p He can probably last you the entire franchise. They also have a decent, young SS. He'll probably go up after the first season of franchise.

AstroLad said:
Well maybe it did cost millions (thx sable), but considering the profit EA makes on the series, I don't think it's too much to ask. I'll also reiterate what I said last year that I'm surprised they don't offer "Gold" leagues or whatever with free agency, better stat-tracking, and the like. That seems totally EA. Except for the part about having good online-franchise features.
Well, they do have the "key" to unlock OF. Maybe they'll make you pay for gold franchise next year, but the only "gold" features will be all-madden difficulty and a gold name.

[edit] I just got word from an inside source. It cost the Sable company BILLIONS. I don't think EA can compete.

LJ11

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Yes, players progress just like they do in offline franchise, but ratings are capped by potential.

B potential tops out at 90, some A's can reach 99, C usually top out at 80 but they are usually the fastest risers so you can have a guy go from 65 to mid high 70s in just a season or two.

Player progression was kind of hit or miss last season, certain players didn't meet their potential even though their production was through the roof. Hopefully they've addressed some of the issues in '11.

We have a FA draft and a rookie draft. They rookie draft is down via the game, we all show up and draft. FA draft was designed by FMT and the boys. Last year you had to cut players to meet a ratings threshold, think it was 150 points. The more points you accumulate the higher you drafted in free agency. Hope that makes sense.

You can turn a team around in no time. Guys wheel and deal all the time. Offseason talk starts slow, then one guy makes a deal or two, and before you know it everyone's scrambling to make some sort of move.

Sanjuro

I actually like Palmer alot. He is the exact type of QB I usually prefer. I create my teams with a weird "nostalgia/balance" type deal.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am out for Madden '11, atleast until people start dropping out and you need people. Right now I can't commit to a regular schedule. I will be following the thread though.

Lions Super Bowl 2012 season.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
oh my god how do they give LeSean a 70 carry rating. why. he only fumbled twice last year :lol I might as well start Mike Bell at that point. Stewart Bradley should be a little higher too. Those are my only 2 real complaints

Sanjuro

LJ, thanks for that. That should give me a good idea how to progress some of my lesser players instead of giving up on them. Is the +/- really that unbalanced where I could throw for 500yds and have him go down a point?

Smokey

If you want to win deal with me sanjuro. Remember these wise words. The vultures here will take advantage of you.

Just fyi

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
LJ, thanks for that. That should give me a good idea how to progress some of my lesser players instead of giving up on them. Is the +/- really that unbalanced where I could throw for 500yds and have him go down a point?
Yes. You could have a great season and drop or have a bench season and go up 10 points. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

[edit] Also, don't listen to Smokey. He's the best con man. :lol

dskillzhtown said:
I am out for Madden '11, atleast until people start dropping out and you need people. Right now I can't commit to a regular schedule. I will be following the thread though.

Lions Super Bowl 2012 season.

carol3.gif

daw840

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Ah, thanks.

Well, I have no particular love for Cassell, so if you want to deal once the season starts up let me know.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I actually like Palmer alot. He is the exact type of QB I usually prefer. I create my teams with a weird "nostalgia/balance" type deal.

I'll Deal just about anyone to you, and won't ask a kings ransom. I'll deal about anyone, except Mayo and Merriweather (see, Ror, I can learn things at my advance age!).

Unless Ror would straight trade Mayo for McClain :p

LJ11

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Like Rors said, some of the increases/decreases made no sense.

I had about 30 sacks in two seasons with an A potential DT and he went up zero points.

One factor that contributes to higher increases on the defensive side of the ball is return TDs. I was able to take players that decreased in one season above their initial ratings all because of defensive touchdowns. Both Whitner and Mitchell increased, even though they produced similarly to their "down" year, because I returned a couple of touchdowns with each player.

No telling what progression will look like this season, really won't know until we've played a season or two.

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:
I'll Deal just about anyone to you, and won't ask a kings ransom. I'll deal about anyone, except Mayo and Merriweather (see, Ror, I can learn things at my advance age!).

Even Lord Brady!?

Sanjuro

DCX said:
Turner for your first rounders for the remainder of the franchise.

DCX
NO deal.

Also, are contracts a part of the online franchise? Like is there a resigning process or is it just released players and retired?

Lonestar

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Even Lord Brady!?

Yep. Probably not till after Season 1, but depending on the deal (say, you had a top 5 pick and there's a good QB in the draft + some other combination), or perhaps Palmer and a low 1st round/high 2nd round.

All too early to tell, but I figure that's about what it'd take for a top 3 QB. Similar to what Moss would garner. Welker for less.

About Contracts: Unless EA grew a brain/set of balls, there are no contracts. We either do like we did on last seasons games (make up a FA system of "you gotta give up 2 players of a certain caliber), or attempt to keep up with contracts for everyone (not going to happen :p )

Otherwise, unless they retire, career injured, dropped or traded manually, they are on your team 4 LIFE

Striker

Nightz said:
I think even the Browns are taken by Striker if he comes back.

Live's gonna end up with the Rams. :lol
I want to play, because of all the guys in the league, but then there's a few other quirks, one being EA not even addressing online period.

Browns ratings I've seen before. My #1 receiver from Madden '10, Robiskie, a 65 now. They finally bump Josh Cribbs to 78! Ben Watson a TE that actually is decent.

I actually really don't mind the offense despite Delhomme at QB. Harrison/Hillis/Vickers/Hardesty would be a pretty nice set of guys for a ground game.

The CB set of Sheldon Brown, Joe Haden, and Eric Wright. Leagues better than what I had for '10. :lol

LukeSmith

I am optimistic that a bunch of the 'big name' trading from last year will be cut at the knees this year.

If you're hoping to build the Patriots in Cincinnati, I'd rework those expectations a bit, Sanjuro

Striker said:
I want to play, because of all the guys in the league, but then there's a few other quirks, one being EA not even addressing online period.

I want you to play

bluemax

Banned
Miguel said:
I remember this, I just don't remember the circumstances :lol

All I remember is the first game ended something like 3-2 with a total of like 100 yards on offense by both of us. So we ran it back and got something mildly better.

Rorschach said:
Nope. Although, we might get a new draft class. MIGHT!

I was promised new draft classes at E3!

Sanjuro

LukeSmith said:
If you're hoping to build the Patriots in Cincinnati, I'd rework those expectations a bit, Sanjuro.
Not looking to do that, there are a few players that I would like to have on my team though sure. I take it you won't deal Peyton then?

Lonestar

LukeSmith said:
I am optimistic that a bunch of the 'big name' trading from last year will be cut at the knees this year.

If you're hoping to build the Patriots in Cincinnati, I'd rework those expectations a bit, Sanjuro

I want you to play

Just as long as you can't trade off Wayne, Garcon, Addai, and all the other players from Madden 10, right? ;P

Just say NEIN to Mack Jackson!

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Birdman is taking the Saints instead of playing FMT for the Niners :D

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and claim the Saints (unless Sable decides not to play for the Redskins and takes them back).

I can't pass up the chance to play with a top QB right off the bat. That and, FMT would probably blow up the league on the off-chance that I beat him.

LukeSmith

1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Falcons
5. Storybook - Falcons
6. Livewire - Redskins
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Giants
9. BigAT - Packers
10. LJ - Bills
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
13. Luke - Colts
14. Daw - Chiefs
15. Denogg - Jets
16. Rors - Raiders
17. Ramirez - Steelers
18. Chargers - Nightz
19. GCQ - Panthers
20. Somnia - Cowboys
21. Goldlion - Lions
22. DMczaf - Bucs
23. Coldblooded - Eagles
24. Bluemax - Seahawks
25. Lonestar - Patriots
26. astrolad - Cardinals
27. Miguel - Vikings
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Matrix - Ravens

Unclaimed Teams:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans
St. Louis Rams
Cleveland Browns

Unaccounted for returning players:

* Pheenix
* Peterboy
* Dskillz?
* Fifty**
* Matrix**
* eznark

Alternate View
AFC North
  • Ravens - Matrix
  • Steelers - Ramirez
  • Bengals - Sanjuro
  • Browns - TBD

AFC South
  • Colts - Luke
  • Texans - Smokey
  • Jaguars - TBD
  • Titans - TBD

AFC West
  • Raiders - Rors
  • Chargers - Nightz
  • Broncos - TheCrow
  • Chiefs - Daw

AFC East
  • Bills - LJ
  • Jets - Denogg
  • Patriots - Lone
  • Dolphins - TBD

NFC East
  • Eagles - CB
  • Giants - Wellie/Striker
  • Redskins - Sable
  • Cowboys - Somnia

NFC West
  • 49ers - FMT
  • Cardinals - Astrolad
  • Seahawks - Bluemax
  • Rams - Livewire

NFC North
  • Bears - Bob
  • Lions - Goldlion
  • Vikings - Miguel
  • Packers - BigAT

NFC South
  • Bucs - DM
  • Saints - Birdman
  • Panthers GCQ
  • Rams - TBD

Rorschach

Lonestar said:

That's not a realistic trade and we shouldn't be doing all these trades in season 1. :| This is the problem when people have no attachment to their teams or players. :\

btw- I'm already falling for McClain. He's ours now! He rejected you! Deal with it.

bluemax said:
I was promised new draft classes at E3!
We'll see. It might be that he didn't know what you were talking about or it might turn out that by "new" they mean a reshuffling. :|

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Falcons
5. Storybook - Falcons
6. Livewire - Redskins
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Giants
9. BigAT - Packers
10. LJ - Bills
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
13. Luke - Colts
14. Daw - Chiefs
15. Denogg - Jets
16. Rors - Raiders
17. Ramirez - Steelers
18. Chargers - Nightz
19. GCQ - Panthers
20. Somnia - Cowboys
21. Goldlion - Lions
22. DMczaf - Bucs
23. Coldblooded - Eagles
24. Bluemax - Seahawks
25. Lonestar - Patriots
26. astrolad - Cardinals
27. Miguel - Vikings
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Matrix - Ravens
Everyone is listed as Owner - Team except me. I guess the Chargers own me. :lol

Rorschach

Miguel said:
It's all part of the plan...
What is? That BigAT's domination of that division will continue for 5 more seasons?

[edit]Just remembered that EA probably hasn't fixed tiebreakers. I hope someone takes an electric razor to Ian's emo hair. That'll learn 'im!

Top Bottom