• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Mrbob

Miguel said:
NFC North
Bears - Bob
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Miguel
Packers - BigAT

It's all part of the plan...

You'll get one good season with Favre and then your team crumbles!

Nightz

Rorschach said:
[edit]Just remembered that EA probably hasn't fixed tiebreakers. I hope someone takes an electric razor to Ian's emo hair. That'll learn 'im!
Noooooooooo

Doesn't matter, I'll be last in the division anyway. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
BigAT is elite

One of the few elite's I've beaten. 1-0!

0-1 CB3
0-1 CK
0-eleventy LJ
2-4ish Rorschach.
0-1 FMT

You know, really should have kept track of our records against each other better. Anyone got info on this?

Rorschach

You only beat me once and I'm not elite. It was for a playoff spot too. :'( I choked big time... passing while in FG range in OT... smh.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:

0-1 CB3
0-1 CK
0-eleventy LJ
2-4ish Rorschach.
0-1 FMT

You know, really should have kept track of our records against each other better. Anyone got info on this?

I love CK, but he's not an elite - there were only two true elites last year.

Cream
  • Rors
  • LJ
Next tier
  • FMT
  • DM
  • CB
  • BigAT

CK is going to bounce back this year though, I can feel it. Dry the rain, friend!

daw840

eznark said:
fun while it lasted. tear

Hey now! I have been playing in this league for a few years now and Madden 11 is the very first time I actually get to use my Chiefs! Well, except for that one year when everyone went to PS3, I think I used the chiefs in the Airbrian league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:

0-1 CB3
0-1 CK
0-eleventy LJ
2-4ish Rorschach.
0-1 FMT

One of those does not belong. I highlighted it for you to make it easy.

Edit: Okay so Luke and I agree, but DM is not elite either, so now I don't know what to think.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Hey now! I have been playing in this league for a few years now and Madden 11 is the very first time I actually get to use my Chiefs! Well, except for that one year when everyone went to PS3, I think I used the chiefs in the Airbrian league.
You used them one year in the FMT league. I remember because I was in the division!

[edit] I'm not elite.

DM is not elite since he lost Alstott and FB dive.
lvEyC.gif

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
I love CK, but he's not an elite - there were only two true elites last year.

Cream
  • Rors
  • LJ
Next tier
  • FMT
  • DM
  • CB
  • BigAT

CK is going to bounce back this year though, I can feel it. Dry the rain, friend!

I think both you and Crow should be somewhere on that list too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright since this is now the discussion - I believe there are no NFC elites.

LJ and Rors are in a league of their own.

*IF* they fixed some issues, even SOME issues that were well known with the game, I expect a number of "top level" players to come crashing down to earth.

I am only really good if I play a person more than once, and they aren't in my division. LJ and Rors are the only moving targets for me, everyone else is easy to plan for but my inability on the sticks kills me.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
*IF* they fixed some issue, even SOME issues that were well known with the game, I expect a number of "top level" players to come crashing down to earth.

What are you trying to say?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just say who your talking about or shut the fuck up. This little half way cock tease shit is not helping anything.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
DM is not elite since he lost Alstott and FB dive.
lvEyC.gif

Now he just has to make do with Ruud and one-handed INTs. :lol

:(

CB, I think Wellington is trash-talking you.

Edit: Yep. :lol

Lonestar

CB3 said:
Just say who your talking about or shut the fuck up. This little half way cock tease shit is not helping anything.

He might be talking about me. I'm not sure anymore. I think he's mad at my respectable Steinbrenner Memorial Picture.

Rorschach

If I pissed people off with team rankings during the regular season, how many people can I piss off with player rankings? :lol

Maybe I'll do a list.

[edit] I can break it down into 6 tiers. Well... 7 if you count "Miguel Tier."

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
If I pissed people off with team rankings during the regular season, how many people can I piss off with player rankings? :lol

Maybe I'll do a list.

I'll get it out of the way now then:

Fuck you.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
What are you trying to say?

He is trying to say without EA giving free reign to power runners in this game he would have no offense. Bjac plowing through 8 man gang tackle and breaking free is his offense. He can't pass the ball.
lvEyC.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:

Maybe I'll do a list.
One of my favorite parts of the league.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:

Maybe I'll do a list.

I loved the powerankings even during the first season when I went 2-14.

Edit: I feel that I shouldn't be put on any of the higher tiers since I've only played in Madden 10. Rors has been god tier for decades.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:

0-1 CB3
0-1 CK
0-eleventy LJ
2-4ish Rorschach.
0-1 FMT

1-1 against you. 1-3 Wellie, 1-4 CB, 1-2 FMT, 1-0 LJ, 2-1 Crow, 0-2 Rors, 156831-1 Q :D

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
1-1 against you. 1-3 Wellie, 1-4 CB, 1-2 FMT, 1-0 LJ, 2-1 Crow, 0-2 Rors, 156831-1 Q :D

DCX

When was the 1? Only remember playing you once, I believe.

Pretty sure I never beat Crow, probably 0-2.
1-0 Ram
1-1 maybe against Fifty
Think 1-3 against Luke
1-1 against Bird
1-0 against Nightz (in non simmed and completed games :p )
I believe 0-1 against DM.

Perfect against Denogg and Pheenicks though! :lol :/

daw840

Rorschach said:

Maybe I'll do a list.

Aww....I don't even want to know what tier I would be in. :/

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
When was the 1? Only remember playing you once, I believe.

Pretty sure I never beat Crow, probably 0-2.
1-0 Ram
1-1 maybe against Fifty
Think 1-3 against Luke
1-1 against Bird
1-0 against Nightz (in non simmed and completed games :p )
I believe 0-1 against DM.

Perfect against Denogg and Pheenicks though! :lol :/
52-10 bitch, never forget. Actually this was season 1 and you accused me of running up the score one you because it was first and goal from the 1, mid third or something like that and i ran three running plays and ran two dives and finally a pa roll out to Tony G for a TD you blew your lid. :D

DCX

Lonestar

DCX said:
52-10 bitch, never forget. Actually this was season 1 and you accused me of running up the score one you because it was first and goal from the 1, mid third or something like that and i ran three running plays and ran two dives and finally a pa roll out to Tony G for a TD you blew your lid. :D

DCX

Man, that was a long time ago. Totally forgot that.

Must have been in tank mode.

I do remember our last game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Teams I've never beaten in league play:

The Bills

The one game was a fucking war tho.

There would be meltdowns everywhere if Rors ranked us.

I have the bottom tho:

#32:
Wellington

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

Maybe I'll do a list.

I'll help you out:

Does Less With More Tier:
BlueMax!

2 playoff appearances in like 4 seasons with a decent Chargers team that had LT at the height of his over ratedness, 0 playoff appearances last year with a Seahawks team that had one of the best fake backs and one of the deepest overall rosters in the league.

Truly a master of squandering talent!

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Yeah, you did use the Chiefs in the Rookies League (for both seasons, I think). You're a true fan (AKA a glutton for punishment)!

I don't think I'll be able to commit to a league right now. I'm starting an MBA program in August and from what I hear it's going to be 2-4 hours of studying a night. It's going to be a long 22 months. :-( I'll still be buying the game, so I could end up being a sub though. I still follow the Madden threads. After I see how much time is actually required, I might jump in Season 2 though.

Lonestar

DCX said:
so does my slot CB
lvEyC.gif

DCX

You're going to have to go into more detail, advanced age has destroyed my smack talk memory.

All I remember is I had a close win at the end, something like 44-39 or something.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Teams I've never beaten in league play:

The Bills

The one game was a fucking war tho.

There would be meltdowns everywhere if Rors ranked us.

I have the bottom tho:

#32:
Wellington
I thought that was why everyone joined the league. To witness drama.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tiers are awesome. Can't wait to see them.

Speaking of which, does anyone know when the rankings are going up? Haven't heard from Rors in a while. Maybe someone can text him?
1rcb6h.gif

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
You're going to have to go into more detail, advanced age has destroyed my smack talk memory.

All I remember is I had a close win at the end, something like 44-39 or something.
yeah it was close, it seemed every key first down came down to my slot CB, or Safety covering the slot allowing the first down catch. Soooo frustrating...even shadowing with a DE or LB it didn't matter. Not to mention Bellows with the ill screen plays and LT the 2nd with screens and wheel routes ugh. Just tooo much speed to handle. It's a miracle i didn't get blown out.

I scored to tie the game with like 3 minutes or so left and the entire drive was just more of the same. Get a tck for loss or a sack and third and longs was insta first down.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Tiers are bad. But we gotta get back to weekly Power Rankings/ Players of the Week in Madden 11

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

DCX tier is the "A Little Less Conversation...A little more Action" Tier
Along with:
livewire and bob

Top Bottom