• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official madden '11 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Interest Thread

DCX

DCX
Bring it on, i'm sure i'll be in the shit GM tier along with Livewire and mid level in terms of talent. I like rankings, i like tiers, i don't have a fragile ego.

DCX

Miguel

Rorschach said:
If I pissed people off with team rankings during the regular season, how many people can I piss off with player rankings? :lol

Maybe I'll do a list.

[edit] I can break it down into 6 tiers. Well... 7 if you count "Miguel Tier."

More like Miguel tears. :(

Last time I played Madden in a league I was getting MOSS'd left and right still.

LiveWire

DCX said:
Bring it on, i'm sure i'll be in the shit GM tier along with Livewire and mid level in terms of talent. I like rankings, i like tiers, i don't have a fragile ego.

DCX

Last I checked there was only one "WORST GM" award.
lvEyC.gif

Nightz

Lonestar said:
1-0 against Nightz (in non simmed and completed games :p )
2-0. You spanked me in a regular season game in season 2 I believe. That playoff game in the final season was a fluke!
:(

Edit: Tiers please! I'd like my own at the bottom of the list.

BigAT

DCX said:

DCX
Matt Millen tier.

LiveWire

You can't seriously be comparing the Orakpo trade to your Turner debacle.

And anyway, it's not like I'm allowed to get actual good players in my trades, y'know, like MEGATRON or BRANDON MARSHALL or some shit. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh yeah, that brought back some memory.

Reason it wasn't a blowout: My Defense has never been that great. Or at least, to me, never felt that great. Maybe against the Run, I was ok. But once my opponent decided to go all passy passy....uuuuugh.

Talk to Ror, and he'd put me in worst GM spot, simply because of Merriweather. Put him and the Slaton debacle together, and it's probably legitimate.

But I felt the Moss trade worked out great. I liked Bellows alot more, for his versitility (and the fact he wasn't a "Press A to win" type of player Moss was). Plus, it got me the Mistake that was Tribrow. Most productive backup in the league.

Also, the trade before the last season with Mayo, I felt I got a "win" in that column. Williams performed a little bit better than Mayo, and doing that trade brough on the situation to get better LB talent in Weatherspoon and 55 rated T. "90 Spd and Tackle" Anderson.

Striker

LukeSmith said:
Secretly Good Players Tier:
  • Sable
  • Storybook
  • Denog
  • Birdman
  • GCQ
  • Striker
:p

ie, the teams who barely fit a .500 record (though Sable and Bird got to the post-season I thought).

I would hope to rebound, but the division is so tough.

Also,
sonic_waiting.gif

TheCrow

But season one was pre-Meriweather.
Thanks Lone :p

LiveWire said:
And anyway, it's not like I'm allowed to get actual good players in my trades, y'know, like MEGATRON or BRANDON MARSHALL or some shit. :lol
That might be my favorite trade. I got DeSean and it led to me acquiring Meriweather.

Lonestar

Season 1, I vaguely remember having 5 or 6 losses. I remember that I was upset at the knowledge of the post season tie breaker rules, and that heading into the last 2 weeks or so, if I won out, and I believe Smokey won out, he'd get in by name, where I had something like a better Conference record. Think I just tanked the last 2 games at that point.

I made playoffs 2nd year.
I tanked 3rd year...more realistically, the AFC East played the NFC Beast (CB & CK) and the AFC West (Smokey, Ror, and Crow). AND played Luke (I think) on top of my yearly 2 losses to LJ.)
Season 4...I think I made the playoffs
Season 5...I had to be in the playoffs, everyone in my division left.

Since FMT's not answering the PM, F it.

Me and Sanjuro worked out a reasonable team swap. We're just swapping Strong Safeties and Centers. He gets the Patriots, I get the Bungles.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Season 1, I vaguely remember having 5 or 6 losses. I remember that I was upset at the knowledge of the post season tie breaker rules, and that heading into the last 2 weeks or so, if I won out, and I believe Smokey won out, he'd get in by name, where I had something like a better Conference record. Think I just tanked the last 2 games at that point.

I made playoffs 2nd year.
I tanked 3rd year...more realistically, the AFC East played the NFC Beast (CB & CK) and the AFC West (Smokey, Ror, and Crow). AND played Luke (I think) on top of my yearly 2 losses to LJ.)
Season 4...I think I made the playoffs
Season 5...I had to be in the playoffs, everyone in my division left.
I don't count our game, we didn't play.

LukeSmith said:
Secretly Good Players Tier:
  • Sable
  • Storybook
  • Denog
  • Birdman
  • GCQ
  • Striker

Shit, I didn't even prepare a speech. I would like to thank all of the small people I stepped on to get to this point.

TheCrow

Lonestar said:

Me and Sanjuro worked out a reasonable team swap. We're just swapping Strong Safeties and Centers. He gets the Patriots, I get the Bungles.
6ruczm.gif

BigAT

Lonestar said:

Very clever, burying it at the end of a boring post about your team's season-to-season results that no one would read.

So which one of you is going to be playing the role of Matrix and which one is playing BigJonson?

Lonestar

BigAT said:
So which one of you is going to be playing the role of Matrix and which one is playing BigJonson?

Well, I lose Brady, Moss, and Welker. That can't be good :p

Don't forget, 1-0.

1-0

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Very clever, burying it at the end of a boring post about your team's season-to-season results that no one would read.

Are they that different, the C's and SS's? I would not start this crap.

He also edited it in, I quoted him above and it's not in there.

TheCrow

Wellington said:

Bengals SS: Ndukwe (77) and Roy Williams (77)
Patriots SS: Meriweather (88) and Chung (76)

Bengals C: Cook (77) and Luigs (68)
Patriots C: Koppen (88) and Wendell (61)

Lonestar

Wellington said:

Read a PM, reminded me that FMT hasn't responded, and didn't want to Double Post, not knowing you'd reply inside of 1 minute to me. Soooooooooooo Sorry, Meister Wellie.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Read a PM, reminded me that FMT hasn't responded, and didn't want to Double Post, not knowing you'd reply inside of 1 minute to me. Soooooooooooo Sorry, Meister Wellie.
Apology accepted.

Don't let it happen again.

Sanjuro

Hah. I'll jump in. I've known a bunch of you on here for years and played in various other leagues as well. I'm hoping to get more established into the Madden league and the NBA one as well to cover all sports.

I'm fine either way. I'm the only really outspoken member of the Boston sports teams around here so not picking just for the ranking, more because I love the team and players. So for me in a league where I will be dealing anyway, I would make that sacrifice to play. If it rubs people the wrong way I have no problem staying as the Bengals to participate. I just don't want to step on any toes.

I discussed the various deals in PM with Lonestar, he didn't present anything that seemed douchey or anything.

eznark

Banned
Give me one of the remaining teams I guess. Hopefull GAF eventually institutes the RealID thing so I can track down BigAT and get the Packers.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
Give me one of the remaining teams I guess. Hopefull GAF eventually institutes the RealID thing so I can track down BigAT and get the Packers.
Dolphins are the highest remaining team. Titans following by about five spots.

DCX

DCX
So lets see..we have around 40 players for this season and there seems to be like 3 teams left and a bunch of us are playing for teams. So what's the end game here folks?

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
So lets see..we have around 40 players for this season and there seems to be like 3 teams left and a bunch of us are playing for teams. So what's the end game here folks?

DCX

Actually with everyone listed one page back there are 30 people currently for 32 spots. Those 30 people are listed based on which team they want, not necessarily which team they have.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I did. Lonestar might swap me the Pats. If you get Dolphins I get to see your smiling face 2x.

22-1

I'll make sure to let my wife play a quarter when we play.

Looks like the only remaining team that plays the Bears is Miami, so single wing here I come!

LukeSmith

1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Titans
5. Storybook - Falcons
6. Livewire - Rams
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Giants
9. BigAT - Packers
10. LJ - Bills
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
13. Luke - Colts
14. Daw - Chiefs
15. Denogg - Jets
16. Rors - Raiders
17. Ramirez - Steelers
18. Chargers - Nightz
19. GCQ - Panthers
20. Somnia - Cowboys
21. Goldlion - Lions
22. DMczaf - Bucs
23. Coldblooded - Eagles
24. Bluemax - Seahawks
25. Lonestar - Patriots
26. astrolad - Cardinals
27. Miguel - Vikings
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Matrix - Ravens
30. Eznark - Dolphins

Unclaimed Teams:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
St. Louis Rams
Cleveland Browns

Unaccounted for returning players:

* Pheenix
* Peterboy
* Dskillz?
* Fifty**

Alternate View
AFC North

* Ravens - Matrix
* Steelers - Ramirez
* Bengals - Sanjuro
* Browns - TBD

AFC South

* Colts - Luke
* Texans - Smokey
* Jaguars - TBD
* Titans - DCX

AFC West

* Raiders - Rors
* Chargers - Nightz
* Broncos - TheCrow
* Chiefs - Daw

AFC East

* Bills - LJ
* Jets - Denogg
* Patriots - Lone
* Dolphins - Eznark

NFC East

* Eagles - CB
* Giants - Wellie/Striker
* Redskins - Sable
* Cowboys - Somnia

NFC West

* 49ers - FMT
* Cardinals - Astrolad
* Seahawks - Bluemax
* Rams - Livewire

NFC North

* Bears - Bob
* Lions - Goldlion
* Vikings - Miguel
* Packers - BigAT

NFC South

* Bucs - DM
* Saints - Birdman
* Panthers GCQ
* Falcons - Storybook

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I beat LJ with the fucking Chiefs of all teams, bow before me! Also beat Rors with the Texans *cough glitch cough*

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Titans
5. Storybook - Falcons
6. Livewire - Rams
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Giants
9. BigAT - Packers