• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Flopza? It's a poor man's Gran Turismo. Plus Sony stole all the key Bizarre talent and are making the true PGR sequel for PS4.

You are nuts. Forza 4 > GT 5 just like Forza 5 will be > GT 6. Unless you're saying it's better than Forza Horizon, which is not a part of the Forza Motorsports series. Different studio made that game using a lot of Turn10s resources, completely different game tho.

No1 is making a PGR sequel, GT has been trying to do that all this time and continually fails. At least Forza knows it's identity and executes (3 was a disappointment but 2 and 4 are the best racing games since PGR imo).

TheCrow

I'm getting both so I can play in the PS4 Madden League with Rors and in the Xbox League with FMT and Crow! (In Madden 15/26)

The only game I play on xbox is madden so I have no reason to pick up the nextbox. I can't even remember the last xbox exclusive I've played.

Mrbob

The only game I play on xbox is madden so I have no reason to pick up the nextbox. I can't even remember the last xbox exclusive I've played.

Same here. I guess the Madden league lives on through the 360. I'm losing interest fast on next gen consoles.

Smokey

You are nuts. Forza 4 > GT 5 just like Forza 5 will be > GT 6. Unless you're saying it's better than Forza Horizon, which is not a part of the Forza Motorsports series. Different studio made that game using a lot of Turn10s resources, completely different game tho.

No1 is making a PGR sequel, GT has been trying to do that all this time and continually fails. At least Forza knows it's identity and executes (3 was a disappointment but 2 and 4 are the best racing games since PGR imo).

I'm really tempted to correct something here...

Namely have you played gt5 with a wheel? I have a g27 and it's pretty sweet and authentic with it. GT5 has other issues such as the horrible menu system, outdated licenses tests, and and the same tire sounds since ps1.

I just don't remember a console that was launched around the holidays NOT having a version of Madden. (Consoles that EA genuinely supports that is)

TheCrow

What is interesting about this edge follow up article:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/risky-business-the-next-xbox-versus-playstation-4/

Is that they are hinting Sony is not going to go through with locking away used game sales.

I'm shocked MS might go at this alone.

I quoted it on the last page. If anyone can pull it off it would be MS. They don't have to worry about losing market share in japan since they don't have any. Plus it could potentially lead to more timed exclusives in the west.

McNei1y

EA will have some trash version of Madden ready for both consoles at launch.

The one that launched with the 360 was weird looking.

edit: damn looking back at the release on the 360... I can't believe I was a junior in high school. I remember going to my friends place after a "high school party" and we switched between 4 player COD2 with like 12 people. wtf

Smokey

I was a fresh in college when the 360 launched. Me and a friend sat outside of best buy over night that December to get our 360s. Being able sit around day and act likeSoka was great.

Mrbob

I quoted it on the last page. If anyone can pull it off it would be MS. They don't have to worry about losing market share in japan since they don't have any. Plus it could potentially lead to more timed exclusives in the west.

It's possible, but I don't think MS will have the install base to secure timed exclusives if they go solo with this.

Also, there are laws to worry about too.

http://www.webpronews.com/you-can-resell-your-steam-games-in-europe-2012-07

Steam is under some fire in Europe for not allowing second hand sales. How will MS get away with this?

Splat

Why does always on mean games are reasonably priced? Why does the option of playing a game online or off increase the price?

I'm no expert but you are asking for the benefits of steam without the downsides. I assume "always on" is similar to steam in that you'd need to authenticate somewhat regularly, but I really have no idea how anyone is implementing anything. Maybe i'm wrong, who knows.

TheCrow

It's possible, but I don't think MS will have the install base to secure timed exclusives if they go solo with this.

Also, there are laws to worry about too.

http://www.webpronews.com/you-can-resell-your-steam-games-in-europe-2012-07

Steam is under some fire in Europe for not allowing second hand sales. How will MS get away with this?

At launch install base is a nonfactor. If MS does go down that route they must have some backing by third parties or else they would only limit first party games. That's the only way it makes sense for it to be system wide.

I'm no expert but you are asking for the benefits of steam without the downsides. I assume "always on" is similar to steam in that you'd need to authenticate somewhat regularly, but I really have no idea how anyone is implementing anything. Maybe i'm wrong, who knows.

My main thing is what Ez said. Why does super Mario bros cost $5 on VC? Why do 5 year old xbla arcade games cost the same they did 5 years ago or get a very minimal discount? Makes no sense

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My main thing is what Ez said. Why does super Mario bros cost $5 on VC? Why do 5 year old xbla arcade games cost the same they did 5 years ago or get a very minimal discount? Makes no sense

Mario costs $5 because people will pay that. Its different with properties that hold value. Most of the XBLA games dont carry that same weight.

Splat

I'm sure lack of price flexibility at the top end has some consequences at the lower end. I agree with you, it sucks.

I'm really tempted to correct something here...

Namely have you played gt5 with a wheel? I have a g27 and it's pretty sweet and authentic with it. GT5 has other issues such as the horrible menu system, outdated licenses tests, and and the same tire sounds since ps1.

What do you want to correct? Haven't played GT5 with a wheel. But Forza's sound(as you said) puts you in the cockpit while GT reminds you that this is a video game. I love the way the rumble feels in Forza as well, the clutch feels so perfect. Forza has deeper tuning and is supposedly(I don't play both) more accurate, they worked with Pirelli (They make racing tires) and got access to all the crazy information their state of the art computers can tell you about braking and tire wear. They also got to run specific tests at Pirelli they previous couldn't do (Heavier car weights and just stuff they'd never test normally but the data is useful when making a videogame sim). Forza 4 is so far ahead of even Forza 3, it's for sure ahead of GT5 which came out like half a year before it. GT knows it isn't as authentic, this is why they go out of their way to provide weather and night racing (things I really wish Forza had), but at the end of the day I'm glad the people at Turn 10 spend their time on what they spend their time on.

Mrbob

At launch install base is a nonfactor. If MS does go down that route they must have some backing by third parties or else they would only limit first party games. That's the only way it makes sense for it to be system wide.

Third parties aren't private companies, though. They have to answer to investors.

Mrbob

Only if the profits show this to be the case. I'm unconvinced it would be. Used games are a huge catalyst for buying new software. Something the industry doesn't want to admit.

If I were Sony, I would call the MS bluff.

TheCrow

Only if the profits show this to be the case. I'm unconvinced it would be. Used games are a huge catalyst for buying new software. Something the industry doesn't want to admit.

If I were Sony, I would call the MS bluff.

Hey, I'm on your side. I'm just explaining how I think MS is the only one in position to give this a shot. We'll see if they actually go through with it but for what it's worth, Edge is really pushing their story.

Mario costs $5 because people will pay that. Its different with properties that hold value. Most of the XBLA games dont carry that same weight.

Ice climbers is $5. A bunch of shitty genesis games are $6.

As for "people will pay" well of course some people will. Some people will pay $60 for day 1 DD release of darksiders 2 instead of waiting 2 months and getting it for $10.

VC is obviously not very profitable for Nintendo since they seem to ignore it horribly. That or they are inept businessmen.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

As for "people will pay" well of course some people will. Some people will pay $60 for day 1 DD release of darksiders 2 instead of waiting 2 months and getting it for $10.

VC is obviously not very profitable for Nintendo since they seem to ignore it horribly. That or they are inept businessmen.

Lol id bet everything its pretty fucking profitable. Dont so easily discount what people will pay for games they are nostalgic about. Even if they are "shitty genesis games" to you. It takes little to no work for them to dump a rom and put a price tag on it.

TheCrow

Nintendo games are a bad example because that is the only way to legally obtain them. Unlike with darksiders 2, where there are various avenues for you to purchase it.

Edit: Forgot about xbla exclusives but I don't pay attention to it.

McNei1y

I was a fresh in college when the 360 launched. Me and a friend sat outside of best buy over night that December to get our 360s. Being able sit around day and act likeSoka was great.

I had a certain realization a few days ago that I will never be able to live like that unless I'm retired, hit the lotto, or unemployed. Fuck. Oh well. Make that money dollar dollar bills yall.

But yea that was the first time I played the 360. So after that, I was looking for the 360 for about 3 weeks after that and it was always sold out. Finally, my buddy called me at 6am on a Saturday to tell me one of the best buy's near me had a limited amount to the first people at the door. We were able to get the 15th one out of 20. And that was two days before Christmas!

Top Bottom