• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Apparently the developers said it was PC on the Gametrailers after show or whatever.

Oh well thats lame :(

That was a pretty weak showing...

Killzone??? el oh el

Destiny!!!!! Oh wait that's multiplatform..

Watch Dogs!? Multiplatform again..

A race game not named Gran Turismo? Don't care.

Then everything else was a friggin tech demo.

Oh and let's not forget a year old game from Blizzard that sucks balls. Starcraft N64 scenario, but worse.

And then everything else they showed were friggin lame tech demos...

Microsoft has nothing to be worried about lol.

I think most people are just excited by the specs and software features. It's looking to be a pretty amazing system.

eznark

Banned
There is no consumer board that you can use GDDR5 with. This is a thing designed by Sony and AMD(?) so we have no Earthly idea how much it actually costs.

I'm a victim of nostalgia, friend. It literally hasn't happened since like the N64.

By N64 standards the Wii U had a great launch. It had one game! I don't have any recollection of what games came out at launch on the SNES or anything before it. I remember when I got an Atari I also got Pitfall and Kangaroo Boxing so for me, that was the best launch ever!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm a victim of nostalgia, friend. It literally hasn't happened since like the N64.

Fuck, I didn't buy a 360 until August. Chromehounds was my first game. God that game was amazing.

Didn't the N64 only have 2 launch games, Pilotwings and Mario?

Mario was one of the best games of all time so there is that.

Sorry levious, forgot about Chess!

You say Mario 64 like it wasn't one of the best games ever...

Wave Race bitchessssssss

Wave Race was so awesome. I wish they'd make a WiiU one

I wonder if MS decides to match Sony in GDDR5 or if they do something crazy like dropping 16 GB ddr3(or more) in there - the gloves are off!

Ramirez

Damn, I forgot about Wave Race. NGC's launch wasn't that bad either, Rogue Squadron, Super Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion & Wave Race.

According to Wiki, SM64 & Pilotwings were the only launch titles for the 64.

Trasher

You said great games

I also said "seemed" as in they weren't actually release games!

N64 I had Mario 64, Wave Race, and Shadows of the Empire. I think it's because I didn't get the system until Christmas that year so all of those were already out. I don't think I've ever purchased a console on the day it was released.

Didn't the N64 only have 2 launch games, Pilotwings and Mario?

Mario was one of the best games of all time so there is that.

Sorry levious, forgot about Chess!

Yeah it was just Pilotwings and Mario.

eznark

Banned
I camped out for a PS2. I was going to do the same for a Dreamcast but lol, no one even knew what they were so I just walked in and grabbed one.

My mom waited in line for all the other consoles! She is the best!

Ramirez

Damn, Dreamcast with Sonic, Soul Calibur, & NFL2K was a real mind fuck to my teenage brain.

Then came PSO & Shenmue, and it became the best system ever, believe.

Trasher

My older brother camped out for PS2 and Dreamcast. I was too young. He ended up just selling the release systems for money, and then eventually getting them like a month or so later. He made a lot of money actually...

Mrbob

Trasher, I hope you're excited when MS announces their new entertainment division alongside the next Xbox reveal. Because that is what gamers want is original entertainment programming for their consoles.

8GB GDDR5 is beast mode for a console. Closed box. That alone guarantees me buying a PS4 first. Superior 3rd party console confirmed. The ghosts of PS3s past are shattered.

Sanjuro

I've actually never camped out for a console. I was managing a game store when the 360 was out, so already had it a week prior to launch.

Worst I've done is go to Wal-Mart in the morning to pick up the Gamecube.

Ramirez

Then you are doing it wrong. For PS3 we had tents, sleeping bags, plenty of food and drink, and a huge projector so we could watch TV/Play games on the side of BestBuy!

Any kind of midnight launch is a complete embarrassment to me now, guess it's cool for people who enjoy them, but I just feel weird at them.

I waited in line for the NGC, Wii, & 360. I'll just preorder the next ones from Amazon or something.

Mrbob

The only system I camped out for was the PS2. Long night. For the Xbox 360 I had a manager friend at wal mart set aside a core system at launch. That was sweet. All those people standing in line and had mine set aside.

I don't think I've ever pre ordered a console before. I'll be pre ordering a PS4 as soon as I can.

Sanjuro

I've camped out for all kinds of shit. Lines are a fantastic place for mushrooms.

ibnaEo3fFqAN8a.gif

The only system I camped out for was the PS2. Long night. For the Xbox 360 I had a manager friend at wal mart set aside a core system at launch. That was sweet. All those people standing in line and had mine set aside.

I don't think I've ever pre ordered a console before. I'll be pre ordering a PS4 as soon as I can.

You preordered wiiU you fucking liar

Any kind of midnight launch is a complete embarrassment to me now, guess it's cool for people who enjoy them, but I just feel weird at them.

I waited in line for the NGC, Wii, & 360. I'll just preorder the next ones from Amazon or something.

an embarrassment? I don't get it. Are you afraid to be seen in a line or something?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, Dreamcast with Sonic, Soul Calibur, & NFL2K was a real mind fuck to my teenage brain.

Then came PSO & Shenmue, and it became the best system ever, believe.

PSO nearly made me fail out of college. Actually, Folken's Japanese PSO impressions were the initial reason I visited the GAF forum back in December of 2000... holy fuck I am old.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Zero chance I camp out. I am placing my pre-order at multiple stores and then walking into whatever the easiest place is the next day.

Top Bottom