• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Ramirez

GG bro, I just wanted to see if I could run with another team, had about a 3.1 YPC with Lynch, which is a lot better than I can do with my team.

Smokey

DDR3 =! GDDR5

The closest thing you can buy is the 6 GB GDDR5 AMD HD7990 and that is $1000

It's not 8gb of VRAM...it's unified.

The memory is all that the ps4 has over pc...cpu and gpu tech are so far ahead of software on the pc side its ridiculous.

I'm there day 1 though. Tired of this gen.

eznark

Banned

The memory is all that the ps4 has over pc...cpu and gpu tech are so far ahead of software on the pc side its ridiculous.

That, the fact that the machine is dedicated to only the game and the fact that optimization is simpler because you have an absolute floor and ceiling. You don't need to spend time and resources optimizing for different build levels.

Brad Wardell thinks the machine will be able to put current gen PC's to shame.

TheCrow

That, the fact that the machine is dedicated to only the game and the fact that optimization is simpler because you have an absolute floor and ceiling. You don't need to spend time and resources optimizing for different build levels.

Maybe at 720p.

bluemax

Banned
From a developer perspective I'm pretty excited by the things they announced today.

From a consumer perspective there were a lot of things I liked, but not enough to push me to buying on day one. Especially considering how lack luster the software was. The only game that stood out visually was Deep Down, and it had some really wonky camera stuff going on.

Sokantish

but bluemax, didn't you hear? There's a final fantasy coming out this year, or did he say there was just one being developed this year? I can't remember

I'm there day 1 though. Tired of this gen.

I figure the PC crowd would be happy as a pig in shit with this news. Doesn't this move the performance baseline for PC developers considerably higher?

TheCrow

Plus there was this

i0kgysX2mrLHv.gif

Smokey

At what 720p?

Neither PS4 nor next Xbox will slay current PCs. I played Crysis 3 at 5760x1080. And I got 30fps on two 580s. Those are more than a generation old in GPU land.

They shame previous gen consoles but don't come close to a high end PC outside of the RAM.

I figure the PC crowd would be happy as a pig in shit with this news. Doesn't this move the performance baseline for PC developers considerably higher?

It raises the baseline yes. For starters DX11 on most if not all games.

TheCrow

It definitely helps console ports but most pc games would already be aiming higher. I need to get a second monitor now that smokey got his 3rd. Can't let him leave me completely in the dust.

It definitely helps console ports but most pc games would already be aiming higher. I need to get a second monitor now that smokey got his 3rd. Can't let him leave me completely in the dust.

Yeah but you still have major players developing with the intent of their games being able to run on PS360. Imagine what Crysis 3 and BF3 would have looked like with the PS4 as the baseline?

Ferny

Just found out I can use my rewards points from my CC on Amazon.

47,000 point spending spree incoming! ($470)

3DS come to papa!

That's the best card we offer man. I always tell people to get the damn Amazon card at work but people never listen and pick the card with Mickey Mouse on it :(

That's the best card we offer man. I always tell people to get the damn Amazon card at work but people never listen and pick the card with Mickey Mouse on it :(

I have the Amazon rewards card but I like my Sapphire Preferred better. That is where all my points are at. I thought I could only use my Amazon card points but i guess Amazon is letting Chase link all their cards now.

LJ11

Good game Splat.

You had me up against the ropes early but I made a play on that 3rd down and was able to tie it, and get the O going. Hawkins is a shifty sob, looks fast. These small backs are tough to deal with.

Championship Round

Broncos @ Bills
Giants @ 49ers

NFC OPOTW: Kendall Hunter (49ers) - 8 carries, 111 yards, 3 TD, 1 rec, 16 yards
NFC DPOTW: Navarro Bowman (49ers) - 5 tackles, 1 int, 1 FF, 1 TD

AFC OPOTW: CJ Spiller (Bills) - 18 car, 156 yards, 1 TD, 2 rec, 49 yards, 1 TD
AFC DPOTW: Stephen Gilmore (Bills) - 1 tackle, 1 int, 1 TD

the draft is still alive for sunday! lets finish the season tomorrow night and let the chips fall where they may!

TheCrow

Well, this playoff run was fun while it lasted. I can't even remember the last time I won more than one game in the playoffs. Must've been been my last superbowl run a couple years ago.

Edit: Bowers couldn't even get OPOTW. He has been phenomenal for me in the playoffs.

Ferny

I have the Amazon rewards card but I like my Sapphire Preferred better. That is where all my points are at. I thought I could only use my Amazon card points but i guess Amazon is letting Chase link all their cards now.
Yup. You can even use UR points on Amazon stuff now. That was a recent change as well as being able to use Amazon points to purchase travel shit.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Soul Calibur
Power Stone
Sonic Adventure
Hydro Thunder
Marvel vs Capcom
HOTD2
NFL2K
NBA2K
Ready2Rumble
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
And VF3TB just a month later

Goodness! What a launch!

And bass fishing alongside vf3!

rinse82

So with this remote play stuff, if you were me and could get a Vita for $100 right now, would you? It'll practically collect dust until PS4 launch.

Actually, I could play the Show '13 on it since I don't own a PS3 anymore.

DCX

DCX
Wellie is salivating at the prospect of using game footage to cook up a gameplan for each and every one of us.

The return of the notebook in digital form.

DCX

Sanjuro

I hate the Vita idea, because it actually would require purchasing that godawful machine. However, I could turn pouting into pooping.

eznark

Banned
So with this remote play stuff, if you were me and could get a Vita for $100 right now, would you? It'll practically collect dust until PS4 launch.

Actually, I could play the Show '13 on it since I don't own a PS3 anymore.

Vita is worth $100 if no other games are released for it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Yup. You can even use UR points on Amazon stuff now. That was a recent change as well as being able to use Amazon points to purchase travel shit.
I'm a beast about points. I have two cards both dumping into the same Citi Thank You Network account. One is my every day card (the Citi Premier), it's especially good for travel with the point per mile flown bonus. The other is the now discontinued Citi Forward card that gives me 5% back at restaurants (including fast food), movies, and bookstores (including Amazon).

It's not really a pain in the ass to manage since I'm meticulous about my finances (as I am with everything) but I think it's worth it to try and maximize those earnings since we've been getting fucked on savings interest rates anyway. Pretty sad that in the past few years you can make more from cash back through spending than whatever you can get via interest on savings.

Wellie is salivating at the prospect of using game footage to cook up a gameplan for each and every one of us.

The return of the notebook in digital form.

DCX

I am not the only one that would take advantage of this. It would have been especially good to have that feature this year to expose some BS.

I am not the only one that would take advantage of this. It would have been especially good to have that feature this year to expose some BS.

Uh, I am sure as hell going to take advantage of this. Now I don't have to go against people who I usually don't play and spend 3 quarters feeling them out.

Do you work for Chase?

I'm a beast about points. I have two cards both dumping into the same Citi Thank You Network account. One is my every day card (the Citi Premier), it's especially good for travel with the point per mile flown bonus. The other is the now discontinued Citi Forward card that gives me 5% back at restaurants (including fast food), movies, and bookstores (including Amazon).

It's not really a pain in the ass to manage since I'm meticulous about my finances (as I am with everything) but I think it's worth it to try and maximize those earnings since we've been getting fucked on savings interest rates anyway. Pretty sad that in the past few years you can make more from cash back through spending than whatever you can get via interest on savings.

Yeah, nothing beats a good rewards card. There are lots of crappy ones out there with spending caps. You can earn 5% cash back but only on $1500 in purchases. Thats a waste of time.

I use my Sapphire Preferred(very similar to your Citi Premier) for everything and pay it in full every month so the points rack up pretty quick. 1 point/$ for everything, 2 points/$ for food, 3 points/$ travel, 7% annual dividend on all points earned - plus they have this ultimate rewards online mall where you can earn even faster.

Recently I've used it at the following online stores

Nikestore 8 points/$
iTunes 5 points/$
buckle 5 points/$
kohls 11 points/$

but there is a huuuuge list of online retailers and most of them have pretty good points bonuses.

Madden PS4 League with its video recording history! Who's coming with me?!

tumblr_lg22ihEqdA1qzuqe9.jpg

Not me. They didn't even show us what the case looks like, so they're obviously hiding something!

I'll just stick to the superior experience of playing Madden on smartphones and tablets.

Top Bottom