• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

McNei1y

But what was complained about? While I don't play him often, actually never this year aside from a scrim, I don't know what was the exact problem. Was there really constant issues? Was there really a large amount of people complaining about him or was it just a few that saw many issues?

I just think the action of removing a vet and then giving him a weaker team next season is weird. There was nothing else that could've been done?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Downloading and installing a firmware update on my Ipad is taking forever. Apple worse than Sony at firmware updates confirmed.

Good thing the Ipad is such a magical device that Apple can get away with it.

Edit: Annnnnnnnnd done! Only took like 10 minutes to download and install a 75MB file.
I've all but replaced pen and paper with the iPad at work. I have to carry plans, specs, and schedules with me for site walk throughs, tablets in general have helped tremendously.

I thought the draft was 7 AM PT...?

Rorschach

Thanks, wellie and birdman [edit] and rinse. You other blokes are assholes. Was making plans and didn't have access to proper GAF. Although, come to think of it, I should have used the desktop extension... But I was in a rush and forgot.

eznark

Banned
I've all but replaced pen and paper with the iPad at work. I have to carry plans, specs, and schedules with me for site walk throughs, tablets in general have helped tremendously.

I thought the draft was 7 AM PT...?

Same, but I am hearing pretty amazing things about the Surface's touchscreen with regards to pen inputs so I may buy one to be a dedicated notebook. I need to get to one of their dumb pop up stores and check it out.

BigAT

Thanks, wellie and birdman [edit] and rinse. You other blokes are assholes. Was making plans and didn't have access to proper GAF. Although, come to think of it, I should have used the desktop extension... But I was in a rush and forgot.

Hey, I was going to lie to you about the date and time but didn't. I think I deserve a little commendation here.

I spent the morning setting up my iCloud calendar and contacts. I didn't know this shit existed until I tried it last night, now I don't have to go off memory and notepad and excel!

Does anyone know of a good app that syncs iCloud to android, I saw smoothsync?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Man I never wake up before 10 on Sunday.

Someone can have my entire draft for a 7th rounder.

Are we playing another season? I would send you a real offer involving next year's picks for my team.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ I'll give you a fifth rounder.

Same, but I am hearing pretty amazing things about the Surface's touchscreen with regards to pen inputs so I may buy one to be a dedicated notebook. I need to get to one of their dumb pop up stores and check it out.

I want to try one as well, since 99% of all offices use the MS Office suite.

I spent the morning setting up my iCloud calendar and contacts. I didn't know this shit existed until I tried it last night, now I don't have to go off memory and notepad and excel!

Does anyone know of a good app that syncs iCloud to android, I saw smoothsync?

I've resisted going to iCloud and mainly just use drop box for doc sharing. Maybe it's stupid but I just don't want to fully be absorbed into the Apple ecosystem.

eznark

Banned
I think the negative reaction to the surface was really, really overblown. I played with one for a day when I was in Indy in September and it was fine. Really nice device with a shitty ecosystem. I did not have the opportunity to really write on it though and it was an RT.

BigAT

So can someone try and justify the Crow thing to me, because I don't get it. If you truly think he has done enough to warrant getting kicked, why would he be let back in the league at all next year, even if it's a different team? Only some people should have to deal with actions that are deemed unsuitable for the league? The two actions just seem completely at odds with each other.

It's either messed up to kick a veteran this year if you think he hasn't done anything wrong or it's foolish to let someone you think is a cheater back into the league.

I haven't played Crow at all this year, so I'm not defending him just as I'm not demanding he get kicked. It just seems like a misguided attempt at action the way it currently stands.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So can someone try and justify the Crow thing to me, because I don't get it. If you truly think he has done enough to warrant getting kicked, why would he be let back in the league at all next year, even if it's a different team? Only some people should have to deal with actions that are deemed unsuitable for the league? The two actions just seem completely at odds with each other.

It's either messed up to kick a veteran this year if you think he hasn't done anything wrong or it's foolish to let someone you think is a cheater back into the league.

I haven't played Crow at all this year, so I'm not defending him just as I'm not demanding he get kicked. It just seems like a misguided attempt at action the way it currently stands.

I agree with AT on this one, and I also have not played him this year either.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I kicked Bluemax out and let him back in last year.

Ask the people who refuse to play him

How fast does the draft usually go? Cause I am going to be gone from like 8:25-9:20 PT and I'm trying to figure out what round that is in

Okay, since I don't have a 3rd and I am positive I'll be here for the first two, consider my 4th-7th rounders on sale for future picks

Chances are I'm not interested in your leftover garbage that you want to dump on me, but if you have anyone in mind, I'll entertain it! even if he's a bad salary! offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, or safety

LJ11

Heard Crow is never coming back, but the commishes don't let the plebes know dick.

Only a couple of people replied to FMT's post a couple a months ago about Crow. Remember DCX replying, I said my piece as well. Easily correctable stuff. When I played him earlier in season 3 he was straight up, as he was in season 1 game 1 I played against him. Think I played him 4 times total, may be wrong, and he went full cunt mode in the AFC Champ game, saw some shit in game 2 as well.

Figured he went into douche mode in the last game because he knew his fate was decided or some shit.

Maybe FMT should stop being a pussy and tell people what's going on.

Edit: When I think you're being a dick, I let you know. When I'm being a dick please let me know.

Heard Crow is never coming back, but the commishes don't let the plebes know dick.

Only a couple of people replied to FMT's post a couple a months ago about Crow. Remember DCX replying, I said my piece as well. Easily correctable stuff. When I played him earlier in season 3 he was straight up, as he was in the season 1 game I played against him. Think I played him 4 times total, may be wrong, and he went full cunt mode in the AFC Champ game, saw some shit in game 2 as well.

Figured he went into douche mode in the last game because he knew his fate was decided or some shit.

We've asked several times, including last night, and it went ignored again

That's just how it's going to be :(

Smokey

It wasn't really until Rors made his opinion known that action was taken on Crow...

When a general speaks FMT tends to take action

Only a couple of people replied to FMT's post a couple a months ago about Crow. Remember DCX replying, I said my piece as well. Easily correctable stuff. When I played him earlier in season 3 he was straight up, as he was in the season 1 game I played against him. Think I played him 4 times total, may be wrong, and he went full cunt mode in the AFC Champ game, saw some shit in game 2 as well.

Why would I speak on someone else's behalf? They can speak for themselves

The problems I had with crow the one time we played was every tackle was a hit stick by his AI guys and literally every run play my G or FB would be in line for a block and would turn away at the last second.

These aren't sour grapes from me. I dealt with it. I dealt with Shawn back then and whoever else. But when there are multiple people saying they won't play someone or won't come back next season if this person is around then it is a difficult decision to make

eznark

Banned

Only a couple of people replied to FMT's post a couple a months ago about Crow. Remember DCX replying, I said my piece as well. Easily correctable stuff. When I played him earlier in season 3 he was straight up, as he was in season 1 game 1 I played against him. Think I played him 4 times total, may be wrong, and he went full cunt mode in the AFC Champ game, saw some shit in game 2 as well.

Edit: When I think you're being a dick, I let you know. When I'm being a dick please let me know.
He can't
Because Luke hasn't decided yet.

LJ11

Why would I speak on someone else's behalf? They can speak for themselves

The problems I had with crow the one time we played was every tackle was a hit stick by his AI guys and literally every run play my G or FB would be in line for a block and would turn away at the last second.

These aren't sour grapes from me. I dealt with it. I dealt with Shawn back then and whoever else. But when there are multiple people saying they won't play someone or won't come back next season if this person is around then it is a difficult decision to make

No, you're absolutely right, if someone had a beef you gave them an avenue to express themselves.

I'm talking about letting this will he or won't he (be back) hang in the air. Just set it straight and be done with it. Also thought it wad dumb to decide to kick a guy out and then keep him around for a few weeks. Why waste someone's time?

No, you're absolutely right, if someone had a beef you gave them an avenue to express themselves.

I'm talking about letting this will he or won't he (be back) hang in the air. Just set it straight and be done with it. Also thought it wad dumb to decide to kick a guy out and then keep him around for a few weeks. Why waste someone's time?

I thought I had set it straight. Luke is the one saying otherwise, so we will see.

As for letting him play out, I hadn't received any complaints leading up to the playoffs so I thought maybe we are good. Then he makes the playoffs, beats rors no complaints. Beats Luke and then the same problems arise. So now what are the options? 1 game replacement? Let you play CPU? Sim?

bluemax

Banned
Not too mention punishing he only person brave/stupid enough to keep playing in the NFC West with you season after season by making him play Crow!

LukeSmith

Crow has for years ridden the line in ways that others long before him were ushered into the sunset. He knows this, people who've played him over the years know this.

His forebears, Ando, Vumpler and Shawn were similarly punted (I was new like McNeily is when that stuff went down, so I don't have much insight into it).

Playing Crow like others have said -- either in the thread, or to me -- feels like playing a video game. This is not in the spirit of the league and if you want to play like that or play against people like that, there's a world of matchmaking available to you.

He's a good dude, though

cvIIWeX.jpg

hype levels reaching critical mass

Nightz

Crow has for years ridden the line in ways that others long before him were ushered into the sunset. He knows this, people who've played him over the years know this.

His forebears, Ando, Vumpler and Shawn were similarly punted (I was new like McNeily is when that stuff went down, so I don't have much insight into it).

Playing Crow like others have said -- either in the thread, or to me -- feels like playing a video game. This is not in the spirit of the league and if you want to play like that or play against people like that, there's a world of matchmaking available to you.

He's a good dude, though

I think everyone is just looking for a simple answer to this question: Gone for good or just for this season?

LukeSmith

I think everyone is just looking for a simple answer to this question: Gone for good or just for this season?

FMT and I aren't on the same page on this, and honestly, I don't think it's a decision that needs to be made today. It's a late-binding decision. Maybe Crow comes clean admits he's been a chucklehead and reforms before Madden25! I dunno!

Top Bottom